Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Derrick Rose has made valuable contributions to the study of knee injuries and rehabilitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is Rose or Parsons the current NBA player with the worst knee injuries and is the worst of all time Oden?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ray John Rondo
https://streamable.com/mw4y1

EvanTH posted:

Why do people keep saying Derrick Rose did useful and productive things this year and showed some kinda recovery? I watched a lot of Knicks games and I did not really see this? He is still absolutely terrible at most everything and it still shows up in his negative BPM/RAPM. He finishes some weird shots around the rim but he's not usually a ready passer, when he does pass his passes are off-target and he commits dumb turnovers because he's got a special brain disease that leaves him unable to pass without jumping.

Noah made him a much better player by getting into tip-in position after every one of his dumb shots, but he couldn't really jump enough to do it at an all-star level anymore, which is about what's needed to make Rose functional teammate.

He just needs to get healthy and he'll be great

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Worst of all time was Tony Allen's ACL tear because it seemed as if God was punishing a man for choosing to dunk. It revealed the hateful nature of the universe.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ray John Rondo
https://streamable.com/mw4y1

He just needs to get healthy and he'll be great

The Bulls have started having a lot of fun and I believe it will soin translate to wins. Did you see Rondo and Butler playin little pranks at the free throw line, forcing Drummond to dap himself for completionist ritual reasons?

Edit: https://streamable.com/8nnqx

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 3, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spacebump posted:

So Draymond Green punched an MVP candidate's wrist (a wrist known for being injured atm) and didn't get tossed out of the game?

He actually hit him on the elbow but yanno, narratives and facts and poo poo

EvanTH posted:

Here's the video of James Harden pinching Draymond's belly haha
https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/848052500997353472

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm sad the Knicks couldn't flip Rose for anything at all during the trade deadline, not even a second round pick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

The Bulls have started having a lot of fun and I believe it will soin translate to wins. Did you see Rondo and Butler playin little pranks at the free throw line, forcing Drummond to dap himself for completionist ritual reasons?

Edit: https://streamable.com/8nnqx

Friendship ball is real and their offense works with Wade out of the way. Rondo and Rubio both started shooting well from three. They're probably on l-dopa or some other fatal but incredibly performance enhancing drug

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am fascinated to see if Fred Hoiberg has the guts to bring Wade off the bench in the playoffs. Maybe Mirotic, Rondo and Butler keep shooting at an elite clip and they can afford to start Wade despite spacing and ball movement issues. Or hell, maybe Playoffs Wade finds his three point stroke again and the Bulls bomb the Raptors out of the playoffs before gracefully bowing out to the Cavs

But I still think Wade should probably come off the bench. I know in my head that Paul Zipser isn't a good basketball player, but heart tells me he's potentially the key to a championship run?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Whatever happens this season, the Bulls need to get Jim Butler on the Jim Harden System next year

https://twitter.com/Bulls_Jay/status/848713299684458497

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Apparently Sam Dekker broke his hand against the Suns. The Rockets also picked up Troy Williams so he'll probably get those limited minutes for the rest of the season.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

Friendship ball is real and their offense works with Wade out of the way. Rondo and Rubio both started shooting well from three. They're probably on l-dopa or some other fatal but incredibly performance enhancing drug

Wait what the hell I'm not ready for this trade

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shear Modulus posted:

Morey saw Isaiah Thomas and realized tiny point guards are the new market inefficiency.

Morey already started a league-wide run on tiny penetrating point guards when Aaron Brooks made the Lakers sweat a gimme series in the 2009 playoffs

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Chairchucker posted:

Wait what the hell I'm not ready for this trade

You should have known it was a mistake as soon as you saw Rubio and "shooting well" in the same sentence.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The lakers caught the suns. This is immensely hilarious.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Traxis posted:

You should have known it was a mistake as soon as you saw Rubio and "shooting well" in the same sentence.

How dare you he's up to 40% for the season which is the best in like 5 seasons.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The Pacers do not deserve Paul George. Someone please trade for him in the offseason and he will win you a ring.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

He'd fit well in the Timberwolves roster IMO. (I mean really, he'd probably fit in any roster, but I called dibs first.)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I was reading an article about Chieck Diallo this morning and had to laugh at this part:

quote:

One thing you will not see below is Diallo passing the ball. Like most humans with arms he possesses the fundamental ability to pass the ball, but at this point in his development it is an underutilized skill. In college he played 202 total minutes and amassed one single assist — ONE! Unfortunately, it hasn’t gotten much better in his rookie season as he only doled out 18 total assists in 724 minutes in the D-League. The silver lining to that mind boggling stat is 13 of those assists have come in February and March, so it would appear he’s now at least cognizant of the fact there are other players on the court with him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

I was reading an article about Chieck Diallo this morning and had to laugh at this part:

He only played 202 minutes in college? I know he wasn't available early in the season but dang.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If the Celtics want Paul George I think he's theirs. But it seems like Boston is trying to follow the OKC model of building a contender which would suggest keeping the Nets picks and keeping as much roster flexibility as possible.

