Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

There's not power ups, I'm not sure what he's talking about. There's actually less combat than even F-zero, you can't really take out other cars.

The closest thing to a powerup is boost modules to raise your boost meter, the same concept as F-zero's energy pads but split into orbs and scattered around the track instead of being a lane at certain points

oh that ain't bad at all, :hellyeah: lets go!!! been waiting for GX 2.0 since forever..

VVV :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fast rmx even has gx's announcer

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I swear the ai in fast rmx is cheating. I only just managed to beat all the cups on subsonic. That last one i manged earlier and took me a few tries with different ships.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
What are you guys doing to fill up your controller collection? When MK8 comes around I'll want to have four for the true multiplayer experience. I now have the joycons and 1 pro controller, so that's three people. I could get another pro controller, another set of joy-cons or just one extra joy-con. Will there be 5-player games at some point? I don't really feel like getting a single joy-con because -symmetry-, but getting two seems overkill as one will always be unused. An advantage is that nobody can complain about getting the 'poo poo' controller.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I usually get second or third in a cup but it unlocks the next cup and vehicle so I don't care.

I once won the cup by placing third in every race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vikar Jerome posted:

I swear the ai in fast rmx is cheating. I only just managed to beat all the cups on subsonic. That last one i manged earlier and took me a few tries with different ships.

Very rare that racing games don't cheat. Rubberbanding is real!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LPG Giant posted:

What are you guys doing to fill up your controller collection? When MK8 comes around I'll want to have four for the true multiplayer experience. I now have the joycons and 1 pro controller, so that's three people. I could get another pro controller, another set of joy-cons or just one extra joy-con. Will there be 5-player games at some point? I don't really feel like getting a single joy-con because -symmetry-, but getting two seems overkill as one will always be unused. An advantage is that nobody can complain about getting the 'poo poo' controller.

If you get two, all four players should use a joycon for parity instead of one getting a pro.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If the pro controller had real triggers and a headphone jack I'd still be interested. I'm kinda glad they weren't cuz I'd have spent 70 bucks when I am shocked how much I like the tiny rear end joycons.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you do any pc game stuff you can effortlessly use the pro controller there and be gone with Xbox's crap d pad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

If the pro controller had real triggers and a headphone jack I'd still be interested. I'm kinda glad they weren't cuz I'd have spent 70 bucks when I am shocked how much I like the tiny rear end joycons.

Uhhhh.... the pro controller is insanely good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad it's good.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

bef posted:

theres powerups? boo!

No powerups but a mechanic where you need to be of the correct frequency (blue or yellow) to get speed boosts.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The switch is an ironic name because I haven't had to switch games once yet

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

parallelodad posted:

If you get two, all four players should use a joycon for parity instead of one getting a pro.

But what about if we switch the pro controllers around? Then half the players will always be happy as opposed to everyone being mildly irritated all the time.

(The joy-cons are great but people will always complain about getting the 'small' controller).

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

If you do any pc game stuff you can effortlessly use the pro controller there and be gone with Xbox's crap d pad

its not really effortless, the pro controller is only directinput so you have to go through the hoop of using something like xpadder to get it to work with most modern games, and even then there's drawbacks. i personally think the switch pro controller d-pad is kind of bad and imprecise--while playing zelda i had more than one moment where i would press right to access my weapons and it would read it as me pressing up. i don't know why they made it so you can press the whole thing down.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'll definitely buy the joycon pros. Them bitches gunna be 100 bucks aren't they....

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Cardboard Box posted:

its not really effortless, the pro controller is only directinput so you have to go through the hoop of using something like xpadder to get it to work with most modern games, and even then there's drawbacks. i personally think the switch pro controller d-pad is kind of bad and imprecise--while playing zelda i had more than one moment where i would press right to access my weapons and it would read it as me pressing up. i don't know why they made it so you can press the whole thing down.

