Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
So they are building Bratva as the next big bad, right? Ollie has done nothing but screw them over since he got back home.
It would be properly tragic considering his past with the current leader. Like soap opera tragic, perfect for the CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Aleph Null posted:

So they are building Bratva as the next big bad, right? Ollie has done nothing but screw them over since he got back home.
It would be properly tragic considering his past with the current leader. Like soap opera tragic, perfect for the CW.

Doubt it. Unless they went full KGBeast, which would be really odd considering this version of Anatoly .

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

It's actually hard to say. There's also Talia still kicking about I believe, Vigilante (though more of a B-plot at this point), and Helix (same, but even more threatening).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a lot of Bratva, X al Ghul/League of Assassins, and Helix directions they could go but we have no idea how this season will end as far as Oliver's identity, legal status, and political career and most of the past seasons have introduced a new villain. Plus the flashbacks are almost caught up now so we don't really know what they're going to do with that next season.

I mean, five episodes is still a lot of time to clean off the board and setup new pieces.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Scrap the show, start up... Justice Society of America!

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
We still need sports master like the one in young justice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They kinda, sorta blew The Justice Society on Legends. Plus I'm holding out hope that Jay Garrick's got a super hero team over on Earth 19 or whatever it is.

Besides, Oliver's team is clearly The Outsiders and Black Lightning entering the Arrow-verse just confirms that for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I miss Sirens.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
All the Manu bitching was actually setup for his return.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry she's a regular next season.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I used SG1 as an example because I want to see them shoot some insanely exaggerated action sequences and have the witness be like "AND THEN HE SHOT 40 ARROWS AND IT STOPPED THE TRUCK DEAD " and poo poo like that.

The Rashomon episode of Batman TAS was pretty great for this too. (Not "Legends of the Dark Knight", this one.)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm sad they killed off Church so early, I love that actor

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

McSpanky posted:

The Rashomon episode of Batman TAS was pretty great for this too. (Not "Legends of the Dark Knight", this one.)

There was also "Almost Got im" where all the villains are sitting around comparing death traps that almost worked while they play poker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

There was also "Almost Got im" where all the villains are sitting around comparing death traps that almost worked while they play poker.

Ooooh, I want this with the Legion of Doom all telling stories about how they punked their respective heroes and the flashbacks portray the heroes the even bigger idiots than they are.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

Guess he was set up for a limited filming period because of his role on The Expanse (which everyone should watch).

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pellisworth posted:

Cutty kicks rear end whether he's in Baltimore or space.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Didn't Felicity pay for the lair?
I was wondering this as well. And then I thought it's maybe the one underneath Ollie's campaign office, which I guess he owns? And then I realised that the show's writers probably don't have any idea who owns this lair or where it's located either so there's no point worrying about it. Besides, it'll probably be destroyed or compromised and abandoned before much longer anyway.

Rhyno posted:

I would LOVE a man on the street interview episode of Arrow. Especially if they did it tongue in cheek like Stargate's 200th episode.
I'd like to see them do it like a TV documentary interviewing "experts", cops, witnesses, etc. with a panel discussion featuring at least one person who's a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also Talia still kicking about I believe, Vigilante (though more of a B-plot at this point), and Helix (same, but even more threatening).
Wait, who was Helix?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Helix is the hacktivists Felicity is getting involved with.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
the tattoo, a photo of Ollie hanging with Bratva and a photo of a hooded dude with a bow from the same time period in Russia seems like really flimsy evidence to suggest he's the Green Arrow

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
By the way, I really hope Felicity's guest appearance on LoT was her only stint as a (costumed and fighting) vigilante. I shuddered when some interviews said that she was getting a costume, but in that alternate timeline story it made sense.

One thing I instantly liked about Arrow from the first season was that they gave Oliver a reason to be so powerful. After his father killed himself in front of Ollie to save his life, Ollie spent five years in hell, enduring all kinds of physical and mental torture and experiencing bad poo poo happening to people he cared about while constantly training and honing his skills. Sara had a quite similar backstory when she resurfaced, having been trained by and working for the mystical League of Assassins the whole time.

...And I really think they dropped that ball with some of the other characters. On the other end of the bad rear end-scale: Laurel took some self defense class from a former vigilante, Thea spent a few weeks on vacation with her assassin father. Roy and Wild Dog were just some violence-loving hooligans from the Glades who decided to fight for justice. There's not really any reason why these characters should be able to hold their own in a fight against organized criminals (until after Roy got Mirkuru'd and Thea was baptized in the Lazarus pit. Magic trumps all).

Everytime Felicity has been shown doing sit-ups or angrily hitting something I have feared that the writers would give her a crime fighting costume.

I'm giving Curtis the benefit of the doubt here, since the show actually showed him fumbling at vigilantism despite being a former olympic medalist, and then realizing that his mind was his strongest muscle.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I have a sneaking suspicion this helix thing is leading towards a possible scenario where Felicity is the big bad next season.

I wish they'd find something more for Thea to do. It's sad that she's basically disappeared from the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Organized crime doesn't include martial arts training. The Bratva trained as much as Wild Dog did.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

kjetting posted:

By the way, I really hope Felicity's guest appearance on LoT was her only stint as a (costumed and fighting) vigilante. I shuddered when some interviews said that she was getting a costume, but in that alternate timeline story it made sense.

Everytime Felicity has been shown doing sit-ups or angrily hitting something I have feared that the writers would give her a crime fighting costume.

Good news, one of the showrunners said that that was one of two lines he was unwilling to cross.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Senerio posted:

Good news, one of the showrunners said that that was one of two lines he was unwilling to cross.

