Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So you know how we all generally agreed the WiiU was pretty much dead and done with Breath of the Wild?

Turns out there is one final punchline to be told; The Warmastered Edition of Darksiders is getting a WiiU release on the 23rd of May, meaning that the console's library will actually end on a 3rd-party title :allears:.

If they'd gotten it out in November as planned, they might have sold at least a few copies. May, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why the hell does Swapdoodle give me an error message when I try to use codes from MyNintendo? I want my free dino-drawing lessons.

By the way, a small stationery set is free at the moment in the SD shop, at least in Europe.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So you know how we all generally agreed the WiiU was pretty much dead and done with Breath of the Wild?

Turns out there is one final punchline to be told; The Warmastered Edition of Darksiders is getting a WiiU release on the 23rd of May, meaning that the console's library will actually end on a 3rd-party title :allears:.

That's pretty cool. I'm a sucker for games being released hilariously late on dead platforms so maybe I'll pick it up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Apparently they have two Switch projects in development as well. I wonder if it's literally going to be DS1+2, I can't imagine they'd put that much dev time into DS1 on a dead platform and not think about putting it on the Switch as well.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are Canada and the US separate entities as far as region locking on the Wii U goes? Can I run a disc from Canada in my US console?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are Canada and the US separate entities as far as region locking on the Wii U goes? Can I run a disc from Canada in my US console?

No its just NA up here and then there is EU/JPN/SEA? and maybe others?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

As far as I know, it's just North America. You'd really get murdered on the exchange rate and shipping, though. Unless you're already in Canada and bought your Wii U in the US. In which case, you should be fine.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's all just North America as far as compatibility goes. I'm Canadian and buy stuff from the US sometimes, the only difference is that the Canadian versions comes with bilingual packaging.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
just found this on the shelf at WalMart. I probably should tell the staff that they shouldn't sell these any more

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

You're probably saving some confused grandma a lot of trouble. Get some hand cream, while you're at it. That hand looks kind of dry. :ohdear:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

clean your nails jivjov

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't hand shame

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Their computer system probably wouldn't even let them sell it.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

jivjov posted:

just found this on the shelf at WalMart. I probably should tell the staff that they shouldn't sell these any more

Send it to tips@consumerist.com! They do a fun roundup of this type of stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Dont the point cards generally still work?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is there a way to not see giant rear end signatures in SA? I don't want to put people on ignore but dear god man.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junkie Disease posted:

Is there a way to not see giant rear end signatures in SA? I don't want to put people on ignore but dear god man.

User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Show user's signatures in their posts?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Neddy Seagoon posted:

User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Show user's signatures in their posts?

ty!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dont the point cards generally still work?

That one isn't an eshop card. That's an oooooold DSi shop points card. That shop got closed for good a few days ago.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

jivjov posted:

That one isn't an eshop card. That's an oooooold DSi shop points card. That shop got closed for good a few days ago.

wouldn't it be activated at the register and then be denyed?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Junkie Disease posted:

wouldn't it be activated at the register and then be denyed?

Not sure if the video game console point cards are any different, but I know activating and managing gift cards for restaurants and the like are handled by a 3rd party company. It would be entirely up to them to turn off activations for obsolete cards. Could go either way, depending on how on the ball that company is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

The old Wii Point cards supposedly still work in the eShop.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The old Wii Point cards supposedly still work in the eShop.

I wish I could get my 200 Wii points onto a later Wii shop. Forever trapped.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

I wish I could get my 200 Wii points onto a later Wii shop. Forever trapped.

What bugs me is the Switch eShop doesn't share its account balance with the WiiU/3DS eShop for some insane reason. I have a NEOGEO game's worth of cash sitting in it, dammit! :argh:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What bugs me is the Switch eShop doesn't share its account balance with the WiiU/3DS eShop for some insane reason. I have a NEOGEO game's worth of cash sitting in it, dammit! :argh:

I believe you can link the account balances on Nintendo's website.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You totally can. It added the $40 I had day one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

I believe you can link the account balances on Nintendo's website.

The only thing stupider than having to do that, is this lovely error;

quote:

Error Code: 904-1404

This site cannot be used in your country at this time.

WHY?

edit: I take it back, somewhat. There's an option in the Switch eShop.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Junkie Disease posted:

theyre good actually

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

eonwe posted:

theyre good actually

I didn't say they were bad. I said giant rear end. They big yo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh i know buddy im just jokin.

what games we got comin tomorrow

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

eonwe posted:

oh i know buddy im just jokin.

what games we got comin tomorrow

Graceful Explosion Machine!

WHERE The FUCKS DARIUS BURST?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

finally we can buy vroom in the night sky in the us shop

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

inferis posted:

finally we can buy vroom in the night sky in the us shop

I am unironically excited for this dumb game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

There's a demo on the Japanese eShop for Minna de WaiWai! Spelunker, which is a platformer based on Spelunker. It supports up to 4-player co-op (either local or online). The demo is in Japanese only but it seems like a game which is pretty playable regardless.

Here's a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zes66QiDWrg

The full game is being released on 20th April. No news on a PAL or NA release yet.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Partial list of today's releases.

PAL update (week of April 6):

quote:

SWITCH RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Has-Been Heroes - €24.99 / £19.99 (April 4)
    Lego City Undercover - €59.99 / £49.99 (April 7)
    Just Dance 2017 - demo

SWITCH eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ACA NeoGeo Alpha Mission II - €6.99 / £6.29
    Graceful Explosion Machine - €12.99 / £9.99

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Y.A.S.G. - €1.99 / £?

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    World Sports Competition (TG16) - €5.99 / £5.39

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Yokai Watch 2 - Bony Spirits - €39.99 / £34.99
    Yokai Watch 2 - Fleshy Souls - €39.99 / £34.99

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Dragon Sinker - €9.99 / £?

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

NA update (week of April 6):

quote:

SWITCH RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego City Undercover - $59.99 (April 7)

SWITCH eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ACA NeoGeo Alpha Mission II - $7.99
    Graceful Explosion Machine - $12.99

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    World Sports Competition (TG16) - $5.99

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Dragon Sinker - $9.99

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

Both regions are getting the latest ACA NeoGeo game, Alpha Mission II, along with Dragon Sinker on 3DS. Also Lego City Undercover is being released for Switch on Friday. Graceful Explosion Machine is a pretty anticipated Nindie, although there's not much word on it yet. World Sports Competition is the latest TG-16 offering on the WiiU Virtual Console.

In PAL-land, the space shooter Y.A.S.G. (which came out in NA in February) is hitting the WiiU. Also both versions of Yokai Watch 2 are out on 3DS. There's also a demo of Just Dance 2017 for Switch.

Next week's NeoGeo game is Samurai Shodown IV.

I'll try to get the Sales updated, they're just a bit of a pain to maintain because the info isn't really being released anymore as far as I can tell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lego City is a great game but lol at £50 for a five year old WiiU port.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I never got it on WiiU for some reason, I might get it on Switch but I'll wait until it drops in price.

Apparently it's a bit of a bad port (on all platforms) also and has some framerate issues. Thanks, WB Games!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Lego City is a great game but lol at £50 for a five year old WiiU port.

To be fair, it's a multi-platform release on everything so it's not like they're just trying to milk Nintendo fans twice. There's also a bit of work to excise Nintendo references and just un-gently caress the coding out of being a WiiU game probably.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, it's a multi-platform release on everything so it's not like they're just trying to milk Nintendo fans twice. There's also a bit of work to excise Nintendo references and just un-gently caress the coding out of being a WiiU game probably.

You'd think so, but no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/849976209299689472

30% off from Fire Emblem titles. Because.