Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The story mode revamp has been really substantial if you're willing to count that, and kinda goes with how the major focus at Gaz is almost certainly the PS4 port right now over new stuff for current players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only new if it has new art assets.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I havent played in a long time and my inventory and stash tabs are full of stuff. Is gear that is old still worth hanging on to or have things been updated and the old poo poo is worthless? Having no room for anything sucks.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm surprised that they haven't released their console port yet, they have clearly been working on it for a long while.

You don't add native DS4 support if you aren't going to release it on PS4.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I mean , didn't Dink post something about ps4 a while ago that she quickly deleted?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

She said something about how certain fur textures don't render well on the PS4 or something similar to that.

In other news, Asros did say that he gets to reveal what he was working sometime this week. I think the reason why he was so salty last week was because people on twitter were making fun of him there over it and twitter is usually where he goes to get some echo chamber responses.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

3-year anniversary cake for logging in today.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Does spirit cost reduction from cosmic arties stack?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

Does spirit cost reduction from cosmic arties stack?

None of the cosmic affixes on artifacts stack.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

In other news, Asros did say that he gets to reveal what he was working sometime this week.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

New season of Twin Peaks looking promising!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Please to give SG invite to 'worstops'

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mover posted:

The story mode revamp has been really substantial
Substantially annoying with its forced gating and abundance of gapingly empty areas that are about twice as big as they ought to be, yep!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

MMAgCh posted:

Substantially annoying with its forced gating

Hm? Did they add more level checks like the one at the end of the game?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bloodly posted:

Hm? Did they add more level checks like the one at the end of the game?
Less level checks and more "if you use a waypoint to go to an area, the actual door to the next area won't be interactable if you do it out of order". Like jumping to Kingpin's warehouse from the nightclub? Nope.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I didn't phrase it very well, but yes that is what I meant. While levelling Nick Fury I discovered you can't go straight to/through the Ancient Ruins portal and gain a tonne of XP by talking to Heimdall any more either, for example.

As a ~new player experience~ thing I suppose it makes some sense, but if you've levelled God knows how many characters to 60 before it's just tedious.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

I didn't phrase it very well, but yes that is what I meant. While levelling Nick Fury I discovered you can't go straight to/through the Ancient Ruins portal and gain a tonne of XP by talking to Heimdall any more either, for example.

As a ~new player experience~ thing I suppose it makes some sense, but if you've levelled God knows how many characters to 60 before it's just tedious.

They just moved Heimdall's XP to Sif at the end of the instance, instead of the front. They didn't really touch chapter 9. Making you run essentially a Kurse term is probably the least frustrating of the railroading changes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You have to go to the first waypoint to talk to Dum Dum Dugan, then run over and talk to a SHIELD operative in the middle of the map, then you have to do the previously optional dark elf sidequest, then you have to grind legendaries because the the next quest in the line doesn't work.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghostlight posted:

You have to go to the first waypoint to talk to Dum Dum Dugan, then run over and talk to a SHIELD operative in the middle of the map, then you have to do the previously optional dark elf sidequest, then you have to grind legendaries because the the next quest in the line doesn't work.

I just did it for the BB cosmic and did none of this.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I got TM all the way down to 1:45 with Tornado Kick and the way fury generates now.

Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/4690/

tm is good, everybody

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
is boomerang a better backup fury dump than coup de grace?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AzraelNewtype posted:

I just did it for the BB cosmic and did none of this.
I distinctly remember not being able to do it at all on my Psylocke a few days ago. I just prestiged Rocket and I can't enter the rainbow bridge at all - the cutscene doesn't trigger nor does the portal appear.

e: you have to do the entirety of Chapter 8 so that you can complete Victory Lap before you're allowed in.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 4, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghostlight posted:

I distinctly remember not being able to do it at all on my Psylocke a few days ago. I just prestiged Rocket and I can't enter the rainbow bridge at all - the cutscene doesn't trigger nor does the portal appear.

e: you have to do the entirety of Chapter 8 so that you can complete Victory Lap before you're allowed in.

This makes more sense. Once you've talked to Fury post-Doom you can skip straight to the Ancient Ruin Site, but I hadn't tried without doing Chapter 8 (because I was cosmicing [yes I know we talked about this in-game]).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ghostlight posted:

Haha, the hell kind of sense is this even supposed to make?

Oh, right. :gaz:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

is boomerang a better backup fury dump than coup de grace?

Yes. CDG's animation is way too long.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've never even heard of this Taskmaster guy.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I've never even heard of this Taskmaster guy.

He is also more commonly known as Taxmaster according to the Book of ICR

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Tacksmaster.

AzraelNewtype posted:

This makes more sense. Once you've talked to Fury post-Doom you can skip straight to the Ancient Ruin Site, but I hadn't tried without doing Chapter 8 (because I was cosmicing [yes I know we talked about this in-game]).
[It's good to post because then people outside of the one that might be one at the same time as us can know this information]

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
tastmasser

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Targmaester?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

An actual persons name: Tuur Demeester.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

fury/serum originally worked like it does right now and tornado kick spam was the goto build, but then gaz put a 1s icd on its generation before the BUE went live

so just expect it to be a "bug" that gets reverted

can't have a competitive Taskmaster now, can we?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There's a new ICP grinding event for tax day (Apr 14-18). It's kind of a mix of Midtown Madness and the St. Patrick's Day event, plus tokens to buy item boxes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They did this last year. I think this year just adds the FCs?

This is what Asros was working on. Truely, he is the worst developer.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

There's a new ICP grinding event for tax day (Apr 14-18). It's kind of a mix of Midtown Madness and the St. Patrick's Day event, plus tokens to buy item boxes.

:ssh: that post is a year old, though they are doing it again.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

:ssh: that post is a year old, though they are doing it again.

oh gently caress me

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's going to be funny if they don't bother changing the 150% xp boost part because it's still not really worth it given ICP's garbage gains.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So every day for the last 3-4 days I get a pop up that says "login tomorrow for your free wolverine team up!" and instead I just get the normal 'pick a card for a box of 800 credits' bullshit. What gives? Did :gaz: patch that out and then never update the pop ups?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Hauki posted:

So every day for the last 3-4 days I get a pop up that says "login tomorrow for your free wolverine team up!" and instead I just get the normal 'pick a card for a box of 800 credits' bullshit. What gives? Did :gaz: patch that out and then never update the pop ups?

Turn that popup off. There are only that kind of login rewards once every 25 days or so now, so maybe that's just the next one in the table. You can see exactly how many days you have vs what rewards are coming up by pushing V and switching tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I like how when the server goes down the client says 'must be on your end! you're out of memory or have an internet problem!'.