Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How is inventory sorted when you press Y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So what number am I looking at for armor strength? There's one in the description box which is larger and presumably the number I want, but the other number on the inventory screen is just.... a rarity level or something?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alec Eiffel posted:

For armor it sorts by set or equip slot, weapons by size or damage, and food by type.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Phantasium posted:

I feel like I ruined Typhlo Ruins because if you nock a fire arrow it acts like a giant flashlight and you can keep it like that without ever using it so I just walked right up to the ruins and climbed into them.

haha now i feel real dumb. first time i entered from the south by cryo'ing the mud and backed up after getting lost, i figured it out the 2nd time by entering from the east bridge, which is where i think you are meant to enter and i noticed right away the statues where facing a weird way and i followed them all to the shrine. i might go back in and do your method because im sure theres some extra hidden poo poo around there.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
There's a pretty neat fire spear in there if you want to go back and explore.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

When I was on this door I couldn't figure out that I had to light an arrow with the blue flame and then shoot it. I rotated the beast onto its side, dropped a torch on a barred floor/wall, and shot the arrow through that into the torch below.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

This is awesome lol.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So either the Ancient Shield is incredibly overpowered, or I just ran into a glitch. :stare: So I went under the Lomei Labyrinth to kill the Guardians and figured I'd use the Ancient Shield I'd just bought to auto-reflect their lasers. First go, I aggro'd all of them at once, and my shield ate four simultaneous lasers, gave me the "badly damaged" message, and only killed two of the turrets. I let it get hit with two more lasers to kill the remaining turrets, and it broke.

I reloaded, annoyed that I spent so much money on something that broke so fast. I figured if I spent all that money anyway, I might as well get the most use out of it, so this time, I aggro'd the turrets one at a time to make sure that each reflected laser scored a kill. It worked. I killed all four Guardian turrets. Weirdly enough, it wasn't giving me the "badly damaged" message, so I decided to wake up the Stalkers and see how it fared against them.

It fared very well. It killed them both with three reflected lasers apiece. Still no "damaged" message. The first attempt broke after six total lasers, but this one had reflected ten and was still going. So I took it to the surface to hunt down some more Guardians and see just how much punishment this thing could take.

32, is the answer. It reflected 32 Guardian laser beams. I was swimming in Ancient parts. For the record, I believe the Hylian Shield taps out at 27.

32, incidentally, is the durability value the internet lists for the Ancient Shield. From what I can tell, if it's not a glitch, it works like this; if you take multiple lasers at once or get a "bad impact" (ie; off-center) the Shield takes normal damage from Guardian lasers. However, if you get the beam to hit dead-center (as it always will if you're locked on), the Ancient Shield will only take 1 damage. It's the ultimate weapon in low-effort Guardian harvesting, taking even less skill than using Ancient Arrows.
:getin:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spergatory posted:

So either the Ancient Shield is incredibly overpowered, or I just ran into a glitch. :stare: So I went under the Lomei Labyrinth to kill the Guardians and figured I'd use the Ancient Shield I'd just bought to auto-reflect their lasers. First go, I aggro'd all of them at once, and my shield ate four simultaneous lasers, gave me the "badly damaged" message, and only killed two of the turrets. I let it get hit with two more lasers to kill the remaining turrets, and it broke.

I reloaded, annoyed that I spent so much money on something that broke so fast. I figured if I spent all that money anyway, I might as well get the most use out of it, so this time, I aggro'd the turrets one at a time to make sure that each reflected laser scored a kill. It worked. I killed all four Guardian turrets. Weirdly enough, it wasn't giving me the "badly damaged" message, so I decided to wake up the Stalkers and see how it fared against them.

It fared very well. It killed them both with three reflected lasers apiece. Still no "damaged" message. The first attempt broke after six total lasers, but this one had reflected ten and was still going. So I took it to the surface to hunt down some more Guardians and see just how much punishment this thing could take.

32, is the answer. It reflected 32 Guardian laser beams. I was swimming in Ancient parts. For the record, I believe the Hylian Shield taps out at 27.

