Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just watched it and I'm honestly alright with the ending. The RKO has been purported for exactly that purpose for the past 90,000 matches Orton's had. My dislike is the after match stomping and celebration where he's totally unaffected by anything. He should be jumpy. He should be unnerved. He should have grabbed the belt, tensely celebrated a little, then got the gently caress out of the weird spooky ring. Bray's spooky swamp magic doesn't need to stop just because he gets beat.

I chuckled at the projections because those were good. That snake was incredible levels of bad and I think they meant for Randy to move faster down the ramp so it could slither faster after him. Instead, he just sort of plodded along so it clipped sadly along with him. If he'd gone down at a good run or a trot it'd have looked pretty alright.

I think snake was motion activated or something but it was just a loving lag fest or maybe the guy scrolling it was doing a loving awful job or something. It looked so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cardboard Box posted:

i think your meter is off

All i know is it looked like both roman and taker had gotten into the chloroform bottle again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It looks like Chicago is getting a Takeover event the Saturday before Backlash in May. Nice!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
before randy joined the wyatts did he ever pull a RKO on bray? someone was joking the whole build being for randy to just RKO him but at least it would make sense if randy hadn't pulled it off before due to teleportation/luke

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
My issues with Roman at this point aren't entirely about him, but the storylines he's in and matches they lead to being an element of the WWE I don't enjoy. So generally I ignore it and get updates from you all and friends.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

It looks like Chicago is getting a Takeover event the Saturday before Backlash in May. Nice!
:hellyeah:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

oh yeah hogan vs sid, bam bam bigelow vs lawrence taylor and miz vs cena totally blew it away

LT vs. Bam Bam was better, yes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Miz/Cena was better than last night.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Miz/Cena had amazing video packages at the start. I still to this day watch the "you can hate me now" video.

Looking forwar to Taker's return next year to put over in interviews the only two men who can beat him at wrestlemania.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman's multiple interviews going "Heh adult wrestling fans? Why should I give a gently caress, my job is to entertain kids not those fat dorks" don't help his crowd love either.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So are they seriously going to take the Universal title out of contention for a whole loving year to build to Roman vs. Brock AGAIN? God it must feel great to be stuck on the RAW roster with nothing to compete for.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Miz/Cena had amazing video packages at the start. I still to this day watch the "you can hate me now" video.

Looking forwar to Taker's return next year to put over in interviews the only two men who can beat him at wrestlemania.

You know that video package didn't make WWE's top 20 wrestlemania entrances in the video they put out this year? That "you can hate me now" video was loving great and I too still pop it on sometimes right before wrestlemania.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

So are they seriously going to take the Universal title out of contention for a whole loving year to build to Roman vs. Brock AGAIN? God it must feel great to be stuck on the RAW roster with nothing to compete for.

Not 100% confirmed but Dave and Bryan say it's looking like that's the case.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

The_Rob posted:

I've said it before. Roman is not bad in the ring. He is largely competent and can do what he needs to do. He is however only good at having one wwe style match. He has nothing special or unique about him. He isn't technical, he can't fly, he doesent really do power stuff. He just has basic wwe style matches. I don't think he has the ability to call stuff on the fly and I think that's part of the reason the match was so bad last night. The matches story wasn't there at all. I think the story was that Roman wasn't afraid of taker but I don't really know how that's an interesting story because Roman didn't really do anything to convey that last night other than doing his moves he always does.

He's basically Sid except Sid could cut a better promo. Maybe Roman needs to start saying he's the master and the ruler of the world.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Not 100% confirmed but Dave and Bryan say it's looking like that's the case.

There's just no way. I have absolutely 0 faith in WWE on most days but I can't even see this actually happening. We are going to get a 365 day reign from Brock?

Nah.

