Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I knew Experimental Treatment was coming for today's daily and I saved a Strength card I got for it, until I accidentally hit the Q button prior to getting it. Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

AbstractNapper posted:

Today's daily is "April fool's" themed (although not as fun as the April's fool challenge). You get the keeper (re-skinned) and the items you pick up (from pedestals) or any trinkets are not what they seem.

I lost Wooden Nickel, got Flaming Tears and Bob's Brain and ultimately Experimental Treatment. If that wasn't bad enough, I came across the room with the three slider blocks guarding buttons and didn't have enough speed to escape the middle one. Needless to say, my run ended right there. :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Wugga posted:

I lost Wooden Nickel, got Flaming Tears and Bob's Brain and ultimately Experimental Treatment. If that wasn't bad enough, I came across the room with the three slider blocks guarding buttons and didn't have enough speed to escape the middle one. Needless to say, my run ended right there. :(

Same, I had a tech x nightmare spread and then got that -1 health and the three switch room got me.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Wugga posted:

That's a puzzle room, you're supposed to do the outside buttons first so the middle one can't chase you once you reach it. :eng101:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Orange Harrison posted:

That's a puzzle room, you're supposed to do the outside buttons first so the middle one can't chase you once you reach it. :eng101:

It can still damage you before the spikes retract ):
My condolences to those who missed the strength card in that daily. I used it but still managed to die in depths 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow gently caress the Speed challenge. It not even the time limit but the super fast enemies that just constantly hit you. I lost three hearts on loving spiders on floor three, ugh. Guess the lovely Get Out of Jail Free card will just never be unlocked then. Oh well.

[edit]

Oh great, I had a good Ultra Hard run going...and I got telepill into the error room before killing Mom. :suicide: to that run.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 4, 2017

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Orange Harrison posted:

Yeah, that's how I do it. It's still possible to take damage from the middle one.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Today's daily is a Judas run and you can find D100 early on (I think either Depths 1 or Caves 2). However, after my sixth or seventh re-roll (after a build with Halitosis), the result build was a horrible Epic Fetus with a bunch of other bomb interactions apparently because it kept filling the screen with explosions, with no way to stop them, and I basically kept taking damage until I died 2-3 screens later.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I had a fun Isaac run as Lazarus today (sorry for the twitter embends).

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/850541493714468866

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/850541756592541696

This run was rough as heck until I got Host Hat before Hush. Shame Hush was a unfun fight since he has that armor, and the bombs kept pushing me into his bullets. I actually used Lazarus' extra life on that fight and had to quickly get the Nail working in the Void to survive. Thankfully after a few rough calls, I found some soul hearts and got myself back to a good state and quickly killed Delirium.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I got the Dedication and 1000000% achievement starting yesterday's Daily.
I have yet to find the new fly item from the addon pack, so I can confirm that those are not required for achievement completion.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I started an Eden run with MissingNo and the D8. My tear rate was 29 and my damage was 1.32. I used the D8 once, and my tears went to 32. It took me forever to clear four rooms, including one room that I had to do the whole "save and quit and restart to clear champions out of a room" because I literally could not kill a regenerating fly. I used it again, and my damage went to 0.89. I quit that run, gently caress that. I can only imagine what would have happened to Northernlion or Cobalt Streak or any of the other streamers if they saw that. Random fly enemies took minutes to kill!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I used up all my eden tokens dicking around a year ago, so my routine has been "play through once with a favorite character, play through with eden next, repeat."
That being said, it feels like a real gyp when the last two or three edens I've gotten start with minimum tears/minimum damage and being virtually unable to kill any enemy that isn't basic. Even sticking it out till the first boss chamber you just get brickwalled by rag man's being mathematically impossible to beat with those stats before he fills the room with spawns.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Well, I can hardly believe I did it, but I'll never have to play as Keeper again. I'm not ashamed to admit I exploited the victory lap glitch to do it (restart the game after starting VL to reactivate achievements), but now I have every single hard mode mark on him. Greedier, Delirium, the works.

For whatever reason, he's only the third character I've done this with, after Apollyon and Isaac. Now all that's left is filling out the rest, beating the Ultra Hard challenge, and playing 31 dailies in AB+. I need to stop.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is there a good mod or method to use the flash binding of isaac soundtrack in place of rebirth's soundtrack?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ryuga Death posted:

Is there a good mod or method to use the flash binding of isaac soundtrack in place of rebirth's soundtrack?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835484845
If you have afterbirth+ you can subscribe to this mod (disables achievements unfortunately), otherwise you have to manually install this one: https://moddingofisaac.com/mod/91/pure-classic-music-mod

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

In Antibirth, has anyone found a decent J+E strategy? I'm mostly just stacking tear upgrades on Esau and hoping I get enough health/damage to facetank any of the bosses - precision dodging around any of the major boss projectile spam seems outright impossible.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stelas posted:

In Antibirth, has anyone found a decent J+E strategy? I'm mostly just stacking tear upgrades on Esau and hoping I get enough health/damage to facetank any of the bosses - precision dodging around any of the major boss projectile spam seems outright impossible.

