Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
In multiplayer lobby, if you are hovering over the options on the right, press V to bring up the squad loadout screen. If you are hovering over a player instead, press V to vote to kick them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Almost every menu option on the multiplayer hub has its sub-options in a different place. Quick search and custom match lead to a stacked list of options on the opposite side of the screen, character selection leads to a table on the opposite side of the screen, character customization leads to four tiny nondescript icons on the top of the screen, and only prestige takes you to a list of sub-options that's actually in the same place as its parent menu.

None of the screens on "character customization" actually show you how much health and shields your character has. For that you have to go to the character selection screen and find your character in the list for some reason.

The "collections" menu is just a list of the stuff you own without any interaction features, except that the tab farthest to the right is how you change your nameplate.

You can name your guns in singleplayer but not multiplayer.

You can name your characters using the mobile app, but not in the game.

You can name your strike teams using the mobile app, but not in the game.

You cannot see how many respecs you own.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, so much about the UI is trash. If I wasn't more comfortable using the mouse to click things instead of using hotkeys in menus, I'd be a lot more pissed off with this game.

BenRGamer posted:

Nope, you can see what guns are available in the weapon collection screen.

I wanted the Reegar, too, because one of my first class unlocks was the Krogan Merc with the Flamethrower, that was such a cool combo in ME3MP

What the poo poo. How'd they give us the loving Halberd but not let us use the Reegar?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother keeps dropping wave 2 of multiplayer. When he joins a game in progress he drops the start of the next wave. Anyone know what's up with that?

e: Also I've gotten a widow and a carnifex already, hell yeah

e: Also the load times are awful

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure they hosed up the apex mission effect that gives you no ammo boxes but +800% ammo and grenades. My grenades went from 5 to 13, which is +8, not x8.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh hey i'll just give this game another go, surely i'm exaggerating how bad it is

first game

wave 6 crash to xbone desktop

......................this is just hosed honestly

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Digirat posted:

I'm pretty sure they hosed up the apex mission effect that gives you no ammo boxes but +800% ammo and grenades. My grenades went from 5 to 13, which is +8, not x8.

I assume this is because the bonus is additive, so it's 1+4+8

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

oh hey i'll just give this game another go, surely i'm exaggerating how bad it is

first game

wave 6 crash to xbone desktop

......................this is just hosed honestly

Yeah it's actually pretty terrible.

The SP is trash but it's trash that reminds me more of ME1 trash than ME3 trash so I'm surprisingly fine with my daring purchase of this crap but then again I'm probably only halfway through so everything could fall apart.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Right now I have a glitch where if I try to search for a game in the Strike Team special missions I get DCed from the server. Which I was upset about but then I realized it's fine since I don't really like playing those anyways. So I tried send a Strike Team to do it instead and it DCed me.

I wish mission funds were not tied to Strike Teams right now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah it's actually pretty terrible.

The SP is trash but it's trash that reminds me more of ME1 trash than ME3 trash so I'm surprisingly fine with my daring purchase of this crap but then again I'm probably only halfway through so everything could fall apart.

I managed to play a round to completion, and it's honestly not a bad game. Which is a shame coming from the dizzying heights of ME3's multi.

But I'm becoming convinced that the Charger is one of the few weapons that was actually balanced properly. I have a scope on mine, and it's actually fairly accurate, tags enemies with ammo easily, and generally complements a Vanguard's skillset extremely well. Just hold the trigger down constantly for extra damage and explosions.

I mean sure, it still takes a whole clip to drop most enemies, but I think you'll find the Tempest was the same.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Speaking of the halberd:

my post on reddit posted:

I have both the Halberd and Mattock at X, and the halberd is categorically worse.
Mattock 124 dmg, 450 RoF, 26 clip size, 273 ammo
Halberd 128 dmg, 300 RoF, 20 clip size, 205 ammo
Same accuracy/weight. WTF are the devs smoking?

Something's seriously hosed with the balance.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That extra 4 damage is probably worth it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

HAmbONE posted:

Just made it through a bunch of new posts and sorry if this has been brought up:

Strike team mission rewards.... Why is there no "claim all"? I went to claim these after they finally fixed the bug which prevented my story mode from continuing past a certain point. It is so slow and painful.

The multiplayer experience is what I imagine it would have been like if ME 1 had multiplayer.

