Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Zandig sucks

mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sami Callihan has gone from someone I didn't give a poo poo about in NXT to someone who draws me to shows. I'm sure big things are in his future yet.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blast Fantasto posted:

Sami Callihan has gone from someone I didn't give a poo poo about in NXT to someone who draws me to shows. I'm sure big things are in his future yet.

He was great before his short WWE stint as well, so this is more of a continuation of him being a great wrestler.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MrBling posted:

He was great before his short WWE stint as well, so this is more of a continuation of him being a great wrestler.

If he re signs with WWE they should just have him use the Space Cat gimmick from PWG

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I like wrestling

Mob fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 4, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Regarding the stuff that wasn't available live over the weekend:

- CZW, WrestleCon Supershow, WrestleCon Women's Supershow and Wrestling Revolver are all up on Highspots
- Rev Pro show is up on Rev Pro on Demand

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what about the Chikara show that looked like it drew a whopping 30 fans?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
John Zandig is the most successful promoter in the history of American independent wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Johnny Saint vs. New Jack, please

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I didn't see the top at first and was hoping he was going to promote a NYE event.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I didn't see the top at first and was hoping he was going to promote a NYE event.

Joey Janela's French Canadian NYE feat Matt Riddle vs GSP in a triple cage

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Joey Janela's French Canadian NYE feat Matt Riddle vs GSP in a triple cage

I'd pay to watch it

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
watch as ricky morton gives joey janella a cop killer onto a chair

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Out of curiosity I went to see how many matches everyone on the indie shows wrestled from Thursday to Monday that at least wrestled 3 times using Cagematch.net

Michael Elgin wrestled 10 matches, with 4 matches in one day.

Sami Callihan wrestled 9 matches. He's wrestled 3 times in two different days.

AR Fox (4 matches in one day) and Shane Strickland(4 matches in one day) wrestled 8 matches.

Brian Cage, ACH, Joey Ryan (two DDT Hardcore title "matches"), and Lio Rush wrestled 7 matches.

Zack Sabre Jr. (plus flying to Japan for NJPW on the 4th), Keith Lee, David Starr, Matt Riddle, Dave Crist (4 matches in one day), and Caleb Konely/Suicide wrestled 6 matches.

Ricochet (plus flying to NJPW on the 4th), Hot Sauce Tracy Williams/Silver Ant, Jeff Cobb, Jason Cade, and Dezmond Xavier wrestled 5 matches.

The Hardyz (Counting Mania & Raw), Joey Janela, Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix, Toni Storm (twice at WWE Axxess), TK Cooper (twice at WWE Axxess), Fred Yehi, Sammy Guevara, Chris Dickenson, Jaka, Austin Theory, Hornswoggle (1 DDT Hardcore title "match"), and Ethan Page wrestled 4 matches.

Jason Kincaid, Marty Scrull, Will Ospreay, Pete Dunne (1 at WWE Axxess, maybe more), Drew Galloway, Donovan Dijak, Jake Crist, Candice LaRae, Su Young, Allie/Cherry Bomb, Fire Ant/Orange Cassidy, Mascarita Dorada/El Torito, Moose, Zachary Wentz, Martin Stone, LuFisto, Leva Bates, Jessicka Havok, Tessa Blanchard, Timothy Thatcher, Jinny (twice at WWE Axxess), Travis Banks (once at WWE Axxess), Jimmy Havoc (once at WWE Axxess), and Manscout Jake Manning wrestled 3 matches.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 5, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Out of curiosity I went to see how many matches everyone on the indie shows wrestled from Thursday to Monday that at least wrestled 3 times using Cagematch.net

Michael Elign wrestled 10 matches, with 4 matches in one day.

Sami Callihan wrestled 9 matches. He's wrestled 3 times in two different days.

AR Fox (4 matches in one day) and Shane Strickland(4 matches in one day) wrestled 8 matches.

Brian Cage, ACH, Joey Ryan (two DDT Hardcore title "matches"), and Lio Rush wrestled 7 matches.

Zack Sabre Jr. (plus flying to Japan for NJPW on the 4th), Keith Lee, David Starr, Matt Riddle, Dave Crist (4 matches in one day), and Caleb Konely/Suicide wrestled 6 matches.

Ricochet (plus flying to NJPW on the 4th), Hot Sauce Tracy Williams/Silver Ant, Jeff Cobb, Jason Cade, and Dezmond Xavier wrestled 5 matches.

The Hardyz (Counting Mania & Raw), Joey Janela, Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix, Toni Storm (twice at WWE Axxess), TK Cooper (twice at WWE Axxess), Fred Yehi, Sammy Guevara, Chris Dickenson, Jaka, Austin Theory, Hornswoggle (1 DDT Hardcore title "match"), and Ethan Page wrestled 4 matches.

Jason Kincaid, Marty Scrull, Will Ospreay, Pete Dunne (1 at WWE Axxess, maybe more), Drew Galloway, Donovan Dijak, Jake Crist, Candice LaRae, Su Young, Allie/Cherry Bomb, Fire Ant/Orange Cassidy, Mascarita Dorada/El Torito, Moose, Zachary Wentz, Martin Stone, LuFisto, Leva Bates, Jessicka Havok, Tessa Blanchard, Timothy Thatcher, Jinny (twice at WWE Axxess), Travis Banks (once at WWE Axxess), Jimmy Havoc (once at WWE Axxess), and Manscout Jake Manning wrestled 3 matches.

