Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Vaah posted:

Here's hoping for a NJPW invasion with Finn Nak Gallows and Anderson coming out together and wrecking poo poo

That'd be a good way to introduce nak, even though he wasn't bullet club, but who cares. Since AJ is probably leaving SD they could write a rivalry storyline about leadership of Totally Not Bullet Club to jump start the new year, and get Finn in his first real main roster storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vaah posted:

Here's hoping for a NJPW invasion with Finn Nak Gallows and Anderson coming out together and wrecking poo poo

They should set that up as going to happen, but then like someone said earlier, the Hardys dip the Club into the Lake of Regeneration and we get Chadd 2 Badd and Festus, but then Festus falls in again and we get Tex Ferguson.

Nakamura also needs to go to Smackdown.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I hope the Hardys only signed like a 2 month contract. They can't leave The Crash hanging for too long.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I missed Takeover. Definitely worth catching up on?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I also just really like the idea of super over heel Nakamura.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

I actually loved that touch to later Brock/Taker matches. Taker realizing that he is outclassed in every possible way, couldn't beat Brock in a fair fight, then saying gently caress it and taking the fight to the ditch.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I missed Takeover. Definitely worth catching up on?

yeah, great show

Chromatic posted:

I actually loved that touch to later Brock/Taker matches. Taker realizing that he is outclassed in every possible way, couldn't beat Brock in a fair fight, then saying gently caress it and taking the fight to the ditch.

i remember loving the taker/brock rematch at summerslam. the visual of a bloody lesnar giving undertaker the middle finger before passing out is peak wwe.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 3, 2017

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I legit wonder how much that final undertaker hat/coat/gloves would be worth? If I was in the audience I might risk trying to steal them before I have my femur snapped by Super Security Woman tackling me.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Am I right in thinking there were no backstage segments last night? It was just match--Network ad--match--VT--match--that Pitbull oval office--match, the whole night?

Where was Bryan? Shouldn't the kayfabe booker of Smackdown have been on the show if the other half of the team was wrestling?

Made Mania feel like less of an in-universe big deal without the backstage shenanigans.

Still, no Pee Wee Herman poo poo either.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also several times I felt like JR was totally unenthused and off his game and I had to stop and remind myself that there's a pretty loving good reason for that. :smith:

Yeah, having to call a Roman match can take it out of anyone.

magnum_valentino posted:

Am I right in thinking there were no backstage segments last night? It was just match--Network ad--match--VT--match--that Pitbull oval office--match, the whole night?

There was a weird threadbare feeling to the presentation all night. That sounds crazy when talking about a huge show in a stadium with fireworks and an 80-yard LCD ramp, but like you said it was just a series of matches without any real showmanship in between. Even the entrances were kinda simple compared to Bray's scarecrows or live theme performances. Triple H's entrance felt like a last minute "oh poo poo we forgot to get a costume for Halloween" throw-together compared to rising out of the floor with severed Terminator heads.

Erebus fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It didn't help the main event that there had been a match shortly before it that also had been booked completely around the spear that was both much more intense and had much better looking spears involved.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They had hype videos which was fine. WM being a "season finale" means there's not much backstage segments can accomplish that videos and matches don't.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Also it was already 7 hours long

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They spent all their money on the ramp and fireworks and couldn't afford to do any really crazy entrances.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally i feel I was cheated out of a backstage segment this year because if there was one I feel it would with 100% certainty included Jim Duggan dabbing because Wrestlemania

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

magnum_valentino posted:

I guess the pre-recorded half of Goldberg's entrance was 'backstage'?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thrilled for...RAW?!?

Gotta see what direction WWE wants to go from here. And if they want to feed my favorite mans Finn to Roman for dropping a fat log in his freshly mowed yard.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The ramp ate the back stage. Can anyone beat The Ascension? Ramp and ramp snake can.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm sad there was no fight up and/or down the ramp

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Gotta see what direction WWE wants to go from here.
Down

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The song during the Reigns/Old Man match promo video was really good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Gotta see what direction WWE wants to go from here. And if they want to feed my favorite mans Finn to Roman for dropping a fat log in his freshly mowed yard.

