Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Wow, these exclusives all seem pretty great for once, even beyond their TMs.

I'm confused by this. Ling and Olive are digustingly good units overall. Yun's nice too and Elza is/was very solid. Most of the GEs have been pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm confused by this. Ling and Olive are digustingly good units overall. Yun's nice too and Elza is/was very solid. Most of the GEs have been pretty great.

We've had some pretty garbage ones, too, but the ones lately have been quite good.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I never got any of those units and outside of Elza none of them work well with my party as friend units (Yun in particular was garbage during the Ifrit raid compared to other options).
So that, Christmas and Valentines explains my impressions I guess.

Also they're bringing Ariana back already? Yeesh.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 3, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I pulled in 7 Lawrence total now and drat if I don't think I want all of them, but in the interest of time I'll settle for 5, using two to speed out 1 MBP quicker, then try and roll the others out later.

I knocked out Dreamweaver last week and Refia is in MP city now. I'm a little unsure what to put in her last ability slot. I've got her using Equip H Shield with an Aegis, Camouflage, and Dual Cast. I was using HP +15% but I swapped that out for Shard of Genius but I'm not sure how much I like that as she was getting roughly 500 HP, and my original plan was to put an HP 30% there instead. I guess HP 30% is probably the best thing to put there unless anyone else has any ideas.

I was going to knock out the Minerva Bustier for her but seeing that new Robe with Auto Refresh...well change of plans.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think they're referring to 6* Medius, 6* Cerius and the Halloween plot characters, who are all waaay underpowered compared to more recent global exclusive 6*s.

Varance fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 3, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I pulled in 7 Lawrence total now and drat if I don't think I want all of them, but in the interest of time I'll settle for 5, using two to speed out 1 MBP quicker, then try and roll the others out later.

I knocked out Dreamweaver last week and Refia is in MP city now. I'm a little unsure what to put in her last ability slot. I've got her using Equip H Shield with an Aegis, Camouflage, and Dual Cast. I was using HP +15% but I swapped that out for Shard of Genius but I'm not sure how much I like that as she was getting roughly 500 HP, and my original plan was to put an HP 30% there instead. I guess HP 30% is probably the best thing to put there unless anyone else has any ideas.

I was going to knock out the Minerva Bustier for her but seeing that new Robe with Auto Refresh...well change of plans.

Why do you need that many Monster Breastplates? I'm settling for one for Exdeath, and on extra for someone else.

Also, Refia: Dualcast, Equip H Shield, Melody of Life, HP +30%. Use Soluna Ring if available for Auto-refresh, and Minerva for even more elemental tankiness. REFIAS NEVER DIE. That Auto Refresh Robe is okay I guess but ehhhhh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Varance posted:

I think they're referring to 6* Medius, 6* Cerius and the Halloween plot characters, who are all waaay underpowered compared to more recent global exclusive 6*s.
I was wondering who I forgot. Yeah, those definitely contributed to that impression.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Why do you need that many Monster Breastplates? I'm settling for one for Exdeath, and on extra for someone else.

Also, Refia: Dualcast, Equip H Shield, Melody of Life, HP +30%. Use Soluna Ring if available for Auto-refresh, and Minerva for even more elemental tankiness. REFIAS NEVER DIE. That Auto Refresh Robe is okay I guess but ehhhhh.

I have 4 Exdeath and a Lightning that would use the MBPs.

I missed the Cupid units on my dailies and their TMs didn't seem worth spending tickets for at the time because I needed to save for good unit pulls.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reddit says the dagger grants you an easy dual wield for arena matches where it doesn't matter what your total ATK is as long as you can hit the 999 cap.

I might stick it on my Ling with survival edges. She can hit the 999 cap after dancing once. If I give her Odin, does bladeblitz get boosted by her dance, or is it just her normal attack?

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 3, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

HGH posted:

I never got any of those units and outside of Elza none of them work well with my party as friend units (Yun in particular was garbage during the Ifrit raid compared to other options).
So that, Christmas and Valentines explains my impressions I guess.

Also they're bringing Ariana back already? Yeesh.

Try having him inferno rage for 2 turns. Yun owns bones, though he's no Olive.