If Boston passes then I'm not sure who will put together the next best offer.

All I know is that Indy will have a hard time turning down a Meyers Leonard home coming

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

So the bulls are just going to bench felicio for lauvergne?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If the Celtics want Paul George I think he's theirs. But it seems like Boston is trying to follow the OKC model of building a contender which would suggest keeping the Nets picks and keeping as much roster flexibility as possible.

I thought PG to the lakers was pretty much a done deal?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Probably will end up in LA, but you never know. I think the move to make was to get Nurkic. Could you imagine if Boston had gotten Nurk and he was playing at this level in Boston?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

All I know is that Indy will have a hard time turning down a Meyers Leonard home coming

There is no world where I would be a fan of a team that willingly gave money to Meyers Leonard.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

If he wants Lakers he'll play out his last year in Indy and let the Lakers get 1 more year of rebuilding. If he asks Larry to get him out of Indy this offseason, it will be Celtics.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Boston using that Nets pick and waiting for that player to develop seems like a really bad idea.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

warcrimes posted:

He actually hit him on the elbow but yanno, narratives and facts and poo poo

Draymond literally said he punched Harden's wrist

“He pinched me, so I punched his wrist”

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lockback posted:

Boston using that Nets pick and waiting for that player to develop seems like a really bad idea.
It depends on where it ends up but if they actually get Fultz I would think it would be incredibly hard to trade it and even if it's someone else there isn't necessarily going to be a good trade available. Wasn't the rumour that they offered both Nets picks to the Pacers for George and the Bulls for Butler and were turned down? Getting an actual star player with the pick would present a real path to a championship and it's not like contending teams have never brought along young players. If the player is actually someone really good than I don't think they'll have to wait that long on them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It depends on where it ends up but if they actually get Fultz I would think it would be incredibly hard to trade it and even if it's someone else there isn't necessarily going to be a good trade available. Wasn't the rumour that they offered both Nets picks to the Pacers for George and the Bulls for Butler and were turned down? Getting an actual star player with the pick would present a real path to a championship and it's not like contending teams have never brought along young players. If the player is actually someone really good than I don't think they'll have to wait that long on them.

They offered picks but with protections on both.

Which means those offers were worthless.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol what kind of protections could you possibly offer with those Nets picks to make them actually worth anything

Even top 1 protection would make me balk

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Athanatos posted:

There is no world where I would be a fan of a team that willingly gave money to Meyers Leonard.

If he wants Lakers he'll play out his last year in Indy and let the Lakers get 1 more year of rebuilding. If he asks Larry to get him out of Indy this offseason, it will be Celtics.

Ok how about an Evan Turner home coming?

Seriously though would you take McCollum for PG straight up or is the possibility of the Nets picks too hard to resist?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

They offered picks but with protections on both.

Which means those offers were worthless.

I'd really love to see Danny Ainge debating whether he should eat his very nice looking slice of cake or leave it on display

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ok how about an Evan Turner home coming?

Seriously though would you take McCollum for PG straight up or is the possibility of the Nets picks too hard to resist?

Sorry friend, I dont see a way PG goes to Portland. Other places will offer Larry way more this offseason, and PG will want to go way better places next.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Who all could reasonably get Paul George? I'd like to see him play with the Pelicans entirely for how good that team would be in 2k but it's probably not going to happen.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Trade paul george for bradley beal and some other poo poo, imo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Paul George for Pat Beverley and filler/picks :v:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Intruder posted:

Paul George for Davis Bertans and filler/picks :v:
I offer those nearest to my heart

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm going to Knicks/Bulls tomorrow. When I bought these tickets in December I had grand ideas of a late season match-up with playoff implications on the line. Now I guess the best case scenario is for my team to lose. At least I get to see KP live :)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Paul George for Pat Beverley and filler/picks :v:

Intruder I thought we were friends. Why you wish bad things on me? At least offer us Sam Dekkar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

It's easy to laugh at Ainge for hoarding assets, but Boston is in a perfect position to let their playoff performance dictate how they use those picks

If they struggle to make the conference finals or bow out earlier than that, it'd be hard to make a convincing argument that now is the right moment to go all-in. A finals appearance or a hard-fought battle against the Cavs makes sacrificing future assets a lot easier to swallow.

• Locked thread