Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Aumanor posted:

In a game that I vehemently hate numerous aspects of, thre's still absolutely nothing worse than idiots who won't surrender obviously lost games. The single largest improvement Riot could possibly implement is introducing some sort of disadvantage threshold at which 3 votes are enough to surrender and two morons can no longer hold their team hostage.
Sometimes when I'm the deciding vote I'll wait and we'll make a serious turnaround during the minute voting has been open.

At that point we'll be ahead but I can immediately cause a surrender by voting yes. Such power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks, sorry for the awful spelling, phone posting and my keyboard decided it hates me

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Why is Teemo so popular in Silver/Low Gold? I ended up Silver I (already back in gold and climbing) after getting around to playing games and he's just everywhere and never performs well. It's baffling.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
He's fun.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Fair enough, I've come back from more dire situations than that but to each his own.

I don't really get mad at losing anymore, playing 500 ranked games last season has beaten that out of me. The game is still fun to play to me even if you're not going to win. I just get mad at individual mistakes, mostly my own OR MY FUCKIN DUMBASS SOLO LANERS GOD DAMNIT

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

Why is Teemo so popular in Silver/Low Gold? I ended up Silver I (already back in gold and climbing) after getting around to playing games and he's just everywhere and never performs well. It's baffling.

He is also a great champion for learning the basic mechanics of the game with a crutch. Maxing E makes it really easy to last-hit (i.e., you have a longer/wider window of minion health), his R lets you bypass the usual cap on 1 free ward every minute, and his passive, Q, and W, are all great for escaping to avoid death.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like play teemo :-)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He also sucks at team fighting so you don't have to worry about that either, just keep farming and pushing

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Don't forget the global taunt!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I occasionally pick Teemo just to gently caress with obvious Riven mains and that's hardly a good idea but it keeps working so gently caress it.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
What's the theory behind making yasuo twice as good when his teammates have knockups as opposed to stuns? I don't understand that balancing decision at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011
ABY.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ShadowHawk posted:

What's the theory behind making yasuo twice as good when his teammates have knockups as opposed to stuns? I don't understand that balancing decision at all.

I dunno. I've never felt that "yasuo" comps really make a difference. If the yasuo is any good he'd easily have enough time to charge Q and ult your whole team if you get hit by any aoe stun. On the other hand, if he's total trash can then he was killed split pushing bot 20 seconds ago and isn't there to capitalize on a good knock up anyways when his zac decides its time for 4 v 5.

People are bad at working together in solo queue.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ShadowHawk posted:

Sick highlight reel combos means more people buying RP to get him.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yasuo-based optimism / pessimism perspective

thinking emoji

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is champion.gg still the hotness for geting builds or?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

underage at the vape shop posted:

is champion.gg still the hotness for geting builds or?

I prefer op.gg or lolalytics.com but champion.gg is also ok. Basically they all use slightly different algorithms and I wouldn't trust any of them beyond the basics (and sometimes not even that).

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I got owned by an ad teemo as Darius the other day so I have a renewed and healthy respect for the little guy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I owned a Teemo in lane as Xin because his jungler hosed up and fed me double buffs at level 2, but then he wrecked my poo poo mid to late game and won anyway. :smith:

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 4, 2017

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Methanar posted:

Aethis
Baes
: [11:45PM] Aethis: brodo you remembercaster minionfromflexthe morganaLMFAO[11:45PM] Burai: YESSO BADI REMEMBER

:(

Disable chat. What are the chances that a random League player is going to say something that will either make you a better player or change your decisions? Anyone reasonably good at the game probably isn't picking up anything new from chat, so gently caress em.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

even if he gets fed if your team isn't 5 auto attacking retards you will probably just be able to shut him down unless the rest of his team is also fed.

we ran into a situation recently in a goon normal where everyone else but the Teemo on their team was like 1/4 or something like that while teemo was 11/4 (mostly from kill stealing or shroom sniping low health idiots like me)

but it didn't help teemo because any time the little turd would show up all five of us would go on TEEMO ALERT and delete his stupid little rear end for showing up in the teamfight, and a couple of us were strong enough to stop or kill him should he attempt a split push

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Teemo is actually insanely strong in team fights but it is against his deeply held religious beliefs to contribute to his team in any way. :o:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Addamere posted:

[Any champion in solo queue] is actually insanely strong in team fights but it is against his deeply held religious beliefs to contribute to his team in any way. :o:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I really enjoy this stick legged new gargoyle, what is the good skin????

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Commando imo

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I really enjoy this stick legged new gargoyle, what is the good skin????

They're all pretty good honestly, it's kind of impressive after how half of nuWick's skins are rear end. I'd probably go Gatekeeper or Hextech though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Orv posted:

They're all pretty good honestly, it's kind of impressive after how half of nuWick's skins are rear end. I'd probably go Gatekeeper or Hextech though.

