Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dehry posted:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985

$499 target bundle with Zelda, 12Switch, Pro Controller, Amiibo, and carrying case.

Still in stock after almost an hour.

That's basically a free Amiibo. I have that case and it rules... I wouldn't hesitate to get that bundle if you were interested in 1-2 Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Why is arms gonna be bad? Looks like fun to me.

It just reminds me of Virtual On

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Motto posted:

goons get incredibly weird about people's voices all the time and idgi
Some people are not pleasant to listen to, this is hardly a goon thing. fran drescher was/is certainly divisive on that front.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I had a really weird issue with my Switch this morning, I turned it on from sleep mode and everything looked fine, Zelda was paused on the inventory menu where I left it but neither Joycon would do anything. They wouldn't turn on if I pressed any of the buttons or even connected them to the Switch itself. I could press the sync button once to get them on but not in pairing mode but they still didn't interact with the Switch. I looked at the screen more closely and it seems like Zelda actually froze, so maybe the whole Switch locked up but it didn't. Putting the Joycons onto the Switch would make the click sound effect and the flashes on the sides of the screen. gently caress it, I held the sleep button to bring up the sleep/shut down menu and tried to use the touch screen for that but no dice. I could control the volume with the buttons. Neither the Joycons worked or the touch screen, Zelda was completely frozen up and the only thing I could do was a hard reset. That finally got things going normally but what the gently caress, I hope this isn't a common thing for me now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Should have known this was the wrong thread to make fun of defective stuff in

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I actually prefer Andre videos to the other guy main Gamexplain guy. The other dude is just so quiet and boring.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I had a really weird issue with my Switch this morning, I turned it on from sleep mode and everything looked fine, Zelda was paused on the inventory menu where I left it but neither Joycon would do anything. They wouldn't turn on if I pressed any of the buttons or even connected them to the Switch itself. I could press the sync button once to get them on but not in pairing mode but they still didn't interact with the Switch. I looked at the screen more closely and it seems like Zelda actually froze, so maybe the whole Switch locked up but it didn't. Putting the Joycons onto the Switch would make the click sound effect and the flashes on the sides of the screen. gently caress it, I held the sleep button to bring up the sleep/shut down menu and tried to use the touch screen for that but no dice. I could control the volume with the buttons. Neither the Joycons worked or the touch screen, Zelda was completely frozen up and the only thing I could do was a hard reset. That finally got things going normally but what the gently caress, I hope this isn't a common thing for me now.

This has happened to me twice. I had airplane mode on both times. Seems to be a hardlock with the controllers not communicating. I think they can iron this out.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Bleh Maestro posted:

What's a good 3rd party charger that won't blow up my system and has a long/non-stiff cable? Basically, completely unlike the included charger.

Buy this charger:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GFE90H8/

And buy this cable:
https://www.amazon.com/iOrange-E-Braided-Chromebook-OnePlus-Supported/dp/B0188IB9IC/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TFRazorsaw posted:

Ha ha, it's so bad rear end to make fun of people's disabilities.

Do you mean it's rude to make fun of Splatoon fans?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

limaCAT posted:

Do you mean it's rude to make fun of Splatoon fans?

You know, I know you're playing me, but what's rude is assuming a correlation, or that if there were, it'd be a bad thing.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

My Switch froze on Zelda also. I booted it up last night after not using for a day, went right into the game from sleep mode, and it locked up. I had to hard reset it but it's good now so... welp?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pretty sure I bought the exact same thing on the Wii for $6 about 11 years ago.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Hey, someone was asking to see my amiibo collection?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still banking on them releasing that BoxBoxBoy collection here.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Mine froze twice the other day when I was trying to open the eShop. Had to hard reset both times. But I loaded up Zelda just fine immediately after and it's been fine since..? :shrug: Is this freezing recent for everyone? Wonder what's up.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

jivjov posted:

that's too many amiibos.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

jivjov posted:

lol nerd

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

jivjov posted:

I'm proud of you for taking them out of the boxes

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

s.i.r.e. posted:

From what they wife is telling me I have this waiting for me at home when I get off work. Hard reset is activated by a holding down the power button like everything else, yeah?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Not a Children posted:

I'm proud of you for taking them out of the boxes

How else would I play with my fun Nintendo friends? :confused:

The Milkman posted:

that's too many amiibos.

