Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
I just wanna say that i did most of the EAST CHINA SEA questline and had baby pills out the wazoo;

but it was cool cause i was a male shaolin and finally got to live my dream of playing wushu as AVATAR AANG with my baller shaolin 5th set (only accessible through the east china sea questline) and sweet DRAGON AND TIGER FIST (cause how else are you gonna pve as a shao)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
Sword of Shadows is actually less p2w than original chinagame.

Which in some ways just makes it worse because playing on a mobile emulator is loving terrible. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD GAME

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

Jellybebe went on to buy intoxicate :ssh:

I thought that was a ruse.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
There's also some server that was recently released that is relatively inoculated from pay2win by virtue of not having any perks for purchasing silver and completely shutting down the in game cash shop, thereby removing the cash shop sets.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Saradiart posted:

There's also some server that was recently released that is relatively inoculated from pay2win by virtue of not having any perks for purchasing silver and completely shutting down the in game cash shop, thereby removing the cash shop sets.

In AoW or the lovely mobile game?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

In AoW or the lovely mobile game?

In actual AoW. I think the server is called White Tiger 2 or something.

PS, check out what you're all missing from lovely phone game:

(grithok irl)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saradiart posted:

I would play on this server if I wasn't in the middle of a shithole without regular internet right now. Just to relive that old pre-insanity cash shop AoW that we played during the beta.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Worst article ever but apparently you can register.
https://mmoculture.com/2017/04/age-of-wushu-2-pre-register-begins-in-china-for-upcoming-sandbox-mmo/

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 3, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

And it begins again

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Can someone who understands moonrunes write up a guide on how to do this?
http://9yin2.woniu.com

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
So far:

You click the big red box. The first question asks "Nine yin really by 2, you will be what the number of wandering rivers and lakes?", and the text in the box says "Green fruity fast name hanging (vertebral recommended family name)". This box is where I'm stuck, I think (no thanks to Chart rusing me by telling me the answer was "Yangtze" which I believed because who wouldn't believe it).

The second two boxes are for phone number and email.

[edit] Detective Progress Report:

First question starts to make sense after fiddling with it a bit. The first part seems to be just saying something about Wushu 2, but the second part says "You will be the name of the number of wandering rivers and lakes". Numbers through 20 don't seem to work, and I'm guessing in any case that they dont expect a random Chinese person to know the number of rivers and lakes in China.

[edit2] Jianghu translates as "rivers and lakes"

kznlol fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 4, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am glad to see someone else go through this

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

kznlol posted:

So far:

You click the big red box. The first question asks "Nine yin really by 2, you will be what the number of wandering rivers and lakes?", and the text in the box says "Green fruity fast name hanging (vertebral recommended family name)". This box is where I'm stuck, I think (no thanks to Chart rusing me by telling me the answer was "Yangtze" which I believed because who wouldn't believe it).

The second two boxes are for phone number and email.

[edit] Detective Progress Report:

First question starts to make sense after fiddling with it a bit. The first part seems to be just saying something about Wushu 2, but the second part says "You will be the name of the number of wandering rivers and lakes". Numbers through 20 don't seem to work, and I'm guessing in any case that they dont expect a random Chinese person to know the number of rivers and lakes in China.

[edit2] Jianghu translates as "rivers and lakes"
First box is just asking for your name, standard Chinese names recommended

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

my standard chinese english name is sex monkey

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Tarezax posted:

First box is just asking for your name, standard Chinese names recommended

Still getting an error:

I'm guessing the fake phone number I'm putting in is invalid or something.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh hi I'm having a flashback to that frozen pond outside of the starter area that had a bunch of "Korean Spy" NPCs that never really had any quest or purpose

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

kznlol posted:

Still getting an error:

I'm guessing the fake phone number I'm putting in is invalid or something.

It's actually the email. It might require a qq email?

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
welp I found 3 different QQ numbers in various places on my computer but no passwords

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Oh hi I'm having a flashback to that frozen pond outside of the starter area that had a bunch of "Korean Spy" NPCs that never really had any quest or purpose

Hahaha, I was talking about how useless those Korean spies in Jiming were earlier today with another Wushu expat.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Any e-mail will do, but it can't be fake. That message just asks for a valid e-mail.