32, incidentally, is the durability value the internet lists for the Ancient Shield. From what I can tell, if it's not a glitch, it works like this; if you take multiple lasers at once or get a "bad impact" (ie; off-center) the Shield takes normal damage from Guardian lasers. However, if you get the beam to hit dead-center (as it always will if you're locked on), the Ancient Shield will only take 1 damage. It's the ultimate weapon in low-effort Guardian harvesting, taking even less skill than using Ancient Arrows.
:getin:

This is very good info. I think I will pass it along to my friend who enjoys laser hunting!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Shield damage from Guardian lasers definitely changes based on whether you're blocking or reflecting. I can reflect a bunch of lasers with a Knight's Shield, but it'll disappear if it eats just one shot. Maybe parrying melee attacks works the same way?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what was everybody's favorite DB? Mine's a toss-up between Vah Rudania and Vah Naboris. The ambiance of navigating Vah Rudania via pale blue light in otherwise pitch darkness was super awesome, and flipping the entire thing goddamn over to navigate it inside and out was super creative and fun. On the other hand Vah Naboris has so many creative puzzles in a row (ignoring Revali's Gale) it's just a lot of fun

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

acksplode posted:

Shield damage from Guardian lasers definitely changes based on whether you're blocking or reflecting. I can reflect a bunch of lasers with a Knight's Shield, but it'll disappear if it eats just one shot. Maybe parrying melee attacks works the same way?

You're talking about parrying. Parrying always does zero damage to the shield. I'm just talking about what happens when you stand there holding block. The Ancient Shield automatically reflects Guardian lasers regardless of whether or not you parry. The only thing that changes is whether or not the shield is damaged in process.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

acksplode posted:

It does, but the Ancient Shield reflects Guardian lasers as if you parried them even if you're just regular blocking. It's possible that somehow counts as parrying the laser specifically for that shield?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Spergatory posted:

You're talking about parrying. Parrying always does zero damage to the shield. I'm just talking about what happens when you stand there holding block. The Ancient Shield automatically reflects Guardian lasers regardless of whether or not you parry. The only thing that changes is whether or not the shield is damaged in process.

Harrow posted:

It does, but the Ancient Shield reflects Guardian lasers as if you parried them even if you're just regular blocking. It's possible that somehow counts as parrying the laser specifically for that shield?

Yeah the impression I'm getting is that the Ancient Shield has auto-parry for the Guardian you've locked onto. So it makes sense that if you're taking a bunch of lasers from different Guardians at once, only one will get the parry, the rest will be blocked, and your shield will take a lot of damage.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The thing that's hosed about the economy in this game is that Link has nowhere to put his money other than under his mattress. This is a society that has developed quantum teleportation, you should at least be able to get a savings account with 1% interest

Technically that was two societies ago, this society is living in the detritus of the society of 100 years ago, which itself was just beginning to grasp the detritus of a society from 10,000 years ago. What's amazing is that Hyrule seems to be the only nation state on the planet, considering anyone who develops loving laser cannons, only to bury them in the ground/forget them and go back to swords and shields is just asking to have their asses conquered by a neighbor. If I were the King of NextToHyrule, I'd have arranged my firstborn to marry Zelda, assassinate any siblings, go to war with Hyrule to press her claim, and set up my grandkid to inherit it all and dig that groovy laser tech back up to shoot up the jackass in charge of NextToNextToHyrule for impregnating my cousin.

I may have been juggling this game and CK2.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alec Eiffel posted:

The most confusing thing about sorting inventory with Y, was when I hadn't yet realized pushing sort cycled it through two different sorting methods for equippables :downs: "There I sorted it-wait why is it different?"

For weapons/shields It alternates between raw numbers, and "Type", basically. While for armor it alternates between sets/similarities, or sorting by head/torso/leg.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Goddamn I love plopping rocks on korok heads.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh gently caress off, stable guy. My stalhorse isn't a monster, he's better behaved than the nags you have hitched up. And he can't eat the other horses. He has no stomach.

Fine, I'll go on my own adventure. Onward my valiant steed!

