Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

thank you. only one of those things is supported by the evidence.

rosneft- the steele dossier has no credibility, and is a mish-mash of publicly available information (here's the russian economy minister announcing the sale in may 2016: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-24/russia-picks-intesa-for-rosneft-sale-as-sanctions-hurt-market) and anonymous slander.

manafort- it's really not unusual for american politicos to advise foreign leaders, nor does it make them "war criminals" if those leaders have dirty hands. it may be unseemly, but there is no transitive property of culpability. viktor yanukovych was the democratically elected president of ukraine, illegally overthrown in a coup.

michael flyyn- this is the one supported by some evidence. the article you linked notes that he notified his specific agency, but seems to have flubbed the paperwork overall. this sort of oversight is typically handled administratively with either no consequences or a slap on the wrist. it's similar in nature to hillary clinton claiming that she didn't understand classified markings when accused of mishandling them, even though there was documentary evidence that she signed indicated she had received training on that very subject.

the rosneft article says they were planning to sell it. announcing an intent to sell 19% beforehand doesn't mean that alleged involvement with the Trump admin and its quid-pro-quo with sanctions was legal. moreover, I don't see claims that the steele dossier "has no credibility" anywhere but this thread/trumpster tweets, but I do see bits and pieces constantly getting reinforced, like the rosneft deal right as Flynn is talking to 'em, or this piece from four days ago about Kalugin claims (misspelled in dossier as Kulagin) were accurate.

I won't pretend to be an expert on Ukraine foreign policy but based on surfin' wikipedia I'm pretty sure "illegally overthrown in a coup" is a rather... generous reading. "war criminal" is probably too heavy, so I'll cop to that.

I'm not claiming that hillary clinton should be protected from anything so this deflection just feels like spunky's yelling again. moreover, your characterization is a damned-if-you-do/don't situation. one of Spicy's press gaggles had a real good time where he was shouting about THE FORMS, THE FORMS, WE GAVE THEM THE FORMS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? the obvious conclusion is that either Trump let a guy violate the emoluments clause without a fuss, or he's too stupid of a "leader" to give a poo poo about that, in which case what happened to the buck stopping at the president's desk?

obviously I cannot convict tormp based on publicly available evidence, even were I a lawyer of any kind. but as an outside observer all I see is a document that keeps getting backed up while a fat blond Leslie Nielsen shouts NOTHING TO SEE HERE! FAKE NEWS! SAD! over the head-hung-low shadows of his Best People resigning in disgrace, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Ok then why are Trump and buddies keep lying about it?

They aren't, Trump is honest to a fault, he is the most inspected person in human history and they haven't found anything on him.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He's completely exposing the corruption of the government and the machinations of control that we live under. He's already delivering

No he didn't.

Unless you mean he pointed it out by doing exactly that but without the tact and secrecy while glamouring all the attention to himself so now even more people pay attention to politics and know what a useless piece of poo poo it is overall.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Prorat posted:

He has done more for America and Americans than the last 3 presidents combined.

I honestly believed this was a real trumper until this post. lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

No he didn't.

Unless you mean he pointed it out by doing exactly that but without the tact and secrecy while glamouring all the attention to himself so now even more people pay attention to politics and know what a useless piece of poo poo it is overall.

The lying media, the corrupt Uni-Party rule that crosses Dem/Republicans lines? I mean do you honestly believe anymore the Democrats and Republicans are like 2 opposing parties at each others throats still?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

Yet at the same time he wasn't in office enough to do anything worthwhile?

Care to give an actual example?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Prorat posted:

Yeah, trying to take away people's health care and failing to kick out the scary Mooslims - heckuva job, Trumpy.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The lying media, the corrupt Uni-Party rule that crosses Dem/Republicans lines? I mean do you honestly believe anymore the Democrats and Republicans are like 2 opposing parties at each others throats still?

You're missing your echos

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Calling the media "liars" when they say something you don't like is not exposing the lying media.

But gently caress that apparently the country was literally ruled by the loving illuminaty itself. All that Republican opposition in the last 4 years were apparently part of the plan.

We are in secret aliens territory now!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Yet at the same time he wasn't in office enough to do anything worthwhile?

Care to give an actual example?

Companies are now investing billions back in to the country and proposing millions of jobs, the last 3 presidents sent billions out and millions of jobs out. That alone makes him more accomplished.

Everyday another CEO goes into his office and comes out with an announcement like this. You wouldn't know this if you get your info for the MSM.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Majorian posted:

Yeah, trying to take away people's health care and failing to kick out the scary Mooslims - heckuva job, Trumpy.

