Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I dont particularily enjoy r&m so of course im a bit miffed bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait.....do you not like Rick and Morty?? You shoulda mentioned before!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Wild Horses posted:

I dont particularily enjoy r&m so of course im a bit miffed bro.

Wow dude we didn't get that the first 40 times

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's time to take you away to cartoon posting jail, friend

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So when will the episode that was supposed to be on last night air? Did it officially get moved back a week? What about the usual midweek rerun?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Next week, midweek doesn't matter because they're playing Rick and Morty at 10 every night this week.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The worst part of this last minute, unannounced switch is that I'm pretty sure its going to gently caress up my whole Sonarr set-up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They do it every goddamn year.

Anyone sitting down to watch Adult Swim on April 1st whose paid attention to the block, which if you're watching Samurai Jack has a high percentage of including you ANYWAY, should know there's a chance of something like this happening.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't mind the April Fool's joke, but I will be pissed if next week they decide to skip an episode and show episode 5 next week.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Anyone sitting down to watch Adult Swim on April 1st whose paid attention to the block, which if you're watching Samurai Jack has a high percentage of including you ANYWAY, should know there's a chance of something like this happening.

samurai jack only started this year, i ain't watched toonami or adult swim since uuuh

when was inuyasha airing, goddamn 10 years ago

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jellymouth posted:

I don't mind the April Fool's joke, but I will be pissed if next week they decide to skip an episode and show episode 5 next week.

He'll be coming out of the Matrix.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean i'm totally okay with RICK AND MORTY FOREVER but i don't think it's out there that someone might not have expected it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want my goddamn time portal
Even if it takes 50 years aku
Im gonna get that time portal
Just you and me fighting forever aku
50 years

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
At least it was Rick and Morty and not Screwy Squirrel played all day.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah guys for this one off April Fools joke they will not show episode 4 and will in fact skip it and never show it ever. They actually locked the episode in the Adult Swim Mega Vault so no one shall see it.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I want my goddamn time portal
Even if it takes 50 years aku
Im gonna get that time portal
Just you and me fighting forever aku
50 years

you forgot your purpose
you pass butter

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, what was that, like 1997?

Is it weird that I kinda miss the late night CN lineups pre-adult swim?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

to be honest i would rather they aired the room or some really lovely mst3k movie

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Thanks for reminding me. Cartoon Network knows how to troll its audience sometimes.

Best April Fool's was when they brought back Toonami for one night back in 2012 and showed the penultimate episodes from fan favorites like Cell Saga DBZ and Outlaw Star. :allears:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Terror Sweat posted:

to be honest i would rather they aired the room or some really lovely mst3k movie

Rick and morty is good and funny why would you prefer a joke movie from half a decade ago

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
April 1st, 2017 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single television network, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Cartoon Network premiered season 3 of Rick and Morty instead of a new episode of Samurai Jack tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Cartoon Network was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, and Ed, Edd n' Eddy were all quality cartoons that combined great animation with delightful stories. These shows may have been gross or over-the-top at times, but deep down they were always good-hearted and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from children across the word. Samurai Jack was their greatest show, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of paralleled quality. Following it's much-mourned end, Cartoon Network debuted a new season that raised the bar ever higher for cartoons.

Then they aired Rick and Morty in place of Samurai Jack. This was not just an April Fool's prank, it was announcement of Cartoon Network's suicide. It was a move intended to completely disregard Samurai Jack's fanbase and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Cartoon Network had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their audience, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I watch cartoons without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Cartoon Network had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

April 1st, 2017 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single television network, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Cartoon Network premiered season 3 of Rick and Morty instead of a new episode of Samurai Jack tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Cartoon Network was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, and Ed, Edd n' Eddy were all quality cartoons that combined great animation with delightful stories. These shows may have been gross or over-the-top at times, but deep down they were always good-hearted and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from children across the word. Samurai Jack was their greatest show, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of paralleled quality. Following it's much-mourned end, Cartoon Network debuted a new season that raised the bar ever higher for cartoons.

