Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Hmm yes these retard dumpster hillbillies who stole from us, and when confronted threw me into a pit with a zombie that died in costume during the filming of a Mad Max sequel, these guys are trustworthy and we should give them a ton of guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Anyway the fact that the trash people were able to get the drop on them was just poor planning on Rick's part. It's like he intentionally paired up one trash person with one Alexandrian so they'd instantly all be covered. Rick should have been surrounded by his most loyal people and nobody should have been allowed to touch the bombs but his group.

This definitely confused me because I didn't think there were any trash people near the bombs when they were being set up. And why they decided to trust a wireless trigger, when they could have set up a much more secure wired one is beyond me. This long after society broke down, I wouldn't trust things to work, and would go as simple as possible.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Iowa Snow King posted:

Rick and Negan have a five minute conversation about which side the dead guy was on

Nobody can remember ever seeing him before

That's a show I could watch

I mean, I'm expecting the 'war' to get stretched out over all of next season, Hell, maybe partway into 9, I wholly expect there to be lots of cushy padding. This sort of mystery could fill a whole episode!

All the leaders pause to try and negotiate, and in the brief cease fire, everyone takes the opportunity to dispose of their dead.

Cut to a tense standoff of an Alexandrian, a Kingdom guy, a Hilltop guy, a Savior and a Trashman, all standing around something.

Gabriel hustles over, already exhausted from saying quick Hail Marys for all the dead.

A dead body on the ground. The tense conversation? Nobody knows who the gently caress the dead guy is. Cue forty minutes of them puzzling over the fact, while Gabriel tries to look for clues, since he 'used to watch CSI a lot'

The negotiations are getting tense, when Jerry bursts into the room, frantic and out of breath. They need to get out there, fast!

Everyone has gathered around awaiting Gabriel's conclusion. After promising build up... no, he is just as stumped as everyone else.

Negotiations resume; briefly. Peace isn't achieved, but they've at least decided what color bandanna each group has to wear.

The following episode, Negan rants to Simon and Eugene that everyone's going to die now because the Saviors ended up with pink camo.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a stupid loving finale.

Here I'll write a better one:

Rick bites Negans ear off. That is all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dolphin posted:

What a stupid loving finale.

Here I'll write a better one:

Rick bites Negans ear off. That is all.

He was definitely in bite range. That would have been infinitely more reasonable than "yeah whatever kill my kid and somehow remove my hands with a baseball bat i don't even care". At least then maybe negan would talk about his balls for a bit before reducing his punishment to something less severe.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

What are you talking about? The trash people aren't in the comics, though...?

Whoops never mind, what friend relayed was wrong after clarification.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

spudsbuckley posted:

Also, Rick seemed to forget he got shot.

Hahahaha, that was the best. Shot and then kicked off a 12-foot platform.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 3, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lame finale, and season, but tiger attack out of loving nowhere was hilarious, at least.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I was actually surprised by the trash peoples betrayal. I thought they were to stupid to live in the best circumstances, much less be double agents in a zombie apocolypse.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Fog Tripper posted:

Hahahaha, that was the best. Shot and then kicked off a 12-foot platform.

He was ok afterwards though.

Sitting bedside to Michonne who got punched a couple of times with a bullet in his gut. Not a loving bother on him.

It's like 4 different people direct each episode and don't read each others notes at all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

was that seriously the season finale

here's this whole season summed up:

negan kills some people and they fight back, no one of consequence dies

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BonoMan posted:

Oh hey did anybody mention that Maggie is the only girl that I've ever known to get skinnier the more along her pregnancy gets?

drat. My dumb Walking Dead watching brain just assumed they must have skipped over the birth and woefully misscast a blonde toddler as her baby, but no.. :aaaaa:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It's really amazing that if you look at comments on social media about this episode or the entire season people are still breaking their arms jerking off about it

How the gently caress can any person who knows their mouth from their rear end in a top hat think this is good TV?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

To be fair it was much better than almost every episode this entire season. Being the least rotten pile of poo poo in the most recent giant pile is enough for some people to keep watching.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Guy Goodbody posted:

How loving stupid is it that this show doesn't even have recurring extras? If they're gonna be so gutless that they won't kill a single named character in the loving ten minute long season finale firefight, at least they should at least have established recurring extras so the audience can go, "oh no, they killed that guy who shows up in the background carrying lumber sometimes"

There's a couple that have been around the last few seasons. There's the bald guy that is Sasha's IRL husband, and the woman with short black hair. They fought in the finale and also made the trip to Oceanside, which I like because it makes the world feel real (at least a little bit) and that the story isn't just about Our Heroes. I fully expected the man to die since Sasha is now off the show. That he lived was, to me, the most surprising thing about the finale.