Post WM Raws and hopefully to a lesser degree Smackdown, now, are usually bonkers. And if/when Roman shows up the crowd will pull their asses apart and poo poo all over him. Or even better just not react at all and just give complete silence.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
R
_A
__M
_P
S
_N
__A
_K
E
I
_S
__R
_E
A
_L

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:same:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Golashes posted:

R
_A
__M
_P
S
_N
__A
_K
E
I
_S
__R
_E
A
_L

Ramp Snake is just one aspect of The Massive Ramp, the best character on the show.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

Just woke up

Current mood: Thinking about Ramp Snake

That snake was so good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Also someone needs to go time it because I'm pretty sure New Day actually talked more in previous shows than the Wrestlemania where they hosted the whole thing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Golashes posted:

R
_A
__M
_P
S
_N
__A
_K
E
I
_S
__R
_E
A
_L

So are Michael Cole's favorite Final Fantasy characters, Chocobo and Moogle.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Because the WWE wants this from me, I have decided that some days I will like Roman and other days I won't! Because sometimes he will be a big dog and other days he may be the little dog.

Today, I have decided that I will not like Roman. I will say bad things about him in the Raw thread.

But team, hear me out: Next week, I am going to like Roman and I will say good things in the thread.

It's just the weird and wacky world we live in and I will do my duty as a fan because this is what you want from me HHH, the king of my kingdom.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I, for one, am proud that we are all now in the Big Dog's Yard

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chris James 2 posted:

So let me ask about the new Mania tradition, The New Streak

How's Bray going to look godawful next Mania? My guess is he loses to Shane

He looked respectable in his loss to Taker, was a solid match.

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm a tremendous Reigns fan and I still think it takes incredible amount of balls to say "he has good matches" immediately after the worst Mania main event in at least a full decade

I didn't think it was the worst. I was more into it than last year's, but I'm also a Taker mark. One of those Cena/Rock matches was a complete snoozefest too.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 3, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hammerstein posted:

WM28 was the perfect moment when the old guard should have ridden off together into the sunset. The only smart one was Shawn. Trips is still trying to catch up to become as legendary as his contemporaries, something he will never achieve, no matter how hard he tries and how ridiculous his entrances become. And Taker long overstayed his welcome.

If no young talent to retire Taker is at hand, then why not use a respected veteran instead. Shawn vs Ric was the best example how to do it. But no, they had to give the rub to their chosen one and it was a disaster unworthy of someone like Taker.

Good timing for HBK, and I'm happy for Undertaker that he's finally retired and can take it easy, but I've enjoyed a good amount of his work since then. And I actually think Triple H has done some good, at least he did help get Rollins as a babyface over. And technically he also helped get Rollins as a heel over. And we wouldn't have the Daniel Bryan epic story stuff if he retired back then.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Next year Triple H comes out riding a Half-Life Strider

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

super macho dude posted:

Next year Triple H comes out riding a Half-Life Strider
Whatever he comes out in it'll probably be some Mardi Gras bullshit

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Chris James 2 posted:

So let me ask about the new Mania tradition, The New Streak

How's Bray going to look godawful next Mania? My guess is he loses to Shane

Nobody! Even if you seem to have potential or an up and comer you're kind of screwed since you're probably going to lose to a part timer/bigger star or slotted into the AMBR. :shrug:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

HHH and Stephanie McMahon kick off Raw and come out wearing JNCOs and pierced eyebrows! Will the Brain Assassin call out Seth Rollins for a rematch?

Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over The Undertaker, will take a giant poo poo, LIVE on Monday Night Raw, declaring once and for all that the ring is definitively his yard!

The Hardy Boyz, after an incredible return and victory, will dance their tails off and wear see-through shirts and lead the crowd into a rave remix of the Chicken Dance! Will The Club come out to put a stop to their celebration?

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

That's tonight in Orlando, FL! MONDAY! NIGHT! RAW!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

take it easy pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jiro posted:

Post WM Raws and hopefully to a lesser degree Smackdown, now, are usually bonkers. And if/when Roman shows up the crowd will pull their asses apart and poo poo all over him. Or even better just not react at all and just give complete silence.

That's a good idea and I'd be very impressed by the display of self control and teamwork. We gotta figure out how to make this happen.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

~~xXxMONDAYNIGHTRAWPREVIEWLIVEONUSAxXx~~

Tonight's Main Event is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in an Iron Man Match! Will Goldberg survive Suplex City for 60 minutes?

I actually wanna see this one.

• Locked thread