Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

But like on that one specific episode they were able to say that tons of women just stopped watching and it was because of Bayley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The_Rob posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

Household viewership figures maybe? I mean if Youtube is able to keep track of who watches your videos and keep track of your audience demographics, imagine big TV stations must have something similar.

The_Rob posted:

But like on that one specific episode they were able to say that tons of women just stopped watching and it was because of Bayley?

Most likely it's just cause and correlation, Bayley won the title and women stopped watching. Maybe it's not specifically Bayley, but that's a conclusion you could come to.

Unless there's specific feedback but don't think WWE does feedback, see Bow Wow.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 3, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The_Rob posted:

How could they legitimately keep track of that?

They keep track of demos and stuff but booking a girl you're trying to sell to small children 2 hours and 45 minutes into a show on a school night is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

They can say with certainty that there was a historic dropoff in women viewers, and that it coincided with Bayley's match, and that it was far greater than any main event segments that had Charlotte, the other person in the match with Bayley, in it.

It's entirely possible that it's a pure coincidence, but that is all the evidence they've got.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Codependent Poster posted:

lol man, that botch is completely on Roman. Drops Taker, then THE POWERHOUSE can't even lift him up again.

Bryan trying to pin that on taker was when I turned off WOL today

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Unless there's specific feedback but don't think WWE does feedback, see Bow Wow.

WWE does ridiculous amounts of feedback and audience tracking. They just don't seem to actually listen to it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Looking at it, looks equal parts both. Reigns didn't have the strength to lift him, but Taker didn't really have the strength in him either to kick himself off the ground, leaving Reigns to deadlift.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

They've been tracking viewing demographics for decades.

These kind of ratings only include a small sample of viewers, who happen to be on board with the Neilsen thing.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it looks to me like roman totally hosed up and it's 100% on him because his arms were wrapped around taker's upper back. if you wanted to lift the guy you'd do it from his lower back and frmo the looks of things that's how every reversal of that type has been done before.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSbhQbZDJN9/

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
balor, aj, hardys, nak, revival tonight?

anyone else being shifted to put raw over smackdown?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

sportsgenius86 posted:

They keep track of demos and stuff but booking a girl you're trying to sell to small children 2 hours and 45 minutes into a show on a school night is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

WWE is kept afloat by self fulfilling prophecy, see Roman outselling everyone in merch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Lmao

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

That DICK! posted:

it looks to me like roman totally hosed up and it's 100% on him because his arms were wrapped around taker's upper back. if you wanted to lift the guy you'd do it from his lower back and frmo the looks of things that's how every reversal of that type has been done before.

Yeah, if you look at an example of that type of reversal done right Reigns arms were absolutely in the wrong place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0xF-bM4IM

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i hope jinder's untimely death from heart failure is worth it to him

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Taker jumped into it before receiving the cue of Roman trying to lift him

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Bryan Alvarez was...right?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Taker jumped into it before receiving the cue of Roman trying to lift him

roman reigns wears a wig because he's bald and fat and stupid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OctoberCountry posted:

Bryan Alvarez was...right?

Imagine ragequitting a wrestling podcast because they don't bury Roman Reigns enough

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's like he is getting corrupted

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Imagine ragequitting a wrestling podcast because they don't bury Roman Reigns enough

Imagine ragequitting the podcast of the guy who peed straight into the air out of anger at Roman Reigns for not burying Roman Reigns enough.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the guy who peed straight into the air

wait is this me or is there some really incredibly hosed up wrestling podcast i'm unaware of

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait is this me or is there some really incredibly hosed up wrestling podcast i'm unaware of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhfyY5iawQ

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the undertaker deserves 68% of the blame for the botch we'll never forget. but don't forget the other 32% which is divided evenly among all of the people who have, today, watched that video of the guy singing "can you quack like a duck when we gently caress"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
J-Ru! Please prepare the RAW Discussion thread for MASSACRE!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"ITS A FIGURE OF SPEECH"
"for who?"

lmao

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

roman reigns wears a wig because he's bald and fat and stupid.

That sounds like a good reason to wear a wig.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

now you're in the sunken place

aka the raw ratings

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Dear Jesus and his friends,

Please make Raw actually good tonight. I mean, you can't even spell Raw with an A...which means A-Show. Get it Jesus?

Seriously, this is the time to start fresh and make this poo poo actually good. It's in your hands now.

Signed, me

PS: Some pretty cool debuts or re-debuts would be kinda cool.

:ohdear:

The prayer to a God that will do the exact opposite.

Also does anyone else feel that the novelty of the "Raw after WrestleMania" is going to wear out sooner than later? Like now it's a given that there are going to be NXT call-ups surprise debuts or redebuts. I know it might be lovely but I think sooner than later they need to change up the formula just to keep the surprises as actual surprises, and not do an NXT debut the night after Mania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

network numbers

1.66 million paid
1.94 million free plus paid

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So apparently they announced the Network numbers? 1.95 million subscribers/1.66 million paid subscribes. Pretty solid, assuming a decent conversion on the free trials.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/824305-wwe-network-subscribers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's good that the free route isn't dominating the numbers so that they will probably keep doing it and i dont have to buy the wwe network in order to use the Wwe network.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

now you're in the sunken place

aka the raw ratings

Explains why Uhaa is now Apollo.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

network numbers

1.66 million paid
1.94 million free plus paid

i'm cancelling my free trial because Cena would've got Taker up

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That was a lovely F5 on Goldberg. Other than that that was probably the best match they could have done.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

That was a lovely F5 on Goldberg. Other than that that was probably the best match they could have done.

i guess he could really use a REFRESHer course, eh?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

According to Meltzer the Raw Bayley main evented had a historic drop off in female viewers. She is only a draw to nerdy old men, who try to justify their love by saying they like that she is a positive role model to young girls or something when there is no evidence that young girls actually like her

Similar to the huge male following for My Little Pony, now that I think about it

Bayley is trash in every way you can think off.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

:vince: LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

:vince: LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS :vince:

gently caress it, give jinder the megapush at least he'll be able to lift people until the day he drops dead

• Locked thread