Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Has anyone asked if Potter is in a wheelchair yet

Faffel fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Faffel posted:

He sure can pick em.

Gravy Fries
May 29, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

drat, HP that sounds rough. I've got a family member that's paranoid schizophrenic; fine when he's on meds, but after a while he either feels too zonked out or since he's felt fine for a while on them, he decides he doesn't need them anymore.

Seconding that you should call police or a hospital/psychiatric service. It might sound harsh, but drat this gal sounds like a 5150 would do everyone a world of good.

Is your family member my family member? My BIL is also paranoid schizophrenic, and he's currently off his meds because he "feels fine." We're all waiting for him to hit crisis because there's literally nothing we can do, and yesterday he fished a bunch of empty water bottles out of my recycling so he can build a "flotation device, or maybe a kite or all terrain vehicle" so we know it's soon.

At least he's hoarding water bottles and not cum this time.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Faffel posted:

O SHIIIIIIIIIIIII- :aaaaa:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Thinking the medicine works like a cure and they don't need to take it anymore seems to be a trend in schizophrenia specifically

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Post a picture of the rest of this crazy lady op

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Thinking the medicine works like a cure and they don't need to take it anymore seems to be a trend in schizophrenia specifically

Most people take medicine to feel better. Not taking the medicine usually makes them feel bad. Most people keep taking their medicine because they csn feel it working and if they stop they feel sick again

Psych meds often work the other way around, where taking the meds makes you feel bad and not taking them has no immediate discomfort associated with it. And when you get sick again it often messes with your insight so you don't realize you're sick

This is super common for psychiatric conditions and it really sucks to watch. And sadly, the lawa say you can't just force people to take medication unless they're a threat. Thanks weird 70s hippies

Gravy Fries
May 29, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Most people take medicine to feel better. Not taking the medicine usually makes them feel bad. Most people keep taking their medicine because they csn feel it working and if they stop they feel sick again

Psych meds often work the other way around, where taking the meds makes you feel bad and not taking them has no immediate discomfort associated with it. And when you get sick again it often messes with your insight so you don't realize you're sick

This is super common for psychiatric conditions and it really sucks to watch. And sadly, the lawa say you can't just force people to take medication unless they're a threat. Thanks weird 70s hippies

This is true, but they also have a whole host of physical side effects that make people feel physically terrible, and compared to that the psych stuff often doesn't feel as bad.

In my BIL's case, he's nauseated pretty much 24/7 while medicated, but it also focuses him and forces him to realize his problems, so ditching the meds means he doesn't want to barf all the time and he can be blissfully ignorant of the fact that he's ill until the voices in his head stop being fun buds of fancy (water bottle flotation device) and start telling him to turn himself in to the cops because if he doesn't, he might hurt someone.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

until the day we can identify and eliminate the specific imbalances of brain chemistry and abnormal brain structure that causes the symptoms, all you can do is put a band aid on the problem and hope their next episode doesn't get anyone seriously harmed.

this is true of bipolar, BPD (although that has more to do with behavioral therapy) and a host of other mental issues.

course, the day medicine figures that out, we are going to have a hell of an time trying to figure out what a normal brain looks like. also mind control is a bad thing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gravy Fries posted:

This is true, but they also have a whole host of physical side effects that make people feel physically terrible, and compared to that the psych stuff often doesn't feel as bad.

In my BIL's case, he's nauseated pretty much 24/7 while medicated, but it also focuses him and forces him to realize his problems, so ditching the meds means he doesn't want to barf all the time and he can be blissfully ignorant of the fact that he's ill until the voices in his head stop being fun buds of fancy (water bottle flotation device) and start telling him to turn himself in to the cops because if he doesn't, he might hurt someone.

Yeah, psychotropics, mood stabilizers, and antidepressants can have lovely side effects. I've been on and off them for years, with bad side effects w/out any/enough positive results. I've gone off meds at times because the side effects were so bad (and a time when a doctor prescribed me two meds in combination and I had a near-fatal reaction). I just get withdrawn and apathetic and hopeless when I get into one of those ruts.

I think another issue is that prescribing doctors don't have the time/take the time to discuss possible problems or side effects, plus people react to different meds/doses in different ways. I've had to give up on meds before that otherwise benefited me because of crazy poo poo like, hyperhydrosis, getting faint and collapsing if I stood up too fast, and uncontrollable hand tremors.

Last med I was put on was Latuda. Doctor told me it was perfectly safe, I looked through everything about side effects online and nothing really popped out as concerning. Turns out after only two and a half months it spiked my cholesterol to dangerously high levels. They advertise it on TV now, and when they do the 'possible side effects include' it now says that in 'rare occasions' it can gently caress up blood lipid levels. Hooray.