I don't have a problem with Sasha's flashbacks. She's been on the show over half its span, and it's acceptable to give her a proper sendoff. However, like another posted said, the "I had a dream..." plot device is one of the corniest, eyeroll-inducing things a TV show or film can have. What was also jarring were the scenes with Sasha and Maggie sitting in the field.

Overall, the finale was too predictable. Worse, it was paint-by-numbers. I binge watched the show during 6A*, and the battles at the farm and prison had more suspense even though I had a rough idea of which characters were still alive.

*Since I only got into TWD during late 2015, I still feel like a new fan. I understand many of you are frustrated. But I am still excited for new episodes and these characters. (Excited, but I'm not optimistic about how AMC will handle them).

I believe the show is too big for its britches. It has the suit and money problem. AMC sees it as its cash cow and it's just so painfully obvious that so many episodes and plots have the company suits sinking their claws in, saying how things should go. The narrative is always suffering because of polls, ratings, shareholders, and focus groups. The show is now all about playing it safe.

Speaking of safe, I liked during the flashback when Sasha said Maggie should take care of Maggie. It's refreshing to see a Good Guy not be a Good Guy for a moment. There's an old trope that goes "Good fiction is people misbehaving." Lately TWD has been lukewarm, bland, middle-of-the-road, right down to the monologues. It doesn't feel controversial, and it needs complexity. The finale had all the different communities firing madly in a fog and there wasn't a single friendly fire incident. Something like that could add some much needed depth.

The safe-ness is my main problem with the show. There's honestly not a single character or actor that I dislike. It's all the decision-makers, the higher-ups, the suits and money trying to force a product that appeals to all.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

yeah I eat rear end posted:

To be fair it was much better than almost every episode this entire season. Being the least rotten pile of poo poo in the most recent giant pile is enough for some people to keep watching.

If the season had just been the first and last episodes with everything else condensed into one middle episode it would have been sweet. The best thing is that they've used all of the comic story arc now so the next season will be entirely plucked from from whatever crevice gave us the dump mullets.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ProperCoochie posted:

and the woman with short black hair.

Francine? I keep wishing they'd give her a bigger part just because I went to school with her sister and they were both really nice. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be a living character who only gets like 30 seconds of screen time per season while being spammed with facebook posts asking if she'll be in the next episode. At least the random people in the camps in the early seasons said/did something occasionally.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Uh, what happened with Gregory?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish SMG watched this show

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

Uh, what happened with Gregory?
His actor is taking a vacation under the dumpster so when trash queen has Rick's head at gunpoint in the S8 mid-season finale, he'll jump out and kill her.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Shitenshi posted:

His actor is taking a vacation under the dumpster so when trash queen has Rick's head at gunpoint in the S8 mid-season finale, he'll jump out and kill her.

Yes, of course...

But what was the point of the whole "pack your bags we're going on a road trip!" garbage, when negan clearly knows Maggie is alive now and Hilltop helped Rickroll?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Does anyone here like this show?

I like this show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ProperCoochie posted:

There's a couple that have been around the last few seasons. There's the bald guy that is Sasha's IRL husband, and the woman with short black hair. They fought in the finale and also made the trip to Oceanside, which I like because it makes the world feel real (at least a little bit) and that the story isn't just about Our Heroes.

There's Tobin and Eric. Tobin was the guy that was sweet on Carol before she took off, and Eric just kinda shows up when Aaron's not trying off trying to steal boats. The fact that the camera focused on the five or six 'named extras' during the Oceanside robbery and the initial fight seems like they're trying to remind viewers 'oh hey! Remember these guys?!'

I would bet none of them make it out alive.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Two Finger posted:

was that seriously the season finale

here's this whole season summed up:

negan kills some people and they fight back, no one of consequence dies

It's amazing that this season is the longest season in runtime. 12/16 episodes were extended.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Is this season being received negatively elsewhere or is this thread extra brutal?

I think this season has been a low point and that the show is making GBS threads on its viewers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Shneak posted:

It's amazing that this season is the longest season in runtime. 12/16 episodes were extended.

It's easy to make episodes long when people just stare at each other all day

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I like this show.

Could you give an honest answer as to what is good about the show? Did you become a fan recently? Have you been watching week to week or binging it?

