Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

its not even the driver, just the uninstaller, icon, and some associated reg keys. AMD does sign their drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i tried to run windows update and it downloaded stuff and then got an error

quote:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80070003)

e: this is actually for Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015438) which has been failing all day apparently. the windows defender update isn't listed in update history

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Last Chance posted:

mac skype for business seems to have a new feature, letting me know when it's poo poo the bed over and over

i started getting "skype needs your attention" notifications every few seconds and when i tapped the notification, it just went to the crash report screen.

then the notifications began again, except this time when i tapped on the notification, it just showed the skype login screen.

solution: i blocked all notifications from skype.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

sfb is awful

defender is fine, but someone hosed up

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Shaggar posted:

are these unsigned drivers?
nope it's part of the official nvidia drivers, the executable is signed and everything. it's a fresh work laptop too, go figure

edit: looks like it's not the first time it's happened, wonder why now: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5jkxzk/so_windows_defender_told_me_vulkan_had_a_virus/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wheany posted:

i started getting "skype needs your attention" notifications every few seconds and when i tapped the notification, it just went to the crash report screen.

then the notifications began again, except this time when i tapped on the notification, it just showed the skype login screen.

solution: i blocked all notifications from skype.

thats the next best solution

best solution: delete skype :unsmigghh:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Powaqoatse posted:

thats the next best solution

best solution: delete skype :unsmigghh:

i can't delete skype, some times i need to send a funny link while i'm pooping

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wheany posted:

put skype in the waste basket anyway

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Microsoft today announced that it’s shutting down CodePlex, its service for hosting repositories of open source software. The service launched in 2006, and now it will be going away on December 15.

While people will be able to download an archive of their data, Microsoft is teaming up with GitHub, which provides similar functionality for hosting code that people can collaborate on, to give users “a streamlined import experience” to migrate code and related content there, Microsoft corporate vice president Brian Harry wrote in a blog post.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Wheany posted:

:yossame: but i use signal for encrypted poop-messaging

i wish i could somehow encrypt my shitposting

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Microsoft today announced that it’s shutting down CodePlex, its service for hosting repositories of open source software. The service launched in 2006, and now it will be going away on December 15.

While people will be able to download an archive of their data, Microsoft is teaming up with GitHub, which provides similar functionality for hosting code that people can collaborate on, to give users “a streamlined import experience” to migrate code and related content there, Microsoft corporate vice president Brian Harry wrote in a blog post.

i completely forgot about codeplex

so did everyone else apparently

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

minivanmegafun posted:

i completely forgot about codeplex

so did everyone else apparently
i used some thing hosted there last year

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sourceforget.net always had a special place in my heart

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
anyone remembers freshmeat?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

thats where i get my rpms

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

yep

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/msdev/status/846829277618343937

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

strange never triggered this dialog box before:

windows' response was to disable auto-hide entirely...

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

i don't know why but my computer thinks it's 1:52pm pst right now. i'm not doing anything weird with the ntp source so it's definitely microsoft's fault.
cool it happened again https://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2017/04/03/windows-time-service-wrong/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol microsoft is a literal broken clock in that broken clock metaphor

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
lol if you don't immediately set your windows clock to sync with nist

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
are there really people not using pool.ntp.org for that poo poo?

edit: nist is fine too

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I checked what I'm using and its time.nist.gov which I don't remember setting on this laptop. normally for windows its time.windows.com

heh http://time.windows.com/

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

I checked what I'm using and its time.nist.gov which I don't remember setting on this laptop. normally for windows its time.windows.com

heh http://time.windows.com/

bienvenue!

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
almost every time i've used time.windows.com it didn't work on the first try, but to hand out the wrong time is quite an achievement

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
My windows time has never been wrong.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
If you hackers and blowing up the garbage files and sucking down the chutes etc you're welcome to do it, and I applaud your courage - but don't blame the brave boys up in Redmond if your own soup is too spicy for you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
some reprobate nabbed my iphone and i'm using a lumia 950 as a loaner.

i take back every good thing i said about windows phone. this flagship phone is a clunky unresponsive POS that somehow performs worse than my four-year-old 5s running the latest ios.

edge is a goddamned trashfire. text appears to render at completely random sizes. and the vibe on this thing is so weak i may as well leave it off.

it gets poo poo signal and it's too loving big.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

i take back every good thing i said about windows phone. this flagship phone is a clunky unresponsive POS that somehow performs worse than my four-year-old 5s running the latest ios.

edge is a goddamned trashfire. text appears to render at completely random sizes. and the vibe on this thing is so weak i may as well leave it off.

lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I talked to a guy yesterday who is still on some kind of win10 phone and he was pining for 8.1 because it at least had polish even if some of the design choices were bad. ran like poo poo, crashed all the time, totally showed that MS no longer cared

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I talked to a guy yesterday who is still on some kind of win10 phone and he was pining for 8.1 because it at least had polish even if some of the design choices were bad. ran like poo poo, crashed all the time, totally showed that MS no longer cared
can you imagine how dispiriting it must be to work on the windows phone team?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

about the same as at blackberry once qnx failed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

about the same as at blackberry once qnx failed
but at msft youre surrounded by divisions full of people doing things that actually are good or at least move the needle a little. other teams get resources and headcount and executive support and people clamoring to join them - i imagine the winphone group is in the subbasement of outbuilding 79 and made up of 80% permatemp contractors managed by mediocrities who couldnt catch on with (or washed out of) a better product group

at least bbry had everyone miserable together

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hmm it's almost like microsoft has a pattern here. i mean, they named the third winphone the winphone ten.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like xbox two scorpio will be shown on thursday

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
you mean the xbox one x?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

you mean the xbox one x?
yea, project scorpio as its called

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yea, project scorpio as its called

Project better name

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

works fine on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wheany posted:

you mean the xbox one x?

xbox //gs

• Locked thread