Hold the Drop button to move only one of them. Always go down the Antibirth path since you can pick up both items if you sync them up; getting around twice as many items makes things a lot easier/more interesting. In general, give Jacob all HP upgrades and Esau all spirit hearts, though you can break that rule if things are getting too skewed. Though their hitbox is larger, the standby rule of "keep moving" should still work pretty well for dodging outside of the more complex bullet hell-y stuff.

Don't know how useful any of that is, but it's all that comes to the top of my head right now.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
NL did a mod showcase run with "The Drawn" character, that looked really fun to play with. He gets ink drops instead of keys, bombs, and hearts and uses ink as currency to get consumables or spawn some special stuff (like turrets or "stomps").
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899746193

edit: removed link to horrible face cam youtube video for a (controversial it seems) TC mod.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 27, 2017

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I got a little excited by potato peeler in this daily and killed myself floor 1 in what has to be my most epic blunder to date

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

that ivy guy posted:

I got a little excited by potato peeler in this daily and killed myself floor 1 in what has to be my most epic blunder to date

Can't be as bad as using a telepill in a room with the mini mush and magic mush and getting taken to an error room.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
God drat. I have the post card filled out for everyone in afterbirth for PS4 (minus the keeper and the lost) and dear god the keeper is the most annoying character I've ever played.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

God drat. I have the post card filled out for everyone in afterbirth for PS4 (minus the keeper and the lost) and dear god the keeper is the most annoying character I've ever played.

If it makes you feel any better his items all loving suck!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I literally cannot unlock Zip! for some reason. Pictured is evidence that I can (and have, repeatedly) do it.

Is there a way to manually unlock this without messing with the rest of my unlock progression?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Did you exit and re-enter your game after starting your victory laps?

Ghouljokes
Nov 30, 2016

For todays daily run you can get godhead if you buy Chaos in the second floor basement shop

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I noticed this topic has really slowed down lately. Is anyone else like me, just utterly burned out on this game? I'm finally trying to tackle other parts of my Steam Library I've ignored (Shovel Knight, for one).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

IUG posted:

I noticed this topic has really slowed down lately. Is anyone else like me, just utterly burned out on this game? I'm finally trying to tackle other parts of my Steam Library I've ignored (Shovel Knight, for one).
People were already burnt out when AB+ was released. That's the problem, AB+ didn't do enough to make things feel fresh again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Isaac is always a game I play in intense but short bursts so I'm totally okay with taking breaks once I've gotten all my cheevos

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Do they still intend to release the expansion packs or whatever they call them per month? Is the next one coming out this week?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Edmund recently said the second pack is being tested.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I finished everything 10000% and have no motivation to continue.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm still waiting for AB+ to come to PS4.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Store restock + store selling soul hearts + double Steam Sale + Soul Converter + Potato Peeler + time and patience = an army of Super Meat Boys

It's too bad they tend to stack on top of each other, or else the screenshots would probably be a lot more spectacular.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
^I wonder how much the new modding tools would let you tamper with existing code in order to fix something like that.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Spergatory posted:

^I wonder how much the new modding tools would let you tamper with existing code in order to fix something like that.

Not at all

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

that ivy guy posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835484845
If you have afterbirth+ you can subscribe to this mod (disables achievements unfortunately), otherwise you have to manually install this one: https://moddingofisaac.com/mod/91/pure-classic-music-mod

Can I install this if I'm using stock AB, not AB+? Will it affect my save progress once I install it? I've modded lots of steam games (manually, before the community thing), but never before Isaac.
Also, how would I go about making my own music replacements? I'm thinking a Timesplitters sountrack mod.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 1, 2017

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Orange Harrison posted:

Can I install this if I'm using stock AB, not AB+? Will it affect my save progress once I install it? I've modded lots of steam games (manually, before the community thing), but never before Isaac.
Also, how would I go about making my own music replacements? I'm thinking a Timesplitters sountrack mod.

Yep, manual install works just fine for afterbirth DLC. this particular mod shouldn't interact with save files in any way, although I'm not sure how mods which do add items etc. affect that. can't help you with that last question either, sorry!

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Odd occurence. Playing on the Switch and I just finished a basic greed run with Isaac. Go back to the menu and accidentally picked Continue (it was greyed out, no run to continue) and well, it continued on my greed run...from the beginning. I have all items I finished with and still have leftover coins and all my stats lol. Let's see if I can finish this one quick and keep plugging coins or if the machine is still broken.

Edit; I started back with my d6 which was baller. It's like a victory lap but for greed mode lol. Just one shotting everything.

Edit 2; (maybe people know about this or maybe it was a bug) anyway finished that. Was basically getting nonstop guppy items and breakfast by the end. I don't know if the donation machine spawned, if it did it was inside greed and was broken. But it was fun to blast thru greed mode like that.

the popular kids fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 6, 2017

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
^^ It might be Rerun mode. It's available after a win, and starts you with everything you had when you won. It disables achievements, though, and that can't be undone like it can in Victory Lap mode. You unlock it by starting a 4th victory lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey all, question: I picked this up and have been playing some but I'm having an error: the game crashes after I beat it. My understanding is they added a ng+ type option where it starts you over in basement 1 after a win... is this a common problem? Does anyone know the fix.