Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What characters on this roster haven't interacted before? Or haven't more than like once in some obscure thing? I'm curious what characters they have to invent stuff for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

What characters on this roster haven't interacted before? Or haven't more than like once in some obscure thing? I'm curious what characters they have to invent stuff for.

The following characters are all new to the game:

Atrocitus
Brainiac
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Captain Cold
Cheetah
Doctor Fate
Darkseid
Deadshot
Firestorm
Gorilla Grodd
Poison Ivy
Robin, Damian Wayne edition
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing
Supergirl

If you're talking about like, in the comics, then probably Damian and Swamp Thing are the most unique ousiders but I could be wrong. I hope Darkseid and Blue Beetle get a "you look like a goober" "so do you" intro.

MKX was great at this but the DLC characters had pretty much no interactions besides "ready to fight" or "what are you doing here" which I understand since its DLC, but I do hope they did their homework with future characters and even premiere skin stuff. Granted it's a lot of extra work but NRS has always been the tops when it comes to presentation and longform support of the games.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah I meant in the comics. I have no idea if say, Dr Fate and Deadshot would ever have met outside this game, for example. Or Swamp Thing and Darkseid. The weird combos for intro and clash dialogue could be really interesting.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm pretty sure Swamp Thing has met the New Gods at some point during Alan Moore's run, not sure about Darkseid.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Sdoots posted:

I am going to be genuinely disappointed now if Swamp Thing doesn't say "I am from the swamp what are you talking about" in one of the clash dialogues now. I sincerely want him to have a character that he interacts with in nothing but confused and concerned tones.

One of my favorite moments from the Justice League United comic was Stargirl hastily trying to summon Swamp Thing by firing beams into a swamp and he appears in a massive growth to basically say, "Hey cut that out."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Good news, everyone: we're getting a triple threat Watchtower stream of Flash, Captain Cold, and Bane April 5th at 3pm CST! Hopefully the character vids will be ramped up now that everyone's (likely) revealed. I'm pretty certain Flash/Bane will be bringing some new poo poo to the table--Flash especially, as you probably noticed he has barely been put into any demo reels.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stoked about Flash, or more specifically Zoom. Will be interesting to see if he's been retooled much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New shattered alliances trailer coming up April 6

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/849245186039230467

doubt it 's going to unveil any new characters, unless...?

Edit: also I would have thought Black Adam was regime and not society ( I think that's him kicking Jordan's rear end)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in-depth gameplay we still haven't seen yet:

Grodd
Deadshot
Ivy
Braniac
Catwoman
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Firestorm
Black Adam
Scarecrow
Aquaman

Curious to see if Cyborg was changed from poo poo-tier with a hilariously awful ability to anything else. We've seen quite a bit of Grodd but haven't gone terrifically deep into his basics.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

in-depth gameplay we still haven't seen yet:

Grodd
Deadshot
Ivy
Braniac
Catwoman
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Firestorm
Black Adam
Scarecrow
Aquaman

Curious to see if Cyborg was changed from poo poo-tier with a hilariously awful ability to anything else. We've seen quite a bit of Grodd but haven't gone terrifically deep into his basics.

Cyborg was top tier until they nerfed his fireball, wasn't he?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Cyborg was top tier until they nerfed his fireball, wasn't he?

Sort of--at one point he had a gamebreaking zoning tactic (an instant air fireball) then it was patched and he immediately was forgotten due to owning terrible combos and a flat-out worthless trait.

I loving hate referring to "tier lists" but Cyborg was probably in the bottom 5 of Injustice after various balance patches.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 4, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Out of curiosity who would you say the bottom 5 injustice characters were? If you say Catwoman I will have to melt downchallenge you!

But yeah cyborg is lame as poo poo and only made it in because he's in all tv shows. He's the only lame-rear end character that's returning!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I loving hate referring to "tier lists"

why, they are a thing.

Cyborg could instant air fireball like Kabal in mk9(think marvel 3 morrigan level of fireball output) so for the bulk of the cast they had a hell of a time getting in on him.

But yeah once that was taken away he was poo poo because he had nothing and was a poorly thought out character.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tier list of Injustice was basically Manhunter/Superman/Aquaman, followed by everyone else, followed by Cyborg. Anything annoying was usually due to either a character having an obviously better trait (the 3 mentioned) or exceptionally spammy projectiles like Cyborg, which in some instances were nerfed. Maybe it's just me but I felt Injustice was the least balanced game of the New NRS games since MK9.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Remember really early in the game's life someone won a tournament spamming Deathstroke guns?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Remember really early in the game's life someone won a tournament spamming Deathstroke guns?

Between fate and deadshot people are going to be crying about zoning again to be sure. That's why the Meterburn roll(cancel dash into meterburn, turns into projectile invincible roll for the unaware) is a thing now.

