Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
For purposes of delirium, aftermath cards count for both types, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

BizarroAzrael posted:

Weird to see all this white zombie stuff. I had assumed embalm would be BW or in all colors to varying degrees.

We know Embalm will be on cards that aren't monowhite, since the token's color is specifically changed from its original color to white, which wouldn't be necessary if the cards were all monowhite to begin with.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Correct.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

if they have different types, yes. I kinda don't like them having different types cause it looks less clean but i'm guessing this is why they decided to experiment with it, to help delirum (because it was sooooooooooo underpowered right)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I like Red God.

Red God knows how to get in there, and also turns your chaff into shocks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

if they have different types, yes. I kinda don't like them having different types cause it looks less clean

It's the most interesting part of the design, to me

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

This slots nicely into Bogles, I think.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

I like Red God.

Red God knows how to get in there, and also turns your chaff into shocks.

More like piddly lava spikes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cactrot posted:

it does help it play around edict effects without committing an actual creature, but i am totally clueless on how many edict effects exist outside liliana of the veil (which granted is played pretty heavily so who knows, maybe its worth it against the one card)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to lose games because I forget I have embalmable creatures in my graveyard. I seriously love the mechanic. So grindy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cactrot posted:

it can squabble with hyena umbra for the last few slots, yeah

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

if they have different types, yes. I kinda don't like them having different types cause it looks less clean but i'm guessing this is why they decided to experiment with it, to help delirum (because it was sooooooooooo underpowered right)
I'm kinda-sorta hoping most of the Aftermath sides are Sorceries, just so I don't have to feel dumb for getting blindsided by instant-speed flashbacks. It's not like they'll stick out of my opponent's graveyard or anything. :downs:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elyv posted:

it can squabble with hyena umbra for the last few slots, yeah

This seems straight up better than the Totem Armor effect in Boggles...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't wait to lose games because I forget I have embalmable creatures in my graveyard. I seriously love the mechanic. So grindy.

They somehow managed to put two new flashback variants in one set. And then threw in cycling for good measure.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

liliana vs damnation/verdict/anger/incidental chumpblocking

seems like a meta call to me, although right now I'd agree

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

i can't wait for the unintentional implications of 4 white people and an Elf coming in to tell the black people their culture/religion/way of life is wrong and needs to be changed

literal elf hitler

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kalli posted:

They say Force of Will twice in that trailer which is a somewhat odd choice to focus on.

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/159015172048/is-aven-mindsensor-the-only-invocation-card

Too good to be true.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

literal elf hitler
Good to see Nissa going back to her roots. The way they retconned all the character out of her with Origins was dumb as hell.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Totem armor is the only way the deck doesn't get blown out by wrath effects though. It also helps against anger of the gods and such. It might still take a few slots from hyena umbra like the poster said.

it does help it play around edict effects without committing an actual creature, but i am totally clueless on how many edict effects exist outside liliana of the veil (which granted is played pretty heavily so who knows, maybe its worth it against the one card)

Blessed alliance, although it has fallen out of favor a little lately.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 3, 2017

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

There's probably a casual R/B madness deck that wants to run 1-2 of these, but it seems a bit narrow otherwise. Feels like the mana cost on the discard ability got bumped up by 1 or 2 as a buffer against being overpowered. Interesting design otherwise though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

There's probably a casual R/B madness deck that wants to run 1-2 of these, but it seems a bit narrow otherwise. Feels like the mana cost on the discard ability got bumped up by 1 or 2 as a buffer against being overpowered. Interesting design otherwise though.

3 cmc + whatever the madness costs is a pretty high cost.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
not a good start imo

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

odiv posted:

How can anyone look at this and not read Hazoret the Pervert?

:laffo: :ughh:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Anyway, now that the -1/-1s are official, here's an idea: Winding Constrictor and... Harmless Offering.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

If burn were decent, you could run this as the top of the curve in a RDW deck, since you're usually going down to 1-2 cards by T4 anyways.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Siivola posted:

Anyway, now that the -1/-1s are official, here's an idea: Winding Constrictor and... Harmless Offering.

First time Jund has ever played a sorcery to end up behind on board.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sickening posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-hVm9_O6BI

I hope this was as cheap as it looks.

I thought this was really cool and got me really into the world they are building. I don't usually think stuff like this is very interesting, so I was surprised.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sickening posted:

3 cmc + whatever the madness costs is a pretty high cost.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Pitching something like Fiery Temper is about as good as it gets and even then there are probably better plays you can make on turn 5 with any deck that would want this.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh hey there's a local dude tackling the ~worthy champion~ out of the way as Gideon takes the hit, that's neat.

The animation's pretty stiff and janky, but the texturing looks real good imo. :shobon:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Turning your lands in to 3-mana shocks seems ok in the late game. The fact that it MIGHT come down swinging on turn 4 is pretty great.

My concern is how much -1/-1 removal will be in the standard format because that seems to really hose these "always creatures" gods.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

If burn were decent, you could run this as the top of the curve in a RDW deck, since you're usually going down to 1-2 cards by T4 anyways.

Yeah I mean, we played Rathi Dragon as the top end in monored back in the day, and this card is a lot better than Rathi Dragon. However, that presupposes that a red/x aggro deck exists. If it doesn't, this card is probably unplayable but if it does it can probably top out a curve.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Balon posted:

Turning your lands in to 3-mana shocks seems ok in the late game. The fact that it MIGHT come down swinging on turn 4 is pretty great.

My concern is how much -1/-1 removal will be in the standard format because that seems to really hose these "always creatures" gods.

For it to come down swinging turn 4 with no mulligans or discards, you have to play 9 cards on the play in 3 turns, and 10 on the draw at least.

4 of those are lands obviously, but that still means you have to cast 5 cards on the play, 6 on the draw.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Yeah I mean, we played Rathi Dragon as the top end in monored back in the day, and this card is a lot better than Rathi Dragon.

The only similarity between the two is the mana cost. They have very different drawbacks. Weird comparison to bring up.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

If anyone is going to GP Montreal in May of this year, I will make it very worth your while to get my Véronique Meignaud zen full arts signed. I will pay for shipping back to me and all that as well, of course.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Barring some kind of powerful enabler, I think we would be looking at Fleetwheel as the top end in a traditional RDW deck before we looked at the god.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

For it to come down swinging turn 4 with no mulligans or discards, you have to play 9 cards on the play in 3 turns, and 10 on the draw at least.

4 of those are lands obviously, but that still means you have to cast 5 cards on the play, 6 on the draw.
That's why you run Bomat Courier to dump your hand at will. Also works nice with the Archfiend of Ifnir.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

The only similarity between the two is the mana cost. They have very different drawbacks. Weird comparison to bring up.

The comparison was that I think this card is much better than Rathi Dragon in the specific context of red aggro.

E: Of course, creatures were awful back then, so. Would you prefer if I mentioned Lava Hounds? It's probably a better analogy.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Flameblade Adept
R
Creature - Jackal Warrior
Menace

Whenever you cycle or discard a card, Flameblade Adept gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

So this is a T2 combo with Fluctuator and adequate cycling cards in hand/deck?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TheKingofSprings posted:

You don't have to play them per se; you could discard them to something like Nahiri's Wrath on T3.

e: NOTE: I am aware that so far, this deck is shaping up to be rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

The comparison was that I think this card is much better than Rathi Dragon in the specific context of red aggro.

E: Of course, creatures were awful back then, so. Would you prefer if I mentioned Lava Hounds? It's probably a better analogy.

I'm still not sure how big of a drawback the handsize limitation is. Trying to visualize it, it seems like something that could be both over and underestimated.

• Locked thread