Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
you guys should start chanting he will not divide us or something, because between your blind fanaticism or trying to debate in gbs you look pretty pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Prorat posted:

Obama said there is no magic wand that brings jobs back. A president referenced magic. (he is a liar)

He said there is no magic wand and that is false because...

:confused:

Prorat posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States#/media/File:US_coal_production.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining_in_the_United_States

We were at the height of coal production in 2008 before Obama's regulation, you've been brainwashed into thinking coal is dead and has been dead for "nearly 50 years"

A massive glut in production isn't any indicator otherwise. This commodity is on its last legs. From your own link:

quote:

By January 2016, more than 25% of coal production was in bankruptcy in the United States.[5] In 2015 four publicly-traded US coal companies filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, including Patriot Coal Corporation, Walter Energy, and the fourth-largest Alpha Natural Resources filed for bankruptcy protection. The second-largest producer Arch Coal and the largest producer Peabody Energy declared bankruptcy in 2016.[5][6][7] By March 2017, the coal industry employed approximately 77,000 miners. 60,000 jobs have been lost since 2011.[8]

Besides the coal rules being passed so far favor methods of extraction that are less labor intensive so to be quite honest I don't see why they would save jobs at all versus accelerate the loss of existing mining jobs.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 3, 2017

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Mnoba posted:

you guys should start chanting he will not divide us or something, because between your blind fanaticism or trying to debate in gbs you look pretty pathetic

All this hollow uninspired dickwaving makes me wanna put a bunch of ladies in charge as God intended.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Mnoba posted:

Agreed, Prorat and Spunky are pathetic.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mnoba posted:

no, YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Agreed, Prorat and Spunky are pathetic.

I have a different viewpoint from different experiences than you I suppose.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mnoba posted:

Look at how triggered you are.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

the rosneft article says they were planning to sell it. announcing an intent to sell 19% beforehand doesn't mean that alleged involvement with the Trump admin and its quid-pro-quo with sanctions was legal. moreover, I don't see claims that the steele dossier "has no credibility" anywhere but this thread/trumpster tweets, but I do see bits and pieces constantly getting reinforced, like the rosneft deal right as Flynn is talking to 'em, or this piece from four days ago about Kalugin claims (misspelled in dossier as Kulagin) were accurate.

I won't pretend to be an expert on Ukraine foreign policy but based on surfin' wikipedia I'm pretty sure "illegally overthrown in a coup" is a rather... generous reading. "war criminal" is probably too heavy, so I'll cop to that.

I'm not claiming that hillary clinton should be protected from anything so this deflection just feels like spunky's yelling again. moreover, your characterization is a damned-if-you-do/don't situation. one of Spicy's press gaggles had a real good time where he was shouting about THE FORMS, THE FORMS, WE GAVE THEM THE FORMS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? the obvious conclusion is that either Trump let a guy violate the emoluments clause without a fuss, or he's too stupid of a "leader" to give a poo poo about that, in which case what happened to the buck stopping at the president's desk?

obviously I cannot convict tormp based on publicly available evidence, even were I a lawyer of any kind. but as an outside observer all I see is a document that keeps getting backed up while a fat blond Leslie Nielsen shouts NOTHING TO SEE HERE! FAKE NEWS! SAD! over the head-hung-low shadows of his Best People resigning in disgrace, so

the 19.5% figure is the thing a lot of people were latching onto as proof of its veracity, but, like i said, that was publicly available information. the "alleged involvement" has literally no evidence other than the anonymously-sourced steele dossier to support it.

here's what a couple of ostensibly trustworthy fellows had to say about the steele dossier:

quote:

James R. Clapper, until Jan. 20 the nation’s top intelligence officer, was asked about the dossier’s believability on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“Without respect to the veracity of the contents of the dossier, that’s why it was not included as part of our report because much of it could not be corroborated,” said Mr. Clapper, referring to a time President-elect Donald Trump received an intelligence briefing. “And, importantly, some of the sources that Mr. Steele drew on, the second- and third-order assets, we could not validate or corroborate.”

Former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell, a Hillary Clinton adviser, said he learned that Mr. Steele paid his Russian sources and talked to them only through intermediaries, NBC News reported.

