Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

Igor's voice actor died and the Japanese version also pretty significantly changed him so it reflects that.

I knew the Japanese voice actor passed away but I wasn't expecting the english one to change too, let alone be *this* different. Just really throwing me for a loop as I'm used to the friendly tone of the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really like Igor's new voice, his "....Welcome....Welcome to my Velvet Room" line is sold so well imo. up to you tho if you like that it makes him sound much more malicious

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moltrey posted:

I really like Igor's new voice, his "....Welcome....to my Velvet Room" line is sold so well imo. up to you tho if you like that it makes him sound much more malicious

yea it's a huge change and it did throw me pretty bad but I'm not hating the new guy. He still has the whole creepily over-polite and calm tone even while clearly enjoying watching you squirm, that's what really counts.

I also like the twins, the one who's supposed to be the 'hard' one is adorably over the top. Just goes 100% aggro on everything.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm gonna give my protag his manga name because I'm boring

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My protagonist will be named after the protagonist of the greatest Anime; Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zore posted:

My protagonist will be named after the protagonist of the greatest Anime; Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers

dang thats pretty good...

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
When you select your name, is it first name first or last name first? :\

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I will design and implement a random anime character name generator just for this purpose, because it will be faster and easier than thinking of one on my own.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

I was gonna go with Lupin Thirdly but this is real good...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Capsaicin posted:

When you select your name, is it first name first or last name first? :\

It tells you, but I think it's first name first.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I think I'll borrow part of the protagonist name from the manga. Akira 暁 (daybreak/dawn) for the first name, but for his last name I'll go with Fujimori 藤森 (wisteria forest) since it's my favorite flower.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is this game any good?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I think I'm going Tomohiro Naito (mixing two NJPW greats) or just gonna go with Goro Majima.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

10 minutes friends....

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

myDad posted:

Is this game any good?

Best rated PS4 game of 2017 on Metacritic!!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hope, that everyone has a good Persona adventure

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

seven minutes left, gently caress

i need it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In only seven minutes I can finally reveal the game is terrible and it was a 3 year long scam to trick Arist out of $60!

... wait poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

In only seven minutes I can finally reveal the game is terrible and it was a 3 year long scam to trick Arist out of $60!

... wait poo poo.

Joke's on you, I bought it twice, so I actually spent like $130!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I did not expect to see a dungeon this fast. I doubt I'll be staying long with my new bud [VULGAR STUDENT] but still.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm not spending an extra one hundred Australian dollars on a digital copy just so I don't have to wait for shipping.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't getting the game until tomorrow morning, you can have some fun watching people realize they can't live stream the game. Just look for the blue background.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Persona%205

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Y'all.

It might be time.

To steal.

Some hearts.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it is time

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
Got my copy of the steelbook, ready to fall further behind in graduate school.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm gonna become sick with envy if i dont stop reading this thread so see yall tomorrow evening

arigato goodbye masu

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Push El Burrito posted:

Waited through all the delays and finally the day comes when it's going to be here. Check the tracking.

Though Amazon keeps assuring me that no, it will be here tomorrow!

Mine still says Tuesday on Amazon, but on UPS it says Wednesday.

Amazon has kind of really sucked lately for getting packages delivered. I've had to call them at least once a month for the last five months because they hosed up some shipment.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Heard all the dub voices and they sound generally fine, weird pronunciations aside, with some standouts (Makoto and the new Igor yes I went there).

So long as they overact like hell at crucial moments and can generally read lines like natural human speech I'm satisfied.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what's up with the japanese voices being really low quality was it like that in the japanese version

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do you mean the audio's low quality? because the jp version is fine.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeah it sounds low bitrate or something

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It could be because it's a download instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they might have downsampled it so it wasn't a big download, which is pretty lol

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did they only record two NPC lines?

That's messed up
There's no time for that
That's messed up
There's no time for that

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah Japanese audio sounds weird.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Wait is this an anime?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

myDad posted:

Wait is this an anime?

Nah, no anime here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like Igor's new voice actor at all.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is mara in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Is there an English strategy guide for this game? I got the ones for P3 and P4 and they're pretty great