Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

That's Lithuania, which absolutely deserves everything Russia might throw at them.
explains why you like csgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

explains why you like csgo

The memories of Poland-Lithuania's brutal tyranny are still fresh.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

lol just saw a bit of an interview with a belgian f-16 pilot in iraq - they're finally getting some attention after the whole mosul thing which they may or may not have been involved in - and while they're watching images of strikes, the interviewer mentions 'that's power, you're deciding life or death' to which military man says 'i don't know about that. ultimately we're not the ones who decide who lives or dies. we're just following orders' lmao

also later, the interviewer asks why a ragtag army like is hasn't been wiped out yet and the military guy starts talking about how their effectiveness is hampered by their roe because they're doing a "constructive war" where they try to avoid """unnecessary damage"""" and want to avoid the mistakes of 2003. lol wtg

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

He forgot his carpet for the slide.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

lol just saw a bit of an interview with a belgian f-16 pilot in iraq - they're finally getting some attention after the whole mosul thing which they may or may not have been involved in - and while they're watching images of strikes, the interviewer mentions 'that's power, you're deciding life or death' to which military man says 'i don't know about that. ultimately we're not the ones who decide who lives or dies. we're just following orders' lmao

also later, the interviewer asks why a ragtag army like is hasn't been wiped out yet and the military guy starts talking about how their effectiveness is hampered by their roe because they're doing a "constructive war" where they try to avoid """unnecessary damage"""" and want to avoid the mistakes of 2003. lol wtg

Mr Hootington posted:

He forgot his carpet for the slide.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sounds dubious, op.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Navy wants soldiers who can concentrate better and learn faster, and it's looking at a controversial piece of tech to do that: transcranial electrical stimulation. It has been testing a passive brain-stimulating device from Halo Neuroscience with "a small group of volunteers" from Seal Team Six, the group that killed Osama Bin Laden, and other units, according to Military.com. "Early results show promising signs," said spokesman Capt. Jason Salata in a statement.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdnti-wNh10

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wow, the DARPA project I worked on a little was related to that (trying to figure out where to TMS sleep-deprived brains back to make them more like not-sleep-deprived brains, specifically... nut didn't seem very crack-able tbh)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pangstrom posted:

Wow, the DARPA project I worked on a little was related to that (trying to figure out where to TMS sleep-deprived brains back to make them more like not-sleep-deprived brains, specifically... nut didn't seem very crack-able tbh)
i saw similar thing about olympic athletes, https://www.haloneuro.com/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Eh, I'm sceptical.

No character customization a la Saints Row and trying to copy the stylings of Saturday Morning cartoons. Two big Mehs for me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Eh, I'm sceptical.

No character customization a la Saints Row and trying to copy the stylings of Saturday Morning cartoons. Two big Mehs for me.
i dont care that much about customisation but the style is absolutely off for me. gg will probably enjoy it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The style isn't an absolute off for me, but considering I didn't watch cartoons when growing up, I don't have any nostalgia for that kind of stuff either.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

The style isn't an absolute off for me, but considering I didn't watch cartoons when growing up, I don't have any nostalgia for that kind of stuff either.
i meant less visual, and more the storytelling. visual style of a game is the last thing i care about, given sufficient clarity in presentation

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i saw similar thing about olympic athletes, https://www.haloneuro.com/
Hey if it works, whatever, though I'm skeptical. My butt starts puckering the earlier and more prominently a place mentions "plasticity"... A couple folks I know work for the "Neuroleadership Institute" and it's basically just standard management consultancy with a neuroscience veneer. They are doing great business because corporations are easy marks for that stuff.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pangstrom posted:

Hey if it works, whatever, though I'm skeptical. My butt starts puckering the earlier and more prominently a place mentions "plasticity"... A couple folks I know work for the "Neuroleadership Institute" and it's basically just standard management consultancy with a neuroscience veneer. They are doing great business because corporations are easy marks for that stuff.
who knows if it works. all i can tell you is that these haloneuro folks did make rounds in american tech media some time ago

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randler there is eso birthday event for 2 weeks, starts tomorrow

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

randler there is eso birthday event for 2 weeks, starts tomorrow

*Hist intensifies*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, speaking of MMOs

https://mmos.com/news/wildstar-2-officially-announced-launching-mid-2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hmm

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Yeah, you're right. I guess Wildstar is technically more a of a MO. :smuggo:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"Kim Taek-Jin, CEO of NCSoft commented, “WildStar remains one of our most popular franchises"

hmmmmm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Yeah, you're right. I guess Wildstar is technically more a of a MO. :smuggo:
that's rude to mortal online

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anyways ill be preparing for hmo mmo meltdown over wildstar 2 and the arabian adventures of my friends in it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

anyways ill be preparing for hmo mmo meltdown over wildstar 2 and the arabian adventures of my friends in it

Is April's Fool.

But considering Age of Wushu 2 is a thing...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Is April's Fool.

But considering Age of Wushu 2 is a thing...
drat, the aftershocks did get me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Play secret world after it relaunches. :iia:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
The secretary of the interior said we had to mine national parks and lands so that we wouldn't have to go to war with other states for their coal because we are living in 1890.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mr Hootington posted:

That's the plan. TSW itself always looked too old and janky for me to try.

I hope they don't screw up relaunch with excessive F2P stuff. :ohdear:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Are they making the combat better?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Gin and Juche posted:

The secretary of the interior said we had to mine national parks and lands so that we wouldn't have to go to war with other states for their coal because we are living in 1890.
there are still some bison left, let's finish the job

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Mr E posted:

Are they making the combat better?

Funcom says they are streamlining and simplifying the combat and skills. The retooled game is in closed beta right now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's a new mod?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Volkerball posted:

There's a new mod?

it's communism guy.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008