It's funny how warwick's rerelease was met with this huge fanfare but is actually rear end. Where Galio seems like a much better overall redo and it just kinda dropped, or maybe it's just been me not really paying attention lately.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah you're pretty much right. Warwick got the red carpet, the flashing lights and the twenty dev blogs about his design, Galio got like three things and then they went "Oh and here he is. :nallears:"

And I do really like his redesign. Aside from a totally hilarious out of the blue Galio game going stupendously well because who picks Galio anymore, I was never going to play him again in his old state, and here I'm already picking him up fairly regularly when I get shunted mid, and he's a lot of fun.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'm a big fan of Enchanted Galio myself.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I finally got Camille and ripped up my first game on her, which was ranked.

She is so drat fun and strong wow.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's funny how warwick's rerelease was met with this huge fanfare but is actually rear end. Where Galio seems like a much better overall redo and it just kinda dropped, or maybe it's just been me not really paying attention lately.

Orv posted:

Nah you're pretty much right. Warwick got the red carpet, the flashing lights and the twenty dev blogs about his design, Galio got like three things and then they went "Oh and here he is. :nallears:"

Maybe they didn't want to risk hyping another dud? Lol if they are media conscious about this of all things.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't really know. I've been thinking about this a bit recently, that most of the core League players (a handful of games a week/night kind of people, regular, semi-serious SR players kind of people) already found a champion they liked a long time ago. Back when they nuked the champion release rate I thought they were totally insane, but the further out from that we get, and the more new champs we get, we keep seeing pretty low (I don't know the actual numbers, just what I'm seeing) adoption rates for anyone from the last few years. It seems like they created a core set of champs with the play styles that people want around the last third of their big initial champ boom, and since then the only people really going hard on the new roster are new players, or people who don't main one or two things.

So at some point, relaunching Warwick was probably just a press move because LCS was over, they didn't really have any huge news for the new year and they knew it'd be a bit before truly new champs. But the turn around from Galio to these bird nerds is pretty quick, so why bother? I'd also actually like to see the real numbers on new champ longevity/adoption rates after their initial release, if anyone knows where to find that. Probably something with pick rate histories?

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Has Galios position been solidified yet? I've played him top twice and it went alright except with the range on his ult I kept thinking "maybe I should be mid.."

But Panth is played top with a similar ult so who the gently caress am I to judge..

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think he's a better midlaner. He also seems okay as a support.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

a lot of the new champs are popular up until they get deleted from the game because of their impossible to balance, toolkit designs

azir, kalista, kindred, etc. were all very popular and in every game up until they basically got removed. knowing that whatever champion you like might just get all their numbers divided by 2 the second someone picks it again in LCS doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence if you're looking to pick up a new champion. ahri, riven, lee sin, etc. are fun with a lot of room for mastery but come with the added promise that riot will bend over backwards to unfuck them the second they get too weak so why even bother at this point.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel similar to you, Orv.

I personally wish they'd stop making champions altogether and just make more game modes, mastery, runes, whatever. Stuff to change up the core game for everyone. I don't like most new champions, and haven't since around Season 2. With few exceptions, new champions for the past several years have either been obnoxious shitheads that extend mobility creep beyond the ability to ban out and/or have stupid unique gimmicks. And they have gone out of their way to avoid simple champions that are easy to pick up and play.

And all of this pretty much reinforces what Radical just said.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

All this talk about champion releases made me feel old. I remember shaco being released and I still think of champs released after Vladimir as 'new' sometimes.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Has Galios position been solidified yet? I've played him top twice and it went alright except with the range on his ult I kept thinking "maybe I should be mid.."

But Panth is played top with a similar ult so who the gently caress am I to judge..

I've seen Galio in just about every lane except adc, he seems pretty versatile.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Addamere posted:

I personally wish they'd stop making champions altogether and just make more game modes, mastery, runes, whatever. Stuff to change up the core game for everyone. I don't like most new champions, and haven't since around Season 2. With few exceptions, new champions for the past several years have either been obnoxious shitheads that extend mobility creep beyond the ability to ban out and/or have stupid unique gimmicks

And all of this pretty much reinforces what Radical just said.

Good champs released in the last couple years: Ekko, Tahm Kench, Bard, Jhin, Gnar, Braum, Jinx, Lucian, Thresh

Sure, some may have a gimmick, but they're good, fun, and balance able

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Good champs released in the last couple years: Ekko, Tahm Kench, Bard, Jhin, Gnar, Braum, Jinx, Lucian, Thresh

Sure, some may have a gimmick, but they're good, fun, and balance able

The only one on that list I don't like is Ekko, but that's because his time rewind thing really messes with my difficulty to parse visual noise and thus makes me lose track of him in fights; but, that's a personal issue, not a design issue.

Of the rest, Bard feels silly in SoloQ but probably okay in arranged matches. Should add Ivern to the mix, too; he is good.

• Locked thread