Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mods make this the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

Or very good at it, depending on which ethnic enclave gets blamed for the attack.

My money's on Chechans

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

and i must meme posted:

lol american house prices are so cheap

i think they are literally half the cost of uk houses

I wish I could find a nice house where I live in the US to raise a family for under 600k

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

brugroffil posted:

Seems like lots of California money is filtering back east and making everywhere with cool mountains ridiculously expensive.

Sun Valley was doing this before it was cool.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

My money's on Chechans

Aren't they being led by a literal Putin puppet now

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

eonwe posted:

thats a good one

i know right! :smugdon:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

My money's on Chechans

Nah, he's got a medieval MMA fighter puppet running the show there now. This stinks of the filthy Estonians!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Do I literally have to stop sleeping entirely if I want to be caught up on the news these days (yes I know it's 11am EST)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Aren't they being led by a literal Putin puppet now

Those are the ones loyal to Kadyrov. There are still Chechans fighting Russia until Kadyrov massacres them all.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

This stinks of the filthy Estonians!

Actually I was thinking Ukranians or Latvians. Depends where Putin wants to stick his armies really.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!
i have a facebook friend who is gettin real spicy that he applied for a work visa to canada and got rejected. my friend occasionally writes pro wrestling listicles for one of those listicle sites for his job.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Or very good at it, depending on which ethnic enclave gets blamed for the attack.

isn't he out of dissidents to exterminate now that Chechnya and South Ossetia are heeled?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

then you have bums like me wandering back to the places they were born too and not caring about slightly overpaying for a house because its what the wife and I wanted and lmao it's not SF anymore everything is so cheap!

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

this poo poo house costs £1 million like what the gently caress

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

Nah, he's got a medieval MMA fighter puppet running the show there now. This stinks of the filthy Estonians!

Estonians will sing you to death

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
somebody post the picture where his chechen puppet's children bought their MMA instructor a porsche or something

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

and i must meme posted:

this poo poo house costs £1 million like what the gently caress

isnt that like $62 tho

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/chernobylstatus/status/848882793736273920

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

tenderjerk posted:

i have a facebook friend who is gettin real spicy that he applied for a work visa to canada and got rejected. my friend occasionally writes pro wrestling listicles for one of those listicle sites for his job.

Sounds like something that should be highly in demand in an advanced economy, tell him he should give scandanavia a shot

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Eat poo poo fox
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/848910208378302464

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Serf posted:

if i somehow saved every single cent from my paycheck, it would only take me 31 years to make half a million dollars lmao

Maybe you should stop posting all day

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

isnt that like $62 tho

$1.25 million, pre brexit it was more

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
JUST ASKING!

Serf
May 5, 2011

blue squares posted:

Maybe you should stop posting all day

lmao never

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

deathbysnusnu posted:

Can't wait to see what this is casus belli for. Maybe it was Estonia extremists, ukranian separatists... maybe the bomb fragments will have a DNC logo on them.

my bets are on Estonian deep state generalissimo Abu Bakr al-Podesta

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tenderjerk posted:

I know a bunch of people I went to a community college with who never went on to do anything else and work retail/call center jobs if they are even working who are like "I AM MOVING TO CANADA" like it's that easy to just move to a diff country with no skills.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

and i must meme posted:

$1.25 million, pre brexit it was more

oh sorry i was looking at next years exchange rates

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Serf posted:

lmao never

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

So how long is News Corp going to keep throwing money into the Fox News pit because none of the old and sad losers that run their show can't afford hookers?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

A Handed Missus posted:

my bets are on Estonian deep state generalissimo Abu Bakr al-Podesta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTrnEuZxi0

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Serf posted:

if i somehow saved every single cent from my paycheck, it would only take me 31 years to make half a million dollars lmao

I don't understand what this means, doesn't everyone have parents with huge life insurance policies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just made some eggs and hashbrowns. luv 2 breakfast

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

now im thinkin about the zany antics of 45th president of the united states of america, donald j trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I AM MOVING TO CANADA

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

I AM MOVING TO CANADA

quoting for posterity

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Citizen Tayne posted:

the only way college graduates under 35 are buying houses is with parental help. It's impossible to save the down payment now on income available to a twenty-something in any kind of reasonable time.

I think you're right but there's definitely a way out there, but you have to do all the right things just at the right time. First and most important you probably need an SO to pool your resources and take advantage of economies of scale (e.g. If you live together you both save on rent and therefore you both will save on a down payment together). Second for like 10 years you have to watch every single penny-don't spend your bonuses, fix your own car where you can and don't take any expensive vacations, etc... Finally, when you do have enough to buy a house it's not going to be a really nice one. It's going to be a small starter house probably much worse than the one your parents currently own.

All that being said, if one thing goes wrong you'd probably need help, but if everything goes right, you may have an opportunity to buy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

I AM MOVING TO CANADA

:thinking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer