Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

"Racism is bad!" He says, drawing a racist stereotype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Duke Igthorn posted:

Just catching up and I wanted to throw in my favorite Toad Rule moment: his Mother's Day comic was all about how he, Ped Shule, overcame his mother's inability to speak English well to become great.

That's nothing, I had a Canadian accent growing up in Australia boy howdy did I get some poo poo I know how it feels to be an Aborigine or maybe an Asian in Australia.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Unlike Ted, who's just spent his entire career wallowing in the pigshit that is his drawing style.

It's not his style, it's more like a child copying Matt Groening

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
What is the difference between Third Rail's lovely comics and Life In Hell?

The answer may surprise you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm excited to see what Garrison/Dees-level delusions Branco will come up with when he runs out of excuses for Trump's behavior. :allears:

Can't run out if you use the same excuse.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

I still have no idea how Kirschen stays employed. I guess they just don't give a poo poo and they're probably paying him less than an actual staff cartoonist.

They might just be waiting on him to die, but that adventuring party they hired hasn't managed to destroy his phylactery yet.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

I still have no idea how Kirschen stays employed. I guess they just don't give a poo poo and they're probably paying him less than an actual staff cartoonist.
Didn't someone say some rich right wing guy in Israel gives him a bunch of money?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

You are right and if I met Derf I'd apologise for dragging his name through the mud.
I should have compared Tedd to Branco.

Derf is seriously the best cartoonist for when you're really craving a big old plate of "Actually, Sheeple, Materialism And Corporatism Are Bad" with some rich, hearty "I Saw A Fat/Homeless In Public (And Stared At Them)" on the side. just like my edgy old mam-mam used to make. :discourse:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have to wonder if Priggee chose this metaphor as a deliberate gently caress-you -- Trump doesn't drink because his brother died of alcoholism.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Finally managed to track down JaggerMcDagger's scan of "My War with Brian":
http://imgur.com/a/0U7J6

It's missing some of the most important pages (Brian getting disemboweled), and the little excerpt from Rall's testimony in an unrelated trial going "this part is untrue" etc. Anyone got either?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 4, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pakled posted:

By this time in 2013, nobody was talking about Romney, but Trump has so little going for him that conservatives don't have anything to rally around except "Hillary is so bad, guys."

To be fair, it's hard to talk about someone when their very existence fades out of your memory two minutes after seeing or hearing them

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Angepain posted:

To be fair, it's hard to talk about someone when their very existence fades out of your memory two minutes after seeing or hearing them

Nonsense, how could we ever forget the man who gave us :mitt:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Selachian posted:

I have to wonder if Priggee chose this metaphor as a deliberate gently caress-you -- Trump doesn't drink because his brother died of alcoholism.

I believe the point™ is that while ego-stroking fake news may not be alcohol, it's still a self-destructive addiction that he's indulging in to the fullest, yes.

Xander77 posted:

Finally managed to track down JaggerMcDagger's "My War with Brian":

It's missing some of the most important pages (Brian getting disemboweled), and the little excerpt from Rall's testimony going "this part is untrue" etc. Anyone got either?

It has the first of those at least. :whoptc:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Xander77 posted:

Finally managed to track down JaggerMcDagger's scan of "My War with Brian":

It's missing some of the most important pages (Brian getting disemboweled), and the little excerpt from Rall's testimony in an unrelated trial going "this part is untrue" etc. Anyone got either?

I don't know about the latter part, but here's the disemboweling sequence.
http://imgur.com/a/TThtK

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe:

David Pope:

Glen Le Lievre:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Starving Wolf posted:

"I disemboweled a man by sabotaging some machinery and called him a human being but I'M THE VICTIM :qq:"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If it helps at all I'm 100% that entire book by Rall is fake as gently caress.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starving Wolf posted:

Thanks. Edited.

OldTennisCourt posted:

If it helps at all I'm 100% that entire book by Rall is fake as gently caress.
I can't believe none of the posters reacting to the original posts / quoted in my repost came up with this bit of insight.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 4, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Not sure if these Wuerkers were posted:

Benson:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Stiglich is infuriating

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Lisa Benson may be the stupidest artist in the entire thread, which is actually impressive in its own way.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Lisa Benson may be the stupidest artist in the entire thread, which is actually impressive in its own way.

ok we just had a bunch of Rob Smith Jr posted a few days ago

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Hmm, looks like there's a little TOO much environmental protection going on around here

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

loquacius posted:

ok we just had a bunch of Rob Smith Jr posted a few days ago

Literally every Benson is "Yay! The government is doing something that will hurt everyone!" Like, if Assay is the next step beyond AGCing, Benson is the next step beyond Assay.

AGC
(Homosexual walks into an adoption agency): "Yes, give me the impressionable one! BWA HA HA!"
[:goonsay:"He wants to be able to teach good, respectable values to his kids. AGC!"]

Assay
That actual cartoon he did with the two smiling, happy, normal gay dudes and a smiling, normal, happy kid with the caption "THE LIBERALS THINK THIS IS NORMAL!"

Benson
(A smiling, fatherly Mike Pence): Don't worry, my boy, the shocks will make you a human being again!
(Gay person): Gosh, that'll be swell! Thank you Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence!
(Former lesbian in the background weeps tears of joy and hugs a bible)
(Caption): Everyone loves going to camp!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Benson's starting to make my most-hated list just for consistently presenting unprecedented things as ordinary through the most generic cheerleading cartoons imaginable.

She doesn't even tell jokes!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

This is a mildly amusing and fairly apt visual metaphor from Benson, of all people. (I guess there's an intended implication that Britain's EU membership is a bad thing, but it works on an A Thing Happened level.)

quote:

This, on the other hand, is infuriating.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Voyager I posted:

Benson's starting to make my most-hated list just for consistently presenting unprecedented things as ordinary through the most generic cheerleading cartoons imaginable.

She doesn't even tell jokes!

Benson's basically Animal Nuz, but for terrible things, and without even dad-joke-level animal puns for the names.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Remember when Ted Rall's response to being called out on his polite conversation about restaurants with the police officer in the audio recording was to compare himself to a rape victim?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

What if Brian was just an allegory for the LAPD

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Then what do they use to verify?

The subject making GBS threads their pants after the leak.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Not to give this guy any credit, but there's soon gonna be a time that even the shittiest CRT is gonna be worth a nickle on account of they're actually no longer being made, and you got fickle dweebs over in Games and the web beyond sweating over whether or not they can play they Super Nintendos on a goddamn Curtis Mathis or Sony Wega, because that's the only way they can get hard any more. Drunky's a piece of poo poo, but on the other hand - yeah, I totally see a dork dropping six hundo on a lovely teevee what so the colors on they NES is properly washed out.

Hey, just like those schmucks that still buy records because they SOUND BETTER.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old consoles do look better on old tvs, but I'll be damned if I keep one around to relive my Yoshi's Island nostalgia.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

World Famous W posted:

Old consoles do look better on old tvs, but I'll be damned if I keep one around to relive my Yoshi's Island nostalgia.

I recently got the Mega Man Legacy Collection, and it doesn't feel right unless I play it with the scanline filter turned on.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Lol at Oscar the Grouch just loving this poo poo.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Grimdude posted:

Lol at Oscar the Grouch just loving this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EA_40Hj05I

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

No wonder PBS is getting defunded.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Burt Buckle posted:

No wonder PBS is getting defunded.

They were even less subtle the first time they did it.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006