Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

L-Boned posted:

I like playing light tanks, and I hate how my hard work can be negated by something imaginary. If people are too dumb to realize when they might be spotted, that's on them.

If Sixth Sense stopped functioning for a week, the game simply wouldn't work. There are too many maps where you absolutely need to know whether you're spotted or not. Malinovka would probably have a 50% draw rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

NotWearingPants posted:

that's not a milestone, you need to get to 52.5 so it shows as 53%

I like round numbers!

Actually I think you don't even need to make it to .5 before XVM rounds up for you. .3 or so? Maybe I'm smoking crack.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
The difference between having sixth sense or not is like night and day. I can't understand why they haven't made any changes to crew skills, we still have a bunch of useless skills that are noob traps.

There is one build for each type of vehicle crew with a little variation for armoured and unarmoured tds. Jack of all trades is going too be even more completely useless once permanent med kits start for instance.

[Edit formatting]

Scapegoat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr.48 posted:

When did this all happen? I hate missing out on a spreglord melting down.

It starts about here

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Oh god damnit WG has another stupid esports scavenger hunt

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/esports/WGLNAScavengerHunt/

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:lol:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Barry posted:

At least it doesn't look like its number limited like the last one. That was literally cancer.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
This does necessitate you watching their terrible esports to get the code and enter it quickly. No thanks, WOT esports is horrifically boring.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

Yeah but the prizes look totally bonkers this time. First 5% of players to submit all the codes get a Type 59, next 5% get an FCM 50t, and the next 10% get a VK45.03. Top 20% getting a high tier premium tank is absurd. Weird multibox guy, please submit the codes for all your accounts.

Also it's time for Goon Party! The WGLNA Finals are this Saturday at some time that I don't know but probably between noon and 9pm. I'll be hanging out on Discord, and I invite all of you to sit around, getting drunk and suffering through one of the absolutely worst esports broadcast imaginable. It is so bad and it's telling that even with these massive bribes, they got around 6 thousand viewers last time around for their highest profile NA competition. That's pathetic and might be why the bribes are even greater this time around.

So, how this works. Bookmark this link. When the time comes around, you'll need to enter 9 codes. 5 of them will be given out across the web this week, 3 of them will be given out during matches on the stream, and one bonus code will be given out during the stream at some point. I literally don't know what the bonus code will do since they forgot to include it in the prize table lol wargaming come on. Anyway, you'll basically have the first 7 codes and the bonus code typed into the submission document, and then when the last code is revealed you quickly type that into slot #8 and then hit submit, and hope you're faster than everyone else. The real challenge here is not falling asleep while watching, because World of Tanks is boring and the commentary is really poor and do not do a good enough job either explaining things so you can learn, nor hyping things so you want to watch. We'll have to watch the stream on http://live.wgleague.net/ for the codes, and it's kind of stupid because there's a delay on the stream that can be longer or shorter and you need to refresh the page a bunch to get a good response time but whatever wargaming. Actually apparently the bonus is 1 day of premium which lol okay why bother having the bonus code at all but whatever I could use that.

First code is Burbank, or BURBANK, or burbank, and I don't know but it's probably all caps. Don't submit the codes until you have all 9 though, if you just submit BURBANK right now you're apparently poo poo out of luck.

e: oh by the way Steelion and Tsurupettan won stole Type 59s this way, when only the top 10 or 20 people got Types, so it's not unrealistic to win something if you only need to get the top 20%.

Chillyrabbit posted:

At least it doesn't look like its number limited like the last one. That was literally cancer.

lol I forgot about that, one of the codes ran out like thirty minutes after posting so I don't think we watched the stream that time.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 3, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ROFLburger posted:

It's really a miracle that WoT manages to attract and retain any new players at all given the hilarious barrier of entry. First few tiers are miserable, you don't have sixth sense, everyone else has been playing for 5 years, shells rain from the sky and one shot your vehicle, etc

They sucker you in with 'kiddie tier' now up until T3 and 'x' number of games for new accounts. Then you find out those water wings you were given are defective.

Barry posted:

This does necessitate you watching their terrible esports to get the code and enter it quickly. No thanks, WOT esports is horrifically boring.

"Professional Camping."