It's actually not enough! I have two in the mail right now, and I haven't yet completed my Mario Sports Superstars card collection!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

jivjov posted:

I am not worthy of this badass collection. Kudos to you, sir

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

jivjov posted:

I'd judge if I didn't know I would do the exact same thing if my apartment had room for it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so, er. my perfect no issues switch is actually slightly bent. ONLY SLIGHTLY. like, if you look at it from the top you can't tell, but if you lay it down with the screen up and joycons off, there is a slight wobble. there is no wobble with the screen faced down.

i used a ruler and there is a tiny gap. not enough worry about and no where near what those on reddit are reporting. dunno if it's always been like this or a heat issue. i'm pretty much 50/50 on dock/undock usage and its never felt hot after long dock use and i take it to bed. gonna see if it's worse in time before my warranty is up. still no joycon desyncing or scratched screen however. :smuggo:

kinda wish i hadn't checked now, ignorance is bliss.

edit: upon further examination it seems the unit isnt bent, but the back side of it is sticking out ever so slightly at the center, but joints at the top and bottom don't look like they are being pulled apart. abit weird.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 3, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Commissar Ken posted:

From what they wife is telling me I have this waiting for me at home when I get off work. Hard reset is activated by a holding down the power button like everything else, yeah?

yeah, just hold it down for awhile until it resets itself. i think its like 20+ seconds. i had it happen once after coming out of snipperclips and i tried to reset the joycons back to single use.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

I had a similar thing with Disgaea 5 this past week. I left it sitting on a menu screen, then ended up not playing for a week. I powered it on for the Zelda and system update and it seemed to have frozen. Music would play in small bursts and it would respond with a delay during that time. I could still go to the home screen without trouble and perform the update. The little icon to inform me the update had finished even popped over the frozen screen.

I really hope this isn't just coming out now that people have finished their games and are leaving it on standby for a long period of time.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

jivjov posted:

I am glad this makes you happy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chaleski posted:

My Switch froze on Zelda also. I booted it up last night after not using for a day, went right into the game from sleep mode, and it locked up. I had to hard reset it but it's good now so... welp?

This happens to mine every few days if on a long sleep. Its dumb

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
my switch is bend and wobble free

glad i waited and got the second run that doesnt have all these defects

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

No double-gun Samus?

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Has anyone figured out if Parental Controls are possible on a per-user basis? I can play as much as I want because I'm not a child but my child needs to be limited. Do I really need to enable/disable parental controls when he's using it? My guess is yes... :negative:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Paging Dr Tim Whatley or anyone who has NTM golf experience to offer some tips.

I don't mind a challenging game, but:

1) not really a golf pro.

2) I've been conditioned for LOTs of hand holding in other golf games.

Especially could use tips on reading the green.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Is the switch going to get EA sports games? I need The Show or maybe Madden to really be a good timesink if i'm going to buy this thing. And any chance of Fallout or Dues Ex to go with Skyirm?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FIFA's coming, and that's about it I think but The Show is owned by Sony.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

patonthebach posted:

Is the switch going to get EA sports games? I need The Show or maybe Madden to really be a good timesink if i'm going to buy this thing. And any chance of Fallout or Dues Ex to go with Skyirm?

The Show is Sony

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Bloop posted:

No double-gun Samus?

I actually don't really have anything in the way of mistakes or error amiibo.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

FIFA's coming, and that's about it I think but The Show is owned by Sony.

So just 1 adult / franchise style sports game will come out for this system? Thats a drag.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i think a basketball game is coming

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh right, yeah NBA 2K is coming to Switch but if you want any kind of real simulation MLB you have to play it on PlayStation.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

HyperPuma posted:

i think a basketball game is coming

If its the real NBA 2k that would be good. Hopefully they make a new Mario Golf / Tennis too. Right now the only things that make me want to buy this thing is Zelda for a week or two and then Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Has anyone figured out if Parental Controls are possible on a per-user basis? I can play as much as I want because I'm not a child but my child needs to be limited. Do I really need to enable/disable parental controls when he's using it? My guess is yes... :negative:

It's per system, but are you using the free app? Did you watch the cute as poo poo video with Bowser and Jr?

• Locked thread