Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Logged back in for the first time in a year or so for SAB. Sad to see that there's still no world 3. Maybe next year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
The SAB guy was fired.

INTO THE SUN.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SAB guy is working on actual zones, go to them and turn your graphics down and pretend or something

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Rolled into spvp for the first time since coming back. Grabbed a metabattle build and went wild. People are still really awful in unranked matches, aren't they?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

lokipunk posted:

Rolled into spvp for the first time since coming back. Grabbed a metabattle build and went wild. People are still really awful in unranked matches, aren't they?

yeah. are you talking about video games or just generally?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

yeah. are you talking about video games or just generally?

Im one of those idiots that really likes spvp, so a little of both I guess.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm coming back after a long time away, have the HoT zones metas gotten any better? Is it still almost impossible to find a Chak Germany event that will succeed?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

a Chak Germany event

Well, if history was any indication...

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm coming back after a long time away, have the HoT zones metas gotten any better? Is it still almost impossible to find a Chak Germany event that will succeed?

Zone metas have been dramatically improved, Chak Gesundheit now succeeds with only a modicum of organisation and Dragon's Stand now gives a lot more crystalline ore per run

On a side note, two alts left!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
E-sports are actually dead :rip:

https://twitter.com/ESLGW2/status/849265788582338561

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Adhesive Gamin posted:

E-sports are actually dead :rip:

This needs an asurabutt update.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anet will refuse to accept this and schedule a special tournament with prizes!!!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry but what's been the main issues with pvp that have caused this to happen? I'm coming back from not playing for a very long time, and I used to think it was fun.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Jinh posted:

Sorry but what's been the main issues with pvp that have caused this to happen?

Nothing, it's an e-sports organization, people are simply not interested in watching this.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Seems like every ESL outside of the 3 or so big ones are dying or dead. It was the flavor or the month with each game to have an ESL, but the audience just isn't there, especially for MMO's.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

very few people care about mmo pvp in terms of watching it

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ah ok it's just that I've heard from a few people that spvp is dead/sucks now. I did look it up after posting, and apparently pro teams have to use anti-cheating software that gives them 300+ ping times, lol

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Jinh posted:

Ah ok it's just that I've heard from a few people that spvp is dead/sucks now. I did look it up after posting, and apparently pro teams have to use anti-cheating software that gives them 300+ ping times, lol

GW2 PvP is pretty awful to watch and it never really had a base on account of the lack of in-game rewards for casual players, box price, and no big prize pools to attract pro teams. Even in its heyday the barrier to entry was low enough that all but the last few brackets were absolute poo poo shows.

I calculated that I'd have to spend something like 8 hours just waiting for queues to pop in order to finish my backpack if that's any indication of how popular PvP is.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I expected better from the company that brought us GW1 PVP. :rip: HOH, you were the greatest.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ItBurns posted:

GW2 PvP is pretty awful to watch and it never really had a base on account of the lack of in-game rewards for casual players, box price, and no big prize pools to attract pro teams. Even in its heyday the barrier to entry was low enough that all but the last few brackets were absolute poo poo shows.

I calculated that I'd have to spend something like 8 hours just waiting for queues to pop in order to finish my backpack if that's any indication of how popular PvP is.

MMO pvp in general is impenetrable to any kind of casual viewing imo. It's like having a hundred dota characters share 10 actual visual appearances and expecting people to be able to process what the gently caress is going on. The perspective doesn't help with visual clarity, either.

Even having not touched League in like a year and a half and actively trying to stay up to date on GW2 pvp, it's easier to follow a League pro game than GW2 pvp.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Aug 24, 2011

bad dragonhunter makes a friend

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
That's the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I did my SAB dailies last night but didn't get any additional Crimson Assassin tokens. Aren't they supposed to be a guaranteed drop from the daily chest?

Aug 24, 2011

oh i hosed up the image

whatever i dont really care

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I did my SAB dailies last night but didn't get any additional Crimson Assassin tokens. Aren't they supposed to be a guaranteed drop from the daily chest?

So it turns out you only get one token per daily. I thought it was two. That means if you get the daily every single day... You can get one two-handed skin or two main-hands (or three off-hands). That's the dumbest.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

So it turns out you only get one token per daily. I thought it was two. That means if you get the daily every single day... You can get one two-handed skin or two main-hands (or three off-hands). That's the dumbest.

After 7 days you get a chest with 8 tokens in it, hence why people say you "average" 2 tokens per day.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Did you know the spider transform tonic works with the SAB cloud glider?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Illuyankas posted:

Did you know the spider transform tonic works with the SAB cloud glider?

What about the tree one?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Also works! The glider basically puts your character in the /crossarms emote on top of the cloud, so while the other gliders may show up weirdly or not at all for transformations the transform models should all be on top of clouds of various sizes with this one.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

What about the tree one?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone take a screenshot of it with the Nuhoch Crusher tonic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So glad I held on to my endless random quaggan illusion now.

Aug 24, 2011

despite being one of the greatest names i've thought up so far, i am still disappointed

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

an actual tragedy

Orv
May 4, 2011
As mentioned in guild chat yesterday, true modern art.

Now I just need to decide who to rename Welcom to Flavortown.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Too bad I can't name a character Slathering Of Donkey Sauce

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

CLAM DOWN posted:

Too bad I can't name a character Slathering Of Donkey Sauce

Slathering Of Donkey Sauce [GUY]

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Donkey Sauce is all you really need.