Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Dwayne is actually worth more than the brand so they can't afford him anymore

That's why I said at 36. 36 is 2020, the Fast and Furious series ends in '19. If they're ever getting another chance to have him in a match, it's likely then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Ostentatious posted:

why are you blaming roman reigns for not being able to lift taker's old, sandbagging rear end

i mean in all actuality that botch was neither of their fault, undertaker couldn't even bend over let alone jump to give roman the leverage he needed, and roman was put in an awkward position in trying a spot that they had no business doing

if anyone gets the blame its the person who called that spot

the botch was fortunate in that it would of ended in clear disaster

however,

Cena could have got him up and conducted the spot safely.

e - and what the hell do you mean sandbagging, taker struggled his best to get momentum

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HHH's entrance was kinda sad. The big goofy trike, the long pause at the top, the wobbly line of cops, the slow tootle around the ring with a big scowl on, the sad revving at the end. Nice to see him tone it down a little as he begins his Centrum Silver years, but that had all the dramatic impact of a flip book.

Does Stephanie normally repeatedly overpower top draws with her mighty grip? At least the crowd was completely dead for the mach.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope Taker starts doing commentary on Tuesday and everyone just goes with it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

Brock/Goldberg was absolutely a classic. The storytelling and execution since Survivor Series has been outstanding. I hated the SS match at the time, loving love it in hindsight.

I'd agree if it wasn't leading to a loving year of part-time champ, Suplex City Bullshit culminating in Reigns/Lesnar II in New Orleans a year from now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, I'm gonna guess that Randy/Bray got gutted for time and give them a mulligan on that one. And that pretty much leaves me with only one problem and that being the main event sucking. Besides those two things, that Mania ranged from decent to extremely loving good with way more good than bad.

Just, please do something, anything different with Roman tomorrow. If he comes out and says "with all due respect" one more loving time, I will throw myself into loving traffic.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

however,

e - and what the hell do you mean sandbagging, taker struggled his best to get momentum

undertaker without hips or knees will never get the momentum needed to get that spot going in a million years, he wasn't trying to sandbag, it just ended up happening despite his best efforts and it was sad to watch

and yeah cena would have got him up, but bear in mind that cena is a freak of nature (brock could have done it as well, but he is also crazy strong)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02EwkGqyto

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

mkay0 posted:

Maybe it's just a job to Taker? You're extrapolating a great deal onto his real life personality. How much do we know about his actual passion to have good matches? Very little, honestly. Dude is easily the GOAT at keeping his real personality kayfabe.

He made at least five million bucks for under ten matches over the last five years. Why does someone have to be broke to want to do that? You'd be stupid not to.

You are absolutely right. I have no idea and am talking out of my rear end.

Just trying to make sense of that horrendous match. But hey, as you say he could have walked behind the curtain and yelled "it's partytime bitches!" And started drinking while laughing at .gifs of the match.

In fact, thank you. That's how I am going to imagine it now.

Art. Jesus I needed to stop drinking two hours before I did.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

oldpainless posted:

I hope Taker starts doing commentary on Tuesday and everyone just goes with it

Taker chokeslams JBL into that same offscreen abyss Mark Henry chucked that intern into that one time, dusts off and puts on cowboy hat, resumes from there and no one says anything about it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Taker: Ziggler needs to create some space and hit a big move hhhnnnngggnnhgg

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Taker: Ziggler needs to create some space and hit a big move hhhnnnngggnnhgg

This made me laugh and I love you a lot for this post, thank you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

however,

Cena doesn't have a history of hernias including months away due to severe ones.

God, remember when they had him trying to lift the big show immediately coming off of that? This is how the company treats people they LIKE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/848750454079193088

That.

That is....arguable, Mick.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Ostentatious posted:

undertaker without hips or knees will never get the momentum needed to get that spot going in a million years, he wasn't trying to sandbag, it just ended up happening despite his best efforts and it was sad to watch

and yeah cena would have got him up, but bear in mind that cena is a freak of nature (brock could have done it as well, but he is also crazy strong)

Sandbagging as a pro-wrestling term has a specific negative connotation, sandbagging implies an intentional sabotage

as in, Hardcore Holly tried to sandbag a rookie Brock Lesnar and got his neck broke about it

Taker didn't intentionally sandbag (sabotage that spot), it just was a bad idea

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't get the hype for the Hardy's in today's age and I lived through their years so I know they're good. Things will turn on them soon and I hope they stay on RAW.