He even failed at that, he cannot even become the horrible monster we all want him to be!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Prorat posted:

lol

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

None of this is reality. You live in an alternate universe.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Prorat posted:

This is the first thing you've said that makes complete sense to me.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Prorat posted:

Companies are now investing billions back in to the country and proposing millions of jobs, the last 3 presidents sent billions out and millions of jobs out. That alone makes him more accomplished.

Everyday another CEO goes into his office and comes out with an announcement like this. You wouldn't know this if you get your info for the MSM.

It's a shame Obama and Bush never pulled the "JOBS" lever, you know that one that makes more jobs.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

It's a shame Obama and Bush never pulled the "JOBS" lever, you know that one that makes more jobs.

No they purposely sent jobs and money out of the country. Obama said there is no magic wand that brings jobs back. A president referenced magic. (he is a liar)

Trump actually is bringing jobs back, creating jobs, and getting companies to invest billions back into the country.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

No they purposely sent jobs and money out of the country. Obama said there is no magic wand that brings jobs back. A president referenced magic. (he is a liar)

Trump actually is bringing jobs back, creating jobs, and getting companies to invest billions back into the country.

You are literally making poo poo up right now

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Obama had the worst economic growth of any president since WW2

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Prorat posted:

I'm starting to think I'm being trolled and there is no way you're actually this stupid.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Prorat posted:

I have absolutely zero doubt that this is the truth, yes.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Prorat posted:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I created a million jobs once too and nobody reported on it, story checks out. LAMEstream media

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
So we're just going to ignore the fact that Trump trusts fox and friends more than the intelligence people in the actual government he controls? Lets pretend this is normal and talk about jobs.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bholder posted:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Obama had the worst economic growth of any president since WW2

The Trump administration will produce less growth overall than the Obama administration (presuming 8 years.) The administration after Trump will produce less growth than Trump's administration, etc until full failure.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Feminasty Slut posted:

So we're just going to ignore the fact that Trump trusts fox and friends more than the intelligence people in the actual government he controls? Lets pretend this is normal and talk about jobs.

He created MILLIONS OF JOBS, HE WENT TO CARRIER AND PUT A GUN TO THEIR HEAD AND SAID MAKE JOB AND THEY MADE BIGLY JOB

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzjty76s4Y4

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Yes, only Trump can reverse nearly 50 some years of manufacturing and mining sector decay because *fart*

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

god, i miss obama.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Yes, only Trump can reverse nearly 50 some years of manufacturing and mining sector decay because *fart*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States#/media/File:US_coal_production.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States

We were at the height of coal production in 2008 before Obama's regulation, you've been brainwashed into thinking coal is dead and has been dead for "nearly 50 years"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You are claiming that there literally is a Magic Wand that creates jobs from nothing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Feminasty Slut posted:

Bigots like to use it as a distraction. I'm not a fearful bigot I voted for Trump because he's gonna give me a job! You're hired! Spunky/Prorat are persistent and sadly the persistence wears people down. It's an exercise in futility to even try to engage with them, people can't resist though. Stop engaging they are just here to stir up poo poo.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 3, 2017

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Prorat posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States#/media/File:US_coal_production.png

We were at the height of coal production in 2008 before Obama's regulation, you've been brainwashed into thinking coal is dead and has been dead for "nearly 50 years"

Coal should stay dead, propping up lovely areas that are completely economically dependent on an environmentally disastrous finite resource is really loving stupid.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Coal should stay dead, propping up lovely areas that are completely economically dependent on an environmentally disastrous finite resource is really loving stupid.

That's just your opinion. And is irrelevant to this discussion.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Prorat posted:

That's just your opinion. And is irrelevant to this discussion.

enjoy dumping toxic water in rivers to prop up lovely rust belt towns for another couple years that are going to die anyways. :shrug:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

Have you actually read that page?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Prorat posted:

if only you had read your own link :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States#Coal_mining_employment

quote:

By 2017, the coal industry employed approximately 77,000 miners. Since 2011 60,000 jobs were lost.

US employment in coal mining peaked in 1923, when there were 863,000 coal miners.[20] Since then, mechanization has greatly improved productivity in coal mining, so that employment has declined at the same time coal production increased. The average number of coal mining employees declined to 65,400 in 2015.[21] This was below the previous low of 70,000 in 2003, and the lowest number of US coal miners in at least 125 years

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Prorat posted:

i know i'm pissing into the wind with you but uh, you're sharing production, not jobs

like the whole point of this deal is how advancing technology means that you don't need to throw hundreds of warm bodies into the ground to get the nice rocks back out, you can just get twenty dudes and some fancy equipment to do it for cheaper. unless you plan on federal amishization or something. efb I guess

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bholder posted:

Have you actually read that page?

You know he hasn't.

World War Mammories posted:

i know i'm pissing into the wind with you

Phrasing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006