Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Also, not to give people too much credit, but the lobby controls are really weird. Sometimes it gets stuck on a certain player and won't let me select someone different.

If you're on PC, I believe mouse position will override keys if you actually hover it over an option. Dunno, there's some silliness with this game. I really just want them to fix the weapons damage. Then I'll be all in for another 700 hours of MEMP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My interest in this mode tanked pretty quickly, I went into the menu yesterday but realized I just didn't feel like playing it. On Friday I was doing Gold runs and it was just four guys on a roof blasting everything with sniper rifles. It was efficient but boring. They have to be careful because there's a lot of discontent about MP online and their statement that you need to buy packs to rank up your guns so that they'll actually do damage didn't win anybody over. You're always going to have geeks like the guy on Reddit who spent $1300 to open 600 premium packs in a row, but you're also not going to get the time investment from most people that you want if they don't have fun and don't feel like killing the enemies is worth the effort.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tasoth posted:

I really just want them to fix the weapons damage. Then I'll be all in for another 700 hours of MEMP.
Yeah after going back to ME3 I found the controls and movement extremely fiddly and missed the more vertical/faster movement of MEA so I'm just gonna stick to MEA single-player for a while. The combat aesthetic is fun, the guns are just too anemic to feel good. I hope fixing that is as simple as altering the values of some lines of code. I hope.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 2, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They were able to adjust gun and power damages weekly without a patch in ME3MP, I'm sure it's the same here. I'm being patient because I know they had to have plans for the MP

I really hope they boost xp gains in Gold

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

Is there any gun in this game that does damage worth a poo poo or should I just keep playing biotics/melee forever

The only guns I've found that had a satisfying punch to them were the widow and isharay.
Shotguns don't seem to be worth a piss, even on an infiltrator. Can't speak for the crusader though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...Huh. Have they changed the amount of points you can put into skills or has it been way too long since I played ME3? I got to level 20 on a dude and couldn't even max out three skills. Has it always been like this?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You also need to max rank the character in this. If you max rank the character, you can max 4 skills and have the last at 1.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oof, more grinding. :geno:

(Alternatively: Ooh, more grinding! :buddy:)

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Are the current versions of the multiplayer guns equivalent to the single player ones?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just got the game for my birthday! RBAStarblade on Origin. What's the best way to spec a human vanguard in the way of the Novaguards of old? I know I can't hit level 20/666^0 like in ME3 without multiple copies of the card.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 2, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Are the current versions of the multiplayer guns equivalent to the single player ones?

No, there are a lot of differences, some small, some large. The raptor does around half the damage in SP that it does in multiplayer, the falcon has a clip of 7 in SP instead of 8 in multiplayer, etc. The incisor might have less recoil in SP but I haven't compared enough to say for certain.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love it when pubbies kick me for being low level with a great gun/class/equipment while keeping around the level 20 guy using an Avenger X and Katana X :shepicide:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Holy God, I know this is the multiplayer thread but apparently I missed a mass effect single player trophy because I was 'offline' (asari ark) Jesus, at least code your drat game properly. Just a fair warning if anyone doesn't read the single player thread. Always make sure you're connected to online (which for me sometimes cut out while I play the game)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ineffiable posted:

Holy God, I know this is the multiplayer thread but apparently I missed a mass effect single player trophy because I was 'offline' (asari ark) Jesus, at least code your drat game properly. Just a fair warning if anyone doesn't read the single player thread. Always make sure you're connected to online (which for me sometimes cut out while I play the game)

Also you have to wait till it says online before starting single player otherwise it stays as offline and I don't think you can connect in-game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Alteisen posted:

Also you have to wait till it says online before starting single player otherwise it stays as offline and I don't think you can connect in-game.

Yeah that too. That's so stupid you can't connect in game.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you'll still get that achievement eventually when your Origin syncs up with your game or whatever it does. I was offline when I finished the campaign and it didn't show my "Mission Accomplished" achievement for a few days, but now it's showing up on the list.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you'll still get that achievement eventually when your Origin syncs up with your game or whatever it does. I was offline when I finished the campaign and it didn't show my "Mission Accomplished" achievement for a few days, but now it's showing up on the list.