It's more meaningful to open those 20 credit boxes one at a time, I mean what next do you want the game to tell you how many you opened when you open it?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I need to double check, but I think an isharay is objectively better than a widow at the same rank. They really didn't even try.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How good is that biotic amp in the store?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Digirat posted:

I need to double check, but I think an isharay is objectively better than a widow at the same rank. They really didn't even try.

There's the Avenger/Cyclone as well. The cyclone does less damage, with worse accuracy but a higher ROF and clip size. And it weighs a ton more and has less max ammo despite the larger clips.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

anime tupac posted:

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that it seemed like buying two 50k packs seemed smarter than buying one 100k pack because the ultra-rares don't seem much better than the rares, and some of the rares are very good, plus you get ten cards instead of five (or something along those lines).

I realize that "what is the best pacfks to buy????? lmao" is the most common question in these threads but I was just curious if there is some new consensus recently, because I'm ~20 pages behind, and like to read the whole thread, but am playing right now.

After commons and maybe uncommons, it probably just depends on what you are looking for. Every weapon I wanted at the time was rare or ultra rare so I was buying nothing but 100k packs. Someone I was watching streaming made a good point, that ultra rares are never going to be guaranteed in a pack. So might be better to buy the pack with the greater chance at ultra rares to maybe avoid a situation where maybe you max out rares buying the 50k packs and you increase the amount of credits needed to start getting the ultra rares.

But yea, buying the 100k packs mean less consumables... However if consumables are an issue I would assume it would be better to just buy the supply packs.

Or maybe not? I don't know.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 3, 2017

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Digirat posted:

I think the only difference between them is the widow has a "magazine" where the isharay is a single shot? The isharay definitely does more damage per shot. Where you can actually believe the numbers on the stat screen is another thing entirely.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

How good is that biotic amp in the store?

It's +15% biotic skill damage, so not very good.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Dilb posted:

It's +15% biotic skill damage, so not very good.

Well, I have 265 mission funds so I'm just gonna get it anyway and maybe it'll be buffed eventually.

comatose posted:

I think the only difference between them is the widow has a "magazine" where the isharay is a single shot? The isharay definitely does more damage per shot. Where you can actually believe the numbers on the stat screen is another thing entirely.

Thanks to the magic of turbocharge with the Isharay, one can fire, turbo, fire twice more, reload, fire twice for 5 2k dmg shots in ~6 seconds. Of course, one can fire roughly 14 times with the vanquisher in ~8 seconds for ~17k dmg... 5 rounds + 9 turbocharged.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ambaire posted:

Thanks to the magic of turbocharge with the Isharay, one can fire, turbo, fire twice more, reload, fire twice for 5 2k dmg shots in ~6 seconds. Of course, one can fire roughly 14 times with the vanquisher in ~8 seconds for ~17k dmg... 5 rounds + 9 turbocharged.

:catstare:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

I once soloed an entire bronze match vs remnant using the revenant without reloading once. Turbocharge boosts the revenant's magazine to 170+ rounds and I can do it every ~16 seconds for ~260 rounds (26k dmg) before needing to reload. Works almost as good in silver. Now if only it was gold viable... Just needs an accuracy buff and it would be.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Both the Isharay and the Widow are single-shot bolt-action rifles. The Isharay is rare to the Widow's uncommon, so it being better makes sense.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Zakmonster posted:

Both the Isharay and the Widow are single-shot bolt-action rifles. The Isharay is rare to the Widow's uncommon, so it being better makes sense.

Going from memory here, when I had both the widow and isharay at rank 1 the only green stat in the comparison window was for damage and even that was maybe like 50-70 higher.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So I just found the list of future equipment in the Apex app. There's a tech boost item, a biotic boost item, a pistol and sniper rifle boost item , and a Assault Rifle and Pistol boost item. However there's no shotgun boost item so I guess shotguns are just lovely forever.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Zakmonster posted:

The Isharay is loving quiet, though. Sounds more like a suppressed .22 than a fuckoff high damage gun.

Quick stat dump for my turbocharge / munitions training soldier build:

And some weapon stats, wep dmg + mag size / extra rounds, Vanquisher, Isharay, Widow, Revenant:

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 3, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

for comparison revenant 1 is

edit oh get hosed, your lovely app doesn't even list the stats in the same order???

corrected:
damage 62
ROF 620
clip size 60
accuracy 40
weight 40
max ammo 360

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Piell posted:

So I just found the list of future equipment in the Apex app. There's a tech boost item, a biotic boost item, a pistol and sniper rifle boost item , and a Assault Rifle and Pistol boost item. However there's no shotgun boost item so I guess shotguns are just lovely forever.