My ideal party is gonna be my 2 TGC, Yun, Minfillia and Refia all TMRd up

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Cupid Artemios has a couple skills that lower Dark resistance, which combined with a Dark weapon such as the Killer Bow, aren't too shabby at all. The Killer Bow is only about 60 ATK, though.

He's not terrible.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Bows have a horrible damage formula, though, so even with an attack 150 bow, he'd still be mediocre damage.

-------------

For those disappointed over the FF9 stuff in JP... try not too be too emo. What we got is actually pretty good.

- Beatrix is up there with Noctis and Rikku. Only thing that holds her back is that she's a hybrid character. Doesn't really matter... her attacks all have great multipliers, plus she's got Holy and Arise on the side. She needs a holy-elemental weapon like Excalibur to truly shine.

- Steiner is Beatrix lite, trading the white magic for the very basic break abilities (Armor Break, Power Break, etc). You'd want him for his TM, though, which is Excalibur II. It needs no introduction. Like Beatrix, a holy elemental weapon is a must for Steiner.

- Eiko is a top-tier healer that has the ability to summon any eidolon currently equipped to your party, with a 60% boost. She's also got double white, Holy, Arise, Esunaga and can dispel status down debuffs on your party without having to wipe out buffs (Bushido: Freedom without the downside). She'd be rated higher, if it weren't for a lack of auto-refresh.

- Dagger is Eiko lite. She also has the ability to summon the entire party's eidolons, but doesn't get the other goodies like double white. Her shining points are Auto-Refresh and Melodies of Life, which is an AoE heavy cure + 40% resistance to all elements. Her only new spell is... Protectga. Overall, somewhere around Refia or Luka in terms of healing.

- Zidane is about on par with Lightning. As part of his 6* upgrade, he gets an item drop rate increase/encounter down passive, can dual wield daggers/throwing weaps passively (and gets a huge boost when using daggers), and has the ability to steal HP, MP and stats from enemies (and can dual cast those abilities). He's also got an AoE debuff that hits everything with every status effect in the book at a 30% chance. The downside is that he has no defense-ignoring attacks, which is why he's not rated higher.

- Kujie-coo gets some magic passives, auto-faith, trance mode, dualcast, Curaja, Holy and Flare Star. While he's in trance, magic is boosted by 80% and he gains access to Ultima - but trance costs a ton of MP to activate, so you'll run out of MP extremely fast while using it. In other words, he can outdamage Dark Fina, but will run out of gas if the target doesn't have MP to Osmose. He's also got a passive that counters physical attacks with Flare at a low chance.

- Vivi's 6* form is firmly in the Exdeath Dualcast Meteor club. He has a couple of passive magic buffs for when he's low on health or using a rod. His special spell is Doomsday, which is essentially a more powerful Dark-elemental version of Meteor. It's also a spell, so it can be dualcast.

- Black Waltz is mostly useless, but does have a good trust master: +20 MAG and +25% resistance to Fire/Ice/Lightning

Varance fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 3, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Good to hear that Beatrix is awesome. She's one of my favorite FF characters and I will roll hard to get her.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I wonder if they'll ever bring in Balthier

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Wow, these exclusives all seem pretty great for once, even beyond their TMs. I'm impressed.

Feels like I was just complaining about Lasswell's lack of ice options and suddenly there's a new 5 star just for ice damage. Not that that's going to really make him useful but still.

My dracu Lasswell would completely love that sword but he'd probably have to fight my letters&arms using exdeath over who gets it.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I wonder if they'll ever bring in Balthier

He's in the second FFXII banner with Ashe and Rasler.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
I was going to complain (briefly) about the awesome new +Mag sword coming right after I decided to stop grinding for L&A, but oh it's on a 5* base. Dang! I still want it to trick out Exdeath, or maybe even Ramza!

Also that Auto-Refresh Robe... right as I'm finishing a Lordly Robe... but I guess that's my mistake for grinding a Lordly Robe in the first place. Should have known better.

Overall the new event looks sweet though. Dual Wield for everyone (with a good dagger user)!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

ShinyDais posted:

I was going to complain (briefly) about the awesome new +Mag sword coming right after I decided to stop grinding for L&A, but oh it's on a 5* base. Dang! I still want it to trick out Exdeath, or maybe even Ramza!

