Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Proper Amonkhet spoiler season starts today right?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

You mother fuckers complaining about your 50 dollar uncommons need to back the gently caress off of Imperial Recruiter's turf

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Veyrall posted:

Are we looking at the same sets of cards? Because legit the invocations are way worse than these.

:barf: I'm glad they went with the invocations inserts the way they did since it would've looked like the lovely BFZ inserts otherwise.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

FoW, imperial recruiter, and Bauble are from different eras though. I mean coldsnap is coldsnap, however...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
how long until you open your trade binder and you have to go "nuh uh those are totally real magic cards" when the person asks about the invocation

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 3, 2017

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

They're real, and they're... abominable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hazoret is cool as gently caress. Great design. No idea if it's good or not.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Really like that design on Hazoret.

5/4 indestructible haste seems pretty nutty.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hazoret feels like a bad card that MIGHT have a spot in RDW sideboards, as a gotcha if the opponent looks to be stabilizing.

Other than that, I get a "trash red mythic" vibe out of her. It's a neat design, but a deck looking for a discard outlet is probably more interested in something cheaper.

Interesting to see speculation about the rest of the gods though. Blue one... Flying, discard to draw maybe? :effort:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How can anyone look at this and not read Hazoret the Pervert?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
"auras and 4 mana do-nothing enchantments" sounds like the worst draft archetype ever

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

odiv posted:

Well I'm sure not anymore :stare:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

odiv posted:

I'm really excited to play with Hazoret the Pervert. :pervert:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hazoret seems tricky to judge. I don't think she's very good, but I'm not sure and that could depend on the context of other cards.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I guess the aftermath naming convention is X to Y rather than X and Y

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
That white aura might not be terrible for bogles when it has to go up against the veil, but then again the power level isn't very high.. The god seems like a card that is either going to be great or unplayable. The deck building cost is just so high.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

little munchkin posted:

"auras and 4 mana do-nothing enchantments" sounds like the worst draft archetype ever

To be fair, Sift is a totally reasonable 4 mana card

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

little munchkin posted:

I mean, the Cartouche does get you a guy, so it's better than a generic aura is, and the trials are basically sorceries that you can get back sometimes. It depends on what the other cards look like, obvious, but I think you can get some nice value going.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oddly enough, they snuck a new preview card into the image gallery.

"In Oketra's Name.
1W - Instant, Common.

Zombies you control get +2/+1 until end of turn. Other creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

Hazoret seems tricky to judge. I don't think she's very good, but I'm not sure and that could depend on the context of other cards.

I think Grasp is going to be around too much for the next six months. Great design though.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Even if they cannot attack or block, Gods can crew vehicles!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

God dammit they're not [whatever] Gods. I guess we knew that the type line wasn't big enough, but I was really hoping to cast a Cat God this set. :(

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Most (all but 1?) Cycling cards have been cycling 2 so far, right?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Boxman posted:

God dammit they're not [whatever] Gods. I guess we knew that the type line wasn't big enough, but I was really hoping to cast a Cat God this set. :(

Just another reason the invocations suck. (Some degree of sarcasm present)

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

#fitspo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Niche combat tricks with cycling seem like pretty solid filler cards. You're not going to want very many, but "replaces itself" is a pretty decent floor for something with solid blowout potential.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

odiv posted:

Please don't make light of my invitational card, thanks.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
These cards suck

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I really like the expression in this one. Poor doggo's all :ohdear:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

These cards suck

Nest of Scarabs is the most exciting of these for me, I think

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Siivola posted:

I really like the expression in this one. Poor doggo's all :ohdear:

That flavour text is not helping the pervert angle for Hazoret

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

This is going to be a very good limited card.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-hVm9_O6BI

I hope this was as cheap as it looks.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
One thing to remember is that all these cards were probably done and finalized before there was so many complaints about Standard sucking for the last couple months so because there are probably no answers that's the reason why.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

80s James Hetfield posted:

One thing to remember is that all these cards were probably done and finalized before there was so many complaints about Standard sucking for the last couple months so because there are probably no answers that's the reason why.

We know that this will be yet another graveyard set with no way of interacting with your opponent's graveyard because Maro already doubled down on how that's good design and definitely doesn't make standard a garbage fire.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sickening posted:

They say Force of Will twice in that trailer which is a somewhat odd choice to focus on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Weird to see all this white zombie stuff. I had assumed embalm would be BW or in all colors to varying degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-hVm9_O6BI

i can't wait for the unintentional implications of 4 white people and an Elf coming in to tell the black people their culture/religion/way of life is wrong and needs to be changed

• Locked thread