Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Sorry I asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
At least Reggie rose is okay

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Strawberry Panda posted:

He took pictures with the jury after he got off.

hopefully he cleaned up first

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Derrick Rose's lovely knees saved Phil Jackson for throwing him a max just because, and we all know that would have happened

Hell, it still might

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carlosologist posted:

Derrick Rose's lovely knees saved Phil Jackson for throwing him a max just because, and we all know that would have happened

Hell, it still might

It didn't stop him from giving Noah's contract, if anything it might increase the chance

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

How is there anything left in his knees to break? This sucks we might start winning games if Melo and Rose stay out

I'm coming around on Vujacic tho, apparently amazing lockerroom dude, plays the right way and is no threat to ever win games, perfect tanking guy

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Destiny averted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOv5UhGSZxE

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought Rose also took pictures with the judge too

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

the only shocking thing about this is that rose still has a meniscus to tear

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is derrick rose back

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

is derrick rose back

in the hospital, yes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

in the hospital, yes.

hospital accountant streaking through the halls screaming ROSE IS BACK as surgeons shove eachother out of the way to try to get the case

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

dokmo posted:

Whatever happened with that rape thing with Rose? I can't remember if I'm supposed to hate him or feel sorry for him.

Well, they men, so you can assume.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

chunkles posted:

the only shocking thing about this is that rose still has a meniscus to tear
lmao

Is Rose going to be the first MVP to not get in the hall of fame?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

He could easily make the Hall of Fame when he returns from his injuries to MVP form.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

He will eventually make it in, just not within the first few tries. The rape case damages his chances much more than his actual post-injury career at this point.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
This was very very funny to me when it happened:
https://streamable.com/fatvh
Al Horford thinks he's grabbed a strong rebound after getting dunked on

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I imagine the body immediately forgets the memory of being dunked on as a psychological defense mechanism

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Rose should sneak onto a contender next season and be their 6th man. They'd absolutely let him in if he had a 6th man of the year, MVP, title, two world cup golds (of the US's 5 all time), and ROTY.

I feel like every time the hall of fame comes up here, posters hold players to a stricter requirements than the actual voters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rose doing a smart thing for his career is unlikely since BJ Armstrong is still his agent.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
man that blazers curse is something else

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/848697437611053056

Wade is hyped to come back and ruin the spacing and faster style of play.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Rose should sneak onto a contender next season and be their 6th man. They'd absolutely let him in if he had a 6th man of the year, MVP, title, two world cup golds (of the US's 5 all time), and ROTY.

I feel like every time the hall of fame comes up here, posters hold players to a stricter requirements than the actual voters.

which championship contender needs a really really really bad player to run their bench unit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

derrick rose: why can't i be the twelfth guy on the warriors

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

would derrick rose be the worst 12th player on the warriors roster of these past few years? going by MP per game its been javale mcgee, ian clark and festus ezili

i think he would actually make the warriors worse by being on their roster. hes way worse than 2 capable backup bigs is he worse than ian clark it feels like a push at best

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ghost Dog posted:

which championship contender needs a really really really bad player to run their bench unit

Golden state after iggy leaves.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think youre all underestimating d rose, who can ruin way more than just the bench from the bench

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Cavs always have room for broken players that have a high probability of dying

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I honestly understand hating Rose for a variety of reasons, but the reaction to his basketball game is always overblown.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

Rose would be a better player with a good coach. He isn't as bad as you think. He won't be the MVP again sure but he could end up in a better situation than playing for the Knicks.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 3, 2017

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/848723688589369344

Well he finally got that coaching job somewhere

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ewing planning on traveling to dc by repeatedly doing his go-to post-up move

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

creamcorn posted:

Yeah, that was one of the best insane Seth rants.

I'm glad we have solid proof

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Rose would probably look pretty good running pick and roll with Javale and all the shooters GSW has. Kerr has this weird aversion to running pnr repeatedly though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spite posted:

Rose would probably look pretty good running pick and roll with Javale and all the shooters GSW has. Kerr has this weird aversion to running pnr repeatedly though.

Javale ain't on the team next year unless the other 29 teams all pass on him.

2, oh my god, I would turn off the game everytime the bench comes in. McGee is horrific at defense already, now you have Rose defending the 1st drive? Disaster.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So who the heck is Tyler Ulis and was Morey trying to trade for him but accidentally got Ennis instead?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

chunkles posted:

So who the heck is Tyler Ulis and was Morey trying to trade for him but accidentally got Ennis instead?

hes a very tiny man who was the kentucky point guard. i think he's like 5'7 or something, and he also has an extremely tiny frame.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

hes a very tiny man who was the kentucky point guard. i think he's like 5'7 or something, and he also has an extremely tiny frame.

Morey saw Isaiah Thomas and realized tiny point guards are the new market inefficiency.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Morey saw Isaiah Thomas and realized tiny point guards are the new market inefficiency.

It is 2030. After the rise of small ball came the rise of smaller ball. The current average height of a center is 6'8, point guards 5'9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Why do people keep saying Derrick Rose did useful and productive things this year and showed some kinda recovery? I watched a lot of Knicks games and I did not really see this? He is still absolutely terrible at most everything and it still shows up in his negative BPM/RAPM. He finishes some weird shots around the rim but he's not usually a ready passer, when he does pass his passes are off-target and he commits dumb turnovers because he's got a special brain disease that leaves him unable to pass without jumping.

Noah made him a much better player by getting into tip-in position after every one of his dumb shots, but he couldn't really jump enough to do it at an all-star level anymore, which is about what's needed to make Rose functional teammate.

• Locked thread