Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ohno sent that yahoo packing, I doubt we'll ever see him in the territory again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Uncle Ulty posted:

I also thought it was strange that the Drifter wasn't mentioned. Though there was a dark match before Takeover where Oney Lorcan fought "El Vagabondo". A masked luchador with a guitar. I'm sure those two things are unrelated though.

To be fair, Bo did the same thing. Came back one last time under a mask before going away completely

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At Takeover I thought Ciampa was going to be taken out of the match early as he has major shoulder issues. He hadn't wrestled for a month prior. He did a lot in the match but he was a lot less muscular.

Will be interested to see if they write him out at the tapings on Wednesday.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/848927621945729026

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wait, why would WWE schedule a show against EVOLVE?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/822142365532098560

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Because WWE doesn't give a poo poo about their lesser partners. They just took Drew Galloway out of the main event of the WWN supershow so he could be in the crowd at Takeover. No sympathy for the companies that got in bed with WWE though. Especially if they thought WWE would do anything differently this time around.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think most of you care more than Gabe does tbh. He'll probably just move his show to the afternoon and do what he did in San Antonio and probably reap the benefits for doing so.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Gabe is hilarious

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I mean if Evolve is going to piggyback off a WWE PPV, then you get conflicts with NXT sometimes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/848936844809166849 https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/848937333349076992

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/848940456419500037

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Gabe bums me out

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Gabe sounds like either a dummy or a shill, and I'm not sure which, if not both

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

MagicCube posted:

Because WWE doesn't give a poo poo about their lesser partners. They just took Drew Galloway out of the main event of the WWN supershow so he could be in the crowd at Takeover. No sympathy for the companies that got in bed with WWE though. Especially if they thought WWE would do anything differently this time around.

Let's be fair here; neither does New Japan. They view CMLL as (near) equal partners, everybody else is completely inconsequential. They've used ROH to increase their wrestlers profile in America, and now they are running their own shows there. They've talked about starting their own American promotion and running regular shows. Do you think ROH will be spared talent raids if that were to happen?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Oh man, Almas is going to get Crews'd. No one is going to know who he is, his music sounds too much like Smooth, and while he's awesome, he's absolutely not ready for the main roster's problems.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Almas would be perfect for the rumored New Evolution. He could use that rub.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It sucks that they're the same day, but since I don't have tickets to either yet I'm going to try and pick up some sweet NXT fun.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sportsgenius86 posted:

Almas would be perfect for the rumored New Evolution. He could use that rub.

Wait what

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Almas, Revival, Hunter, and Drifter

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Capsaicin posted:

I've heard people say New Evolution should be something like Owens, Joe, Hunter, and possibly Io Shirai.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Owens doesn't need it at all. I'd make it HHH, Joe, Almas and bring Adam Cole straight to the main roster when he signs.

Cole should be what Triple H was to Flair.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Capsaicin posted:

Not bad, not bad, even with the Drifter in there.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Well for a new evolution, you're gonna need a wiley, crafty vet. I'd say the Cerebral Assassin, Triple H fits the bill.
You're gonna need a leader, your top heel. Sounds like a job for the King of Kings, HHH to me.
Of course, you'll need the key to the future, a hotshot blue chipper to carry on through the coming years. I got a guy for ya, ever heard of the asskicker? That's Hunter, everyone calls him that.
And of course, the muscle. Here comes big Mojo Rawley.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

why would Almas be authority and not LOS INGOBERNABLES :confused: :mad: :madfused:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Almas is billed at 180. He's going straight to 205 Live if anywhere.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Black is great in the ring but I think presence is absolutely his top quality. Dude just knows how to do every little thing to make you take notice of him as someone to fear. Corbin has really improved but it still feels like he's playing a character that is his idea of cool. Aleister Black doesn't feel like a character.

Black is pretty much the same character he was playing on the indies but with WWE production values, which was absolutely the right move

If Ciampa is really going to be on the shelf for a while after that shoulder surgery, NXT should have Gargano win the NXT title from Roode and then just bite the O'Reilly/Roddy program from PWG with Gargano in Kyle's spot. It would be a perfect way to get plenty of shine on Johnny while getting Roddy into his best role, the role that got him signed in the first place.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 3, 2017

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IMO if Ciampa isn't going to take too long to heal DIY should be on the main roster yesterday

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think Ciampa's shoulder is super turbo hosed from what I've read. Time for a Johnny Gargano singles run

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tato posted:

I think Ciampa's shoulder is super turbo hosed from what I've read. Time for a Johnny Gargano singles run

Gargano is Roode's next challenger. Half scoop, half process of elimination.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can wait to see Roode put Gargano on the shelf

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love Regal but Gabe of all people should realize that Regal showing up means that he's on the hunt for talent for WWE to poach.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I love Regal but Gabe of all people should realize that Regal showing up means that he's on the hunt for talent for WWE to poach.

He knows and doesn't care.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

He knows and doesn't care.

Yep. Gabe is being paid $3.5 million over the next 5 years by Flo Sports. Guaranteed pretty much there's no opt clause. A deal Triple H helped set up.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gargano would make a good feud for Roode right now, but I still say Tye should be the one to take the belt off him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gabe not being a hardass about guys taking WWE offers is exactly why he now has Keith Lee, Dijak, ACH, Lio Rush and Kyle O'Reilly at his disposal.

Just about the only thing Gabe has any self-awareness about whatsoever is where EVOLVE exists in the grand scheme of things and I feel he's absolutely right for handling things how he is right now talent wise.

I commend him for allowing guys to leave and go try to earn good money before their bodies break down instead of trying to force them into working armories for a pittance because he can.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Scoop man, any news on the plan for Drew McIntyre? Him and Johnny have been tag champs and well, he has been a singles champ too. Was just curious if you got anything.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

send Tye to have a tepid main event run at ROH so the internet turns on him. Push Almas

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Scoop man, any news on the plan for Drew McIntyre? Him and Johnny have been tag champs and well, he has been a singles champ too. Was just curious if you got anything.

He's here to spoil the party. Honestly no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

He's out of time, so say goodbye.

• Locked thread