Also that Auto-Refresh Robe... right as I'm finishing a Lordly Robe... but I guess that's my mistake for grinding a Lordly Robe in the first place. Should have known better.

Overall the new event looks sweet though. Dual Wield for everyone (with a good dagger user)!

Lordly Robe is still probably better for Mages so don't toss that away just yet.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

PaybackJack posted:

Lordly Robe is still probably better for Mages so don't toss that away just yet.

Oh, yeah, the new robe doesn't give any +MAG, does it? Good point! Well Alma's at, like, 84% anyway so no way was I gonna set her aside.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
got three tickets from raid ranking

ovelia
medius

Rainbow:

Finally got Orlandu jfc

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

You're making your own macros? There's some online that are really well optimized.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

You have Lapis and non-Lapis options, versions for Nox and Memu... Scroll to the bottom for instructions. Just remember to have a lot of inventory space for material drops.
Actually the macro I got from there did mess up once, the one time it finished a TM it managed to somehow end up on the page for buying item slots, although thankfully only clicking around the buttons.

There's a flaw in that dude's macro that might stick you in a vortex wasting all your NRG (and possibly lapis).

Another dude authored a fixed up script. I ran it overnight with no issues. It feels a lot snappier too, maybe due to the lack of acceleration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/62x2vg/custom_tm_farming_scripts_for_memu/

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

My friend unit is finally starting to not suck, and I'm looking for more goony friends.

Cartoon Man posted:

Reddit says the dagger grants you an easy dual wield for arena matches where it doesn't matter what your total ATK is as long as you can hit the 999 cap.

A DW with 5 atk is still better than no DW. I'm definitely going to be tossing some on my Chizurus for chaining, until I finish more DW materias. Then it'll up the power of some 2nd string teams/units.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I look forward to throwing that dagger on Noctis for some double flasking.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
How does the Arena figure your squad that people fight against?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You can set a party to be Arena, just like you can for Colosseum and Companion.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I gave Dual Wield to Ling and she sadly did not Dance of Death twice, I guess I'll just have to give the dagger to Mercedes or Chizuru to only double their damage output for free :black101:

hagie posted:

How does the Arena figure your squad that people fight against?

It'll default to your last used party iirc, it's way better to have a dedicated arena team and set it under the options like the companion party because otherwise it's a pain in the rear end.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I do have an Arena team, but I was thinking of making a troll team of tanks or hard to kill in one shot units. Main problem is those units don't do huge damage.

I see a lot of teams in there with the current bonus units in there.

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 3, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you want to make a troll team, get a Hope and give it dual wield, barrage and as much HP as you can.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Whys that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hope has the absolute longest attack animation in the game. Dual wield and barrage means 8 hits, it would take like 3 minutes per attack. Give him black belts for double counterattacks too to add to the pain.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You need ribbons or that materia that's basically a ribbon to tank in arena. Status effects are stupidly effective. Cecil and other tank units don't last long vs double fire flask, Ling dance of death, and CoD bladeblitz/barrage dual wield with golem staff :v:
(I also gave Exdeath Death but there's hasn't been a situation where I needed to use it over double Meteor yet. I haven't been unlucky enough to run into the Noctis whale teams though, Blizzard Flask is scary)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I don't have Noctis so no flashing for me. Also I think I sacrificed my Hope for some unit space a few weeks ago.

I'm on 75 or something consecutive wins right now and expecting to take an L any moment now.dont know if I will have 100 by reset. Some how in my first stint in the Arena I have figured out how to game the system and choose my best bet.

At least for this week...

Basically I am not going for points. I'm looking at rank, ratio, then the offered unit (which doesn't mean much). Up until last night I was 3rd in points on my friends list, but ToonMan has edged me out.

I am also struggling with how to EXP with out cactuars. Right now I'm running the 15nrg dungeon because it's easy to manage while I'm at work, and doesn't require much focus. I haven't been impressed with the explorations because it takes so drat long to build up to the right gil. Am I just doing it way wrong? My list of "needs to be maxed" is small currently but it's there...or should I level exclusively from cactuars?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hayate is at 87%. Getting so close to his TM I can almost taste it. Shame that Blade Mastery and Power of Creation are still only around 65% but as they finish I can start cycling in Gaffgarions to make the (up to) 4 bracers I need for Cid and Olive. Lack of a Ramza for a brave suit (or greg ofr genji glove) means I can't BiS my Cid but once I finish the TMs I do have available he'll ultimately be around 900atk at least.

