Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I recently moved to the Caribbean which is like living in an OSHA film but my favorite thing so far is when my boss described trying to kill termites by tipping over a bunch of 55 gallon drums of sulfuric acid onto them on top of a steeply inclined driveway

Now that I think about it, Leinigen vs the Ants is a pretty OSHA story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Volcott posted:

How can you not like a timeless design like this?

I'm not sure who would live there, but I bet she has clothes with shoulder pads.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FogHelmut posted:

We have one of these doors between the kitchen and dining room. What do you need to drive a nail through the wall for? We have pictures on the wall with the door behind it just fine. I used a Hercules hook, but I can't imagine any type of picture or whatever that would need a nail so big as to interfere with the door - unless you're like my mother-in-law who uses 16d framing nails for this task.

A previous tenant decided the bathroom would be improved by another towel bar. The door had a quarter inch horizontal gouge running along it from it scraping every time he closed the door. :downs:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I heart bacon posted:

I'm not sure who would live there, but I bet she has clothes with shoulder pads.

She might be a corrupt executive who's involved in the illegal TEK trade as well.

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!

Facebook Aunt posted:

My tiny apartment has a sliding door on the bathroom and it works really well. The door sort of disappears into the wall when it is open, so it takes up no space at all.

Like this.

The downside is you can't drive a nail through that part of the wall because the door is in there. And it's probably a bit of a pain to instal the kind that disappear into an existing wall, you'd have to tear out part of the wall and reframe it.

That door isn't OSHA enoguh, try this for improved finger-pinching action:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Kennel posted:

The animation doesn't show it but it was 2 AM (and a rural road without light posts).

Also both the truck and the bus had routes planned in such a way that the drivers couldn't get enough rest and had to speed to make their schedules. This is something that's sort of always there on the back of my mind whenever I happen to travel long distance by bus (which is relatively often) as the drivers tend to drive pretty drat fast to stay on schedule regardless of the road and weather conditions.

Hell I've seen bus drivers drive faster than I would dare in a normal passenger car in the same conditions, and it's not even particularly rare. Nothing like the feeling of the bus you're sitting in losing traction on its rear wheels in a tight bend.

Oh yeah and they're total assholes about overtaking slower vehicles, but that's okay because it's really hilarious to stare down the driver of a truck being passed while you're in the toilet taking a piss

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ahh, boiler artillery. Sounds like fun. Or would this be more like a boiler mortar?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ambaire posted:

Ahh, boiler artillery. Sounds like fun. Or would this be more like a boiler mortar?

Looks like a king-sized version of those Mythbusters water heater rocket videos.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ambaire posted:

This is the first post in this thread that's made me go "WHAT THE gently caress" out loud. Because, seriously, what the gently caress was wrong with that truck driver?!?!!! Fairly sure criminal negligence doesn't half cover it when he didn't even seem to be making the slightest effort to slow down and get his load under control. And was the bus driver completely distracted?

Unless the truck was driving without lights it would be easy to see the headlights in an oncoming truck were swerving erratically which means you better start to slow the gently caress down and get ready to go off-road. I watch plenty of these videos on Youtube of the Russian car crash compilations and a direct head on collision is the least desirable outcome of any accident. Obviously flying off the side of a cliff might be worse but in just about every other outcome you will survive without dying. When a semi truck or any car is starting to swerve into your lane, you are better off in almost all cases swerving left.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Neutrino posted:

Unless the truck was driving without lights it would be easy to see the headlights in an oncoming truck were swerving erratically which means you better start to slow the gently caress down and get ready to go off-road. I watch plenty of these videos on Youtube of the Russian car crash compilations and a direct head on collision is the least desirable outcome of any accident. Obviously flying off the side of a cliff might be worse but in just about every other outcome you will survive without dying. When a semi truck or any car is starting to swerve into your lane, you are better off in almost all cases swerving left.
Rollover accidents in coach-type busses have very high fatality and serious injury rates because of the massive side windows that people get ejected through during the rollover sequence. Most of the time the bus is going to be facing a much smaller, lighter vehicle and I would expect a head-on collision to have a lower fatality rate on the bus (though the driver would probably die). If you head-on a big-rear end trailer load though the passengers are hosed.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