If that actually happens, we need to shut this place down.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Big Ramp

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ruggington posted:

The Big Ramp

it was very big. like, huge.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Dave only said the main event is going to be Brock vs. Roman for the belt. They never said who would be holding the belt. It's entirely possible for Brock to drop the belt at some other PPV, and then either win it back, or Roman picks it up in time for the match to happen at WM.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Was the crowd being muted during the main event last night or did they just not give a poo poo about Roman ?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cardboard Box posted:

You can't ignore the size of this ramp.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vaguido posted:

Dave only said the main event is going to be Brock vs. Roman for the belt. They never said who would be holding the belt. It's entirely possible for Brock to drop the belt at some other PPV, and then either win it back, or Roman picks it up in time for the match to happen at WM.

so who beats brock for the belt before the golden child? unless he just drops it due to not wanting to leave his farm until the 3rd c-130 of cash from vince comes in

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Was the crowd being muted during the main event last night or did they just not give a poo poo about Roman ?

i think they were definitely muted for roman's entrance but they just seemed tired and apathetic afterwards

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Vaguido posted:

Nah, it'll be Brock as champ.

Brock only lost his title before because Roman got pinned. Only Goldberg has taken him down. They're going to try to keep up that strength so that it's theoretically impressive (it probably won't be) when Roman takes him down.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There was a lot of fear of it on Twitter last night. According to someone I trust backstage the SmackDown girls genuinely almost got cancelled, they got a lot of time cut so they did the best with what they had. Hope it gets noted in the Observer or on PWInsider.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

You can't ignore the size of this ramp.

love it or hate it, you have to respect how long that ramp was

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

and did you see the Snake?!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i don't watch much wrestling by why are people so scared of Bray Wyatt when he has never in his life won a wrestling match

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tiny snake look like a venomous sperm chasing Randy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm not one to wish injuries on people but if Roman's out for Wrestlemania next year so I don't have to sit through brock/roman for the title, for the love of gently caress, I'm not going to complain.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ruggington posted:

and did you see the Snake?!

boy did i

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so who beats brock for the belt before the golden child? unless he just drops it due to not wanting to leave his farm until the 3rd c-130 of cash from vince comes in
He could lose it in a triple threat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

He could lose it in a triple threat

i wasn't watching when rollins cashed in but did brock just disappear after mania and ignore the rematch clause

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman, THE BIG DOG, Reigns beating Brock after a year long reign after no one else could do it is EXACTLY the kind of superman mega push Vince dreams of for Roman.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
My favourite part of wrestlemania is Randy hating his special entrances.

My favourite "Wrestlemania Moment" ever is the look of absolute disgust he gave Rev Theory when they played his theme live.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I mean the obvious answer is Finn Balor right? I imagine they could have a triple threat with Brock/Owens/Balor, since both Owens has a rematch and Balor never lost the belt,, and have Balor pin Owens. Brock could take the belt off Balor at Summerslam and run with it until Mania, where THE BIG DOG will be crowned once again.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wasn't watching when rollins cashed in but did brock just disappear after mania and ignore the rematch clause

He cashed in his rematch the next night, Seth claimed he was jet lagged so there would be no match and ran off for his life. Brock then murdered the entire announce team leaving Bryon Saxton to call the rest of Raw by himself where upon he died a death until they sent out Jerry to save the show. BRock was then suspended until Battleground, when the authority brought him back for "reasons" and Taker ht him repeatedly in the dick.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

He cashed in his rematch the next night, Seth claimed he was jet lagged so there would be no match and ran off for his life. Brock then murdered the entire announce team leaving Bryon Saxton to call the rest of Raw by himself where upon he died a death until they sent out Jerry to save the show. BRock was then suspended until Battleground, when the authority brought him back for "reasons" and Taker ht him repeatedly in the dick.

lmao

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Benign posted:

My favourite part of wrestlemania is Randy hating his special entrances.

My favourite "Wrestlemania Moment" ever is the look of absolute disgust he gave Rev Theory when they played his theme live.

I have never noticed this and I need to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taker taking out Brock numerous times via dick kick was a highlight of the year

• Locked thread