Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a little mad stables guy won't register my bear. It has four legs and I ride it. C'mon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GobiasIndustries posted:

I agree with this somewhat, but also feel like it's a bit more fun having to scavenge for nice weapons. It's tough early game but you really do end up with a ton of 50+ weapons when you are near the end or done. If I could just reforge a random 100 sword whenever I wanted I feel like I wouldn't hold anything other than a real specific set. Weapons breaking made me think a lot more about the game, tbh.

I've posted this before but anytime I'm low on my weapons I just go to the castle and make a 5 minute raid that gives me all of the best weapons anyway. So offering a reforge option wouldn't change things drastically other than getting the specific weapons I want. Hell, I know where a good chunk of the Lynel's are if I want to murder them for their weapons. My main reasoning for wanting to reforge things is to get back the amiibo weapons which are dope as poo poo without having to save scum to get them because fuuuuuuuuck RNG.

Also there's certain weapons I've only received from chests that I've never seen again and no monster carries it, so unless chests respawn then those things are a one shot deal.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

e: Just started playing so keep that in mind please

Weapon durability loving sucks starting a game. It's no fun having to change a weapon between every battle or inbetween battles.

Also how the gently caress do I get raw meat? I've been running around the Forest of Spirits and I'll hit a boar and he'll go running and just disappear. Flame arrow killed one but didn't give raw meat, makes sense cause I cooked him. I have to die just to make the few spawn again, is there some easy place I can get one so I can make the old man his drat recipe for a warm suit?

Otherwise I like the game but weapon durability is SO loving ANNOYING. Now I want to do these 3 other shrine quests but I can't find any goddamn animals that I can kill before they run away for a drat raw meat so I don't freeze to death trying to find a 2nd shrine.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Murder things with melee weapons and regular arrows to get raw meat, it'll be hard at the beginning since all the weapons you'll find don't do poo poo for damage.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
you can crouch and sneak too, you know. And you cant find any regular arrows?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

Murder things with melee weapons and regular arrows to get raw meat, it'll be hard at the beginning since all the weapons you'll find don't do poo poo for damage.

I can't use arrows cause one hit doesn't kill them and then they run away and disappear once hit. Last time I tried to melee one ran at me, knocked me over, then faded away. Infuriating. If they stayed on the drat map I don't think I'd be so mad.

Oh well, gonna go die again and try and bumrush a boar before he hits me and disappears. I'm sure my club will break before then and he'll get to fade away anyway.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Headshots also work on wildlife, FYI. You should generally always go for headshots with the bow.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

you can crouch and sneak too, you know. And you cant find any regular arrows?

I got 20 arrows, but you hit them once and they run away and the game fades them out. Unless it's a one shot using arrows is useless. That's why I tried the fire arrow, but that just gave me a cooked boar.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Of course it's Helixsnake :allears:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Wind Waker Link amiibo dropping fish is hilarious every time.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Barreft posted:

I got 20 arrows, but you hit them once and they run away and the game fades them out. Unless it's a one shot using arrows is useless. That's why I tried the fire arrow, but that just gave me a cooked boar.

Wait, what? Ive only had animals fade away after a good long while.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So a friend of mine just added me to his clunky as poo poo nintendo friends, and it said that I have 135 hours played on BotW. I beat the game in 15 days, which means I averaged about 9 hours per day.

:suicide:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I've posted this before but anytime I'm low on my weapons I just go to the castle and make a 5 minute raid that gives me all of the best weapons anyway. So offering a reforge option wouldn't change things drastically other than getting the specific weapons I want. Hell, I know where a good chunk of the Lynel's are if I want to murder them for their weapons. My main reasoning for wanting to reforge things is to get back the amiibo weapons which are dope as poo poo without having to save scum to get them because fuuuuuuuuck RNG.

Also there's certain weapons I've only received from chests that I've never seen again and no monster carries it, so unless chests respawn then those things are a one shot deal.

The only way weapon reforging wouldn't make the game more tedious is if it was only for specific late-game weapons and just as expensive as reforging Champion weapons. Adding in repairing or reforging across the board would add a new layer of tedium, I think, because many players would feel compelled to hang onto their damaged weapons or (if reforging instead of repairing) frequently return to whoever reforges weapons, rather than just scavenging up some new ones as they go. That would suck. I don't want to feel like I need to repair my stuff or it's a waste, y'know?

Really I think the better answer, instead of going and farming for the best weapons constantly (which, okay, sure, is probably just as tedious as going to repair all the time) is to just maybe not always have a full suite of top-tier weapons? I never bothered with that and I did find. Granted I wasn't out there chain-killing Lynels over and over again, but for the most part "just work with what I find" went fine for me from beginning to end. I reforged Revali's bow a few times and maybe twice I ducked into a Major Test of Strength specifically to grab a few Guardian weapons, but other than that I never felt like I had to go out of my way to get the best weapons and not having the best weapons all the time didn't make the game more tedious for me. Going and farming weapons probably makes tough enemies die faster, but do they die fast enough that it makes up for the time you spent going and farming the weapons?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

I just saw the Aurora Borealis while climbing in the Hebra mountains, then a rainbow as I left them for Death Mountain.