Then they aired Rick and Morty in place of Samurai Jack. This was not just an April Fool's prank, it was announcement of Cartoon Network's suicide. It was a move intended to completely disregard Samurai Jack's fanbase and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Cartoon Network had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their audience, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I watch cartoons without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Cartoon Network had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

jerry get a job

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Source your quotes.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Sir, this is a TV Network Feeback drive in

edit: Wait, gently caress let me get a notepad

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 2, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
But how do you feel about their wallpaper choices, and does this constitute a casus belli?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLk619tHgE

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Rick and morty is good and funny

its ok

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like Rick & Morty. I also like Samurai Jack. I like two things at once.
*Reality splits*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Long *belch* ago in a distant universe, I, Ri-*BELCH*-ck, unleashed an unSPEAKABLE evil

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ghost Jack is the best new character so far.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Samurai jack ending spoiled. Right as Aku is about to finally end jack after an epic battle, a green portal opens behind aku, cue sci fi laser sound, aku disintegrates. Rick: I'm going to go take a poo poo. End scene.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Aku flings Jack even further into the future where they are both completely insane.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

It turns out Jack was in a coma the whole time. Aku was a metaphor for cancer, which he could never find a cure for.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

It turns out Jack was in a coma the whole time. Aku was a metaphor for cancer, which he could never find a cure for.

No thats the bionicles series (toys and movies)

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

No thats the bionicles series (toys and movies)

i want to hear this one

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Long *belch* ago in a distant universe, I, Ri-*BELCH*-ck, unleashed an unSPEAKABLE evil
Having the cast of Rick & Morty do voiceovers in character for all the shows would've been funnier and a nice compliment to all day googly eyes, which was also very funny.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

i want to hear this one

so the idea is that these small matorans machine creatures are living on these huge pieces of land, but they've forgotten what they're supposed to do, so they're just mulling around being tribesmen right, and there's some sort of evil influence corrupting all lifeforms on the islands, basically turning their sedentary life to poo poo.
but warriors begin showing up and destroying the infected wildlife, eventually maybe stopping the tumor that is makuta. these warriors are sent from somewhere as a defense system is the big idea
but there's always more of the evil corruption, which eventually infects the bowels of the 'planet', which is then promptly crashed into somewhere, i don't know, i kinda dropped it at this point.

point is the struggle of the body is never ending, and the immune system might destroy cancer cells but will never prevail, while the body is basically comatose and individual parts no longer work correctly

edit- add to that, that the first island's geographical names basically spell out different parts of the human face but in some polynesian language.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

wow, that's... not nearly as crazy as i expected

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

deepest lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Wild Horses posted:

so the idea is that these small matorans machine creatures are living on these huge pieces of land, but they've forgotten what they're supposed to do, so they're just mulling around being tribesmen right, and there's some sort of evil influence corrupting all lifeforms on the islands, basically turning their sedentary life to poo poo.
but warriors begin showing up and destroying the infected wildlife, eventually maybe stopping the tumor that is makuta. these warriors are sent from somewhere as a defense system is the big idea
but there's always more of the evil corruption, which eventually infects the bowels of the 'planet', which is then promptly crashed into somewhere, i don't know, i kinda dropped it at this point.

point is the struggle of the body is never ending, and the immune system might destroy cancer cells but will never prevail, while the body is basically comatose and individual parts no longer work correctly

edit- add to that, that the first island's geographical names basically spell out different parts of the human face but in some polynesian language.

I'm actually a fan of this theory. Thank you for the interesting write up!

I just caught up to the end of this thread and wanted to chime in. In regards to past discussion about Samurai Jack and putting ladies in skin-tight battle suits, I'm fairly sure being sexist or using the septuplets as eye candy wasn't the goal of the show, so I'm going to have good faith in this show until I see something more egregious or if they use the 'bitch' word. So far the Daughters of Aku are being set up as intense, fearsome, but also tragically sheltered individuals by the show itself, and it seems like the show is devoted to making them (or at least just Ashi who may be just the sole remaining assassin) interesting character(s). And that's a pretty feminist/progressive goal right there, so I'm happy so far. Feel free to quote me though if it turns out that Ashi turns into pure fanservice later on.

I'm looking forward to the next episode of Samurai Jack, because it reminds me of the time that Jack went inside a farting dragon whose farts where so bad that it was killing a town. God, I loved that episode. :allears:

• Locked thread