Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The base game could really use some halfling DLC.

Agreed, give me the soup tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

:allears:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Moot deserves more recognition for its contributions to the Empire: fight-bait for vampires.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tardcore posted:

^Isn't that just Storm of Chaos then?
Do you really want the write about how stupid Storm of Chaos was? Because I'd say that whole debacle was worse then End Times.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Zore posted:

For as much of a fantasy grabbag as Warhammer is, Dragons play a surprisingly tiny role. They basically exist as mounts for Karl Franz, Elves, Vampires and Chaos... and thats about it.

Didn't the Brets gets them as well? For at least one edition? I'm sure I remember this one guy at my old wargaming club having his lord on one. Then again I wouldn't put it past him to make a rule up to let himself take a dragon he wasn't supposed to have. Dude loved making rules up and basically cheating every chance he got. Having a copy of the rulebook handy was absolutely mandatory when playing him because pointing to a rule in print was the only way he'd ever admit to being wrong. I guess when you're in your 40s, single, live with your parents, spend your weekends playing warhammer with teenagers, and not only have a background story for your army but update it after every game, winning is pretty important to your ego. I would have stopped playing him but it wasn't a big club and there weren't that many people to play against and as sad as this motherfucker was, he was still preferable to playing 9 year olds.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Raygereio posted:

Do you really want the write about how stupid Storm of Chaos was? Because I'd say that whole debacle was worse then End Times.

Given the final results of both, I'd beg to differ.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Tardcore posted:

This kind of stuff really only pisses off the history grognards. The Warhammer ones mostly get pissed off at stuff like the foot squires and the hippogriff knights.

I don't feel especially strongly about foot squires one way or the other but hippogriff knights are pretty lame. It's the kind of Radious more-of-everything design you'd expect to see in a mod alongside an Aspiring Champions On Chaos Dragons unit.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

peer posted:

I don't feel especially strongly about foot squires one way or the other but hippogriff knights are pretty lame. It's the kind of Radious more-of-everything design you'd expect to see in a mod alongside an Aspiring Champions On Chaos Dragons unit.

See, I'm fine with the Hippogriffs but the squires bother me, Brettonia shouldn't have heavy infantry imo

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Raygereio posted:

Lets not say things we can't take back.

Because I will fight and die for the sheer hillarity of Chaos sucking so badly that they can't push over the first castle in their way and Archaeon the ever failure getting his arse kicked by Grimgor.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tardcore posted:

See, I'm fine with the Hippogriffs but the squires bother me, Brettonia shouldn't have heavy infantry imo

how should they do sieges

not being a dick i just genuinely have no idea how to do sieges as brettonia

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Yea I guess that would be a problem without them, my best guess would be men at arms with halberds + grail relique

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Josef bugman posted:

Lets not say things we can't take back.

Because I will fight and die for the sheer hillarity of Chaos sucking so badly that they can't push over the first castle in their way and Archaeon the ever failure getting his arse kicked by Grimgor.

The End Times was still worse to be honest, if only because it pointlessly killed off the WFB universe as we knew it.

I mean GW's list of worst campaigns basically goes:

1) WFB End Times
2) WFB Storm of Chaos
3) 40K 13th Black Crusade

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Why did people not like Storm of Chaos? It had the Good guys put together a really convincing team up and beat the ever loving hell out of Chaos.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Josef bugman posted:

Why did people not like Storm of Chaos? It had the Good guys put together a really convincing team up and beat the ever loving hell out of Chaos.

Because GW kept trying to fail forward Chaos and do what they did with End Times, but Chaos kept losing, so they grudgingly kept the setting going for a bit longer.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Josef bugman posted:

Because watching an MMA fighter beat the gently caress out of a kid in a wheelchair and then see the referee declare that the wheelchair kid nearly won the fight is not fun.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

If there's a bret hero who can sabotage walls, do that then waltz in with the cav.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Is there any particular reason why Warrior Priests get marked trash and placed into a dumpster when auto resolving?

Auto-resolved against some zombie spam Vampire army where the bar was nearly all yellow and ended up with my WP losing 3/4 of his HP while no other unit took damage.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Starve them out. Overwhelm them with numbers of infantry. Knock down the walls and/or gate and just shove knights down their throat. Sieging with what the computer might think is an inferior army, but with lots of heavy cavalry and then riding them down when they sally out might also work.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 4, 2017

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Sasgrillo posted:

Is there any particular reason why Warrior Priests get marked trash and placed into a dumpster when auto resolving?

