Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Got my first solo win :D The third kill was kind of bullshit for the other guy because I saw his suppressor sticking through the door of the room he was hiding in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Won a duo by being maximum rats until the very last possible moment. Even our total of 7 kills all came in final few minutes of the round, so you know we're scum

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I can't seem to hit anything with an M24. It feels like it's subject to more bullet drop than even ARs, and you can see the bullet in flight which further obtructs you. I've had like 4 or 5 now and I'm not sure if I've ever had a hit, certainly not a kill.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Phew, just picked this up. Thought I would wreck poo poo with a shotty but instead I managed to miss everything point blank. Have yet to actually kill/hit anyone :[

Need to rethink life.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The oceanic servers are pretty trash. Played 4 games last night and two of them the server died after 20 minutes of high octane house looting.

When the servers are good the game is fun though, i also don't know how you're meant to learn how to snipe because you get no feedback on where your bullet lands with the rifle kickback.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The lag all around is bad. I had a guy phase through my double barrel shotgun blast, then my gun reloaded instantly, then he phased through the shots again, then killed me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

busb posted:

The oceanic servers are pretty trash. Played 4 games last night and two of them the server died after 20 minutes of high octane house looting.

When the servers are good the game is fun though, i also don't know how you're meant to learn how to snipe because you get no feedback on where your bullet lands with the rifle kickback.

They were bad for me the first day they were up, but have been pretty good otherwise. Just growing pains I guess.

We need to get some Aussie group shenanigans going.

Also loot boxes and the clothing in general are poo poo. The clothing is just so drat boring.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 4, 2017

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I got killed by beaglerush in my first game, the jerk.

Squad games are not as fun as duos or solos, i think because of the scarcity of cars and the amount of loot you need to get everyone geared up

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I would say 90% of my deaths are due to one thing.

Getting greedy. Greedy for a kill or greedy for more loot,

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

busb posted:

I got killed by beaglerush in my first game, the jerk.

Squad games are not as fun as duos or solos, i think because of the scarcity of cars and the amount of loot you need to get everyone geared up

Squad games are actually the most fun, but it's absolutely crucial you find a good team and use Teamspeak. I got hooked up with a group of guys, two of which are in the military. They understand the basics of covering fire, overwatch, bounding movement and all that fun stuff. We've been wrecking poo poo, usually get top 5 every game. Solo and Duo are fun to play, because it's a bit more laid back, Squad is the most intense but also the most satisfying.

Though that brings me to a fun bug. We won a game earlier, no one died, and we all got credited with a Duo win instead. Like, how the gently caress does that happen? In any case, up to 4 wins total, 1 Solo, 1 Duo and 2 Squad.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hadn't seen it posted so ...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891838252

quote:

Open the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditorEngine.ini

and add this

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Tells you how to have a higher FOV in 3rd person. It has done two things for me:

1. made my FPS smooth as gently caress (1070 at 1440p on all low practically)
2. made me much better at killing dudes.

Highly recommend this. You will not get banned, I'm told by the interwebs the devs said on a stream that it's okay.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Did... Did i just get "well actually"d out of my opinion???

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I WISH YOU COULD loving HEAR PEOPLE IN THIS GAME!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

busb posted:

By a loving white male on top of it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

busb posted:

Fun is subjective, no one is wrong!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

afkmacro posted:

Tells you how to have a higher FOV in 3rd person. It has done two things for me:

Highly recommend this. You will not get banned, I'm told by the interwebs the devs said on a stream that it's okay.

I tried this, but I didn't like it. I could barely see anything when zooming in with a scope, and it pulls the FOV back a bit too far.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Is there a consensus about the graphic options and what settings gives you an advantage (if there is any)?
Specifically I'm wondering about draw distance. Atm I have it on Ultra but I'm wondering if that is even necessary if I just want to spot enemies.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is there a consensus about the graphic options and what settings gives you an advantage (if there is any)?
Specifically I'm wondering about draw distance. Atm I have it on Ultra but I'm wondering if that is even necessary if I just want to spot enemies.

I think foliage as low as it can go and View Distance as high as it can go (although I believe it defaults to the highest possible?) are the two important ones. PlayerUnknown has said that they're looking at changing things up so that lowering settings like Foliage won't give any extra advantage over higher settings, but I don't know how they're gonna do that short of just getting rid of all the foliage or having massively ugly sprites everywhere on lower settings.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Optimize game, remove low settings.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bardeh posted:

having massively ugly sprites everywhere on lower settings.

Sure, why not?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

I tried this, but I didn't like it. I could barely see anything when zooming in with a scope, and it pulls the FOV back a bit too far.

Sorry I should have mentioned that. Apparently it depends on your resolution.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Reminder: When you pull a pin on your grenade, then switch weapons...the live grenade gets put into your backpack...

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicySmilingBaboonSaltBae

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Athanatos posted:

Reminder: When you pull a pin on your grenade, then switch weapons...the live grenade gets put into your backpack...

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicySmilingBaboonSaltBae

I was cooking a grenade, got downed and then the grenade went off in my hand before my friends could get me back up.

It's funny but also loving annoying.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Because my squadmates died, I decided to do something completely ridiculous and found a great tactic for those zones ending near the beach.

1: Find a boat
2: Park boat near the beach
3: Float behind boat so you can't be shot from the beach
4: Wait until the zone is very tiny, then dive under the boat and beach yourself like the fat whale you are
5: Shoot at unsuspecting players because who the gently caress spends all this time in the water
6: ???

For bonus hilarity points, you can also jump in the boat as a passenger and fire at people, but that tends to draw a bit of attention.
Got my squad alone from 78 players still alive to until 2 teams remained, me and 3 guys on the other team. Did not win, but will definitely try this again if conditions are suitable.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i won a game last night by laying in an open field inside a bush killing the 3 unsuspecting noobs who walked infront of the bushman. soft cover is best cover

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

cyanidewolf posted:

Because my squadmates died, I decided to do something completely ridiculous and found a great tactic for those zones ending near the beach.

1: Find a boat
2: Park boat near the beach
3: Float behind boat so you can't be shot from the beach
4: Wait until the zone is very tiny, then dive under the boat and beach yourself like the fat whale you are
5: Shoot at unsuspecting players because who the gently caress spends all this time in the water
6: ???

For bonus hilarity points, you can also jump in the boat as a passenger and fire at people, but that tends to draw a bit of attention.
Got my squad alone from 78 players still alive to until 2 teams remained, me and 3 guys on the other team. Did not win, but will definitely try this again if conditions are suitable.

Fun fact: If a supply crate drops 2 map boxes out in the ocean while 90 are alive, you and a squaddie can swim out to it, have one realize the zone will kill you and swim back to get a boat, then make a daring pickup and outrun the wall. If you do this, you can get back on the beach with 20 left alive!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
If the boxes land on solid ground the only thing they are good for is sniper bait. If they land in water near land they are still sniper bait.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, that's why swimming to the one out in the ocean behind an island was so appealing, because no way in hell could we get sniped.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Won a squad game last night.

Had to Benny Hill across the channel in a boat to the south island in the middle of a firefight with the circle closing in. Ended up bailing on my flailing teammates but an enemy dude hopped in my boat and chilled with me as i did doughies around our drowning friends.

He died jumping out on the beach as the boat seemed to run him over even though i jumped out fine. Then I camped behind a lone tree on the beach while i got perfect circles forcing everyone to funnel to me and won 1v20.

A+ would abandon all my friends again and rely on pure luck.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I made some pretty ghetto adjustments to the damage table in the OP. It looks like with most ARs, you can expect it to take 4 hits to the body to kill.

Also there doesn't seem to be damage fall off or bullet velocity fall off yet. Hopefully that comes.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 5, 2017

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I'm so bad at this game, though I usually have done well in sneaky maneuvering strategy type games. I have bad internet and maybe that's why. I do better on EU than NA, though I live in the Pacific Northwest.

If I do land some good shots it's usually in futility:
https://gfycat.com/BlankFavorableBream

I forgot to record the couple 100 meter cartwheel that ended with me upside down at 25% health when I hit a small bump in the buggy after getting stacked with good loot. I also learned not to hit traffic cones since they also like to make your car rest on it's roof.

Squads have been fun, though I've only won twice. If wanting a fun streamer to watch, Dopefish has a nice play style of aggression and silliness with a chill attitude.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
just started playing outside of solo and maybe im missing something but is there a way for the rest of your squad to see map markers?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

afkmacro posted:

Just tried this, and it gave me a huge boost to FPS as well. Before, I'd be at about 40-50 FPS most of the time, slipping below 30 in busy areas. With this, it's 60 FPS almost all the time, and even in the busier places it doesn't drop below 40. I'm ambivalent about the actual FoV change since the lack of zoom does hurt at times, but it's worth it for the performance increase alone.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So why is this game better than H1Z1 KotK?

Please tell me in fewer than 14 words, thanks.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Teikanmi posted:

Better graphics, more transparent dev, future mod support, the new hotness.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Teikanmi posted:

not dbg

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Watching some of these sperglord streams, they seem to stay out in the force field so god drat long to gear up in remote corners, then they just heal up with bandages and poo poo while standing in the force field. By the time they make it to the white circle, it's down to 30-40 people and they're all decked out.

Perestroika posted:

Just tried this, and it gave me a huge boost to FPS as well. Before, I'd be at about 40-50 FPS most of the time, slipping below 30 in busy areas. With this, it's 60 FPS almost all the time, and even in the busier places it doesn't drop below 40. I'm ambivalent about the actual FoV change since the lack of zoom does hurt at times, but it's worth it for the performance increase alone.

Yeah it did the same for me, results seem to vary for people.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Avoiding contact until late game is definitely the only thing approaching a meta strat this game has. Though, skirting the circle does leave you open to getting wrecked by players who camp the circle and/or get lucky with drops and circle placement. My squad usually tries to stay in the circle as deep as possible at all times because moving is bad and you should feel bad for going across open ground.

It's really down to what you feel comfortable with. Both sides have pros and cons.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Played some last night with Goons, was a ton of fun. A+ would feel tension and dread hiding from opposing murderhobos again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

Avoiding contact until late game is definitely the only thing approaching a meta strat this game has. Though, skirting the circle does leave you open to getting wrecked by players who camp the circle and/or get lucky with drops and circle placement. My squad usually tries to stay in the circle as deep as possible at all times because moving is bad and you should feel bad for going across open ground.

It's really down to what you feel comfortable with. Both sides have pros and cons.

Yeah, sticking outside the blue circle early game doesn't hurt too much especially when you're all decked out in gear and 50 bandages. Last night, the driver in my group crashed our car right when we finally made it into the circle, and another squad opened up on us immediately, it was a bloodbath. Please drive safe out there, guys.

• Locked thread