That bus driver had years of experience but was lax in his continued education of youtube crash compilation videos.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Neutrino posted:

I watch plenty of these videos on Youtube of the Russian car crash compilations and

same. i'm a bit of an expert really

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

in my opinion the bus driver should have stayed home that day, or possibly rolled the buss over on its left-side wheels, narrowly dodging the trailer in an exciting slow-mo cut before landing with a slight bounce on the suspension

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Neutrino posted:

I watch plenty of these videos on Youtube of the Russian car crash compilations

It's good to have an expert in the house!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I guess stealing poo poo is technically their job.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Is that the trucks rear view cam and did the dude simply break to foil that thief?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Looks like Missouri's new climate of deregulation has created 3 job openings!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Is that the trucks rear view cam and did the dude simply break to foil that thief?

As you may notice this is a recording, so it's not a simple rearview cam.
Yes, they got break checked.

You could say they've been kept in check.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Baronjutter posted:

She might be a corrupt executive who's involved in the illegal TEK trade as well.

Well, the kids have to learn about TEK War sooner or later.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Decrepus posted:

That bus driver had years of experience but was lax in his continued education of youtube crash compilation videos.

lmao

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Forer posted:

So how would fire code like those sliding doors? 'cause I thought one of the reasons doors had to open the way they did was "This is the side people are on if they're trying to leave, so if something's blocking the door they can push it out of the way"

Uh, most homes already fail that miserably if you actually apply it to them.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Powershift posted:

New Fast and Furious looking strangely accurate.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The best bathroom situation is F&Ms in new orleans, they have a piss trough that rounds the whole room except the toilet which is just to the left of the door when you walk in (the whole room is like 12x12'), the door opens outward into the bar. I was extremely drunk at Mardi Gras one year and pissing in the trough, the door opened and the whole bar got a nice view of my junk. That's my "Door opens outward for the bathroom" story.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What happened to you, after everyone discovered you had (still have?) a penis? Were you ejected from the premises for being a genital-having degenerate?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Powershift posted:

Is there any more info about this?? I just keep watching it and come up with more and more questions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The answer is always "because russia" escept when it's "because china"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Is there any more info about this?? I just keep watching it and come up with more and more questions.

Reverse image search on Google turned this up: https://translate.google.com.au/tra...nt/&prev=search

quote:

In vain it seems, this is not a scene in the Fast and the Furious umpteenth chapter. Yes, really audacious thieves attempted to rob a truck while driving, standing behind the trailer, open a door Mercedes bonnet top.

But the driver and noticed only by accident or braked, thereby thwarting the action. In addition to the video, there is no any information about the case, but perhaps none other, in any case, something extraordinary happened between Kiev and Kovel somewhere on the road.

And here's the video the GIF is from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyanYyfwFnM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

see, told ya.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

A barrier designed to gut a car.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

The best bathroom situation is F&Ms in new orleans, they have a piss trough that rounds the whole room except the toilet which is just to the left of the door when you walk in (the whole room is like 12x12'), the door opens outward into the bar. I was extremely drunk at Mardi Gras one year and pissing in the trough, the door opened and the whole bar got a nice view of my junk. That's my "Door opens outward for the bathroom" story.

They got good cheese fries, but your night has been a real shitshow if you end up there at 4 am eating cheese fries.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

:raise:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm the various bits of crank shaft.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Very nice. Reminds me of the story of two Parks Victoria chaps that parked their work ute in long grasses when inspecting firebreaks in early 2009, the year of the Black Saturday bushfires. They came back from their traverse to find a local landowner, incredibly pissed off, who had to put out the grassfire they had started with the exhaust on their vehicle. The ute was destroyed. After checking to make sure they had mobile phone battery and signal, apparently the farmer drove off leaving them to sort out their own rescue.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

What, it's tied off nice and tight!?

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Looks like Pyramid Head left his hat in the middle of the road.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Bacon Taco posted:

Looks like Pyramid Head left his hat in the middle of the road.

Silent Hill is an OSHA nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nenonen posted:

It's good to have an expert in the house!

I literally get paid to watch them. Literally.