Same thing happens to me every so often. At first I chalked it up to getting used to the controller but it's an ongoing problem even a month later.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Cardboard Box posted:

while playing zelda i had more than one moment where i would press right to access my weapons and it would read it as me pressing up.

I consider this a flaw in my hands, I'm only human Nintendo!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel like playing Mario kart on a joycon is going to be uncomfortable. Everyone should have a set in a grip or a pro controller for maximum fun.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Harlock posted:

I feel like playing Mario kart on a joycon is going to be uncomfortable. Everyone should have a set in a grip or a pro controller for maximum fun.

Use one joycon on the floor as a makeshift gas pedals.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have come to eat crow.

FINALLY managed to get a combo that lagged out BoI.

Dr Fetus + Triple Shot + Double Shot + Quad Shot + Bomberman = You now shoot 24 bomb tears that all explode at the same time with a plus explosion after effect.

The first time after 50+ hours of play I've managed to make it chug. That's a pretty drat good ratio if you ask me :v:

Still wiped on Hush because I only had a single heart going into it :negative:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
goons is this OK for portable charging? i know charging comments are like 1/3 of this thread but i would need to order one today

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-High-Capacity-Portable/dp/B014ZO46LK?tag=imoreb-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU41358

dont want to destroy switch battery :newlol:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Supercar Gautier posted:

No warping to report, but I have found that my joycons are already getting a little worn in the bottom corners where they touch the palms. Nothing big, but there's little thin patches where the smoothness visibly changes.

Back when there was that kerfuffle about adhesives wrecking the joycon plastic's coating, I wondered if normal use would cause the same effect more slowly, and it seems the answer might be yes.

For what it's worth, things like Xbox controllers and PS4 controllers tend to get smooth too. No critical issue, just smoothed from use.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

LPG Giant posted:

Will there be 5-player games at some point?
Bomberman supports 8 already. So 5 player games are a possibility going forward (especially when we get TG16/PCE on the Virtual Console).

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

bef posted:

goons is this OK for portable charging? i know charging comments are like 1/3 of this thread but i would need to order one today

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-High-Capacity-Portable/dp/B014ZO46LK?tag=imoreb-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU41358

dont want to destroy switch battery :newlol:

I'm sure it's fine. I use an older Anker and my Switch has not exploded. Although mine isn't USB-C.

Anker is a good company though, and they advertise it for Switch. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

LethalGeek posted:

If you're buying a controller for PC gaming get one of those xbox one controllers with Bluetooth.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Showdown 4 is coming on the 13th :swoon:

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Stan Taylor posted:

If you're buying a controller for PC gaming get one of those xbox one controllers with Bluetooth.

Don't they still have a poo poo d-pad?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Infinitum posted:

Samurai Showdown 4 is coming on the 13th :swoon:

Hamster release the baseball!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Ninja Baseball Batman a Neo Geo game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ddogflex posted:

The XBone controller actually has a really nice D-Pad. Not a lot of travel, but it feels really nice and it's pretty responsive.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

parallelodad posted:

Is Ninja Baseball Batman a Neo Geo game?
Nope, it is a IREM title on a standard jamma PCB

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ddogflex posted:

Much better than 360 but still bad, yeah.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
super mario world when?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

HyperPuma posted:

super mario world when?

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

LethalGeek posted:

Whoa, wait, what?

I need details. Does the controller connect over Bluetooth? Are there special drivers for it?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Much better than 360 but still bad, yeah.

you'd think the d-pad would be perfected for every game controller by now but the dualshock 4's is the only one of the current controllers that i think is really great

Roundabout Route posted:

Whoa, wait, what?

I need details. Does the controller connect over Bluetooth? Are there special drivers for it?

i believe it just connects over usb. no special drivers, it's just basic directinput and you'd have to use third party software to make it work for most games, and even then you'll get xbox button prompts which will make it really weird since the X, Y, A and B buttons are all in completely different positions than nintendo controllers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

super mario world when?

Zsnes

Enjoy

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
cool. more piracy talk

what is it with this thread

Adbot