Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

he means making money by purchasing a dictor from someone and then autopiloting to a hostile staging system, rinse repeat, as a way to extract peacetime SRP

Rhymenoserous posted:

He was being a smartass due to the way I spelled welp.

misspelled :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

every corp in the alliance has a lot of members who's sole contribution is ratting taxes and being unwittingly WH gang bait.

That's just it though, I am unsure of how the money goes from corp tax to alliance SRP fund. is it just collected then sent to an alliance wallet at fixed points or?

I understand that the system can pull money from people directly, but how does it go that next step without some kind of fraud or dishonesty happening regularly or all the time? is it just wallet API tracking on every member corp or what?

Worlds Smuggest fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 4, 2017

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Worlds Smuggest posted:

That's just it though, I am unsure of how the money goes from corp tax to alliance SRP fund. is it just collected then sent to an alliance wallet at fixed points or?

I understand that the system can pull money from people directly, but how does it go that next step without some kind of fraud or dishonesty happening regularly or all the time? is it just wallet API tracking on every member corp or what?

The alliance tracks how much in taxes each corp collects through APIs. Both the corp APIs and APIs for each individual member

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

The alliance tracks how much in taxes each corp collects through APIs. Both the corp APIs and APIs for each individual member

Then basically it's cough up the money or be commisar'd?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Alliance tax

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Yup. I can't think of a time that a member corp actually refused to pay the tax though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Worlds Smuggest posted:

corps have to give submit an API and have a baseline tax of 10%. At the end of the month Goonswarm calculates what the alliances is owed and the membercorps send the isk. Corps can tax more than 10% and keep the remainder, like 15%, send alliance the 10%, keep 5% for internal costs or something.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I'm actually kind of surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to game the system yet if that is all it takes.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to game the system yet if that is all it takes.

everyone obviously loves us too much to try

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Like a fake api or something? I mean the setup is pretty simple, hard to game something with few parts like that.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
and I assume you don't let people have PAC's that are blue outside of the alliance itself right?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Getting special standings is effectively impossible. Outside PACs are permitted but they will not be blue.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
seems fairly secure, but is there much concern over space for it? from what i can tell on dotlan the NPC kills seem very concentrated in delve.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
If a pilot is not blue, it's getting shot. So not an issue.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lol if your neutral altcorp isn't blue

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

did PL just fail a titan gank?

Atarch
Feb 11, 2017

Spoopy Ghost

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I'd imagine it would be kind of hard to game a system as simple as that.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Atarch posted:

I'd imagine it would be kind of hard to game a system as simple as that.

Hasn't stopped people from trying before :D

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Hasn't stopped people from trying before :D

Anyone interested in gaming the system for nothing more than isk would be running their own small alliance rather than a GSF membercorp. There's not that big a gap in work required, and you get to run it as much like a banana republic as you want without any hardasses to tell you no.

When a corp CEO games the system they do it for weird powerplays or personal beef.

(Also this tax structure is for membercorps, which are the ones like amok or karmafleet or the krauts, not altcorps which are the little ones anybody can set up for pos mining or whatever. Altcorps have to pay all 15% to the alliance so there's nothing to game.)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

i think we came out 75-25 efficiency on a capfight or something

gfs all around

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

gfs all around

The accountants are still running the figures but the preliminary estimate has us as the victors. Though we have yet to round up the cents so it could be anyone's game at this point. You have to be careful about these things because a single rogue decimal could lose you the whole war, weeks after the last shot was fired. An improperly placed comma will strike s good commander dead as certain as any snipers bullet

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Zephyrine posted:

The accountants are still running the figures but the preliminary estimate has us as the victors. Though we have yet to round up the cents so it could be anyone's game at this point. You have to be careful about these things because a single rogue decimal could lose you the whole war, weeks after the last shot was fired. An improperly placed comma will strike s good commander dead as certain as any snipers bullet

Ask your doctor to check your meds.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

uhhhh

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I hear co2 is a good alliance

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Orange Red Bull posted:

lawl

Edit: We just got one titan of each race, three (I think) supers and some faxes and dreads in Impass. That was fun. Goon cyno bros4lyfe etc.

Edit: it was more than that I guess: it was all a bit fast and clearing fighters is pretty non-stop.

Endie fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 4, 2017

Tactical Shitpost
Jun 13, 2016
https://zkillboard.com/br/89937/

At the moment it's 866 bil lost by co2 vs 282 bil by PL and friends.

The Asakai butcher bill was 700 bilion total, so, yea.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

gfs all around

what does that even mean

are you still elite or nah

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Endie posted:

We just got one titan of each race

Let it be known that PL does not discriminate.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

gfs all around

75-25?
25?

Who forgot to drop corp?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i'm sure they'll have a corp meeting to discuss implant unplugging techniques to swing the numbers a bit better next time

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

lawl

Edit: We just got one titan of each race, three (I think) supers and some faxes and dreads in Impass. That was fun. Goon cyno bros4lyfe etc.

Edit: it was more than that I guess: it was all a bit fast and clearing fighters is pretty non-stop.

Gj twisting the knife :twisted: :getin:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if PL had killed an aeon it would have set a record for the first alliance to lose one of each supercap at the same time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reverand maynard posted:

if PL had killed an aeon it would have set a record for the first alliance to lose one of each supercap at the same time.

:eyepop: your avatar

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

:eyepop: your avatar

Its the best way to formulate posts.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Ew another mod

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Wait I feel like I've had this conversation already

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have no power here,anyway

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Wait no, it was the cool anarchy symbol not moderator that came up last time

my phone didn't show that, just the blue star

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i'm sure they'll have a corp meeting to discuss implant unplugging techniques to swing the numbers a bit better next time

I suppose that one or another of the corps might be worried about lossmails but I was delighted to leave a beautiful corpse and was annoyed at the two caps we lost that were more expensive than mine, especially since one was cheating by looting then dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
I hope the story of how con lost that Titan is true, a comedy of errors.

• Locked thread