Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man posted:

I feel all tingly inside whenever JivJov explains why it's ok for Nintendo to charge us more for stuff.

I mean...that's literally how business works. You make a product, you sell it to people. Microsoft and Sony do the same thing.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has the same MSRP as Mario Kart 8 and comes with more content. Like...you're literally getting more value for money here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mario Kart 8 came out 3 years ago

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Buca di Bepis posted:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out in 25 days.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It should be a $10 DLC for owners of MK8

Send in your UPC code as proof of purchase

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Buca di Bepis posted:

It should be a $10 DLC for owners of MK8

Send in your UPC code as proof of purchase
It's impossible to own Mario Kart 8 for Switch.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's correct

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Mario Kart Blanche

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
NBA 2k18 is probably going to be the best 3rd party game on the Switch this year. NBA 2k is easily the best simulation sports series.

I wish EA would make an updated version of NBA Jam On Fire Edition for this system. It'd be perfect with the joy cons for multiplayer anywhere. What was with almost no Mario Sports last gen? I think Tennis was ruined because they rushed it out the door to have a release to cover for Zelda's delay. Coming from the Wii having great Mario Soccer and Baseball to last gen having a have assed Tennis wasn't cool. RIP fun Wii controls for Mario Baseball, you were the first baseball video game I liked since Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB on the SNES.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There should be some sort of token discount for WIi U owners

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

There should be some sort of token discount for WIi U owners
I got a 50% discount by trading in my MK8 for $30

I feel pretty good about it.

These pants should be discounted because I bought pants three years ago and they were the same!

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Mario Kart Blanche

I prefer Mario Kart Dorothy myself

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I wasnt going to buy Mario Kart again but then I saw the trade in values for 7 and 8 would cover it and it's not like I was ever going to go back to those

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

patonthebach posted:

Is the switch going to get EA sports games? I need The Show or maybe Madden to really be a good timesink if i'm going to buy this thing. And any chance of Fallout or Dues Ex to go with Skyirm?

Not only does Sony own/produce The Show but they killed off the Vita version of it a season or two ago so now I have two great handhelds in the Switch and Vita and zero modern baseball games to play on them. :sigh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Bloop posted:

These pants should be discounted because I bought pants three years ago and they were the same!

You'll find them at TJ Maxx for 80% off

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Buca di Bepis posted:

I guess it would have been better if they slapped a 9 on it and had the same tracks but "they're legacy MK8 tracks for nostalgia!"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Yeah but if you buy new underwear you don't have to pay for a new license to keep wearing the same pants over them. I think? Pants piracy?

Since Puyo Puyo Tetris is made by Sega, does it play like Sega Tetris or are all games 100% forced to use the weird Tetris Company guidelines now?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Yeah but if you buy new underwear you don't have to pay for a new license to keep wearing the same pants over them. I think? Pants piracy?

Since Puyo Puyo Tetris is made by Sega, does it play like Sega Tetris or are all games 100% forced to use the weird Tetris Company guidelines now?

It has T-spins and holds if that's what you're asking

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

If you have a pair of underwear and gain 200 pounds, you don't get to take it to a tailor and get them refitted for free either

not that the analogy even really makes sense in the first place but the upshot is "porting a game to a new console is not generally cheap and easy", if you buy skyrim on steam you don't yell at bethesda about how them not giving you a free copy of it for ps4 is highway robbery so I'm not sure why it's suddenly worse when Nintendo does it, beyond "this is the nintendo thread and people come in looking for reasons to bitch about stuff"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm mostly wondering about the piece rotation because going back and forth between Puyo and Tetris is going to be weird if you can wall kick and/or infinite spin in one but not the other.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If you have a pair of underwear and gain 200 pounds, you don't get to take it to a tailor and get them refitted for free either

If you're the world's fattest man, is anyone really being deprived of anything if you shoplift some underwear that fits you because there's no way anyone else could wear it?

(No, someone that fat wouldn't be able to go to the store.)

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 4, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If you are pissed about how much MK8D costs, then trade in the Wii U version now and get like $25 for it while you still can. And remember that if you got it early you also got Pikmin 3 or some other game for free that you still keep. If you factor that each game was half the cost, that means you got MK8 for a couple years for about $5.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

The DLC was like $12 or $15 for the combo. So if you price out the battle stages as if they were another DLC pack, that's like ~$20 worth of extra content over what the Wii U version launched with.

Don't you get extra characters and karts now too?

I don't know, $60 isn't too bad for all that poo poo though I think $40 would be a better price point.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Don't you get extra characters and karts now too?

I don't know, $60 isn't too bad for all that poo poo though I think $40 would be a better price point.

Yes; you get all the characters and karts introduced in the old DLCs built in by default in Deluxe, as well as the Inkling, and a couple other new characters.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Bloop posted:

I got a 50% discount by trading in my MK8 for $30

I feel pretty good about it.

I had to buy JNCOs to carry my switch around in my pockets, so yes, actually I should get a pants refund via eshop funds as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As far as I'm concerned Mario kart 8 has five characters. Ultra light, light, medium, heavy, and super heavy. Anything they add on that is just cosmetic skins with no gameplay effect.

Like, now that we have dry bones I can select five identical ultra light characters instead of four. Whoopee.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's also in 1080p unlike on Wii U which will be cool since the game already looked really nice on that.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

parallelodad posted:

As far as I'm concerned Mario kart 8 has five characters. Ultra light, light, medium, heavy, and super heavy. Anything they add on that is just cosmetic skins with no gameplay effect.

Like, now that we have dry bones I can select five identical ultra light characters instead of four. Whoopee.

I don't really see how that's a problem. Sometimes I wanna look a certain way without sacrificing my gameplay.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

not that the analogy even really makes sense in the first place but the upshot is "porting a game to a new console is not generally cheap and easy", if you buy skyrim on steam you don't yell at bethesda about how them not giving you a free copy of it for ps4 is highway robbery so I'm not sure why it's suddenly worse when Nintendo does it, beyond "this is the nintendo thread and people come in looking for reasons to bitch about stuff"

Skyrim was probably one of the worst examples you could've picked because they gave the upgraded version for free to Steam owners of the original version almost entirely because that was the base for the PS4/Xbox One versions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes you gotta pay full price for a three year old game that previously came with a free game to do that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mario kart 8 deluxe is going to be ownage

thats all i care about

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I think I saw it asked a week or two back but I got a chance to try this weekend - plugged Bomberman into my Switch, redeemed rewards. Plugged into friends switch, got a message that it had been redeemed. So rewards are tied to carts if you ever buy used.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope Birdo is in this deluxe version

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

parallelodad posted:

Sometimes you gotta pay full price for a three year old game that previously came with a free game to do that.

also lol, yeah it was a better deal three years ago lmao. I'll buy it again because i'm a dipshit but it's funny that it's full price still.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I say token discount and you all act like I said pff I should get it free loving rip off Nintendo.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

parallelodad posted:

Dry Bones is a cool skeleton, though

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

chaleski posted:

Can you break BotW over your knee with all the item drops this could give you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWaOidQrSFo

Also check Walmarts for new stock, I went by my local one today and there were at least 6 Switches in the case this afternoon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Can someone reopen the wii u thread please

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

parallelodad posted:

So you basically mean like any other Mario Kart ever?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

Why even bother animating characters at all? I bet if Splatoon was still just grey and black tofu squares in a black and white Atari Combat dungeon, it would be half the price!

Also, what's it like being a soulless robot?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

20% of 40 is 8

The 2 dollar difference is insignificant to my vast sums of wealth :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please check ouy byob from time to time for less angry nintendo switch talk

• Locked thread