Can't knock the hustle

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Can't knock the hustle

I was gonna put people who wrestled 2 times as well, but that is way too much, but lets just say that Cody Rhodes and Marty Jannetty wrestled the same number of matches these past few days. Also I think some Axxess results are missing and a lot of the WWE UK people wrestled multiple more times.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think you missed a couple shows Callihan was on. He was talking about working his 9th match at Beyond and still had FIP and the post-WM midnight show the next day which puts him at 11 matches in 5 days

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

oatgan posted:

I think you missed a couple shows Callihan was on. He was talking about working his 9th match at Beyond and still had FIP and the post-WM midnight show the next day which puts him at 11 matches in 5 days

Also the only one I saw who worked all out every performance. Kudos to that man.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Keith Lee seems like a cool motherfucker, can someone direct me to a best-of list I can watch?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

saturday!

Penta El 0M vs. AR Fox - AAW Heritage Title
OI4K vs. Jack Evans/Angelico - Tag Team Titles
Matt Riddle vs. Michael Elgin
Rey Fenix vs. John Morrison
ACH vs. Shane Strickland (!)
Trevor Lee vs. Chuck Taylor
Abyss vs. Low Ki
Sami Callihan
Eddie Kingston
Besties In The World
Stephen Wolf (upstate debut!)
Jason Kincaid?

4/22 in LaSalle

Michael Elgin vs. Daga
Chuck Taylor vs. Alex Daniels
Veda Scott vs. Samantha Heights
Ace Perry/Paco vs. Connor Braxton/Buck Nasty with Scarlett Bordeaux
Rey Fenix
Candice LeRae
OI4K
AR Fox
Mat Fitchett
Zachary Wentz
Brubaker
Mike Hartenbower
CJ Esparza
Trey Miguel
Stephen Wolf
Autograph guest Bob Holly

The below might be added dates:

5/6 at Logan Square
Zack Sabre Jr.
Keith Lee (debut)
Bobby Fish (debut)

5/25 in Berwyn
Team Tremendous
War Machine (debut)
Laredo Kid (debut)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope Bob Holly wrestles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Candice vs. Bob

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

-Kincaid was announced but maybe he's still injured
-they explicitly noted that Stephen Wolf was added to the Rosemont show because AAW officials were "impressed" with his LaSalle performances. having an indie dev territory is funny to me
-the Rosemont show is like, 3 miles from the Allstate Arena. somebody tweeted that it's "near sold out" and I'm presuming it's a p big venue
-I also like that the indie dev territory doubling as a place for Michael Elgin to wrestle former AAA guys for the first time
-Scarbo is presumably another fly-in now since she moved to Vegas
-the Logan Square date was previously announced but the Berwyn Eagles Club show next month is added so they're up to 20+ shows this year

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The late May Berwyn show is apparently not a Season Ticket event, which is fine.

(I can't make it anyway due to a work thing.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seems like indies everywhere are putting on strong cards with a lot of similar talent, only a good thing. Really happy to see indies where theyre at right now, only wish everyone wrestling could make tons of money off of it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I guess Daga got his Visa issues worked out. He didn't get popped like Speedball did when he wrestled without a valid visa.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super No Vacancy posted:

-Kincaid was announced but maybe he's still injured
-they explicitly noted that Stephen Wolf was added to the Rosemont show because AAW officials were "impressed" with his LaSalle performances. having an indie dev territory is funny to me
-the Rosemont show is like, 3 miles from the Allstate Arena. somebody tweeted that it's "near sold out" and I'm presuming it's a p big venue
-I also like that the indie dev territory doubling as a place for Michael Elgin to wrestle former AAA guys for the first time
-Scarbo is presumably another fly-in now since she moved to Vegas
-the Logan Square date was previously announced but the Berwyn Eagles Club show next month is added so they're up to 20+ shows this year

Kincaid is out a few weeks with a stinger

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know if I've asked this before but why is AAW's poster design on such a higher level than any other indie and even WWE most of the time? Is it one person doing it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know if I've asked this before but why is AAW's poster design on such a higher level than any other indie and even WWE most of the time? Is it one person doing it?

Yes. It pretty much comes down to having a super fan or a friend who's really good at that poo poo you can lean on.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

From luchablog/cubsfan:

Pentagon is off today’s DEFY show in Seattle due to a personal emergency. I suspect that means he’s also not in AAW tomorrow but it hasn’t been announced yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mexico really needs to stop loving with talent. Taking a dude's family hostage is pretty nuts.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hope he makes the show because I just bought tickets. Should still be a great card, but I love me some Pentagón.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The bottom one looks like absolute poo poo, terrible graphics quality.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

The bottom one looks like absolute poo poo, terrible graphics quality.

It's for downstate, they don't get the full effort.

Annoyed I'm missing this week but Keith Lee :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrianPickett/status/850732142959222785

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I picked up a month of floslam so I could watch a lot of the wrestlemania shows.

Anything else in their archives I should check out during this month?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

I picked up a month of floslam so I could watch a lot of the wrestlemania shows.

You can't really go wrong with any of the evolve shows from earlier this year. Evolve has been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

mariooncrack posted:

wXw's 16 Carat Gold from this year is a hell of a tournament.