Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm not happy with my model from this early in the season, basically. It's spitting out some ridiculous numbers, not just for positions, but for the scores and percentages, like 226% for Adelaide.

Oh, yeah that's a bit of an issue. EDDIEBETTS and Tex are good but they aren't that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

Oh, yeah that's a bit of an issue. EDDIEBETTS and Tex are good but they aren't that good.
Anyway I'm going to do a bit more work on that, I sort of tried to do a fix for the "what if a team loses their forwards" thing but it seems to have backfired. Basically trying to do two things, generate the graphs (which seems to be working out) but also generating plausible data for those graphs (Adelaide averaging 130-150% sounds reasonable. 200+ doesn't.)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Fox has an article about what a great sportsman Hogan is for pointing out his goal was touched, ignoring that he wasn't telling the umpires but instead yelling/demonstrating to his teammates so they'd get into position to defend the kick in because they all thought it was a goal and we're heading to the centre

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

The Deadly Hume posted:

Now, I've another weird new thing on the boil, although it's so new and weird that, well, for some reason it thinks Adelaide are 72% to finish first, which doesn't sound right.

Blue is first, Red is second, Green is 3rd/4th, Yellow is 5th-8th

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm not happy with my model from this early in the season, basically. It's spitting out some ridiculous numbers, not just for positions, but for the scores and percentages, like 226% for Adelaide.

:getin:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

man remember when there were two AFL teams in WA and QLD

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whoa, perfect week of tipping without even noticing. Thank Ablett for the 1 point win to the Cats.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

Whoa, perfect week of tipping without even noticing. Thank Ablett for the 1 point win to the Cats.

I claim a moral 9 because Essendon are cheats

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
"Haters gonna hate" - Dick Reynolds

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Chairchucker posted:

man remember when there were two AFL teams in WA and QLD

yes :smith:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I got 2 because I forgot to tip 😕

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lewis offered 3 cos of his bad record, Hogan offered 2. Both were graded as medium impact.

Scott Thompson offered 1.

Lewis OK carries baggage, was off the ball, Cripps stayed down.

Hogan was an idiot for smacking a guy in the face but Rowe bounced back up immediately as soon as he got the free. Medium impact feels a bit harsh there. If you want to punish players for a "don't hit other players in the face" rule then maybe it should be structured better to reflect that?

Scott Thompson getting 1 week is a farce.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
People defending Hogan for a clear punch to the jaw is loving baffling. Doesn't matter how quickly he got up you can see Rowe's head snap back noticeably

Jordan Lewis remains a scumbag. Big loving surprise.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Cripps has a fractured jaw

That goes with Birchall's jaw fracture and Dusty Martin has a broken cheekbone. That feels like a lot of facial injuries coming out of one round.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yup all fair suspensions.

Lewis is a bastard, always has been.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The stupidest bit of Lewis's hit was that his bad record would expire at round 5 if he wasn't such a moron.

Sam Rowe is a loving piss weak diving piece of poo poo.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
you can take the boy out of hawthorn...

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

drunkill posted:

Not a good bloke anymore? Surely that status lasts for a little while?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

you can take the boy out of hawthorn...

Stratton got a fine for striking EDDIEBETTS

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Get hosed fuckface

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Maybe it's just me but I think all of my favourite team's players are very nice and fair and all other players are bad and mean.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

tnimark posted:

Maybe it's just me but I think all of my favourite team's players are very nice and fair and all other players are bad and mean.

Rory Sloane and Tom Lynch assessed as not reportable, this checks out

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Nah all that one punch poo poo is for snowflakes having your jaw rocked and standing there stoically is the sign of a real man.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, nah.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

drunkill posted:

1 week for Scott Thompson is fair? What planet are you on?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Chairchucker posted:

Not a good bloke anymore? Surely that status lasts for a little while?

there will only ever be one good bloke

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
He was just trying to avoid him though

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol the demons are team full of thugs now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

With Cheapshot Lewis and Knees Mitchell gone, it was gonna take more than just Good Bloke Hodge for Hawthorn to retain the title, especially with a nice guy like Roughead in charge

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's better to have expendable veterans like Vince and Lewis to miss matches for thuggish idiocy than young guys like Viney or Oliver imo

It's a heavy cross for those older guys to bear but everyone has to play their roles in the side

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hodge will need a real good run up to get anyone this year. He's a bit slower now.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

realbez posted:

I got 2 because I forgot to tip 😕

i just missed out on a perfect round bc i had a bout of madness and thought freo might pull it off against port

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Divorced And Curious posted:

i just missed out on a perfect round bc i had a bout of madness and thought freo might pull it off against port
As I was bitching the other night

Anyway I've revised my dumb algorithms and gone back to last years version which has the benefit of yielding more plausible results. At this point the thing still says Adelaide are 66% to finish top but this time the sims average out at the more plausible percentage of about 142%.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Lol the demons are team full of thugs now

I wonder if they have Rod Grinter as the thug coach :v:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Turns out Rowe was concussed. Hogan should be suspended for it.

Carltons medical team should also be fined because they let him play on.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 3, 2017

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Turns out Rowe was concussed. Hogan should be suspended for it.

Carltons medical team should also be fined because they let him play on.

Delayed onset dipshit.

Keep digging.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

Delayed onset dipshit.

Keep digging.

That's definitely what I'd be claiming if I hosed up the concussion protocol for my players.

If it was delayed onset then you'd hope the tribunal watched footage of Rowe for the entire rest of the game before/after incident to ensure his head remained frosty the whole time. Brayshaw got concussion last year two minutes into a VFL game from a ball to the head.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 3, 2017

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Just keep on digging with loving moronic arguments.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

Just keep on digging with loving moronic arguments.

You can either say it's delayed, or you can reasonably say it's caused by a specific incident. Unless by delayed you mean "delayed until we eventually bothered to do our job"

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

You can either say it's delayed, or you can reasonably say it's caused by a specific incident. Unless by delayed you mean "delayed until we eventually bothered to do our job"

This bigfooty level bullshit, you're not a doctor, stop pretending you have any credentials to even pretend to have a medical opinion. Pull your loving head in already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

But how do we figure out what caused Rowe to get a concussion?

Oh I dunno, the guy that smacked him in the head might be the cause. Basically PCS can take anything from an hour to 6 hours for symptoms to show up

• Locked thread