This loving game.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wait, what? Ive only had animals fade away after a good long while.

Yeah the boars bumrush me, knock me on my rear end, then run away faster then I can ever get to them, just happened again. Tried to chase him them boom we hit a lake and he's gone.

Basically enough bitching from me, is there an easier animal or place in the plateau I can get raw meat? I've been at this for over an hour now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barreft posted:

Try going for a bird or a fox instead. The old man doesn't care what kind of meat you use as long as it's meat.

So I have the rubber hat and pants. Where is the shirt? I'm assuming someplace lightning-y.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Lobster posted:

Try going for a bird or a fox instead. The old man doesn't care what kind of meat you use as long as it's meat.

Basically this. I would have saved myself quite a bit of time in the early game had I known this quirk. Because I remember what it was like before killing boars was as easy as deciding I wanted it dead.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I just saw the Aurora Borealis while climbing in the Hebra mountains, then a rainbow as I left them for Death Mountain.

This loving game.

Aurora Borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your castle?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

s.i.r.e. posted:

so if you can get the best weapons, what is the point of reforging then? I feel like reforging would just lead to attachments to weapons which defeats the whole purpose of a ton of weapons that randomly show up.

e: and re: the amiibo stuff, isn't that the whole point? If I could just buy a toy and put it on my gamepad and it would give me the best weapons ever whenever I wanted, that cheapens things.

e2: I do think that having a chest where you could toss a lot of weapons/shields into would be great, though. Like, a full page of each would be awesome.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 4, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Aurora Borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your castle?

Can I see it?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah, I'm glad the amiibos don't just drop the best stuff automatically. That said I've heard that one of the Zeldas can drop the Hylian Shield and I've been scanning for a month and I'm getting a little sick of your poo poo, Zelda. (I don't save scum. With every amiibo, that would take hours.)

Edit: It occurs to me that there are an awful lot of rumors floating around about this game. The last time I remember a game having so many rumors was the original Pokemon back when I was on an actual playground in the late '90s.

Edit again: Also, yes, a place where you could store weapons aside from the wall of your house would be great. I don't want to keep carrying around this Ceremonial Trident, thanks, but all my house's slots are full.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 4, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Can I see it?

No.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Twilight bow is pretty sick though. Hopefully you can get something like that in the dlc.

or better :getin:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Alright I give up. 4 hours is more time then I let myself spend camping mobs in EQ back in 1999. I'm just going to assume Cemu doesn't render foxes yet, and I can't kill boars, I'm just going to grab a save of after you get the glider.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
oh wait, you are in an emu? yeah you should expect some issues. Just play it on the actual hardware!

you can also dodge, you know. When the boars rush you as you are locked on holding ZL, jump one way right as the boars get to you, and if it works the same as normal monsters you can hit it a bunch of times for free

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 4, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So I may have solved my own problem with the rubber shirt. I was going through my screen captures on the main menu and I saw a really old one from almost a month ago near Ridgeland Tower. You know that stone mushroom forest that looks like Mario 1-3 that there always seems to be a storm over? I took a bunch of pictures of it trying to capture a lightning strike on screen because I liked how you could see weather at a distance. I even posted one of those shots to Facebook! This was like three, almost four weeks ago. Dang. I've been walking right past the rubber shirt this whole time haven't I? Let me see if I can find the picture I took and edit it in to this comment.

Edit:

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 4, 2017

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I did a marathon of the game today and my eyes hurt after. Then I realized the Switch isn't exclusively a handheld. I could've saved myself from eye strain by playing on my TV. The Switch is weird.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
the shrine on thundra plateau where all that weather is doesnt have it. I'm missing the shirt as well with ~110 shrines (why the hell dont they have a way to see how many you have without being on a loading screen?!)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh wait, you are in an emu? yeah you should expect some issues. Just play it on the actual hardware!

you can also dodge, you know. When the boars rush you as you are locked on holding ZL, jump one way right as the boars get to you, and if it works the same as normal monsters you can hit it a bunch of times for free

I think I found the problem, I was using Cheatengine to get the FPS above 30, and I just went to fight a snake and the dude took the gently caress off sprinting and disappeared. Gonna sleep and try a boar tomorrow and hopefully with no speedhack the fuckers don't take off and disappear the moment they see me.

e: As for emu, yeah, I'm sure I'm like most. I'm not buying a whole system for just like 4 great games I want to play. I'm a patreon on cemu so I get the latest and this version lets you finish the game. I just want some raw meat dammit!

Barreft fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 4, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

the shrine on thundra plateau where all that weather is doesnt have it. I'm missing the shirt as well with ~110 shrines (why the hell dont they have a way to see how many you have without being on a loading screen?!)