What was the other? :allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Killing Thea.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Lord Bude posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion this helix thing is leading towards a possible scenario where Felicity is the big bad next season.

I wish they'd find something more for Thea to do. It's sad that she's basically disappeared from the show.

Nah it will be a bunch of drama about how she helped Helix become the big bad, through whatever she has been helping them do so far. Giving her an enemy that isn't quite as lame as Hacker Bee Girl to fight with magical computer fights while hacking the gibson.

It writes itself, send the arrow team to chopsocky some security guards and plant a hacker device while she tensely glares at the computer and types with Curtis.

Helix probably wins, she loses her confidence at some point in the season and we get flashbacks to goth felicity, before she gets her spirit back and can type even faster than before.

That's a wrap on season 6 guys, see you in two years.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

[...] with a panel discussion featuring at least one person who's a crazy conspiracy theorist.

"Look, it's clear where this is going. Oliver Queen is the Arrow! He's got Lance and the PD in his pocket!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bruceski posted:

"Look, it's clear where this is going. Oliver Queen is the Arrow! He's got Lance and the PD in his pocket!"

"The mayor of this city secretly became a member of the Russian mob while he was stranded on an island for 5 years"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spacebump posted:

"The mayor of this city secretly became a member of the Russian mob while he was stranded on an island for 5 years"

"There are secret photos showing the mayor in Russia wearing a hood but THEY'RE suppressing them!"

Alternatively it seems like the only reason Helix hasn't exposed Oliver given the ethical and moral issues of him being mayor is because Felicity is useful to them. I could see them threatening to out him if she ever tries to back away from them.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I doubt Helix would be the main big bad for Season 6. Maybe a B-plot bad, or working in conjunction with a big bad, but not the big bad itself.

Edit: Unless Helix is ultimately controlled by someone we haven't seen yet.

Tiggum posted:

I was wondering this as well. And then I thought it's maybe the one underneath Ollie's campaign office, which I guess he owns? And then I realised that the show's writers probably don't have any idea who owns this lair or where it's located either so there's no point worrying about it. Besides, it'll probably be destroyed or compromised and abandoned before much longer anyway.

Didn't Thea find and rent/buy the campaign headquarters? Does this mean she technically owns the lair? (You know kinda like her apartment that Felicity stole. Yes I know we've been over that.)

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!

Longbaugh01 posted:

I doubt Helix would be the main big bad for Season 6. Maybe a B-plot bad, or working in conjunction with a big bad, but not the big bad itself.

Edit: Unless Helix is ultimately controlled by someone we haven't seen yet.

Didn't Thea find and rent/buy the campaign headquarters? Does this mean she technically owns the lair? (You know kinda like her apartment that Felicity stole. Yes I know we've been over that.)

Been over it, yes, but this latest ep when Felicity made a sarcastic quip about the gang being in "my apartment" I wanted to punch her.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I literally have no idea how Helix ties into anything. While this could fall apart, I've got enough revived faith in the writers this year.

They somehow stuck the landing with Prometheus, even though Adrian Chase was literally the most obvious choice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quincyh posted:

Been over it, yes, but this latest ep when Felicity made a sarcastic quip about the gang being in "my apartment" I wanted to punch her.

That was funny, but I don't think it was sarcastic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I understand a lot of the Felicity hate (not all of it, but a lot of it) but the thing where people are mad that she lives in Thea's old apartment just seems weird to me.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

STAC Goat posted:

I understand a lot of the Felicity hate (not all of it, but a lot of it) but the thing where people are mad that she lives in Thea's old apartment just seems weird to me.

Just think of it as fuel for the fire.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean, the whole thing with the apartment is funny because Oliver and Felicity move there when they're called back to deal with HIVE, but you know its still Thea's. At some point, the ownership changes hands and its Felicity's for no apparent reason.

I've always seen it as a plot hole that no one bothered to address but its still odd nonetheless

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Carlosologist posted:

I mean, the whole thing with the apartment is funny because Oliver and Felicity move there when they're called back to deal with HIVE, but you know its still Thea's. At some point, the ownership changes hands and its Felicity's for no apparent reason.

I've always seen it as a plot hole that no one bothered to address but its still odd nonetheless

Maybe because even though the Queens aren't as wealthy as they started out, they are wealthy enough to give a nice apartment to a friend and not care. Or maybe Felicity made enough money as CEO to buy it from Thea and it just happened off camera.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My vague memory of it was that Thea had moved in with Laurel between seasons in the wake of getting Pitted so the nice apartment was either unoccupied or Oliver and Felicity were using it as a city apartment.

It just seems like a non issue. Thea was living with her brother but then her brother got in a serious relationship so she moved out and left the couple in the apartment. That happens all the time. Then the relationship ended and he told Felicity to keep the apartment because he felt guilty about things.

On a show filled with really silly comic book logic that just seems like totally normal real world people stuff. Felicity's current hacker adventure is way dumber.

edit: And yeah, its always been kind of subtly mentioned how Oliver, Thea, and Felicity are all doing just fine financially from the payoffs of Merlyn, Queen Industries, and Palmer Tech. Hell, Moira probably had a nice life insurance policy.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 5, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It doesn't help that Oliver had to leave his sister's apartment because of the break up scene, possibly the worst scene in the entire show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I want to live in a real world where million-dollar condos are just traded around like office chairs. This isn't the same scenario where you move out with your college bro and his girlfriend moves in and takes over your half of the lease

• Locked thread