Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Jippa posted:

Why do you all keep referring to farooq as "they"? Isn't that against the rules in itself?

They got snippy the last time they got misgendered, as I understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ah I see.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Goonies remake looking gender/race inclusive

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

loving :lol:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aerdan posted:

They got snippy the last time they got misgendered, as I understand it.

they said "Don't misgender me", as a meme, regardless of what pronoun was used. Because they are very funny, you see.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

they said "Don't misgender me", as a meme, regardless of what pronoun was used. Because they are very funny, you see.

He made me laugh a few times. :ohdear:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So no specific link or anything but what the gently caress is with all these idiot youtube "celebrities" who, over the past year, have just been totally melting down and becoming insane conspiracy theorists thinking youtube is personally out to destroy them? Any time I subject myself to reddit's frontpage there's almost always some 50,000 voted youtube where some idiot talking head is reading some new political manifesto or a 40 min video PROVING google is doing this or that. There's some "h3h3Productions" that always seems to be out on this crusade, fighting against google, mainstream media, and those SJW's trying to ruin the internet. Who the gently caress is this guy even? He's not funny or interesting and all his vids are him and his weird wife rambling about how their friend's youtube channel has lost subscribers and this is a chilling act of censorship by the SJW's at google.

Also I love all these idiots ruining their youtube "careers" when they get outed as nazi's or alt-right shitheads. Not having a lucrative corporate contract is an attack on my freedom of speeeeeeech!!!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Re: speedrunning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Baronjutter posted:

So no specific link or anything but what the gently caress is with all these idiot youtube "celebrities" who, over the past year, have just been totally melting down and becoming insane conspiracy theorists thinking youtube is personally out to destroy them? Any time I subject myself to reddit's frontpage there's almost always some 50,000 voted youtube where some idiot talking head is reading some new political manifesto or a 40 min video PROVING google is doing this or that. There's some "h3h3Productions" that always seems to be out on this crusade, fighting against google, mainstream media, and those SJW's trying to ruin the internet. Who the gently caress is this guy even? He's not funny or interesting and all his vids are him and his weird wife rambling about how their friend's youtube channel has lost subscribers and this is a chilling act of censorship by the SJW's at google.

Also I love all these idiots ruining their youtube "careers" when they get outed as nazi's or alt-right shitheads. Not having a lucrative corporate contract is an attack on my freedom of speeeeeeech!!!

I guess the barrier to entry is so low and the nature of the medium will attract narcissistic peeps so that could be it.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/9KC8iSy.gifv

what is this sport, handball?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

The hilarious part is that h3h3Productions mostly rose to fame by calling out other youtubers who were doing questionable stuff, like PUA/prank videos and gambling streamers. They're basically no different these days

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MNIMWA posted:

http://i.imgur.com/9KC8iSy.gifv

what is this sport, handball?

Yes. Team handball.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The schadenfreude is me because my friend will make me watch a video from that h3h3 guy and I instantly want to claw my eyes out. He has no charisma and his commentary is the most basic, obvious poo poo ever. Like he was mad at some guy who poured molten aluminum on an iphone and was like "uhh don't you think a poor person would like that phone instead??" when this dude is probably raking in that dipshit YouTube money. It's like wat hung a smug twelve year old.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'd rather watch a million alt-right pua mgtow videos than a single useless "react" video. Who sits around to watch someone else's (poorly) faked reaction to, well, anything?

And yeah, h3h3 is boring poo poo and I will never understand how he got popular.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
goons dont understand humor, in shocking revelation. goons in pyf, even less so

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

http://www.unilad.co.uk/nope/bullfighter-savagely-gored-through-the-throat-on-his-debut/

Graphic

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Good.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

your friend a dog posted:

goons dont understand humor, in shocking revelation. goons in pyf, even less so

sup ethan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not since Darren Pang has there been such a horrible rookie performance.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ffffffffuck........ the greatest goon own.................. what if we implied hes the same person..... we dont like? no......... NO.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Serephina posted:

is that supposed to have about half a blurry frame a second? I can't tell what he missed at all

You can't have half an A press blurry frame. Either it's a blurry frame or it's not.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

I remember a news article about gambling problems featuring a guy who bet over/under on the forecasted high temp for the day :psyduck:

I live in Reno and have seen my fair share of problem gamblers and it really is a completely different mindset. A normal person would just look at the temperature forecast and just go about their day. A gambling addict would look at the high temp, think to himself "If I had bet 100 bucks that today would over 78 I'd be in the money". They see it as losing out on 100 dollars they could have won, so they are already in the hole and need to climb out.

This is also why you can watch some guys win 1000's in a single hand of blackjack and be pissed. They think they should have bet even more, so they look at it like they should have better 5000 thousand instead of 1000, so they actually lost 4000. Even when they are winning or staying afloat they feel like they are losing, which is why the keep gambling and gambling to climb out of a hole they aren't actually in, until they actually are.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ffffffffuck........ the greatest goon own.................. what if we implied hes the same person..... we dont like? no......... NO.

I've read this four times and what the gently caress are you talking about

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i really hope someone shoots your friend a dog

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rolo posted:

I've read this four times and what the gently caress are you talking about

pretty obvious if you have one of two things:

1) functioning brain
or
2) working scroll wheel

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pretty obvious if you have one of two things:

1) functioning brain
or
2) working scroll wheel

You just sound like a retard.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

CPColin posted:

You can't have half an A press blurry frame. Either it's a blurry frame or it's not.

Half a (blurry) frame a second

0.5 frames per second and those frames are blurry

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

U-DO Burger posted:

i really hope someone shoots your friend a dog

Who do you shoot someone a dog?

With a dog-cannon?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

spog posted:

Who do you shoot someone a dog?

With a dog-cannon?

If God don't exist, how me a dog shoot your friend a dog?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Christ, people.

Here's 8 minutes of morons on skateboards (warning, you will see limbs bend in ways they shouldn't): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYziUEW-_NE

Senior Woodchuck has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Apr 4, 2017

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I live in Reno and have seen my fair share of problem gamblers and it really is a completely different mindset. A normal person would just look at the temperature forecast and just go about their day. A gambling addict would look at the high temp, think to himself "If I had bet 100 bucks that today would over 78 I'd be in the money". They see it as losing out on 100 dollars they could have won, so they are already in the hole and need to climb out.

This is also why you can watch some guys win 1000's in a single hand of blackjack and be pissed. They think they should have bet even more, so they look at it like they should have better 5000 thousand instead of 1000, so they actually lost 4000. Even when they are winning or staying afloat they feel like they are losing, which is why the keep gambling and gambling to climb out of a hole they aren't actually in, until they actually are.
The psychology of gambling addiction can be really counter-intuitive. Most people will assume that they're chasing a high that comes either when they win, or a high that comes from having winnings at the end of the gambling session, but that's not true.

The high comes from having something on the line, so in that example about the high temp, it more sounds to me like they're lamenting not having something on the line, and thus not getting that high.

It's really one of those WTF things that gambling addicts don't get a high from winning, but it also helps to explain how gamblers can keep gambling even as they get into a deeper hole.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

More like oldgoodness

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
You're not supposed to shoot a dog.

Hope that helps.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Volcott posted:

Hope that helps.

It doesn't help, what helps is hilarious schadenfredue content, like when this man loses his footing:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gross Dude posted:

It doesn't help, what helps is hilarious schadenfredue content, like when this man loses his footing:

Huh, and I thought it was just a loop.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hot Blonde Takes Shot to the Face in Public

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Fine, ya whiner.

Does p. good get posted ITT? I don't recall.

Here's my favorite. Perfectly approachable even if you're not sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volcott posted:

Hope that helps.

You're also not supposed to shoot porcupines cause you can't control your dog. Hopefully also helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Shut the gently caress up about porcupines and dogs, jesus loving christ