Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

JR has signed a 2 year part-time (apparently) deal

Good for him. Tough time in his life, time to distract himself and be around people that love him. Hope WWE doesn't gently caress this up.

Rovert do you happen to know if he's replacing Mauro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Skinty McEdger posted:

Normal mo when someone has a poo poo fit of a match like that and they're both protected guys is to blame someone in the semi main for killing the crowd or someone further down the card for popping the crowd too much and causing burnout. Neither Roman nor Taker will take the blame.

Those drat Hardy's got me too hyped so naturally by the end of a 6 and a half hour show, my normal high energy was just gone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of the Hardys, can anyone point me to where in the GDT I can read reactions to their return?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skinty McEdger posted:

Normal mo when someone has a poo poo fit of a match like that and they're both protected guys is to blame someone in the semi main for killing the crowd or someone further down the card for popping the crowd too much and causing burnout. Neither Roman nor Taker will take the blame.

They are going to blame the SD womens division for trying to bring back a dead crowd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Speaking of the Hardys, can anyone point me to where in the GDT I can read reactions to their return?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815624&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95 is when New Day say there's one more team

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm worried this is all gonna fall on Bray's shoulders.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Thanks!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

JR has signed a 2 year part-time (apparently) deal

Good for him. Tough time in his life, time to distract himself and be around people that love him. Hope WWE doesn't gently caress this up.

i'm glad to see jr back with wwe but assuming he's on commentary i hope he's not as diluted as he was the last time he was a regular on commentary in like 2013 playing third wheel

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My name's Roman Reigns and I'm the Big Dog. Last night I defeated the Undertaker and retired him at Wrestlemania, he was the old Big Dog and he said it was his yard. But it's not his yard anymore, it's my yard now, and I'm the Big Dog. And when you're the Big Dog of the yard, you gotta dig dog -- dig down deep and hold onto that - the yard. There's other dogs in this yard, sure. Small dogs, medium sized dogs, even long or short dogs. Some of 'em got spots. But they aren't the Big Dog, because there's only one now that I retired the Dead Man, the original Big Dog, in his own yard.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm glad to see jr back with wwe but assuming he's on commentary i hope he's not as diluted as he was the last time he was a regular on commentary in like 2013 playing third wheel

He'd play well off of Marou Renallo, if only there were some people they could get rid off to make room. HMMMM

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

That DICK! posted:

My name's Roman Reigns and I'm the Big Dog. Last night I defeated the Undertaker and retired him at Wrestlemania, he was the old Big Dog and he said it was his yard. But it's not his yard anymore, it's my yard now, and I'm the Big Dog. And when you're the Big Dog of the yard, you gotta dig dog -- dig down deep and hold onto that - the yard. There's other dogs in this yard, sure. Small dogs, medium sized dogs, even long or short dogs. Some of 'em got spots. But they aren't the Big Dog, because there's only one now that I retired the Dead Man, the original Big Dog, in his own yard.

sufferin succotash

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Knock knock
Who's there
The big dog

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Optimist with doubt posted:

He'd play well off of Marou Renallo, if only there were some people they could get rid off to make room. HMMMM

yeah get jbl out of there

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That DICK! posted:

Whoever said that Heyman should come out and cut a promo about not being the 1 in 21-1 anymore and Roman comes out and says he could keep the title because he just beat a broken old man and not the Undertaker is so right.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
They need to start trimming the fat in the commentary team it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point. Getting rid of Otunga since he's completely useless would be a start. Bryon seems to be getting primed for Cole's job so he'll be mostly white noise with the occasional good call so he'll just be lingering around unless he fucks up royally. I was almost sure they would dump him after WWE threw him in the deep end and made him solo that Raw when Brock F5'd Cole but they must see something in him.

It just shows why JR is arguably the best commentator of all time (sorry Josh Mathews). It was bullshit that JR got canned by the WWE in first place anyways so it's nice to see them right that wrong at least.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

wwe clearly loves 3 and even 4 person commentary teams and they love their toe-the-company-line robots even more so i don't see that happening

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

toe

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

That DICK! posted:

I can hear the booing now and it's glorious

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

toe.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Aren't they just bringing JR back to stop him from working World of Sport?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can hear the booing now and it's glorious

"HOW ABOUT INSTEA....INSTEAD A BOOING....YOU.....YOU SHUT UP!"

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
lol this place hates roman more than reddit, that's kind of impressive

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jackofarcades posted:

In my case replace Roman with HHH.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

DoctorGonzo posted:

In my case replace Roman with HHH.

I think HHH and Orton were worse than that Roman poo poo last night but some people really liked the HHH match.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

jackofarcades posted:

I'm honestly just peanut butter and jealous that I will never be as big a dog as the big dog roman reigns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, just announce the Brock/Reigns Mania 34 match tonight

Rip the band-aid off, get it out of the way, and have Reigns say he's going to retire Brock next

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

lets go roman

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Has anyone ever been given so much as Roman has? That goober can't speak, can kinda wrestle, and has been booed for about half a decade now. This company has shithoused people for leaving a RAW early.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

Roman Hating Hating is played out at this point too, so you look like a real jabroni here pally boy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jackofarcades posted:

I think HHH and Orton were worse than that Roman poo poo last night but some people really liked the HHH match.

HHH-Roman was worse than Roman-Taker.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

jackofarcades posted:

It was so much fun. Best part was HHH being drawn away from Seth to the sledgehammer like it was catnip.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I just don't care about his character or storylines. His charisma doesn't resonate with me at all. The guy has great timing for his moves though and with talented people can put on good matches.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I think despite weird missteps, Mania had some really good matches and Takeover had incredible matches. I am looking forward to Raw and Smackdown, so the show did what it had to do.

Optimist with doubt fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 3, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Best moment of Wrestlemania was that security guard who didn't know who Gronkowski was.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Kull the Conqueror posted:

It was so much fun. Best part was HHH being drawn away from Seth to the sledgehammer like it was catnip.

yeah i thought it was a super good match that probably would've been really great in front of a hotter crowd

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Undertaker faded away and classified himself as obsolete.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How long until the next Taker documentary, where that match is spun in the video package as an end of an era instant classic

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Remember when the Undertaker returned to Smackdown, cut a heartfelt promo about it being his home, then never appeared again and was retired by a Raw guy?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

So are they seriously going to take the Universal title out of contention for a whole loving year to build to Roman vs. Brock AGAIN? God it must feel great to be stuck on the RAW roster with nothing to compete for.

yeah as loving terrible as the SD Title match was at least you know that at least you might get good matches out of Wyatt/Styles/Miz/Corbin in the future. Not sure what happens next though since Cena is gone probably for the majority of the year now. Would be a perfect time to call up Shinsuke/Almas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Cardboard Box posted:

wwe clearly loves 3 and even 4 person commentary teams and they love their toe-the-company-line robots even more so i don't see that happening

Which is why I don't see Ranallo lasting as long as Cole. I hope he does but something just tells me some bullshit will happen and they can him.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Aren't they just bringing JR back to stop him from working World of Sport?

True but hey at least they did it. I think Dave's right. I think WWE foolishly thought that JR would just sit at home and do nothing instead of making it without them since their bubble is ludicrously small.

• Locked thread