Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Jeez. Let's just raid the NBA draft then why don't you.

Yao Ming come on down! Just run to the endzone and stand there, Rex Grossman gonna air it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I remember this happening the past few years but can't recall any of the potential TEs names so it hasn't been stellar success in the past.

jimmy graham

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

jimmy graham

You mean George Fant.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

jimmy graham

Did you know that Jimmy Graham played football in College?

I'm talking about people like Rico Gathers. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658858/article/cowboys-draft-former-baylor-hoops-star-rico-gathers

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The Colts have Erik Swoope at TE, a former Miami basketball player who had never played organized football before they signed him. He's come along nicely, enough that they felt confident in trading away Dwayne Allen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gatts posted:

Jeez. Let's just raid the NBA draft then why don't you.

Yao Ming come on down! Just run to the endzone and stand there, Rex Grossman gonna air it to you.

Manute Bol for tight end.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Cian Fahey really doesn't like this fella (click for a bunch of gifs of this dude sucking.)
Fahey is pro-Trubisky.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Did you know that Jimmy Graham played football in College?

I'm talking about people like Rico Gathers. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658858/article/cowboys-draft-former-baylor-hoops-star-rico-gathers

Demetrius Harris is a basketball only tight end through college who is semi-successful. Successful enough to sign a second contract if nothing else.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Manute Bol for tight end.

Isn't he dead?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn't he dead?

Yes. Bol Bol for tight end in 2021.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn't he dead?

I found out after he died that he lived in the same suburb as me toward the end of his life. If I'd have known that before I would have tried to meet him at one of his events, he was trying to raise money for Sudan right up until he died.

From everything I can find he was a great guy that unfortunately is remembered for some of the dumber charity things he agreed to.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn't he dead?

Well that's a sad fact I learned today. :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Manut Bio's son could be a tight end. His name is Bol Bol

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Cowboys drafted rico gathers in the 6th round last year despite him never playing a down of college football, only basketball. Hopefully he's better than gaving loving escobar.

Edit: Did not see puppy bowls post. Looks like he's gonna be practice squad fodder at best.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think if the Bears tried signing a basketball player to convert to TE, they'd draft Muggsy Bogues. He'd probably be less injury prone than Zack Miller.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mccaffery is going to end up a WR isn't he.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Diqnol posted:

No.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Diqnol posted:

No, but if he gets to start the whole season he's going to end up on the Madden cover.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chichevache posted:

No, but if he gets to start the whole season he's going to end up on the Madden cover.

Ah, so he's going to Peyton Hillis himself out of the league?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Chichevache posted:

He'll have a statue outside of Lambeau or Gillette Stadium by 2025.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

McCaffrey's upper body needs a lot of work so it's conceivable that he could begin his career in a Harvin type role, or be a third down back for a while. He's not going to have the room to run with like he did in Stanford. He also tested way better than I expected which could be a bit workout warrior red flaggish to me. I think his game is similar to Dalvin Cook but Cook does it better and can actually break tackles.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

McCaffrey's upper body needs a lot of work so it's conceivable that he could begin his career in a Harvin type role, or be a third down back for a while. He's not going to have the room to run with like he did in Stanford. He also tested way better than I expected which could be a bit workout warrior red flaggish to me. I think his game is similar to Dalvin Cook but Cook does it better and can actually break tackles.

So if he's a workout warrior and needs work on his upper body, it might stand to reason that he can't get strong enough.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A man who realizes that a strong, supple butt, hammies and quads are so much nicer to enjoy and look at than torso and arm muscles..a man after my own heart

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A man who never skips leg day is a great man

He seems pretty cerebral and tough and deceptively fast, good character and football IQ. A leader as opposed to guys who are pretty much just athletes like Cook and Fournette

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

He seems pretty cerebral and tough and deceptively fast, good character and football IQ. A leader as opposed to guys who are pretty much just athletes like Cook and Fournette

I'd say he leans more towards the Jordy Nelson 'oh poo poo he's actually an athlete huh?' scale of white guys.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

whiteathletevsblackathlete.jpg

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I am disgusted by Chiefs fans wanting McCaffrey. Disgusted. They could win the Superbowl and it'd be lesser for his presence. Because you know his dad would be in the stands and do you really want that? Do you want Ed McCaffrey to be happy? I hope not.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 3, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I am disgusted by Chiefs fans wanting McCaffrey. Disgusted. They could win the Superbowl and it'd be lesser for his presence. Because you know his dad would be in the stands and do you really want that? Do you want Ed McCaffrey to be happy? I hope not.

this is the kind of hatred I get off on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

So if he's a workout warrior and needs work on his upper body, it might stand to reason that he can't get strong enough.

That's always possible. There's a bunch of guys in the NFL that look like horses from the waist down but play DB or WR/TE. RBs are the LB equivalent on offense and kinda need that upper body in order to take impact away from their legs. No doubt McCaffreys a big guy but he has work to do til he looks like David Johnson or Leveon.

Intruder posted:

Fournette's pretty smart at football and tough as nails. He also has great character considering he kept his nose totally clean growing up in a really lovely ghetto.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My body is ready for fournette.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Fournette's pretty smart at football and tough as nails. He also has great character considering he kept his nose totally clean growing up in a really lovely ghetto.

I mean it's not like I was seriousposting there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

consider your audience

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

I sometimes forget we're on a comedy website. I used to think a lot of posting on this site was tongue in cheek but have been trained out of it by a culture of people who are Seriously That hosed Up.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 3, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sorry man. tongue or cheek. pick one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am willing to watch the world burn if it means the Chiefs burn the least on the way to the end.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What's wrong with Ed McCaffrey

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TBeats posted:

Mods?!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can feel myself losing my grip once again. I did it when the Chiefs were certainly going to draft Russell Wilson, when the Chiefs were certainly going to draft Aaron Rodgers, when they certainly were going to take a look at Colin Kaepernick.

If the Chiefs don't go after Mahomes just... If they take a defensive lineman I'm just going to...well I'm going to care less, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TBeats posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

• Locked thread