PS4 and I reconnected several times. Well we'll see I guess. It synced up my full power trophy but not the asari ark.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ah I'm on PC so you might be boned. :v: That's some poo poo.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Digirat posted:

the falcon has a clip of 7 in SP instead of 8 in multiplayer

The falcon has a clip size of 6, if you see more than that you have passives that increase it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

I love it when pubbies kick me for being low level with a great gun/class/equipment while keeping around the level 20 guy using an Avenger X and Katana X :shepicide:

Quoting myself because this is what happened in the very next match, haha. (I'm "zerodrone" and was actually level 6, I didn't hit the Share button before I leveled up from the match)

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Been thinking getting Andromeda on PC to play the multiplayer, but I keep hearing how the connections are a nightmare.

Any of you on the East coast have any trouble with that?

I'm also debating getting it on Xbox one if it means a more stable population.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Some games I join are laggy as gently caress. Some games I join are smooth as silk. It's gonna depend on who you get peered with and how poo poo their internet is relative to your lovely internet.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Got a Black Widow in a 50k pack.

Got a Vanquisher a few packs later. Today's coming up sniper! :69snypa:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
This game is kind of growing on me. My infiltrator is 20, I can now do Silver matches reliably, and I'm almost off Basic Packs. Vanquisher is pretty good but unlike ME3, I can't seem to hit poo poo with a SR. I could reliably quick scope with the Geth infil but I'm not sure whats different about this.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Picked up a Kineticist and they're pretty neat. No idea how to not almost instantly lose ascension, though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ineffiable posted:

Who fukken cares lmao

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I did one of the apex mission things with my buddy on the weekend and one of the modifiers was 50% increased shotgun damage. Even though it was just bronze it was heaps of fun to use poo poo guns that aren't poo poo anymore and still be effective. The venom exploding shotgun is hilarious and it was great nailing those stupid observers in the eye with a big exploding cannonball.

On the flipside, I wanted to try the sandstorm assault rifle and boy does that thing suck. The carnifex does more damage and has better accuracy.

And gently caress crashing on wave six. Does this game make a crash log file somewhere cos it would be nice to see what is going wrong instead of just being dumped back to desktop.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
My friends and I were discussing this last night while we did some Gold runs. The problem with the anemic weapons is compounded by the fact that the enemies are so drat squirrelly now. They move really fast, they're great at dodging, but every once in a while, they find a good position and stay still to shoot at you. This means staying at range to pop them in the head with a sniper rifle is the fastest and safest option.

Also, the difference in damage between landing headshots and bodyshots is too great right now. It's nice that the game rewards you for accuracy and good aim, but at the same time, you're punished for bringing in a bullet hose like the Revenant or the Soned, which honestly have no place in the game. Full auto rifles that are supposed to be massive machine guns need to have some kind of in-built stagger/panic component so even if it doesn't kill people, it might actually be able to CC things.

comatose posted:

I did one of the apex mission things with my buddy on the weekend and one of the modifiers was 50% increased shotgun damage. Even though it was just bronze it was heaps of fun to use poo poo guns that aren't poo poo anymore and still be effective. The venom exploding shotgun is hilarious and it was great nailing those stupid observers in the eye with a big exploding cannonball.

On the flipside, I wanted to try the sandstorm assault rifle and boy does that thing suck. The carnifex does more damage and has better accuracy.

And gently caress crashing on wave six. Does this game make a crash log file somewhere cos it would be nice to see what is going wrong instead of just being dumped back to desktop.

Semi-auto rifles really have nothing to offer. I'm not sure what they're supposed to do that a sniper rifle can't do better. Headshots with non-sniper rifles shouldn't one-shot a mook on gold, but it should really be more rewarding.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I wish they just gave us the ability to make our own weapons and stuff like SP, but then I guess that'd be too much like DAI for some people. I just want my Valkyrie with unlimited ammo like in SP.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Just made it through a bunch of new posts and sorry if this has been brought up:

Strike team mission rewards.... Why is there no "claim all"? I went to claim these after they finally fixed the bug which prevented my story mode from continuing past a certain point. It is so slow and painful.

