Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

WMs are overloaded and bad so any one that has more than 4 matches,that don't feel like a waste of time means it's a fine time spend.

The ME sucked but i've been watching great Taker matches to make up for it. First two thirds were solid, last 3rd was snooze worthy. Good 4 hour show. Mediocre 7.5 hour show.

Wrestle kingdom was a 5 hour show and it was loving amazing. Even the lame stuff wasn't dreadful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am moderately enthusiastic for the possibility of seeing a dilapidated boat on Raw this evening.

Also perhaps a drone that features teleportation and/or holographic projection technology.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I want to know what the Bray match was supposed to be before they cut it short or whatever. Hell, I still want to know what their plan was with him absorbing Kane and Taker's powers. My interest level in him never gets to rise above "man I wonder where this was supposed to go before they chickened out."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shane performed more moves on Taker than Reigns

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I loving loved the projections in the ring for the Bray Orton match. I just wish that loving lead anywhere.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I bet Cena could still pull a good sendoff match out of Taker. Anytime he's shown up in the past couple years outside of Mania he's been fine. I feel like at this point it takes another veteran to really get how to handle him, and Roman is nowhere near that, while Cena is.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A cena/taker match is definitely a WM moment

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

a.lo posted:

A cena/taker match is definitely a WM moment

Not only would it be good it would call back to the feud that pretty much made Cena a star in the first place.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that'd probably best for all involved, have taker take a year off to heal the hip and have Cena retire him at 34. Then we can all pretend that match never happened

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I for one am glad the 'retired the Undertaker' rub did not go to old, established part timers like Brock Lesnar or John Cena but rather the upstart young lion Roman Reigns who just needs that third consecutive Wrestlemania main event to solidify himself as having 'made it'

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Bray Wyatt is tired of these mother fuckin snakes on this mother fuckin ramp. And also being a complete loser.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Bray Wyatt is tired of these mother fuckin snakes on this mother fuckin ramp. And also being a complete loser.

If Cena is Big match John

Bray is Small match Wyatt. He can't win it when it matters to save his life.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The thing that I took away from this mania is that it's amazing how much easier something is to watch when it's paced properly and entertaining. Okada/Omega was almost certainly longer than any match on this mania card, but it loving feels just the right length. There were several matches on the card tonight that dragged on for eternity while guys just lay there selling, trying to get reactions that never came. Meanwhile, other matches were obviously rushed and short on time that could've used it to be better.

Realistically speaking, the best thing they could do is make mania a shorter show. Everyone was completely burned out because it's just a loving endurance run. My friends and I were just bored for most of the "epic" matches. Next time I'm gonna just put on NJPW or PWG or something where the excitement comes from the action and there isn't bad loving commentary trying to tell the story that the loving wrestlers should be telling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman/Taker is really depressing and that's taking up a lot of my mental space right now but I'm starting to come back to Bray/Randy and just how bad that finish was for all that build-up.

Like, jesus, what was the point of Bray pinning Cena and AJ clean now? Is Bray just gonna go back to being the same chump he was again? If he comes out, after having lost everything and being at his lowest point, no belt, no family, no nothing, and cuts the same goddamn "I am a God" promo again on Tuesday then I don't know what the gently caress.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Probably been asked few times now, but how was mania? I saw that Reigns/Taker went last and rolled my eyes.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

VJeff posted:

Like, jesus, what was the point of Bray pinning Cena and AJ clean now? Is Bray just gonna go back to being the same chump he was again?

Of course he is why would you think otherwise.

My hope is he randomly attacks Mojo Rawley and then tell him how "they've all been lying to you man".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Probably been asked few times now, but how was mania? I saw that Reigns/Taker went last and rolled my eyes.

Honestly outside of Reigns/Taker and the end of Orton/Bray, it was pretty drat good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Too long. Most of the matches were perfectly fine if not particularly exciting, some rose to greatness (the ladder tag match, Brock vs Goldberg especially), some were ironically too short (the Raw women's title match), some were left too late and put in the wrong place (the Smackdown women's title match) and some were infuriating (the WWE Championship match). The problems with the show wouldn't have felt as bad (and conversely the good stuff in the show would have felt better) if it hadn't been so long, but as it is it was like 6 hours long.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wrestlemania is non-canon

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Did The Rock show up again to wank himself off in ring for 20+ minutes?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No!