“On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke but there is no fire, at all,” Mr. Morell said at an event sponsored by Cipher Brief. “There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.”

here's some more pushback from subjects of the dossier, not quite as authoritative as known perjurer james clapper, but i think their objections like "i've never been to prague" are reasonably believable

quote:

People pilloried in the dossier say it is fiction.

Mr. Steele said Mr. Trump’s attorney, Michael D. Cohen, met in Prague with members of Russian intelligence. Mr. Cohen said he was in Los Angeles at the time and showed his passport to Mr. Trump to prove he had never visited Prague. Mr. Cohen said everything about him in the dossier is false.

The dossier said the Russian intelligence hacking of the Democratic National Committee was conducted by the technology company XBT, run by Russian entrepreneur Aleksej Gubarev.

Mr. Gubarev has sued Buzzfeed, which posted the dossier online, and Mr. Steele. Mr. Gubarev said the charges are outrageous and greatly damaged his businesses.

Then there is Carter Page, a Naval Academy graduate who worked in Moscow for Merrill Lynch and now runs the investment firm Global Energy Capital in New York.

Like many American businessmen, Mr. Page has ties to Russian scholars and energy executives. His relationship with the Trump campaign was always unclear. He seems to have been a nominal adviser when the campaign was building up a staff, but they parted ways as anything Russia-related began to tar the Trump campaign.

“I’m constantly being attacked [because of the Steele] fake intel report,” Mr. Page told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “Everything about me is completely false and so inaccurate.”

He singled out the supposed Rosneft deal as pure fiction. He said he was never offered a brokerage free to influence Mr. Trump.

Investigative reporter Bob Woodward has called the Steele dossier “garbage.”
source for both quotes: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/21/discredited-dossier-detailing-trump-russian-collus/

anyhow, that president was illegally overthrown in a coup. whether he won the election fairly in the first place, well... that's another story, but it's all immaterial to manafort's role as an advisor to yanukovych's party over years when he was both out of and in power. as for clinton, i didn't mean it as a deflection, just as an example of how this sort of thing typically works. from what i understand, accepting payments to act as an agent of a foreign government isn't actually something that is rigorously enforced, and it's not super unusual for people to register years after the fact with no repercussions. they frequently cite ignorance of the law for failure to register, and that's apparently acceptable for whatever reason. giving speeches to RT wouldn't even qualify as acting as a foreign agent though, and flynn ended up registering as an agent of the turkish government. as for the trump administration's reaction- it was pretty standard. push back on what seems to be nothing, evidence emerges that there may be something, have the guy resign so it's no longer an issue. haha, the buck stopping at the president's desk? c'mon. :) one of obama's favorite lines was "i'm only now learning about *insert outrage* from the news, just like you!" even in instances where that was demonstrably false.

i appreciate the sources. thanks for your time, and reasoned discussion.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rosneft is like pizzagate for lefties.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mnoba posted:

little snowflake is shaking

trump sucks

hillary sucks

bernie would have won

harambe 2020

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
almost forgot to address the kalugin bit. it's standard practice for a number of "diplomats" to actually be spies, and that's information that is frequently well known not only in the intelligence community (like MI6), but sometimes even in the high society of whatever city they operate in, as well. in other words, it's not some kind of bombshell revelation, but rather something that you could've probably figured out by attending the right cocktail parties in washington.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I wish we sold more uranium to russia so people could get mad even more. Every day i wake up shaking because I know russia is making nuclear warheads and holding it above us american citizens like a giant dickwaving contest that we can't compete. I'm glad daddy trump is making america great again by golfing, brb gonna buy a copy of neo turf masters.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

i appreciate the sources. thanks for your time, and reasoned discussion.

this is not appreciated, tovarisch!!!

I know about clapper and morell, woodward is new to me. I don't doubt that the quotes are factual, though quotes from carter page denying things do nothing for me. but searching on rowan scarborough, looking at his and WT's twitter feeds, and scrolling down in that article give me pause. the enormous "INVEST IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MAINSTREAM MEDIA BIAS" bit with the "give us money" button makes me wonder if mr scarborough managed to write a detached article fully exploring the issue.

anyway, cheers. gonna go gargle some piss

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Dizz posted:

I wish we sold more uranium to russia so people could get mad even more. Every day i wake up shaking because I know russia is making nuclear warheads and holding it above us american citizens like a giant dickwaving contest that we can't compete. I'm glad daddy trump is making america great again by golfing, brb gonna buy a copy of neo turf masters.