After you submit those things, it suggests you use the scanner in QQ or Weixin to subscribe to their newsfeed.

edit:

if anyone needs a phone-number, i have a few extra china mobile sim cards laying around that i can use to coordinate the process, incase they require some sort of sms-confirmation

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
also there is a community qq-account that was used for goon Moonlight Blade accounts. Pm me if you need it

Third World Reggin posted:

my standard chinese english name is sex monkey

色狙?性感猴子? 小白猩猩? 猴子小姐?

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 4, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Almond Crunch posted:

also there is a community qq-account that was used for goon Moonlight Blade accounts. Pm me if you need it

色狙?性感猴子? 小白猩猩? 猴子小姐?

猴啪啪

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I still have my QQ number from moonlight blade. Oh boy.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
OK either it doesn't like gmail addresses, or it doesn't accept "." as a valid part of the address if it shows up prior to @. Had to use my school email.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I'm just going to wait for this poo poo to be in english, idk about you guys

only moonrunes I know are some 日本語 and that's enough for me

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

kznlol posted:

OK either it doesn't like gmail addresses, or it doesn't accept "." as a valid part of the address if it shows up prior to @. Had to use my school email.

Fun note for later, Google doesn't care about your "." so add.ress@gmail.com goes to the same place as address@gmail.com, or a.d.d.r.e.s.s@gmail.com. I used this for all my Wushu alts so now I get a dozen emails all at once when they send out notifications. :toot:

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

I'm just going to wait for this poo poo to be in english, idk about you guys

only moonrunes I know are some 日本語 and that's enough for me

I am similarly baffled that a group whose consensus on MB was that is was a good game but moonrunes are too hard is getting excited for a chinese release.

Tarezax posted:

猴啪啪

Monkey Sex moreso than Sex Monkey, but definitely more natural-sounding than the poo poo i posted

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 5, 2017

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Waiting to see some gameplay before I install new chinese antivirus.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I don't know why anyone would play Chinese beta. Just wait. It's not gonna be worth the hassle and you'll complain there aren't enough goons playing.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Because within all of us lies this deep-seated longing to return to the untamed wilderness of China, like a terrifying phantom pain. And a desire to waste as much money as possible.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It was fun mass puking on people in Luoyang though, you have to admit.

Beggars best school.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Heartcatch posted:

It was fun mass puking on people in Luoyang though, you have to admit.

Beggars best school.

*Carefully collects filthy goonsweat in bottles*

Not if WV has anything to say about it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mile'ionaha posted:

H-hello miles :swoon:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

I liked supporting base fights with AoE poison clouds that would stun anyone who tried to escape before they dissipated.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

AoW was amazing but it wouldn't have been if we all jumped into a Chinese beta for it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I know I'd rather wait for the english release, let the brave/crazy goons figure out the mechanics in beta.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Again, learning the 100 most frequently used chinese characters won't take more than two weeks, and is almost enough to play. Plus (so long as they weren't simplified), youll get a buy-one-get-one deal; kanji and hanzi largely have the same meanings.

If you're brave enough to do so, let me recommend the best and most convenient chinese dictionary for your phone: Pleco

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

kanji and hanzi largely have the same meanings.

yeah but doesn't really help you with japanese as a language

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
9:29 AM - Cookie: considering how quickly you need to react to fight i wouldnt recommend it anyway (haquernote: playing on .cn from anywhere but china)
9:30 AM - Cookie: i wouldnt touch the game with anything above 100ms
9:30 AM - Cookie: even thats too high
9:30 AM - Haquer™ :^]: oh so just like AoW then
9:30 AM - Haquer™ :^]: gently caress that
9:30 AM - Cookie: worse
9:30 AM - Haquer™ :^]: I don't miss ping2win
9:30 AM - Cookie: its twitchfighting you counter a lot of stuff actively
9:31 AM - Cookie: and if you dont adjust your combat style on the fly you generally lose

lol ping2win again, I'm good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I do miss the crazy poo poo we'd get up to, but not enough to play a Chinese beta.