The multiplayer experience is what I imagine it would have been like if ME 1 had multiplayer.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BenRGamer posted:

Picked up a Kineticist and they're pretty neat. No idea how to not almost instantly lose ascension, though.

Pick up a Vanq, hunker in cover and play a sniper that explodes mooks in between clips.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

HAmbONE posted:

Strike team mission rewards.... Why is there no "claim all"? I went to claim these after they finally fixed the bug which prevented my story mode from continuing past a certain point. It is so slow and painful.
Same reason you can't tell which mods are fitted to which weapon in single player.

It's because the people who designed the UI are psychopaths. Or loving idiots. One of those.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Being a novaguard's as fun as ever but man did sync kills not need to come back.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I see a lot of comments about Vanquisher being the best gun right now. I just picked up both a Vanq and a Black Widow and it seems as an infiltrator I prefer the latter. Black Widow has 1 less shot in the clip, but more damage such that I can two-shot stuff that may need 3 shots from the Vanq on Silver difficulty.

Though both guns are at rank 1 for me, and Vanq being R rather than UR means it will be much easier to rank up.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Weissritter posted:

Though both guns are at rank 1 for me, and Vanq being R rather than UR means it will be much easier to rank up.

This is the thing. When I X ranked by Vanq, my BW was at... III, I think? And it's still only at V. At X vs. X there a case to be made for each, but the Vanq is just so, so much easier to max out that it won't be a contest for a good while.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I'd make my lightning-spewing Hurricane. Is the Reegar Carbine in MP at all? None of my friends have one and I've never seen a pubbie carry one either.

Skippy McPants posted:

This is the thing. When I X ranked by Vanq, my BW was at... III, I think? And it's still only at V. At X vs. X there a case to be made for each, but the Vanq is just so, so much easier to max out that it won't be a contest for a good while.

I was of the same opinion until last night, especially since I have a Vanq 2 and a Black Widow 2. But even on Gold, getting a headshot will kill a mook, and those that don't get killed with the second shot, no matter which weapon I use. The Vanq is just much more comfortable to handle, has less recoil and just feels smoother.

That said, I'd still probably use the Black Widow, because it looks and sounds better.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Zakmonster posted:

I'd make my lightning-spewing Hurricane. Is the Reegar Carbine in MP at all? None of my friends have one and I've never seen a pubbie carry one either.

Nope, you can see what guns are available in the weapon collection screen.

I wanted the Reegar, too, because one of my first class unlocks was the Krogan Merc with the Flamethrower, that was such a cool combo in ME3MP

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

tooterfish posted:

Same reason you can't tell which mods are fitted to which weapon in single player.

It's because the people who designed the UI are psychopaths. Or loving idiots. One of those.

In singleplayer:

Press spacebar two times on a strike team mission: Select your first team to send on that mission.
Press spacebar two times on a strike team mission that happens to be an apex mission: Instantly exit the game and load multiplayer with no confirmation.

Hmm yeah this seems sensible

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

Hmm yeah this seems sensible
Press ESCAPE to complete your point allocation. Now, press SPACE to confirm or ESCAPE to cancel. Unless we're talking about color customization in which case press SPACE to complete color selection then ESCAPE to confirm! Or pretty much every other dialog in this game where X, SPACE, and ESCAPE are assigned at random. Also click to see how much a skill costs and sometimes also buy the skill and press something X or SPACE or ESCAPE or something to not do it or do it I can't remember because who the gently caress coded UI on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that it seemed like buying two 50k packs seemed smarter than buying one 100k pack because the ultra-rares don't seem much better than the rares, and some of the rares are very good, plus you get ten cards instead of five (or something along those lines).

I realize that "what is the best pacfks to buy????? lmao" is the most common question in these threads but I was just curious if there is some new consensus recently, because I'm ~20 pages behind, and like to read the whole thread, but am playing right now.

p.s. this weekend boss mission was good and fun. I really hope it will be like ME3 MP where they continue adding and tweaking all the time (for instance making any gun except the Vanquisher good)

• Locked thread