Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It is also me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I am Black Roast!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
i'm the undertale monsters

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So Crabiante was an A Rank monster. Kinda proves that argument earlier that even prehero Saitama was a beast.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

On it's own I'd dismiss it as a coincidence, but it's standing immediately to the right of another monster from that game.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kild posted:

So Crabiante was an A Rank monster. Kinda proves that argument earlier that even prehero Saitama was a beast.

While not discounting that Saitama was very heroic and demonstrated some good quick-thinking and agility, it's also the case that Crablante had a glaring weakness that an above-average athlete could exploit, and Saitama was lucky to be in a position to take advantage of that.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Schwarzwald posted:

On it's own I'd dismiss it as a coincidence, but it's standing immediately to the right of another monster from that game.

this monster reminded me of Loox, but it could all be a coincidence, yeah.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Reminder that ONE named the biggest villain we've seen so far after a Magic: the Gathering colour pairing

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

Maybe. The chapter was about how the hero association doesn't actually poo poo about properly ranking monsters. Also they're more interested in being right in their report than actually being right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/848982763004846080

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Wait so our hero is breaking their database?

....Saitama is a low tech hacker.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
So many villains and monsters in the thread.

It falls to me, the Fourth Smile Brother, :v: Man to defeat you! With my stick and :v: hoop!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EponymousMrYar posted:

So many villains and monsters in the thread.

It falls to me, the Fourth Smile Brother, :v: Man to defeat you! With my stick and :v: hoop!

And so, we learn who Blast truly is.

After all, the only rank without a Smile Brother is S.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Ch73

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that last page is real good :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Very good.

Very good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think this is the first time I've seen Sneck and not thought about how he's just some dude who tried to crush Saitama on his first day of official heroing.

The spirit of Licenseless Rider is spreading.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Can't wait for Saitama to appear and casually slap Gouketsu to pieces.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

This is basically rehash of the Sea King fight, isn't it?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Nah I think Suiryu will still win this somehow. He's learning how unimportant pure power is and he'll somehow overcome Gouketsu his massive disadvantage. If Saitama has to show up and splatter Gouketsu then Suiryu will have learned nothing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tap my mountain posted:

Nah I think Suiryu will still win this somehow. He's learning how unimportant pure power is and he'll somehow overcome Gouketsu his massive disadvantage. If Saitama has to show up and splatter Gouketsu then Suiryu will have learned nothing.

He'll have learned that Saitama is not only better than him, he's better than top level monsters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Saitama is proof that man is stronger than monster. If nobody else at the martial arts tournament can beat these monsters, then they're right, monster is the top dog. But if some bald guy who was pretending to be someone else just to get in can do it, well, Humans all the way.

It's all about learning that you aren't as good as you thought and that there's so much further that you can go.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't believe there's an actual explanation to Sneck's garish fasion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is the best.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I can't believe there's an actual explanation to Sneck's garish fasion.

We've had fireproof and waterproof clothes, finally we've mastered fangproof technology!

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah I think so too and I hope he does. I like him a lot and even now he's learning about the nobility of doing what is right even when you're hurt and scared. Even if he beats Gouketsu(?) he'll still have learned the world is much bigger than he realised imo.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm so happy Snek got a cool moment, even though he's kind of a dick :allears:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

tap my mountain posted:

Suiryu and the two heroes will beat Gouketsu and turn to leave, Bakuzan will become an even stronger monster and be about to attack them from behind, Saitama will do his thing before the others even realize what's happening, Suiryu will ask "did you hear something" and Sneck will say no as they walk out without turning back to see, Saitama once again saves the day without anyone knowing but is satisfied letting Suiryu feel like a true hero as Genos watches on from the stands and silently monologues about Saitama's selflessness.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Shugojin posted:

Yeah! It's nice to see him and max get some rear end-kicking moments in, because so far they've just existed to be utter chumps and illustrate how strong Saitama is. They are A-class and strong, we just don't get to see it often because of the level of threat that surrounds Saitama typically.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Suiryu and the two heroes will beat Gouketsu and turn to leave, Bakuzan will become an even stronger monster and be about to attack them from behind, Saitama will do his thing before the others even realize what's happening, Suiryu will ask "did you hear something" and Sneck will say no as they walk out without turning back to see, Saitama once again saves the day without anyone knowing but is satisfied letting Suiryu feel like a true hero as Genos watches on from the stands and silently monologues about Saitama's selflessness.

Yeah probably, but it'll look pretty! This arc has really come around and if they end anime S2 on this arc to really tease S3's inevitable monster association showdown, I'm sure there will also be a scene where the monster association casually writes off these monsters as weak and inconsequential.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This is the best.

Shugojin posted:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that last page is the hypest poo poo in the world

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It'd also totally be in the spirit of the series to have Suiryu be this close to reaching enlightenment and being a better person only for Saitama to kill the monster in one punch and ruin it all.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

That "why did you come back" bit was so cliche but also I absolutely loved it. this is a good comic.

I think it's that both the heroes had the exact same "wait why is this a question" response.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Heroes are pretty cool.

This chapter is a nice little refutation of Suiryu's little speech about heroes to Saitama.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 5, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You guys are totally underestimating Dragon level monsters if you think Suiryu can win with just the help of 2 A-class.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Didn't this thread just discuss how you can't trust the rating system from the side chapter? :cheeky:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The heroes are all still trying their best, in their own way.

Hoping Saitama strolls back into scene next chapter, it seems like it's almost time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Reiche posted:

Didn't this thread just discuss how you can't trust the rating system from the side chapter? :cheeky:

the ratings aren't perfect but they aren't garbage either.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

tap my mountain posted:

He has learned that Heroes Are Cool because they are risking their lives to save him. Maybe his carefree ways have forever changed!??!?!?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Babe Magnet posted:

that last page is the hypest poo poo in the world

i also lust for crow death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You know what they call a group of crows?