"Another tactical draw from our intrepid ~tank warriors~! What did you think of that round, lifeless-stared broadcasting companion?" "That's another fifteen minutes of my miserable life that I'll never loving get back."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 3, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Is competitive WoT really that bad? I've never seen a match but I would have guessed it could be pretty fun

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

Is competitive WoT really that bad? I've never seen a match but I would have guessed it could be pretty fun

It isn't. World of Tanks is not a functional game with a small number of players because it's far too easy to start a snowball victory by taking one tank out through either luck (rack someone, double fire, etc) or through focusing someone down after drawing them into a trap, so a lot of it comes down to trying to break an enemy camp before you run out of time (there's attacking/defending sides with I think a 7 minute timer) and the whole thing just devolves into nonsense too often. Also from what I've heard the Maus is stupid as gently caress because it has good damage output and is a massive HP sink so I actually have no idea how the attacking team wins on Himmelsdorf anymore.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Seriously, the only thing that'd make competitive WoT doable would be a Battle Royale-style :gas: cloud closing in to force conflict.

Even then they'd probably just 'tactically die' and it'd come down to a 1v1 every time.

"And down goes another tank to the DoT burn of that poison gas, they'd better *really* watch that HP pool, it's gonna be one hell of a clip for the highlight reel when they're finally FORCED to fight!"

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
There is absolutely no reason that low tiers shouldn't be fun and easy to play. Actually the best thing would probably be to scrap all tanks in tiers 1&2 and most tanks in tiers 3&4, and then sensibly stretch out the remainder of the tanks through 10 tiers. Oh and get rid of the 50% / 75% crew bullshit. That itself has got to be the dumbest goddamn thing in the game. And the ONE thing AW had going for it was the crew/commander system. Unfortunately the rest of the game was balls. AW crew/commander system in WOT with no XVM would be almost paradise. Well, it would be a lot less stressful and annoying. And rework the tech trees to remove progression on national lines, maybe even get rid of stock tanks but significantly increase the EXP required to go from tier to tier. And add in a loving competency test. Nothing ridiculous, just - loving something.

Well I guess that's a whole new game. Never mind.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Competitive WoT doesn't even have the big moments like LoL or DOTA where everyone chains their ults together or whatever and you get big explosions and pretty colors and announcers losing their poo poo and it's obvious to someone like me who doesn't play those games that a Big Play Was Made. In WoT, it's just "oh the Maus has a good position oh he didn't penetrate his shot oh boy they are going to slowly take down his HP".

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ELI PORTER posted:

Competitive WoT doesn't even have the big moments like LoL or DOTA where everyone chains their ults together or whatever and you get big explosions and pretty colors and announcers losing their poo poo and it's obvious to someone like me who doesn't play those games that a Big Play Was Made. In WoT, it's just "oh the Maus has a good position oh he didn't penetrate his shot oh boy they are going to slowly take down his HP".

It's the Special Olympics tennis of eSports.

"And that's the third consecutive missed attempt to actually *serve* the ball, but you've gotta give them credit for trying." "No, you really don't, Cotton."

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so i want a type 59 will someone win one for me thanks also above is pretty gold :five:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 3, 2017

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I'd sell you mine if I could I don't play this horrible game anymore I just read the forums

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Esports isn't actually a thing anyways.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

celewign posted:

I'd sell you mine if I could I don't play this horrible game anymore I just read the forums

Yea, I really wish we could sell off our premium tanks to other people. I could use a few hundred dollars right about now.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prav posted:

are you playing a T9 TD without sixth sense?

e: oh no you were a scorp, shooting at a JT. that's how it goes when you don't have sixth.

Working on it, it takes time though. MM likes to give me lots of teams that melt like ice in a furnace when I use my Skorpion...I think I'm only at like a 33% winrate with it. Meanwhile I'll hop in the KV-2 and crawl around the map blowing poo poo back to satan himself.

I wish the system was set up at times so you knew what map you were getting next and could choose the tank for it. I love using the KV-2 on El Halluf and blasting TDs from across the map by sheer guess
"Well, that looks like a spot I'd be in" "We lit that one up!"

ROFLburger posted:

It's really a miracle that WoT manages to attract and retain any new players at all given the hilarious barrier of entry. First few tiers are miserable, you don't have sixth sense, everyone else has been playing for 5 years, shells rain from the sky and one shot your vehicle, etc

I bought my way out of the lower tiers and learned on the T26E4 before going back and actually grinding lines and using the extra XP to move out of the shitlands

V Drove? I hear people had to push them up the hill, both ways, with a 999 ping rate

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 3, 2017

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Hellsau posted:

If Sixth Sense stopped functioning for a week, the game simply wouldn't work. There are too many maps where you absolutely need to know whether you're spotted or not. Malinovka would probably have a 50% draw rate.