Goddammit. I thought I was onto something. But there IS a shrine there you say? I haven't done one there yet!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

The Lobster posted:

Goddammit. I thought I was onto something. But there IS a shrine there you say? I haven't done one there yet!

Yeah, its the one with the colored balls people were talking about a bit earlier

E: NEVERMIND somehow i missed getting this treasure chest. Go check it out!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I just want to have a rubber suit when I fight Thunderblight Ganon, why is this so hard?

Edit: Also fashion.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

The Lobster posted:

I just want to have a rubber suit when I fight Thunderblight Ganon, why is this so hard?

NEVERMIND i noticed i never got all the treasure from it so i went back to clear it out and i found something. Go do it!

i would've thought armor wouldve all been in blessing shrines

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 4, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Barreft posted:

I think I found the problem, I was using Cheatengine to get the FPS above 30, and I just went to fight a snake and the dude took the gently caress off sprinting and disappeared. Gonna sleep and try a boar tomorrow and hopefully with no speedhack the fuckers don't take off and disappear the moment they see me.

e: As for emu, yeah, I'm sure I'm like most. I'm not buying a whole system for just like 4 great games I want to play. I'm a patreon on cemu so I get the latest and this version lets you finish the game. I just want some raw meat dammit!

buy the game and a system to play it on, CEMU is a really lovely emulator and also BOTW is brand loving new.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

NEVERMIND i noticed i never got all the treasure from it so i went back to clear it out and i found something. Go do it!

i would've thought armor wouldve all been in blessing shrines

Ahaha thank you, also thank you for the heads up it's not a blessing shrine, I was assuming it would be. I will turn on my treasure chest sensor when I do that one then!

Edit: Totally off topic but is anyone here interested in becoming Switch buddies? Should I ask in the Switch thread instead? I haven't been posting there but I've been posting here for a few days now and I feel comfortable handing out my codes to you guys now. ~so intimate~

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 4, 2017

americong
May 29, 2013

Barreft posted:

you are in fact in the minority by attempting to emulate a weeks-old game

it'll play a hell of a lot better on the switch, i don't regret my purchase even with the thin library

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barreft posted:

You are definitely not like most. I'm not judging you for emulating though it's better for Nintendo to get dat sweet cash money so they know the game is a success. I'm sure it will be over time but this early period is particularly crucial. But if you don't already have a Wii U and can't afford it or a Switch then it makes financial sense to emulate. However the Wii U has one of the best libraries out there in recent years for someone who likes exclusives (I can seriously list over 20 games I recommend) and I have not regretted my Switch purchase one bit. With seven games for it and six more on my wishlist already (when I get the aforementioned sweet cash money) it is actually shaping up to have a pretty beefy library for such a young system.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Barreft posted:

sorry you're not going to find any sympathy here :shrug:

switch owns. used wii u is pretty cheap and has a pretty good library.

edit: you're not like most considering the switch is still hard to find...

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 4, 2017

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

DoctorWhat posted:

buy the game and a system to play it on, CEMU is a really lovely emulator and also BOTW is brand loving new.

americong posted:

you are in fact in the minority by attempting to emulate a weeks-old game

it'll play a hell of a lot better on the switch, i don't regret my purchase even with the thin library

The Lobster posted:

You are definitely not like most. I'm not judging you for emulating though it's better for Nintendo to get dat sweet cash money so they know the game is a success. I'm sure it will be over time but this early period is particularly crucial. But if you don't already have a Wii U and can't afford it or a Switch then it makes financial sense to emulate. However the Wii U has one of the best libraries out there in recent years for someone who likes exclusives (I can seriously list over 20 games I recommend) and I have not regretted my Switch purchase one bit. With seven games for it and six more on my wishlist already (when I get the aforementioned sweet cash money) it is actually shaping up to have a pretty beefy library for such a young system.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

sorry you're not going to find any sympathy here :shrug:

switch owns. used wii u is pretty cheap and has a pretty good library.

I loving own a Switch and I don't get all the emulation making GBS threads-on going here. If the Switch wasn't portable, I'd probably be doing the same thing as him, so for people who don't care about couch(scratch this if he has a media pc setup)/bed/toilet gaming he is an upstanding gent. Plus there's a good chance they get 60fps working for Zelda without janky physics problems since it's the main draw for CEMU, so it'd make it go from a resolution bump to a gameplay improvement as well.

All the good games for Wii U will get ported to Nintendo "let's pretend the Wii U didn't exist" Switch WITH tons of new content/features (except maybe w101), so if he has no immediate interest in those I don't see the point of being a bitch to a guy who doesn't want to drop $250-$300 on a console for one game.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You can emulate all you want but it kinda also invalidates all your complaints about the game being broken, slow, or buggy since you're very much not using it in the intended environment. That's about it really.