That said I much prefer it this way than just crippling zoning like SF5 did.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

that's a fair picture of how it was lol. in Mortal Kombat 9/X, the counter was within most characters having a teleport + projectiles being a bit risky.

idk how much better or worse it can be in Injustice 2 but I assume with the character speed uptick and meter changes it will be better. The meter roll is a great idea--rolling evasions are cool in general and always liked it as a way to ensure zoning wars wouldn't take over in KOF games.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 4, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Catwoman got armor on the second swing of cat dash and zoners were always fun for me to chew on :3:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Captain Cold/Dr Fate dialogue

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1440832402636037&id=364971353555486

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Outside of the big ones, a lot of the villains probably haven't interacted with most of the b-list heroes. Everyone's probably met Batman and Superman at least once, but I don't know that Plastic Man and Bane have interacted much, for example. Atrocitus was created so recently that I doubt he's had time to meet anyone. I know he was on earth during the clusterfuck of a crossover that was Blackest Night, but he didn't exactly stop to get to know anyone.

I just realized Booster Gold still isn't confirmed, which is an outrage.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Outside of the big ones, a lot of the villains probably haven't interacted with most of the b-list heroes. Everyone's probably met Batman and Superman at least once, but I don't know that Plastic Man and Bane have interacted much, for example. Atrocitus was created so recently that I doubt he's had time to meet anyone. I know he was on earth during the clusterfuck of a crossover that was Blackest Night, but he didn't exactly stop to get to know anyone.

I just realized Booster Gold still isn't confirmed, which is an outrage.

if anything your post also calls out that Plastic Man hasn't been revealed either and I'd be crushed if he didn't make it in as DLC

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh weird, I just sort of assumed he'd be in it because he was so memorably used in the comic. I should know better considering NRS' aversion to anything that doesn't let them use generic human animation rigs on everything.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Playable Booster Gold is my great hope

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We got Lobo as DLC for the first game, so hope springs eternal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Booster Gold seems like such an obvious choice. You'd basically get Johnny Cage with laser blasts.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just don't count on anyone who was DLC for the first game to return---Ed Boon has said he has a "no returns" rule for once a DLC character has been done, hence why Rain was DLC in MK9 but not in MKX despite people's belief it would happen. I'll miss Martian Manhunter even if he was overpowered as gently caress.

Injustice 1's DLC was ok but I think they can do much better. Characters like Plastic Man and Starfire are pretty obvious additions but I'm still on the Etrigan train.

ImpAtom posted:

Booster Gold seems like such an obvious choice. You'd basically get Johnny Cage with laser blasts.

It's too bad Doomsday isn't in the game so we could get their interaction, which should amount to a 1-hit KO at the start

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man I was wondering why Scarlet didn't make it into MKX! (lol)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm against Plastic Man in this game on the grounds that he's too awesome to work in a 2D fghting game to work faithfully, espicially if they want to stay true to the Injustice annual comic.

I don't understand the appeal of Starfire being in the game besides character and Titans representation. I can't think what she can bring to the battlefield but Netherealm has proven to have more imagination than me. They made Leatherface fit in a Mortal Kombat game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'd love to see Constantine

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm against Plastic Man in this game on the grounds that he's too awesome to work in a 2D fghting game to work faithfully, espicially if they want to stay true to the Injustice annual comic.

I don't understand the appeal of Starfire being in the game besides character and Titans representation. I can't think what she can bring to the battlefield but Netherealm has proven to have more imagination than me. They made Leatherface fit in a Mortal Kombat game

She is a hot supermodel space alien who shoots laser blasts and wears a battle bikini. That's basically all you need to understand.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Starfire is the current hot-button character for people to endlessly tweet about to ed boon, much like the near-psychopath devotion people had for incredibly irrelevant character Sareena for MKX. I hope they take a hard pass if not because Firestrom is already in, then for just torturing these weird people.

Plastic Man is one of those characters who would work best in an ArcSys or Capcom fighting game but I'd still like to see him.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kurtofan posted:

I'd love to see Constantine

:same:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
reposting the captain cold/dr fate intro, this time posted on twitter and not crappy facebook mobile

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/849674037156622338

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know that Plastic Man and Bane have interacted much, for example.

There was a fun one-shot years ago called Justice League Presents Plastic Man. One of the stories in it was called *deep breath* The Age of Crisis on Infinite Clones Saga Starring Plastic Man Red and Plastic Man Blue, Chapter One Million: Onslaught of the Secret Genesis Wars Agenda. The opening image was Bane trying to break Plastic Man over his knee while Plas leaned his elbow over Bane's shoulder and acted casual about it all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Stream's up, their doing a breakdown of the stages

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

in the superman prison stage, if you pick superman he's not there.

hope this means black manta is a possibility for dlc character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

There was a fun one-shot years ago called Justice League Presents Plastic Man. One of the stories in it was called *deep breath* The Age of Crisis on Infinite Clones Saga Starring Plastic Man Red and Plastic Man Blue, Chapter One Million: Onslaught of the Secret Genesis Wars Agenda. The opening image was Bane trying to break Plastic Man over his knee while Plas leaned his elbow over Bane's shoulder and acted casual about it all.

I can't believe I forgot about that, that's some pretty funny stuff.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
captain cold trailer was pretty cool.

Edit: they're showing off a premier skin today!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
flash's super is amazing

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
reverse flash shown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bane is looking pretty wild. That super is gonna the bane (:v:) of online.

• Locked thread