I can't understand how people think this show is good right now. This season has been the worst TV I've ever seen.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Gonna watch the finale tonight. This is the first time I've ever read the thread before watching the episode but at this point I don't even care about spoilers anymore.

Stickarts posted:

So when Glenn hid under the dumpster, did trashkru take that as illegal border hopping into their enclave or something?

I laughed.

Captain Log posted:

I like this show.

I like it, but there's a lot of ridiculous, indefensible poo poo that happens in this show. I don't consider myself a hate-watcher but I'm still going to poke fun at the dumb things that happen.

EDIT: I'm kind of starting to lose interest though, I always used to watch it on Sunday night. Now I don't really care when I watch it.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 3, 2017

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Captain Log posted:

I like this show.

I'm just here so I'd have something to watch until Z-Nation starts up again. At least that show has the balls to end its seasons with nuclear hellfire and alien spaceships.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Stickarts posted:

So when Glenn hid under the dumpster, did trashkru take that as illegal border hopping into their enclave or something?

The popular theory is that the trash people inserted a doppelganger of Glen into the group from under the dumpster and are holding Glen hostage elsewhere. It was unfortunate that their plant got killed by Negan before it could do it's work. Expect Glen to be rescued/found when Rick and company pound the dump people.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Captain Log posted:

I like this show.

I liked it in spite of its flaws up through nearly the end of the previous season. This last season finally wore me out.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Log posted:

I like this show.

I do. I think it is incredibly flawed and stalling out, but I like zombies and the characters so I put it on the day after while I'm doing things around the house. I definitely miss some details because I'm not hyper focused while watching but I haven't gotten to the point where I'm super frustrated. I hadn't even heard of the comic before I started watching so I have no idea how much that affects my opinion, though.

e: it also fits my opinion that most shows should stick to ~10-ish episodes a season. Tightening this show up would make it a hell of a lot better, because while I generally like the direction of the overarching plot, there are a bunch of random stretches or even full episodes where we're just watching zombie hunting or people sitting alone pondering stuff and it doesn't matter a bit.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 3, 2017

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sammus posted:

I'm just here so I'd have something to watch until Z-Nation starts up again. At least that show has the balls to end its seasons with nuclear hellfire and alien spaceships.

Same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeKuqbkP97w

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 3, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ToadStyle posted:

But there's already a better zombie show with Zany Trash Crew-style episodes. Walking Dead's only appeal is that it's the "serious, gritty" zombie show.

Walking Dead is the GTA to Z-Nation's Saints Row, except if GTA just sucked

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So the biggest problem here is that the show continues to follow the comics to a great extent. Give we can see where the comics are right now it would be a very bad choice to go on with the next tedious plot lines in the show. This show is a ratings whore though and as long as it pulls 10 million an episode they don't care how bad it is. It's The Big Bang Theory of zombies.

I have to disagree entirely. I don't read the comic but EVERY single time I see a comparison, the AMC version hosed up the comic version really badly.

AMC's directors are terrible. The writers had PLENTY of material to work with to make compelling stories around the concepts presented, and failed. Maybe the comic is as hot garbage as everyone says it is, but AMC's writing and directing is the problem here. Nothing else. If they're adapting stupid stuff they're failing at adaptation.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 3, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It sucks that there wasn't enough in the budget to give Maggie a little baby bump

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm glad I didn't hear Maggie's PHALANX OUT :shrek: line. I probably would've just turned the show off right then, jfc

See that wouldn't have made me cringe if she actually had trained people who knew how to make a Phalanx, were making a Phalanx or you know, weren't running around in a gun battle..

Holyshoot posted:

I guess if people are miffed that rick trusted the dumpster people after a 2 min fight match with a zombie. That fight match lasts two issues in the books and has more impact as to why he trusted them. So bad translation from book to show.

Are they even in the comics? I was under the impression the trash people were all AMC.

BonoMan posted:

Oh hey did anybody mention that Maggie is the only girl that I've ever known to get skinnier the more along her pregnancy gets?

Don't forget, she's only been pregnant for like a month, hilariously.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 3, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao not a single one of those fuckers thought to shoot at Negan's truck's tires

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao not a single one of those fuckers thought to shoot at Negan's truck's tires

I honestly would have given this episode +2 stars if Gabriel blew Negan's finger off though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Same

Also, did the trash people ever say what they wanted ten of? I assume people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

It's easy to make episodes long when people just stare at each other all day

It's Dragon Ball Z. except instead of powering up an energy blast, characters just stare