You can afford to collect NeoGeo games? Typical liberal blue blood looking down on the poor working class Nintendo collectors. I'd love to collect NeoGeo games but I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth you trust fund brat!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

this is not appreciated, tovarisch!!!

I know about clapper and morell, woodward is new to me. I don't doubt that the quotes are factual, though quotes from carter page denying things do nothing for me. but searching on rowan scarborough, looking at his and WT's twitter feeds, and scrolling down in that article give me pause. the enormous "INVEST IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MAINSTREAM MEDIA BIAS" bit with the "give us money" button makes me wonder if mr scarborough managed to write a detached article fully exploring the issue.

anyway, cheers. gonna go gargle some piss

it's the washington times, they're a right wing newspaper. cheers!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I didn't read the past two or three pages but I can still confidently state that you're all dumb, nothing matters, hail satan.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

I didn't read the past two or three pages but I can still confidently state that you're all dumb, nothing matters, hail satan.

we can all lol together at how to do you lose an election to an orange cheeto when you are given debate questions before hand, and leaked classified unmasked to the press lmao

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Other than the lol about getting the debate questions early, what does it matter? most of the debates Clinton had decent prepared answers and Trump rambled incoherently.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Other than the lol about getting the debate questions early, what does it matter? most of the debates Clinton had decent prepared answers and Trump rambled incoherently.

because he didn't know the questions before hand maybe?

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/849008842776223744

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
if susan rice roles on obama he's going to prison lmao

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

really queer Christmas posted:

hail satan

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Mnoba posted:

because he didn't know the questions before hand maybe?

Lol no, Trump could barely manage to stay on topic or even reasonably close to the topic during the debates. No one voted for Trump for his nuanced and detailed answers, they voted for him because they are desperate idiots that clap at the words bigly.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Big League. Did you watch that video I posted earlier where they swapped genders of Trump and Hillary and had them recreate the mannerisms and the debate word-for-word? If not, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

lol at shilling her book at the end

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 3, 2017

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Lol no, Trump could barely manage to stay on topic or even reasonably close to the topic during the debates. No one voted for Trump for his nuanced and detailed answers, they voted for him because they are desperate idiots that clap at the words bigly.

you are smarter than 63 million americans, you think pretty highly of yourself bro good job i bet you are really successful!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Mnoba posted:

you are smarter than 63 million americans, you think pretty highly of yourself bro good job i bet you are really successful!

63 million american retards. lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Feminasty Slut posted:

63 million american retards. lmao

That seems like a low figure imo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

Big League. Did you watch that video I posted earlier where they swapped genders of Trump and Hillary and had them recreate the mannerisms and the debate word-for-word? If not, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

lol at shilling her book at the end

I want female Trump to piss on my face

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
everyone posting in this thread is loving retarded

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Mnoba posted:

Well this is the country that thought lovely reality TV star Donald Trump would be a good president so being smarter than those people isn't really setting the bar to high.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why trump golf all he time

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
and if he golf all the time why so fat

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Better start eating your Wheaties we are going to need you guys in tip-top shape for the upcoming ground war with Russia that the Democrats seemed hellbent on trying to force.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
"Communications with Russians" is the left's "Weapons of mass destruction", but you are too smart to get the wool pulled over your eyes, right? Right?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Poetic Justice posted:

Better start eating your Wheaties we are going to need you guys in tip-top shape for the upcoming ground war with Russia that the Democrats seemed hellbent on trying to force.

im going to be fat and covered with semen,

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

basically bring it on im ready for war right now

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

"Communications with Russians" is the left's "Weapons of mass destruction", but you are too smart to get the wool pulled over your eyes, right? Right?

that blackwater/russian story that hit today might just be the saddest attempt at it, it's unironically being linked and celebrated in d&d lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Hahaha, oh my God you really believe this, don't you?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Hahaha, oh my God you really believe this, don't you?

What do you think the end game of all this garbage narrative is? Just trying to get Trump impeached? Think beyond that.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
As opposed to Donald Trump, who's looking to get us in another endless war in Yemen?

:qq: Stop it! Stop being mean to poor little Trump! :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
^Nice "whataboutism"

They are doing exactly the same poo poo Bush did. Trying to rile people up against Russia, getting the media behind the message pushing the false narrative and information, and people are falling for it again. It's amazing.

• Locked thread