Cry Havoc posted:

got three tickets from raid ranking

ovelia
medius

Rainbow:

Finally got Orlandu jfc

Welcome to the club. I look forward to using your undoubtedly swole Orlandu. :hfive:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I am also struggling with how to EXP with out cactuars. Right now I'm running the 15nrg dungeon because it's easy to manage while I'm at work, and doesn't require much focus. I haven't been impressed with the explorations because it takes so drat long to build up to the right gil. Am I just doing it way wrong? My list of "needs to be maxed" is small currently but it's there...or should I level exclusively from cactuars?

Here is where to farm.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_places_to_farm

I don't know if it's been updated to take into account the Mysidia explorations yet, but Timber Tracks is probably the most bang for your buck.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hayate is at 87%. Getting so close to his TM I can almost taste it. Shame that Blade Mastery and Power of Creation are still only around 65% but as they finish I can start cycling in Gaffgarions to make the (up to) 4 bracers I need for Cid and Olive. Lack of a Ramza for a brave suit (or greg ofr genji glove) means I can't BiS my Cid but once I finish the TMs I do have available he'll ultimately be around 900atk at least.

Welcome to the club. I look forward to using your undoubtedly swole Orlandu. :hfive:

have him nicely geared but wish i hadn't used up all my attack pots on luneth last week

good thing arena is attack pots this week

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Here is where to farm.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_places_to_farm

I don't know if it's been updated to take into account the Mysidia explorations yet, but Timber Tracks is probably the most bang for your buck.

So nothing besides drat explorations

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

So nothing besides drat explorations

If you Macro, they have one for timber tracks.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

If you're like me, and planning on automating explorations to collect eggs, missing out on stealable eggs would be a bummer. Luckily there are some units with LBs that steal. Locke is obviously the best for this, but Paul from the free summons can LB steal as well. Level up a team of those and slap some Lifefont materias on them to keep them alive, and you'll be getting free auto-steals every fight or two.

Are there any other units with steal LBs that I'm missing? Would be nice to have units more durable than garbage FP units.

hagie posted:

I'm on 75 or something consecutive wins right now and expecting to take an L any moment now.dont know if I will have 100 by reset. Some how in my first stint in the Arena I have figured out how to game the system and choose my best bet.
The list for your arena opponents will change every so often. I'm not sure exactly how long, but if you get a list of high rank scary looking opponents, just wait an hour and look again. You might need to force close and restart the app to get the updated list. But you will be able to see a new list without having to do an arena fight.

quote:

In addition to the page Toonman mentioned, there's this one http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Experience_Chart that lets you sort by exp ratio. If you don't want to do explorations, Shipwreck - The Charming Beast gives almost the same exp:nrg ratio as the exp chamber, but also gives rank exp, gil, and materials. It does require a decent friend unit to be able to beat the mermaids at the end, though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

jetz0r posted:

If you're like me, and planning on automating explorations to collect eggs, missing out on stealable eggs would be a bummer. Luckily there are some units with LBs that steal. Locke is obviously the best for this, but Paul from the free summons can LB steal as well. Level up a team of those and slap some Lifefont materias on them to keep them alive, and you'll be getting free auto-steals every fight or two.

The 4* base easter unit gets master thief (passive drop rate boost) and an AOE steal ability.

The thief bracer from vault completion can be given to anyone with steal (which is craftable) for a 100% success rate too IIRC. Give it to Xon if you pull him and that takes care of all stealing. If he gets innate dual wield (going by his sprite) then he could be amazing. If he doesn't get innate dual wield then just give them the craftable dagger.

e: Sorry my mistake, Xon's ability isn't an AOE steal, it's an AOE Mug. Twist of Fate could also be pretty over the top if it means some gimmick boss that gives themselves a +300% stat boost can have the boost not only removed but given to your entire party.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

is the Dwarves Forge Exploration still the best place to farm for Fire Megacryst to make Hero Rings?

• Locked thread