Oh hey morning's coming, wait why are you throwing me off-

:stare:

:stonk:

:cry:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Stable guy is racist. A deer is close enough to a horse you fucker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How high can weapon damage go? I found a Lynel Sword that's 100 and a Royal Claymore that's like 107. I've never seen anything that high. Also, thanks to the durability system I'm never going to use them. :smith:

Really should be a way to repair or reforge certain weapons and not just the lovely ones you get after the Divine Beasts.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm been hunting a shrine in the north west corner of the map. I find the Hia Miu Shrine (a major test of strength) but this other one is eluding me. I'm in the extended edge of the map hunting it catching updrafts to no end. It's like the shrine is inside the mountain. Can anyone give me a hint?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm been hunting a shrine in the north west corner of the map. I find the Hia Miu Shrine (a major test of strength) but this other one is eluding me. I'm in the extended edge of the map hunting it catching updrafts to no end. It's like the shrine is inside the mountain. Can anyone give me a hint?

It's not on the edge, per se, look on the southside of the mountain range.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

s.i.r.e. posted:

How high can weapon damage go? I found a Lynel Sword that's 100 and a Royal Claymore that's like 107. I've never seen anything that high. Also, thanks to the durability system I'm never going to use them. :smith:

Really should be a way to repair or reforge certain weapons and not just the lovely ones you get after the Divine Beasts.

High damage means less swings to kill stuff, and less swings to kill stuff means less durability loss per enemy :buddy: So those will last about as long as more "Normal" weapons with durability mods, if it helps.

But yeah, HP sponge enemies vs durability aspects means my love of one handed weapons and spears is always a rough time, while my two handed weapons generally last twice as long just by their very nature of being two three times as strong. Even a royal halberd with a durability mod will snap in half as fast as a normal royal claymore.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 4, 2017

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's not on the edge, per se, look on the southside of the mountain range.

Find it. Another set of double doors. I know how to open this!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I found my first durian today

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

88 is the highest armor rating you can get right?(before potions or food)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Wildtortilla posted:

Find it. Another set of double doors. I know how to open this!

My game is paused right at those very doors :( I broke all of my snowballs trying to get them to go over the cyro pillars rather than catching on the edges and falling down

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

parallelodad posted:

88 is the highest armor rating you can get right?(before potions or food)

Yeah. The Champion's Tunic is the only one that goes to 32, all the other best armors max at 28.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is the food damage/armor buff multiplicative?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

My game is paused right at those very doors :( I broke all of my snowballs trying to get them to go over the cyro pillars rather than catching on the edges and falling down

Once I figured it the cryo pillars the first snow ball I rolled hit the doors. This was easier than the other snow ball door I had to open.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
can you ride a stalhorse to the horse fairy, and have it revived?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Bought an Amiibo Powersaves at gamestop. Stupid 20 heart cheat doesnt work on my actual Wolf link amiibo I own. It works just fine on the power tag, anyone have any luck?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

If you lose something in the environment like this, like a stone or something got tossed off a cliff for a Korok puzzle, just save your game and load it up, all of that stuff will reset and you can just try again. I had to do it for the snowball part before I figured it out.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Started playing Link Between Worlds today since I was just running around after 90 shrines not finding much, it's kinda nice to have actual dungeons again. I have a bunch of quests left in BoTW but I'd rather not look up solutions. I put a ton of hours into this and its one of the best games I've ever played, and gave me the same sense of wonder that stuff like the first Zelda and Mario 64 did. I'll pop in every once in a while to explore a few quests and upgrade armor, but I think my heavy lifting is done for now, I don't want to binge too hard on it and burn out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

spit on my clit posted:

can you ride a stalhorse to the horse fairy, and have it revived?

No. That only works on horses you've registered at a stable (and also haven't personally killed)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zore posted:

No. That only works on horses you've registered at a stable (and also haven't personally killed)

False. I blew up my horse with bomb arrows and revived it. Unless that doesn't count somehow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bombadilillo posted:

False. I blew up my horse with bomb arrows and revived it. Unless that doesn't count somehow.

It might not. I know that it explicitly didn't work for my horse I accidently hit with a sword tho.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

s.i.r.e. posted:

There is nothing lovely about the boulder breaker. I will smash you with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

s.i.r.e. posted:

I agree with this somewhat, but also feel like it's a bit more fun having to scavenge for nice weapons. It's tough early game but you really do end up with a ton of 50+ weapons when you are near the end or done. If I could just reforge a random 100 sword whenever I wanted I feel like I wouldn't hold anything other than a real specific set. Weapons breaking made me think a lot more about the game, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

https://youtu.be/6vCc9jiYreo

:discourse: