Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
The show would be much better if Rick made the 'scared, shocked and overwhelmed' noise that Krillin always did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

moist turtleneck posted:

Same

Also, did the trash people ever say what they wanted ten of? I assume people?

Dumpsters.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Markorjoshua posted:

Is this season being received negatively elsewhere or is this thread extra brutal?

I think this season has been a low point and that the show is making GBS threads on its viewers.

A.V. Club allows user ratings to assign a letter grade. This season, the highest user rating was an overall B for the episode with Morgan and Carol being introduced to the Kingdom. Overall the season's average based on these ratings haves it at like a C. Passing, but not too great.

Personally, I think it got dull.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's Tobin and Eric. Tobin was the guy that was sweet on Carol before she took off, and Eric just kinda shows up when Aaron's not trying off trying to steal boats. The fact that the camera focused on the five or six 'named extras' during the Oceanside robbery and the initial fight seems like they're trying to remind viewers 'oh hey! Remember these guys?!'

I would bet none of them make it out alive.

Some of them might become ascended foreground characters. With other shows that have more enthusiastic fan bases, people rewatch the episodes like 8 times and have running lists of the background characters, and sometimes the creators even do clever things like have a story going on if you connect their 5 seconds of screen time across 10 episodes.

I hope that the trash people just sabotaged the trigger mechanism and that Alexandria kept the dynamite so that the dynamite-collecting scene has more payoff.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress this show sucks now. Nothing happened that entire episode except Sasha killing herself from the show being so boring

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im the little green man pretending to be a tiger on the set

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's Dragon Ball Z. except instead of powering up an energy blast, characters just stare they hide under a dumpster

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know I just realized the #1 problem with the episode

Nobody used this as their battle cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hope Negans scared, it looks like Ricks power level is rising.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Maggie and Carol got Hilltop and the Kingdom on board but Ricks only accomplishment this season was arming a group that instantly turned on him and killed a bunch of his people. Rick brought more enemies than friendlies to a war he is starting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Negan seriously looks like the good guy to me at this point. He's the Stalin to Rick and crew's Kim Jong Un.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Fog Tripper posted:

Uh, what happened with Gregory?

Pretty much made himself useless because he's gonna show up at Negan's place and think he's gonna be King poo poo with his AWESOME INSIDE INFO that Rick is about to attack, but joke's on him because Negan found out from Trashkru a week ago.
:owned:

Not gonna lie, and it's going against popular opinion here, but I enjoyed it both when The Betrayal occurred and it looked like Negan won again, and also when the cavalry showed up. And I thought Rick's reprisal of his "I'm gonna kill you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow" speech was pretty badass. Right up there with "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out."

Flame on bitches!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The betrayal of the Trash People would feel like a bigger deal if aligning with them in the first place was the dumbest decision imaginable.

How Oceanside could've been brought into the alliance: "Everyone back home knows the location of this place. If we lose, Negan will learn where you are either by torture or by someone buying their life. For you to stay hidden, we have to win. And to win, we need your help. Now come with us to kill the man that murdered your fathers, brothers, husbands and sons."

Negan's plot armor protects him even in Rick-bite range.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 4, 2017

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Oceanside being brought in and then betraying them all would have been a great way to do it rather than the sudden but inevitable betrayal by the trash people.

Actually make it morally ambiguous. Have them be forced into a fight they don't want but then offscreen Negan runs into them. They make a deal to turn on Alexandria in exchange for being left alone.

I would also have accepted a twist where the trash leader suddenly starts talking normally and it turns out Neegan orchestrated the whole thing and can't believe Rick fell for the Aliens living in a dump cosplay.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think we found Rick's battle armor next season.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Really trying to save money on that tiger cgi

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how nobody ever bothered to worry about Negan in that entire exchange. He just kept scuttling off and nobody seemed too concerned for his whereabouts until after the fight was completely over.

It seems like the sole lynchpin and villain would be your first target. Especially when you get multiple elements of surprise.

The kingdom shot basically everyone but Negan when they somehow appeared inside the walls at the back of the compound, and then Negan ran straight through Hilltop apparently.

I get he has plot armor but you don't have to be that lazy about it Walking Dead writers. Have Negan get wounded or hold up one of his own men or blow a hole through the back of the compound and escape or something instead of just slowly sauntering through the dozens of people magically appearing everywhere that decided to completely ignore him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Was Negan swaggering while getting away? He's invincible while swaggering

Its obvious to me now, I didn't think about this before, that the betrayal is the whole reason why they created the Trash People in the first place. They didn't want a sympathetic group, like Hilltop or the Kingdom, to betray them, but they really wanted to do a betrayal storyline.

Markorjoshua posted:

Really trying to save money on that tiger cgi

We should be happy they are, else Shiva would always look like the deer.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 4, 2017

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It was a little predictable that the "we take, we don't bother" hostage taking garbage people played both sides to find out who has the better deal. I am wondering whether they just decided the Saviors had the better deal before being offered anything because it was more probable and they had the advantage. If sort of negotiation took place, it would have to involve some vagueness that made the offer tantalizing while withholding specifics, like "I know that some of your people are conspiring against you. To find out which, you'll have to pay a price." Thinking about it means putting more thought into it than the writers, though.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
Is there a reason the garbage people talk like they've been in isolation for 300 years?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Was Negan swaggering while getting away?

Given he was literally sticking his whole arm and finger out the window while no less than a dozen people shot at him with assault rifles points to yes.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Negan seriously looks like the good guy to me at this point. He's the Stalin to Rick and crew's Kim Jong Un.

I hate to say it but Rick better represents the worst part of America.

He doesn't steal guns from people at gunpoint. He liberates freedom makers from the oppressed!

At gunpoint.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Numberwang posted:

Is there a reason the garbage people talk like they've been in isolation for 300 years?

"Hey, the audience likes the Kingdom! Let's make an even wackier group, they'll love it!"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I was actually surprised by the trash peoples betrayal. I thought they were to stupid to live in the best circumstances, much less be double agents in a zombie apocolypse.

Same here. I thought they were too stupid to try anything more complicated than living in garbage.

Lycus posted:

"Hey, the audience likes the Kingdom! Let's make an even wackier group, they'll love it!"

The sad thing is a roving band of Mad Max modified cars with makeshift technology holding them together is actually more realistic than the garbage people in WD.

Orange Red Bull posted:

she landed the starring role in the new star trek series

Sad thing is it sounds like a DISASTER of a TV show, and that it might not even get released it's going so badly.

BonoMan posted:

Oh hey did anybody mention that Maggie is the only girl that I've ever known to get skinnier the more along her pregnancy gets?

She's only like 1 month pregnant. It's kind of hilarious.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 4, 2017

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

galenanorth posted:

"we take, we don't bother"

Still not sure what this actually means. loving garbage people.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
drat, Bernie Wrightson died?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I wish I had a pet tiger that would discriminately maul bad guys.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lol

This is great!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I wish knew a guy in a blue suit that would discriminately maul bad guys.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Astroman posted:

Right up there with "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out."

That was so groanworthy back then, but through nostalgia seems like better times/writing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He said the same thing twice this season and it meant nothing each time loving wow TV Show of the year!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait how the gently caress did everyone know to go through the back door to surprise Negan?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I enjoyed that the smoke bombs blinded everyone but the garbage group (that did not appear to lose anyone but the one Mischonne killed) who then went on to magically group up and waltz as a herd out the front gates.

Anyone notice the lack of zombies walkers attracted to the all out gunfight?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait how the gently caress did everyone know to go through the back door to surprise Negan?

I didn't even know Alexandria had a back door.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Make leaping blu-suit man an actual character and I'm down with 8 more seasons

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

The same reason they ignored Negan after their successful Teleport and how Negan walked right through Hilltop who came through the front gate to get into a Truck that he spontaneously created inside the walls to drive out through the road block and other vehicles blocking the road that he apparently magically cleared so completely the cars no longer existed

The Walking Dead takes places in the Harry Potter universe.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

To be fair teleportation has existed for quite some time in this show.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

I enjoyed that the smoke bombs blinded everyone but the garbage group (that did not appear to lose anyone but the one Mischonne killed) who then went on to magically group up and waltz as a herd out the front gates.

Anyone notice the lack of zombies walkers attracted to the all out gunfight?

There are zombies in this show?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

redleader posted:

Still not sure what this actually means. loving garbage people.

From her first lines it felt like some stupid Star Trek TOS episode. It was just so loving naff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really don't think I would have lost anything if they didn't stuff a bunch of lost tara scenes into the episode