If you skip the Women's matches and Bray/Orton you'll probably enjoy the show quite a bit. I watched those matches and still did, though! I didn't think Roman/Taker was that bad outside of an incredibly bad botch and a poorly booked finishing sequence, though some people think it was the worst match in history so ymmv.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bray/Orton Maggot Battle was good in a MST3K way.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It was short on talking segments in general, really. Kind of surprising.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I didn't like Pitbull singing songs with Lunchlady or whoever that was.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is the first time I've tuned in for a while and I am ready for New Day to die a death.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

I would really love to see the prenup Nikki had to sign before Cena agreed to propose. I bet it looks like War and Peace.

Originally in Russian?

"Greetings, Bellagirl. You not read contract properly, you now Rusev's second wife. Please report to collective farm tomorrow"

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
For another year, the best wrestlemania segment involved a multiple man ladder match.
If you trimmed the events by half, it would be a pretty good event.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Erebus posted:

It was short on talking segments in general, really. Kind of surprising.

I was seriously expecting something from Jericho after the end of his match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

call up aleister black

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hate to admit it, but in the past, I've doubted "The Big Dog" Roman Reigns. I didn't think he had a chance at Wrestlemania against "The Phenom" The Undertaker. Especially after hearing that Taker had made a deal with the devil himself, and was going into the match standing 7'8" and weighing in at 850 pounds. It seemed like I might have been right early on, and when that wily old Taker pulled out his sawed off shotgun and drat near blasted Roman's head off, I didn't see how he had a chance.

One tombstone later, and what was left of The Big Dog's skull was nearly disintegrated, one, two...KICK OUT??? SPEAR, SPEAR, SPEAR. By god...I learned my lesson. No matter what you might think of the man, you have to respect him. That's one tough SOB.

I thought it was a pretty bad show but that was probably mostly because it was so loving long. The cruiserweight match was really good, Lesnar/Goldberg was surprisingly great (excellent booking), and everything else was just kind of there. I can't say anything was offensively bad other than the battle royal which, whatever, but the women's matches and Orton/Wyatt were super rushed and not good at all, the main event was meh, McMahon/Styles was exactly what you'd expect, HHH/Rollins was worked well but you knew the outcome so it didn't have much suspense. Triple H wrestling once a year to put a guy over is better than burying people, but Rollins character is dead and the match had no heat. Just not a particularly memorable event, given that I've never really cared about the Undertaker that much.

Oh well, it was a lot better than last year.

edit: also the 'Roman is a holocaust denier' sign was good

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 3, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The home stretch was boring as hell but some dude was running around with a sign that said ROMAN IS A HOLOCAUST DENIER which owned

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave and Bryan say there's at least some doubt internally right now Mauro ever comes back on-air for the company

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave and Bryan say there's at least some doubt internally right now Mauro ever comes back on-air for the company

I hope JBL dies

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

I sure am happy that noted bully JBL gets to stay in a major position after harassing a man out of a job

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I think I underestimated how popular The Hardys are. Their return video is #1 on r/all unspoiled. A random dude at the gym brought it up and asked if I knew about their weird thing they had been doing before they came back. This will spike viewers for certain.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Roman Reigns is a holocaust denier and I don't know how to accept that.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

At this point in my life, Mania is more about pageantry and having friends over to eat food than it is about being a serious wrestling endeavor. For that reason, I enjoyed the show this year other than the main event. Big Dog aside, it actually felt like the booking was meant to satisfy fans and the babyfaces triumphed for the most part. Entrances were pretty good and almost everyone had a special outfit which is very important for my Mania enjoyment.

It was a bummer to see my favorite wrestler of all time do the most wrestling thing possible and hang on until he just couldn't go anymore, but I braced myself before the match for a disaster and we also had these gnarly tribute cookies to make it more tolerable:

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 3, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The undercard was cool. Lesnar/Goldberg was great. Holy loving poo poo what the hell was that Orton/Wyatt match. It's probably been discussed to death already but oh my god it was the stupidest loving thing ever.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

The undercard was cool. Lesnar/Goldberg was great. Holy loving poo poo what the hell was that Orton/Wyatt match. It's probably been discussed to death already but oh my god it was the stupidest loving thing ever.

Orton/Wyatt is Road Dogg's magnum opus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

thanks for giving the low down on the holocaust denial stuff fellas. i know what holocaust denial-ism is, but i didnt know roman believed in it

• Locked thread