It's a shotgun and sniper rifle boost item. Not pistols and SR.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It makes sense for a Rare to be strictly better than an Uncommon at the same rank. It's madness for the Halberd, whose description is literally "a modified Mattock", to be strictly worse than the Mattock at the same rank.

I hope multiplayer balance is addressed on Tuesday. I'm having fun but man I have no use for any gun that isn't the Talon or the Vanquisher.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Zakmonster posted:

It's a shotgun and sniper rifle boost item. Not pistols and SR.

It definitely says it "increases sniper rifle and Pistol damage by amplifying the weapon's mass accelerator". However, the picture is of a sniper rifle and shotgun so it looks like just another fuckup

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

vanquisher 1 is against X is

D= 675 1.67x 1126
ROF= 90 1x 90
CLIP= 4 1.25x 5
ACC= 65 1.55x 101
W= 45 0.51x 23
AMMO= 32 2.25x 72

revenant 1 against x is

damage 62 1.66x 103
ROF 620 1x 620
clip size 60 1.63x 98
accuracy 40 1.95x 79
weight 40 0.5x 20
max ammo 360 1.5x 540

i mean that's only a sample size of two, but gently caress that's a huge gap between the base and the top. wasn't the difference in me3 something like 20%?

and it's not consistent at all either in regards to the ratios

weird

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like you really have to go or of your way to make up these gun values. It's more plausible that they just used a random number generator than thought any of it through.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

precision posted:

It makes sense for a Rare to be strictly better than an Uncommon at the same rank. It's madness for the Halberd, whose description is literally "a modified Mattock", to be strictly worse than the Mattock at the same rank.

I hope multiplayer balance is addressed on Tuesday. I'm having fun but man I have no use for any gun that isn't the Talon or the Vanquisher.

I enjoy the Sidewinder, the Eagle, the Raptor and the PAW. The Revenant is also pretty good on the soldiers, but almost any weapon is good on the soldiers.

I also like the Dhan, but when it takes 3 headshots to kill something, it really makes me miss the Claymore.

RIP old friend.

Two Finger posted:

D= 675 1.67x 1126
ROF= 90 1x 90
CLIP= 4 1.25x 5
ACC= 65 1.55x 101
W= 45 0.51x 23
AMMO= 32 2.25x 72

revenant 1 against x is

damage 62 1.66x 103
ROF 620 1x 620
clip size 60 1.63x 98
accuracy 40 1.95x 79
weight 40 0.5x 20
max ammo 360 1.5x 540

i mean that's only a sample size of two, but gently caress that's a huge gap between the base and the top. wasn't the difference in me3 something like 20%?

and it's not consistent at all either in regards to the ratios

weird

Yeah, these numbers are weird, but it does give more credit to their 'need to level up weapons' argument. Don't have any Rares at X yet, so we'll have to see how well some of this poo poo does on Gold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't have a PAW yet but yeah I forgot about the Eagle, it's pretty good, especially on Engineers with some kind of ammo for maximum explosions.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Umm, how do I bring up my weapon wheel on PC so I can activate my ammo consumables?

Whoa, wrong ME:A thread open, I meant for singleplayer, whoops!

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 3, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

ZombyDog posted:

Umm, how do I bring up my weapon wheel on PC so I can activate my ammo consumables?

Whoa, wrong ME:A thread open, I meant for singleplayer, whoops!

It's tab I think

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Two Finger posted:

revenant 1 against x is
You did read all of my post, correct?

Ambaire posted:

And some weapon stats, wep dmg + mag size / extra rounds, Vanquisher, Isharay, Widow, Revenant:

Those X statistics are with mods and class stats also factor into them. Here's the Vanquisher and Revenant on a lvl1 with no weapon skill modifiers:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ambaire posted:

You did read all of my post, correct?

Those X statistics are with mods and class stats also factor into them. Here's the Vanquisher and Revenant on a lvl1 with no weapon skill modifiers:

Lol clearly I missed that bit

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
It looks like, going from I to X, a weapon's stats are changed by: 120% dmg, 125% accuracy, 218.75% ammo, and 50% weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So is the Vanquisher just the best gun? Played a few matches and almost everyone was using it no matter the class. Gave it a try and while it is good, it wasn't crazy awesome or anything. But then I only ever play infiltrator.

• Locked thread