Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bennyfranks posted:

what are you guys gonna name your guy

Gabriel Belmont on account of the fact I am playing Lords of Shadow right now and I need a protagonist with a dead wife and no personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was gonna call my guy Cyclone but then I had to remind myself this is 80 hours of the joke

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bewilderment posted:

When my work day is over I'm going to go into a store and buy it like a regular human being, having not pre-ordered it and therefore not having to wait for any shipping.

otoh if you knew you were going to get it on launch day anyway, pre-ordering just means you get a cool steelbook for free. owned.

i'm going to gamestop here in about 30 to pick up my copy, they're doing that weird/silly thing where they can't sell it to tomorrow but they'll sell it right after the store hours end and roll the transactions onto tomorrow morning. i hope I don't have to wait in line

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

bennyfranks posted:

I name all my SMT guys Jesus Christ because it is both apt and funny to me.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Can you switch between japanese and english VO whenever you want in this one, or is it a start of a new game only kind of deal?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can switch any time you like. Movie subs are a separate option that also needs to be toggled on and so far the game is kind of weird about what it does and doesn't bother subtitling in them.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Magna Kaser posted:

Can you switch between japanese and english VO whenever you want in this one, or is it a start of a new game only kind of deal?

You change it by pressing triangle at the save screen. Don't know why it's not in the options but there is a way to do it.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

You can switch any time you like. Movie subs are a separate option that also needs to be toggled on and so far the game is kind of weird about what it does and doesn't bother subtitling in them.

Good to know. Now I won't have that lingering regret thinking I chose the wrong one the whole time. I will probably still just pick JP like a huge goon

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

Gabriel Belmont on account of the fact I am playing Lords of Shadow right now and I need a protagonist with a dead wife and no personality

What

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna give mine a korean name just to make this game's political commentary extremely lol

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

So, is this game alright? I know it's hyped to high heaven, but is it actually good/fun?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Trick Question posted:

So, is this game alright? I know it's hyped to high heaven, but is it actually good/fun?

It Is Good

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

wizard on a water slide posted:

otoh if you knew you were going to get it on launch day anyway, pre-ordering just means you get a cool steelbook for free. owned.

Where I live they're literally not selling any edition that isn't the steelbook edition :australia:

Also clearly the right answer for player name is Jean Valjean.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I've got the game now but I'm going to wait to play it in a few hours

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

bewilderment posted:

Where I live they're literally not selling any edition that isn't the steelbook edition :australia:
I ordered an American collector's edition from Hong Kong. Ask me anything.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

bennyfranks posted:

Austin Powers.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

bennyfranks posted:

I named my guy after me, so I'll also be going with 'Goku Sephiroth'.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

bennyfranks posted:

I named all my persona guys after old time baseball players. p5 will be walter johnson.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Waited through all the delays and finally the day comes when it's going to be here. Check the tracking.

Though Amazon keeps assuring me that no, it will be here tomorrow!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Katagiri Yatou 「硬桐蛇塔」

It includes the characters for "Solid" and "Snake" and the given name can also mean "bandit"

High level punnage

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I haven't had a good name since Ohso Emo worked out perfectly for P3's protagonist. Probably go for the easy win and name him Four Bitch purely so the commentary reads "Do you love me, Four-chan?" and "Bitch, what do we do?"

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Still trying to decide between normal and hard for when I get it tomorrow. I like a challenge but I hope it doesn't lead to bullshit deaths.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
90% of your deaths will be Joker dying to muudo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Push El Burrito posted:

Waited through all the delays and finally the day comes when it's going to be here. Check the tracking.

Though Amazon keeps assuring me that no, it will be here tomorrow!

Congrats that amazon shipped yours at all! I guess giving them a year's warning wasn't quite enough time for me.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Kid gets expelled and put on probation sooooo he moves out to a hip city, gets his own sick loft room above a speakeasy and gets all the curry and coffee he wants? That would be awesome what teenager wouldn't want that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Saint Freak posted:

Congrats that amazon shipped yours at all! I guess giving them a year's warning wasn't quite enough time for me.

Oh no it still just keeps saying "Shipping April 4th" but it's also supposed to be here on April 4th according to two different Amazon folks.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

When I pre-order games from Amazon they get delivered before Amazon ever updates the status

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Vitamin P posted:

Kid gets expelled and put on probation sooooo he moves out to a hip city, gets his own sick loft room above a speakeasy and gets all the curry and coffee he wants? That would be awesome what teenager wouldn't want that.
yeah honestly the premise of a 16 year old with a record getting a loft room above a coffee shop, far away from parents and being alone there at night is the exact opposite of the way the game presents it, that sounds sick as hell

like get some posters on the wall, string some lights up, some incense and a bong in the corner, this is a tight pad, great punishment cops

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Katagiri Yatou 「硬桐蛇塔」

It includes the characters for "Solid" and "Snake" and the given name can also mean "bandit"

High level punnage
One two three four
I declare a pun war

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just got home with my Take Your Heart edition hell yeah pointless poo poo I don't need.

Also the guy behind the counter asked me to explain Drakengard 3 (and 1 and NieR) to him in a crowded store as he was thinking of getting Automata so I had a lot of fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just got home with my Take Your Heart edition hell yeah pointless poo poo I don't need.

Also the guy behind the counter asked me to explain Drakengard 3 (and 1 and NieR) to him in a crowded store as he was thinking of getting Automata so I had a lot of fun.

I hope your summary was "Everything sucks, and then you die, and then everything sucks."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you should have just said 'so in the first game you team up with a pedophile and a cannibal to fight giant babies, and then you get transported to tokyo and get shot down by japanese fighter jets that infect everyone with a zombie virus, and then nier takes place in a post-post apocalyptic tokyo-' and seen how long it took him to accuse you of making it up

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Going to watch the intro vid a few times before I play

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
My copy is right down the road in the Amazon Distribution Center. It's suppose to get here tomorrow before 8pm.
It's a 20 minute drive away!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

only an hour and 15 minutes before i launch this game on a ps4 and play it.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

only an hour and 15 minutes before i launch this game on a ps4 and play it.

:yeah:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Kortel posted:

My copy is right down the road in the Amazon Distribution Center. It's suppose to get here tomorrow before 8pm.
It's a 20 minute drive away!

Breaking in and stealing it would be most apropos.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Dan Didio posted:

Breaking in and stealing it would be most apropos.

No judge would convict me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What the gently caress is this Igor voice.

Who is this man

Endorph posted:

you should have just said 'so in the first game you team up with a pedophile and a cannibal to fight giant babies, and then you get transported to tokyo and get shot down by japanese fighter jets that infect everyone with a zombie virus, and then nier takes place in a post-post apocalyptic tokyo-' and seen how long it took him to accuse you of making it up

That last part actually happened, followed by him asking "how much of this is actually important?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What the gently caress is this Igor voice.

Who is this man

That last part actually happened, followed by him asking "how much of this is actually important?"

Igor's voice actor died and the Japanese version also pretty significantly changed him so it reflects that.