This being said, I watched Mania until Cena-Miz and it sounds like a good choice though I missed Lesnar (YAY CHAMP GO GO GO STILL GREAT) and Smackdown Women's (who won? Alexa? Jack?)

Overall snowflakes...

Half 1: ****
Half 2: ** don't care from the sounds of it,

Verdict: My stomach and body hurt from the party feast for one...I'm going to sleep until work tomorrow. Even went out to my favorite bar.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena doesn't have a history of hernias including months away due to severe ones.

God, remember when they had him trying to lift the big show immediately coming off of that? This is how the company treats people they LIKE

I know, it's insane they planned that spot to begin with if they weren't 100% sure Roman was strong enough to handle it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Professor Funk posted:

Another thing about that GIF: just look at the complete absence of reaction from the crowd. That THAT spot (or the potential for it, at least) didn't pop the people in the front row is pretty nuts.

i mean i had no idea it was supposed to be a tombstone until you guys mentioned it, i wouldnt be surprised if most people thought roman was going for a powerbomb

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/848703218502836224

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

Sandbagging as a pro-wrestling term has a specific negative connotation, sandbagging implies an intentional sabotage

as in, Hardcore Holly tried to sandbag a rookie Brock Lesnar and got his neck broke about it

Taker didn't intentionally sandbag (sabotage that spot), it just was a bad idea

I guess what I am trying to say is it was a bad enough idea that it might as well have been intentional sabotage, just worded it poorly. I think we are both saying the same thing in the sense that the spot should have never been called in 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Also lol jeff jarrett

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

VJeff posted:

Whooooof. Roman. Buddy.

John Cena could've done it. Why couldn't this be Cena?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also Seth/HHH was good but underwhelming and Seth 100% should have sledgehammered Trips into Steph into the Pedigree rather than the superkick. It was good and the right man won but it didn't have the gently caress YOU finality it needed. Curb stomp also would have worked.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Seth/HHH was good but underwhelming and Seth 100% should have sledgehammered Trips into Steph into the Pedigree rather than the superkick. It was good and the right man won but it didn't have the gently caress YOU finality it needed. Curb stomp also would have worked.

I don't disagree, but, the Pedigree Duel and Steph going into a table was so cool and this one could've gone SO, SO, SO badly that I don't think I have it in me to nitpick it.

What a tool. Good job letting your three hugest stars run off to WWE immediately after you took over, jackass.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

remember the roman/sheamus feud where they continuously teased a powerbomb to sheamus that never actually happened

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I predict in the year of our lord 2017 to 2018 to next Wrestlemania Reign is going to be gone and they're going to ask Taker back for ONE MORE MATCH...against Finn Balor to retire him. Or Asuka. Asuka makes more sense and is more terrifying.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would really love to see the prenup Nikki had to sign before Cena agreed to propose. I bet it looks like War and Peace.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I don't disagree, but, the Pedigree Duel and Steph going into a table was so cool and this one could've gone SO, SO, SO badly that I don't think I have it in me to nitpick it.

Very true. The relief that I feel about Seth being presumably hunky-dory is prodigious. Hope he works light for another month or two. Let the returning Finn and/or Shinsuke if he comes up do the heavy face lifting in the meantime.

Cass had to hold his hands over his mouth during the Hardys entrance to conceal a gigantic grin. :3:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that fireworks show seriously killed me

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Who cares

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't really watch anymore but hey watching the Mains for free is a deal.

I like everything and didn't think it was that bad? Reigns wasn't even terrible. Yeah he's not the right choice for a Taker match at all and I'd rather it have been Cena but whatever. He's gotten way better. The hate feels kinda overboard at this point. If you really watch week to week at this point, in the year 2017, either accept him or go away. It seems dumb to keep this same thing going for years like it will ever change.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This was a badass shot

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The big fear here used to be that Cena would retire Taker, that the good feed would go to the Golden Goose yet again rather than build an up an comer to take Cena's place.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

time for me to scurry away from victory

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

put him in a movie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I miss the days where Roman would act completely oblivious to the booing and would raise his hands triumphantly and smile big and on the verge of tears as everyone booed him

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh man people are going to tune into raw after this I just know it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That DICK! posted:

I miss the days where Roman would act completely oblivious to the booing and would raise his hands triumphantly and smile big and on the verge of tears as everyone booed him
i wish he had raised his hand and cheered in a shot with the ROMAN IN A HOLOCAUST DENIER sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's make or break time for roman r

• Locked thread