Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

Are they still canon? I thought Dire Wraiths now fight Transformers and GI Joe.

Marvel just has regular Wraith.

I'm sorry.

(Did he even do anything after Annihilation or did everyone just decide to ignore him?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wi

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm sorry.

(Did he even do anything after Annihilation or did everyone just decide to ignore him?)

Wikis say essentially the latter.

New comic on previous page.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Robot is still very very slowly destroying the city.

Even in the first panel, we see the Sentry looking less enthusiastic with its SHROOMing as it realizes there's not much to actually destroy in that city.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That second panel is how MJ looks when Peter wants to fool around in bed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That second panel is how MJ looks when Peter wants to fool around in bed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That also works, yes.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Well...I guess I could blow up that one car again."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"Well...I guess I could blow up that one car again."

I guess the Carol vs. Car meme from a few years back finally gets an explanation: Kree & Cars hate each other.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Even in the first panel, we see the Sentry looking less enthusiastic with its SHROOMing as it realizes there's not much to actually destroy in that city.

I think it's mostly just upset about suddenly being the same size as Spidey.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Sentry has realised how time works in the Newspaperverse, and is unenthusiastically shrooming stuff until they're done with the exposition.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That first panel reminds me of that infamous picture of the cop pepper-spraying the row of handcuffed Occupy Wall Streeters...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really want the Avengers to swoop in in a little bit, punch the sentry a couple times and be snarky assholes to Pete like "Hey yeah we just wanted to see if you could handle this robot slowly blowing up cars, but I guess not. Maybe stick to bank robbers?"

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

There are so many cars being destroyed in this comic I thought I was reading newspaper avengers: the movie for a moment.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

I never thought I'd empathise with a giant murder automaton. It just looks so bored, waiting for the next plot point to come along. Clearly it's seen Ronan and is waiting for a plot point to come along... just looking between the gaggle of MJ, Spider and Rocket and the empty cars it's SHROOMing in case it misses anything.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Push El Burrito posted:

Frostmourne hungers.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Witcher reboot lookin' good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Witcher reboot lookin' good.

You mean Nioh.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I am Wraith. Born from the Darklands in the Pain Village, where the Deep Black Parasite gave me Soul Sucking Night Powers. Please let me brood.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You would think a weapon of mass destruction worth traveling to our planet for would be able to destroy some minor city in a more efficient, swift manner.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an artisanal rampage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Considering said city is meant to be a test to see if it could take on Newspaperverse Guardians of the Galaxy, you gotta wonder how competent they must be that Rocket still considers it a threat.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
If Ronan isn't willing to deal with the Sentry union, then it's just going to take a month to destroy this one car.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bar Crow posted:

If Ronan isn't willing to deal with the Sentry union, then it's just going to take a month to destroy this one car.

Teamsters have been writing Newspaper Spider-Man for the last 5 years but nobody has noticed any difference in pacing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the sentry keeps losing track of what he has destroyed and what was the result of a small city's failing economy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The sentry deactivated its ray before it would've struck Ronan?!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I still can't believe Ronan is loving dead incapacitated.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
they're gonna have to web Ronan to both the sentry's hands somehow so it can't shoot its shrooms. Then they'll have to figure out how to get it to stop kicking everything instead.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ronan should hug the shroombot.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
HOW IS THIS SO INTERESTING

WHY DO I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THIS

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Buckets posted:

they're gonna have to web Ronan to both the sentry's hands somehow so it can't shoot its shrooms. Then they'll have to figure out how to get it to stop kicking everything instead.

Don't be stupid.

You web him to the Sentry's face so that all it can see is Ronan, and thus it doesn't try to attack anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sentry looking at Ronan like a kid who came home from school and found his alcoholic dad passed out on the floor.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think we're going to get a Very Special Episode about the Terry Schaivo case coming up.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I really can't wait for the panel of the awkward Ronan/Sentry web hug

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Clearly they're going to clone Ronan hundreds of times and tie his unconscious clones to every lamppost and fire hydrant in the city.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I STILL say it's gonna be a three man puppeteer act; Peter on the arm webs, MJ with sticks connected to the boots, and rocket yelling through a traffic cone to sound like Ronan

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

I think we're going to get a Very Special Episode about the Terry Schaivo case coming up.

It would be consistent with the time delay for topical relevance in Newspaper Spider-Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ronan's still dead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Carol Danvers shows up and a confused Sentry just makes hurtful comments towards her.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The plan involves painting themselves kree-blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Quick! Open up Ronan and paint the entire city in his blood! It'll be like Passover, but with even more giant robots!

• Locked thread