I mean, I get why people will and do go off psych meds; I've given up plenty of times, but how someone gets once any beneficial effect is out of their system is a gamble.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i cant belive ur housemate puts up w/ this poo poo tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

flerp posted:

i cant belive ur housemate puts up w/ this poo poo tbh

he fucks her when she turns up to do some crazy poo poo and suggests ideas

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Get a restraining order and a German shepherd and a katana

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
I really think she's going to keep escalating the crazy, if you don't escalate the involvement of the authorities then the only way this goes is bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its cool how she leaves a bunch of dead animals on your drive and the policed are all lol she's harmless

Deloused
Apr 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

its cool how she leaves a bunch of dead animals on your drive and the policed are all lol she's harmless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPmLa_wtaXU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jose posted:

Is that a burden of proof type thing? HP clearly knows it's his ex, but Maybe the police can't (or won't?) go by word alone.

I have a friend whose ex would come by in the dead of night before garbage pickup and go through her trash bags, and some mornings there would be chalk messages written on the pavement by her car. She contacted police about it, but a real whole lotta nothing got done.

But given HP has not only photo evidence of roadkill and dolls and a horror show of texts/voicemails/etc, I'd hope that will amount to something.

Hang in there, Harakiri Potter!

Deloused
Apr 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Gun threat at the court house over some idiot is more plausible than a wiki-kathy rage story .

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Deloused posted:

Gun threat at the court house over some idiot is more plausible than a wiki-kathy rage story .

yeah ok dare :rolleyes:

Deloused
Apr 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

yeah ok dare :rolleyes:

OKAY JOSE U WANT 2 PLAY???

rouge a$$

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
a rouge rear end sounds pretty

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

a rouge rear end sounds pretty

Just don't google it unless you like sonic fanart.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Was that DARE?

wow. hey dare, when you get another account make sure you buy plat, pm me, i found someone perfect for you

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I'm not sure what I expected when I clicked on this but :five:. Stay safe HP.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Harakiri Potter posted:

Was that DARE?

wow. hey dare, when you get another account make sure you buy plat, pm me, i found someone perfect for you

Goon match making success story!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
They'd be so cute together :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm not sure the forums could handle them both at once

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Harakiri Potter posted:

Was that DARE?

GLITBL.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gravy Fries posted:

Is your family member my family member? My BIL is also paranoid schizophrenic, and he's currently off his meds because he "feels fine." We're all waiting for him to hit crisis because there's literally nothing we can do, and yesterday he fished a bunch of empty water bottles out of my recycling so he can build a "flotation device, or maybe a kite or all terrain vehicle" so we know it's soon.

That's rough, dude. I honestly don't know where my uncle is these days. Last saw him almost six years ago. He falls off the grid a lot, but I was terrified of him when I was around 12. He'd call the house constantly, usually around the time I was home from school but my parents weren't home from work, would ramble all this crazy poo poo while constantly pausing and repeating my name in a very particular way. I started unplugging the phone until my parents came home.

We once received a card containing a ziploc baggies of loose AAA batteries, a crumpled five dollar bill, and the message 'You'll know what to do'.

Hope things work out in your BIL's/family's case. And oh God, I hope your last sentence was facetious...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

LadyPictureShow posted:

We once received a card containing a ziploc baggies of loose AAA batteries, a crumpled five dollar bill, and the message 'You'll know what to do'

That's amazing.

Sorry to hear about the rest of that though

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Well, did you? Did you know what to do?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

LadyPictureShow posted:

We once received a card containing a ziploc baggies of loose AAA batteries, a crumpled five dollar bill, and the message 'You'll know what to do'.

Don't tell anybody what to do. We were chosen by God to slay the demons.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

whoflungpoop posted:

They'd be so cute together :allears:

they can press their butts together and blast that stinky greedo back and forth while windmilling dead woodchucks and screaming about Tribes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ lol

God drat schizophrenia is terrible and sad. :smith:

I'll stick with my bipolar, christ. :) :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

they can press their butts together and blast that stinky greedo back and forth while windmilling dead woodchucks and screaming about Tribes

I wasn't for this coupling until now. Maybe we can convince Lowtax to open a subforum just for the two of them to post in? No one else can post there, but everyone can view it. HP can mod it. It really is an elegant solution to a problem that doesn't exist yet.

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

LadyPictureShow posted:

would ramble all this crazy poo poo while constantly pausing and repeating my name in a very particular way.
lemme tell you about AAA batteries and the federal government, Morty

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pennywise the Frown posted:

God drat schizophrenia is terrible and sad. :smith:

I dunno, bub. If anything, this thread seems to prove it's actually funny as hell.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Will everyone shut the gently caress up about the Dr. Pepper thing. You guys are ruining an interesting thing and you've gone into creepy mode and you're going to get the thread shut down. I'm content with sarlacc greedo, as well as the dead animals and dogs to determine she's lost it.

This is seriously hosed up dude and I'm concerned. Can't the police enforce a restraining order? Can't you call someone to say she's harassing you and is, like.... well it sounds like she needs some serious loving help. As entertaining and funny as it is, it's also pretty sad and scary.

Please, for the love of god..... do NOT put the lotion in the basket.

edit:

I think he needs a team of men-at-arms.

I didnt really care to see it but since reading this DR PEPPER PLEASE

Are you happy? This is your fault.

greedo was 5/5 though (and necessary because it was greedo in an rear end in a top hat)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gravy Fries posted:

What do you think is going in the bottles

:cumpolice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if anyone wants to mail me some batteries in a ziploc slam that pm button.

• Locked thread