Auto-resolved against some zombie spam Vampire army where the bar was nearly all yellow and ended up with my WP losing 3/4 of his HP while no other unit took damage.

I think it's their low armour while being a melee unit that does it, mainly.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sasgrillo posted:

They are actually pretty squishy, they were in the table top too.

An arch lector you could put in like 2+ Armour and had 3 wounds and was harder to hit in combat etc. I think the best a warrior priest could get armour save wise was 4+ and they had two wounds.

So they've sort of stuck with the lore, it's just really frustrating to have high level priests die

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Zaphod42 posted:

In my experience marketing people really don't get this and think not only is it cool and good to have sub-sub-sub titles but should be done as much as possible to cram as many brands into the title as they can

Tom Clancy's©: Rainbow Six™: Siege

The Lord of the Rings™: Battle for Middle Earth II©: Rise of the Witch King

star wars: jedi academy: jedi outcast 2: jedi knight 3: dark forces 4

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kitchner posted:

They are actually pretty squishy, they were in the table top too.

An arch lector you could put in like 2+ Armour and had 3 wounds and was harder to hit in combat etc. I think the best a warrior priest could get armour save wise was 4+ and they had two wounds.

So they've sort of stuck with the lore, it's just really frustrating to have high level priests die

Heavy armour + shield + barded horsie = 2+ on a mundane priest :smug:

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

Archonex posted:

Yeah, I figured it was better than double posting with a second question. :v:

Gotrek Gurnisson would be badass. Though i'd hope we get the whole lot of the characters featured in that series if so. IE: Felix Jaeger, Max Schreiber, Ulrika Straghov (Her family's fort is even a settlement in the game!), Kat, that crazy engineer that made a zeppelin, etc, etc. Gotrek was just the centerpiece.

So, would that be Ulrika before or after being turned into a vampire? Another LL for the Counts! :drac:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I am still sad I can't play as the border princes. There is even some fun ideas for playing as Kislev and co and sending mercenary armies across the world and stuff.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I play a lot of dawi online so losing is a big part of my fantasy identity

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

tarbrush posted:

I want this purely to piss off grognards. Also some suspiciously high voices for some Bret knights and same random female sprites across the factions.

I am sad that they did not do that for the Brets. Granted that may have only been added in by FFG, a company who doesn't hate women, so :v:

Granted I do like Neferata because she goes so all in on the negative women and lesbian stereotypes she ends up being awesome as gently caress because of it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eimi posted:

I am sad that they did not do that for the Brets. Granted that may have only been added in by FFG, a company who doesn't hate women, so :v:

Granted I do like Neferata because she goes so all in on the negative women and lesbian stereotypes she ends up being awesome as gently caress because of it.

Black Libraries wrote that old RPG book, not FFG.

Though FFG pretty clearly is also a company that does not hate women.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Turin has cracked the Black Coach meta.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any possibility of a GOTY edition? Figured. I'd actually pick this up now that it's all out

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

All out? We've still got the "Old Friend" teaser to be released. And then game 2 that combines with game 1 to make some sort of megagame is happening. Plus the DLC for game 2. And eventually game 3.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Korgan posted:

All out? We've still got the "Old Friend" teaser to be released. And then game 2 that combines with game 1 to make some sort of megagame is happening. Plus the DLC for game 2. And eventually game 3.

To be fair I can see some sort of Total War: Warhammer - Emperor Edition where it is just the first game plus all the DLC bundled together, but not any time soon.

It will eventually go with Total War: Warhammer 2 - Phoneix King Edition and Total War: Warhammer 3 - Flogged Dead Horse Edition.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

this was bad, sorry

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 8, 2017

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How much armor does the enemy need before gunners are better than archers?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Baron Porkface posted:

How much armor does the enemy need before gunners are better than archers?

30 is the cutoff I believe.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:vince:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Mel Gibson doing his thing I see.

I'd want to see Mel Gibson play a murder crazy and constantly shouting elven god-king in a movie actually.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:perfect:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Please tell me he headshot his own guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010