Back when I bought my type 59 sixth sense wasn't around.

We drove up the hill on proc to get to school too.

Both ways.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I remember when one of the OPs for this game had a list of skills and the description for 6th sense was lol you dont need this since youll probably be shot at anyways and youll know youre spotted then. How times change.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

deathbagel posted:

Yea, I really wish we could sell off our premium tanks to other people. I could use a few hundred dollars right about now.

Yeah this thread prompted me to check my account. I have like 5 mil credits, 6000 gold, and a butt load of prems. What are the valuable tier 10's these days? Do clan wars still use the batchat and the t110e5? I have those as well. Wish I could sell this thing. what's a good WN8? Mines still in the 2150's. Any goon want my account? I give you good price

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

It isn't. World of Tanks is not a functional game with a small number of players because it's far too easy to start a snowball victory by taking one tank out through either luck (rack someone, double fire, etc) or through focusing someone down after drawing them into a trap, so a lot of it comes down to trying to break an enemy camp before you run out of time (there's attacking/defending sides with I think a 7 minute timer) and the whole thing just devolves into nonsense too often. Also from what I've heard the Maus is stupid as gently caress because it has good damage output and is a massive HP sink so I actually have no idea how the attacking team wins on Himmelsdorf anymore.

i can solve this problem by giving 1 respawn for each player, yw.

except for spg's gently caress that garbage indirect fire game mechanic

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

i can solve this problem by giving 1 respawn for each player, yw.

except for spg's gently caress that garbage indirect fire game mechanic

One respawn, at half health.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
literally better game devs than all of WG

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

literally better game devs than all of WG

Well, I suppose if you're in a paper-thin armor tank, maybe full health - but a Maus would have to get a half-health respawn.

I do have to give them credit for bringing in 'reusable' consumables from Warships.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am starting to get the hang of the O-I.

https://gfycat.com/SevereCandidLamb

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
How to fix WoT by me:
1. Crew is now represented by a single member.
2. There is no percentage system for crew skills, if they are trained for it, they can drive it.
3. Crew skills are now attached to the commander and their rank, some skills can have multiple ranks some are one and done.
4. Sixth Sense is baked in.
5. Gold ammo is limited to a small # of rounds per game.
6. +1/-1 matchmaker.
7. The T-50-2 returns, and now goes faster. It now has training wheels so it can't roll over.
8. No XVM. Sorry, people ruined it.
9. Cross team chat is back.
10. Someone needs to find a way to make a tier 10 version of the Luchs and Pz1C for the new race/Thunderdome mode.
-1. Maybe an ISP that doesn't suck to host the game on.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Number 9 being the most important

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:tif:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so you going to post those 9 codes cause lol if you think i'm going to watch some stream or visit a bunch of gaylord tank sites

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

CitizenKain posted:

7. The T-50-2 returns, and now goes faster. It now has training wheels so it can't roll over.

my man have you tried the T-100

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

so you going to post those 9 codes cause lol if you think i'm going to watch some stream or visit a bunch of gaylord tank sites

The first 8 will be posted here and/or in Discord. The first 5 will be known before the broadcast and will definitely get posted here, and the last 3 and the bonus code will be revealed on stream and will be posted on Discord but I dunno if anyone will bother posting them here.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

but I dunno if anyone will bother posting them here.

if i've understood the prize structure right it's gonna be in everyone's interest to get as many people as possible to put in codes (... after you've submitted your own)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What do you get for entering all those codes? That's really a lot of effort for tank rewards, even when someone puts all the codes in an easy to view place.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Who even still wants a Type 59 at this point?

Even two years or so ago, the only reason I would have wanted to have grabbed a Type when they first were on sale, it was because I wanted to have a 5-skill crew by the time I unlocked the WZ-120.

Now...who cares?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Even two years or so ago, the only reason I would have wanted to have grabbed a Type when they first were on sale, it was because I wanted to have a 5-skill crew by the time I unlocked the WZ-120.

Now...who cares?

I'd take one. I enjoy Medium tanks, it's a decent one to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

What do you get for entering all those codes? That's really a lot of effort for tank rewards, even when someone puts all the codes in an easy to view place.

FIrst 5% get a Type 59, 6-10% get FCM 50t, 11-20% get a VK 45.03. These rewards should give you gold if you already have the tank as well, because they're competition prizes. That's a substantial prize for extremely high odds of being in the first 20% of entries.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Now...who cares?

It increases account value if you end up selling your account. It's super weak against the new breed of premiums and even struggles against the Clownshoe, though.